Chapter 222: Farming XP
6.7k 9 241
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
1 mil. views lads! That was way more than I expected for something I started as a parody, lol

We cleared the corridor following the Beast Room and any of the colosseums in our way. The Soldier Room brought nothing new, just an increased number of monsters. In the following passages, a dot appeared on my Life Sense skill right over my head.

I looked up. A giant green-skinned snake stuck to the wall with four legs. It had a strange dragon head and needles coming out of its back like a porcupine.

“Danger,” Rini muttered and leaped up. The dragon opened its maws, giving a glimpse of fire inside. 

Rini didn’t give a fuck and smashed its head off with her gauntlet. She landed gracefully but the monster wasn’t so lucky.

*Ding!*

—You earned 3120 XP for killing [Level 24 Peluda.]

“Peluda, the dark green dragon snake.”

“Poisonous,” Rini said as she pulled out its magic stone.

“Keep your diet in moderation.”

Rini looked down at her figure. “Diet? Onii-san, will I become fat if I keep eating magic stones?”

“I mean, you never know.”

Rini’s brows sank as a look of determination appeared on her face. “I can’t… boys hate fat girls.”

She already had six-pack abs like Rika. I doubt her body would work as a normal girl to convert extra calories into fat.

“I can’t hate Rini no matter what you do. That’s what a good brother would do.”

“Un..”

The distance between the rooms shrunk as we advanced. The Warrior Room had a new monster, Obsidian Soldier. It looked like a monstrous, barely humanoid carved out of solidified lava with a purple gem-like eye in its head. It lacked any agile movements but more than made up for it with its defense. The number of mutated monsters like taller wolf-headed monsters and more powerful barbarians in the mix.

The Knight Room made things spicier with the introduction of Spartoi, the formidable skeleton soldier stronger or equal to level 4 adventurers with decent weapons such as lance, sword, bone shields, etc. Unlike the rest of the monsters, these monsters could use their weapons like an adventurer. Not that they posed a single threat to the duo of demigod and monster.

Fighting in the Colosseum was mentally exhausting with seemingly infinite monsters pouring out of the walls. But the growing XP bar kept me going. Rini had become almost feral, ripping monsters with her bare hands with a menacing glow in her eyes.

The sight gave me chills, yet I couldn’t help but find her more attractive. Aimi changed me too much.

*Ding!*

[You have leveled up!]

Level 28… Heck yeah!

I calmed the monster inside Rini with headpats. She became docile

Instead of cleaning up the blood and getting dirty later on, I decided to continue onward. Rini’s bloody smile was the one to blame.

We roamed the corridors and coliseums, leaving carnage in our wake. Finally, the Throne Room came into view. The last room.

As disgusting as these undead monsters are, farming them gives good XP, and there are too many of them here. Aimi will love to be here.

I slipped through the crack in the wall with Rini and arrived at an open area with a bridge leading to a small passage beyond the cliff. The crackling sounds filled the entire room as the dungeon gave birth to another horde.

“I will watch Onii-san’s back.”

Rini pressed her back against mine and waited for the monsters to approach. It was honestly a scary sight. Battling them with fists might take up the better part of the night, so I ignited my wings and wrapped a hand around Rini’s waist.

“Onii-san’s is warm...”

I caressed her cheeks with telekinesis, rubbing her head while I was at it.

“Let me take care of this. We will return to others and rest.”

“Okay.”

I rose until my head was close to the ceiling and summoned Phenex’s avatar—the catalyst to the eighth level spell of Phenex, Imitation Flare. The flames wove a blazing sun overhead, concentrated with an extreme amount of Life and Fire Element. I had a hunch that creating the sun might be possible.

(You can!)

‘How can I not when Klyscha is motivating me.’

The undead screeched, the light seething their nonexistent eyes. Then something unexcepted happened. The monsters rushed like mindless beasts, even the cunning skull sheep threw all caution to the wind and jumped at me. Are they attracted to Life Element that much… or they think this is the way to the Surface world?

The latter seemed more plausible.

I ended the show by bringing my hand down. A concentrated laser burst forth, scorching everything to ashes in its trajectory. Then another, and another. I kept firing until the monster rush stopped.

My XP bar rose to 37.39% in one go. The swarm had lots of mutated monsters after all. They gave juicy XP.

The dungeon shook, the walls rumbling. It somehow felt like a cry. I might be imagining things since Aiko’s words were still stuck in my head.

The walls are crying.

I landed and deactivated the spells.

“The magic stones…” Rini said, her eyes glazed over. She shook her head and quietly grasped my hand.

(Lewd…)

‘No you.’

Nobody is lewder than the goddess who became a loli to please a man.

(Urgh… I can’t retort to that.)

Chuckling at the goddess, I crossed the bridge. The passage led us to a similarly dim area. There wasn’t much difference here from the 37th floor. After leaving a teleportation mark, I returned to the camp.

The girls slept on the bed. Nao and Aimi at the edge of the bed with Chiaki nestled on Nao’s bosom with a dreamy expression. Saeko and Shiori were snuggled together, and Rika slept opposite with her leg pressing on Shiori’s stomach. She refused to stop teasing Shiori even in her sleep.

The emperor-size bed had more than enough room for five more girls.

Grayfia was missing. I could sense her outside with the bond we shared.

“Rini, get there. I’ll check on Grayfia.”

“Un.”

Favorite if you liked it!

241