Chapter 228: Late night meeting?
6.6k 16 239
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since the expedition was beyond successful with no injury whatsoever, Astraea Familia decided to hold a small evening celebration party at the Hostess of Fertility. A mug of sweet ale was an adventurer’s favorite thing after a bloody day in the dungeon. Asahi’s group was naturally included because of their achievements.

He accompanied Nao for some more time before returning to the dungeon with Aimi. He casually strolled on the thirty-eighth floor, taking his time to flirt with Aimi between the squash battles with the Loup Garou and Red Lizardmen. He only returned in the evening to take a bath. Aimi joined him, cheerily helping him wash.

Night.

Asahi arrived at the venue with the rest of the Familia. Quite a few glares went at him, making him frown. Almost every male wanted to join Astraea Familia and bask in the glory, especially when they had several top-class beauties. Astraea held off any more recruits in fear of some spy infiltrating their grounds. They had played a major role in stopping Evilus’ plan last time; their group will surely try to get rid of Astraea Familia before their big plan.

“I’m not welcomed here,” Asahi muttered, rubbing his chin. “What did I do this time?”

Nao patted his back. “Just let them be. They aren’t worth our time.”

“I was just curious.”

The waitresses shuffled all over the bar, taking and delivering orders.

“Oho,” the gray-haired waitress Syr left a busy table and approached Asahi’s group. “Alise, another party?”

Alise rested her arms on her hips. “Yes. It’d be not kind to celebrate the arrival of a new group.”

Syr acknowledged with a nod as her gray eyes roamed over Asahi’s body as though searching for something. Despite being used to this type of behavior, Asahi’s body shuddered from Syr’s intense gaze.

Syr curled up her lips. “Asahi Marikawa. Every adventurer in the Guild is talking about your noble background.”

“Nah, I’m nothing special.”

Kaguya gave him a blank stare. As if nobody special could thrash a Goliath at level 1.

Alise narrowed her eyes. Syr’s unusual interest in Asahi was new. The waitress always maintained a distance with men.

“Let’s go to that table,” Alise said and dragged Asahi by hand.

“I just want to hide your secret,” she muttered under her breath. “Nothing more, okay?”

“Tsundere,” Asahi said.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

Kaguya shook her head at the scene. Her captain was far from being perfect. The others around her seemed to share the same feeling.

The party started. It didn’t take long for everyone to indulge in mead except Grayfia and Aimi, who had no wish to drink. They merely came here to carry the drunk home. Asahi didn’t bring Rini because of the vulgarity of some adventurers here. She went to Maya’s world to spend time with Shizuka.

Asahi idly waved the glass, watching Alise gulping down mead with a red face. “Captain, isn’t it enough?”

“Hell no! My father used to say, ‘drink till ya see stars.’”

Asahi didn’t try to ask anything about her father. She never mentioned him, so there could be only possibilities—either he lived faraway or he passed away. The latter seemed more possible from Kaguya’s somber eyes.

Asahi waited for Saeko and others to pass out. They lasted a lot more this time. With Aimi and Grayfia’s help, he brought them home. He stumbled into Astraea at the main gate. He gestured to others to go and stopped Astraea.

“Where are you going?”

“I have a meeting at Babel.”

“Isn’t it too late for a meeting unless…” he trailed off and squinted his eyes. “Are you going to meet your… lover?”

He knew he had no right to question her, but he couldn’t stop himself. He had no idea how to react if she nodded right now.

Astraea looked into his golden eyes. Instead of the confidence gleam, his golden eyes carried some uncertainty.

‘Is he jealous?’ The thought appeared in her mind for a second before she threw it back.

“No… I don’t have a lover.”

She was a maiden goddess even if not popular as the other three maiden goddesses—Athena, Hestia, and Artemis. Unlike them, she didn’t swear to be a virgin for life. She was just too busy with her ambitions that she didn’t have time for romance.

Asahi covered his mouth and took a sigh of relief. “You can’t go there alone. Let me escort you.”

“But—”

“You of all people should know Evilus is returning. What if they attack you?”

Her gaze softened, feeling the warmth from his worry. Even a random level 1 adventurer could dispatch her back to Heaven. 

“Thanks.”

“No worries.”

The two entered the streets.

“Why is this meeting so late?” Asahi asked.

“It’s not really a meeting. Freya decided to host a discussion. Hephaestus and Loki will also be there.”

“Freya…” Asahi murmured. Of all the places in Orario, he was heading into her den.

Klyscha’s chuckle echoed in his head. (She isn’t that scary, you know. My love’s charm is way higher than a defective goddess like her. Even Rini alone can take down Freya Familia… at the cost of some limbs.)

‘She is just trouble. I don’t want her to become obsessed with me like Apollo. She is too manipulative and possessive for my taste. Her pride won’t allow her to be a part of the harem, and she isn’t the one to back out.’

(Umu. I understand… imagine if I was as possessive as her.)

Asahi shuddered at the thought. ‘I wouldn’t have a harem…’

(Ehehe. You should love me more for my kindness.)

‘My affection meter for you is already maxed out. It can’t go any higher.’

(Liar… it’s still less than half of my feelings for you.)

‘...’

Favorite if you liked it!

239