Chapter 231: Confusion rises
6.4k 15 245
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Freya POV]

Ottar, clueless of the sudden change, opened the door. His hand rushed for the massive greatsword on his back. Ottar blocked the door, so Freya couldn’t see what aggravated him.

“Ottar.”

Freya stopped him and walked past him. The room had three people instead of two—a silver-haired woman kneeling before Asahi. She turned her head, staring their way with her red eyes.

‘The Valkyrie I met on the day of Monster Feria. How did she slip into the tower?’

Freya looked back, glaring at the hidden guard of the tower. The black-haired catman stepped out of the shadow and kneeled.

“Freya-sama, I—”

“Say that later.”

Allen Fromel raised his head and stared at the woman who appeared out of nowhere. He clicked his tongue in frustration. “Yes, Freya-sama.”

With him taken care of, Freya walked into the room. The maid stood and bowed. “Sorry to intrude without notice. I needed to check up on My Lord on my Mistress’s order.”

“Your Mistress? Who is she?”

Freya couldn’t help her curiosity. She was a strong woman; Freya could just see it in her soul—a beautiful blue soul that radiated chill enough to freeze one’s spine. Like the strongest Valkyrie of Odin’s legion—Brynhildr. Both had resembling souls, silver hair, and piercing red eyes.

“My Lord’s wives are my mistresses.”

‘Her Lord…’ she thought and faced the man sleeping with a goddess’s head on his shoulder. The relaxed face tempted her to approach and embrace her chest. She hardly resisted the urge.

‘I knew he wasn’t normal when I couldn’t see his soul… but his charm is way beyond the Elven race. It’s as if he is... a god.’

The possibility was out of the question as many people saw him fighting in the dungeon. And that thing won’t spare a chance to wipe out any god it sensed.

“My mistress is coming over. We will take My Lord and Lady Astraea back to our mansion.”

“I have no objections,” Freya said. “But, can you tell me how to snuck past my guards?”

No adventurer would share their abilities details with others. However, Freya had her charm to interrogate any mortal.

The maid shook her head. “I can’t divulge it without My Lord’s permission.”

Her charm failed yet again. Both the master and maid had rendered her charm useless. As ironic as it was for the undeniable goddess of beauty, Freya found the corner of his lips curving.

“Interesting. Ottar, bring the coming guest here.”

“Understood, Freya-sama.”

Ottar strode away from the scene.

Meanwhile, Hephaestus stood outside the room, dealing with the confusion in her mind. Did that aura come from the maid? How did she sneak into Freya’s house under Allen and Ottar’s noses? Ottar was one thing as his senses weren’t on the level of Allen. A level 6 catman. The fastest man in Orario. She had heard enough reports about him. Didn’t this mean the maid was one of the strongest adventurers in Orario?

Hephaestus let out a sigh and looked at the sleeping man and goddess. The two brightened the room with their innocent smiles. The goddess of purity and a playboy—the two couldn’t be far from each other, yet they were together like they were a match made in heaven.

‘Astraea met her perfect half. It's someone who understands and accepts her.’

Hephaestus unconsciously touched her eyepatch and shook her head.

The maid was still waiting at Asahi’s side, gazing at him with gentle eyes. Even Hephaestus could feel the love dripping from her melting gaze.

‘This man, isn’t his luck too good with women? What do they see in him that they are ready to share him with ten other women?’

It was a mystery to Hephaestus, whose past lovers always ended up running away, their throats spewing similar frightened screams.

Footsteps approached her back. Soon, a figure emerged. This one was a woman garbed in a tight black suit. She had a professional vibe that meant business. She walked into the room with her gray hair drifting in the night breeze. She picked the young man in the romantic princess carry.

“Asahi-sama…” she whispered.

Her affectionate voice and soft demeanor shattered Hephaestus’s hope of finding a normal woman around Asahi. Another lovesick… Hephaestus shook her head. The maid women carried Astraea in the same way and slowly walked away.

Freya remained rooted to her spot, a wide, creepy smile stretched across her face. She remembered this smile too well.

...The predator found its new toy.

“Wasn’t this just a meeting for us to relax?” Hephaestus whispered, but no one answered her question.

Favorite if you liked it!

245