Chapter 232: Astraea is jealous?
6.5k 7 228
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I woke up in the morning, Grayfia told me everything that happened at Babel.

“I messed up.”

My schedule of taking aura pills got messy after the night shifts at the dungeon. Grayfia remembered the timing and tried to call Klyscha. But the goddess was lazing with me in the blanket. Grayfia took the matter in her hands and came to feed me the aura pill at the last moment. I don’t know if Freya or others noticed my change. They weren’t acting out from Grayfia’s perspective and Loki wasn’t at the scene, so I have no way of finding out. I can’t ask Hephaestus either.

“Thanks, Grayfia. You saved me.”

Grayfia got up from the edge of the bed and turned around. “It’s nothing, My Lord. I should go now.”

Before she walked off, I grabbed her hand. “Wait, how did you give me aura pills?”

Her hands trembled as she tried to shake off my hand. The more she struggled, the more I wanted to tease her for the answer.

“I-I opened your mouth and put it in.”

That’s a lie. Someone kissed me at the time. The problem was already solved, so I stayed with Klyscha. Besides, Aimi was beaming ear to ear when carrying me. I didn’t want to interrupt her moment.

“Tell the truth, or I’ll keep you here.”

“You… why do you bully me?”

“Because I love it.”

Grayfia and Saya are the most fun to tease.

“...I kissed you,” she murmured.

“Now that wasn’t hard. Come, show me how you did it.”

“R-Rini is calling me!”

She darted out of the room, leaving me hanging. Saeko sat up, rubbing her eyes in a daze.

“Asahi-kun…?”

“Yeah?”

She said nothing and laid back again. The drink was still on her head. Even Nao was sleeping like a log. Oh well, I had no time as the training awaited me. I did my usual routine and headed to the dining room in the main mansion. The usually lively place was quiet as fuck.

“Asahi?” Astraea called, standing near the door. “Wait a moment. I’ll prepare your breakfast.”

Grayfia appeared behind her, holding my breakfast. “No need to worry about yourself, Astraea-sama. I have done it.”

“Thanks.”

I busied myself with the delicious soup. Astraea quietly sat facing me. Putting her elbows on the table, she cupped her chins and watched me with droopy eyes. The goddess’s intense stare made me a tad uncomfortable. I asked for the reason for everyone’s disappearance. She answered after a long gap. It turned out I was late, and the rest of the girls had left for the Guild.

“What happened last night?” she asked.

“Freya almost discovered me…”

I recited the event to her in its entirety. Astraea’s face paled by the end of the story. “It’s my fault for sleep—”

“No. You just had a rough day. I also made the mistake of sleeping after you. So we are even, okay?”

[—Astraea: Affection +5]

“...Okay. I won’t blame myself alone. I will blame you too,” she smiled. “Seriously, that small mistake would have started a big war between us… You don’t know Freya as much as I do. She will go to any lengths to acquire you. Any god will do that. Your abilities are too unique.”

“What about you? Aren’t you interested in my powers?”

She gave a small nod. “To be honest, I am interested in your blessing skill. How can it bring world destruction?”

“...Let’s call it the favor of a goddess.”

“Goddess? You met another goddess here?”

I shook my head. “Not here. In my world. She is a kind goddess. Well, as long as I’m alive, she won't destroy anything.”

“She seems to be a nice person.”

“She is the best woman in the world. I’d be a random soul wandering in the underworld without her.”

Astraea stared straight at me. “What do you mean a random soul in the underworld? Did you…?”

I confirmed with a slight nod. It’s the most I can tell her without spooking her out.

“I understand.”

Her voice was oddly bitter while her gentle eyes stared daggers at me. Was she perhaps jealous?

“I have some urgent business somewhere. Let’s talk after I return.”

“Alright.”

I quickly gulped down the breakfast. “Oh, about your bed. It’s ready now. Show me your room.”

“Where is it?” she asked, her eyes glistening with anticipation.

She guided me to her room. Well, it was surprisingly simple with just one bed, a table with some books and papers, and some small chests tucked under the table.

I dragged her bed out of the room and put the new one. Astraea sat on the edge and let out a content sigh.

[—Astraea: Affection +4]

“Sorry to make you work like that. I usually have trouble sleeping. Your bed fixed that for me… so easily.”

I just returned a simple smile and teleported to Heaven. A wild Gabriel dragged me to her room and requested some headpats. Sitting on her bed, I gently patted her head. The smile she gave was filled with sweetness, bewitching my innocent heart.

She was a lost cause at this point. 

After she had her daily dose, I headed to God’s room in his workshop. The usually empty room looked crammed with the addition of a giant transparent pod.

What kind of alien shit is this now?

“Um?”

Chiaki was also curious about this. She is so silent that I forgot that she stays glued to me.

“Play with Gabriel, okay?”

“Un!”

Klyscha teleported the fairy to Seraph’s side.

Favorite if you liked it!

228