Chapter 339: Negotiations
5.8k 6 198
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilith slowly sank on the couch and stared at her guests.

‘Are they here to help?’

Her husband jumped into the arena with the intent to kill Asahi. It was an act that couldn’t be refuted no matter how she twisted her words. For that purpose, she decided to approach Lord Lucifuge, who was Asahi’s relative.

“Could you please state the purpose of your visit?” Lilith asked politely. “Lord Asahi.”

Asahi raised his brow at her calm yet seductive gestures. Her gears changed fast. “You know the chaos happening in the Underworld right now?”

“I do. It’s a bit unfortunate. If only my husband didn’t become like this…” she sighed and shook her head as though feeling disappointed.

Asahi put a barrier around the home and leaned back on the couch. “No no. You’re misunderstanding me here. I don’t want to stop this chaos. In fact, I want you to go out there and fan the flames.”

Lilith snapped her attention back at him, her eyes shaking. “You don’t mean—”

“Engulf the Underworld in the flames of civil war,” Asahi said with a smile. “Do it, and I promise to cure your husband.”

Even Grayfia didn’t expect him to be this straightforward. He had no time to play around with words when he held a massive upper hand over the other party.

“You want me to betray the Underworld,” Lilith said, emphasizing the word ‘betray’ with a sharp gaze. “Why?”

She had once betrayed Heaven when she fled from Adam. God was amused by her betrayal more than anything, so he allowed her to leave. It was only when she met Lucifer did she become born anew. As a devil. A being far superior from humans.

Asahi smirked. “You mean to stay loyal to the Underworld after the shit they pulled at the meeting?”

His smirk could annoy anyone. Yet, it did nothing because of his overwhelming charm. Even Lilith, the mother of all devils and former wife of Adam, found her cheeks growing hot.

‘This charm… Now I know why Lucifuge’s heir fell into his hands and became his maid.’

Lilith’s lips curled into a smile. “I do not have any loyalty toward traitors.”

The Devil Kings trampled on the trust she and her husband put in them. She felt nothing but disgust for the current Devil Kings. Even more so when she was the one who gave birth to them.

“So we have a deal?”

Lilith nodded her head. “I will raze the Underworld to the ground. Without my husband, this place has no meaning.”

The wife of the former Devil King calmly declared her resolve.

(Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.)

‘I agree. Your fury is unmatched.’

Anyone who dared to kill him would die alongside their entire universe. It was a fury that surpassed myths.

“Please, cure my husband after…” Lilith lowered her head. “I beg of you.”

“Of course. It’d be no problem.”

“Please be relieved, Lady Lilith,” Grayfia spoke. “My Lord keeps his word.”

Lilith took a sigh of relief as she patted her chest. “I’ll start from today. So much work to do~.”

She had to gather Lucifer’s supporters and rally them under one banner—overthrow the Devil Kings. Despite their great numbers, the end result wouldn’t change. Lucifer’s supporters would be annihilated.

‘Does he want that? He wants to weaken the Underworld?’

Lilith was unaware of Asahi’s motives. Then again, she didn’t care enough to probe more. Once her husband becomes normal, she will leave this place and settle down somewhere else.

Asahi could feel what she was thinking. Her drooping shoulders and the exhaustion on her face gave her a depressing aura. She lacked much of a devil’s usual enthusiasm.

‘A depressed devil wife. How interesting.’

Grayfia gently pinched his waist. “My Lord, our work is done. Shall we return home?”

“We’re a little early. What about a date in the Underworld?”

He could scout what the future Super Devils were doing while Grayfia could enjoy a day away from her maid’s duties.

“I must decline, My Lord.”

A break for her came with more responsibilities. Some girl always messed up something in the house, and she had to spend extra time fixing it. Having so many women under the same roof created a different kind of mess during the day.

“No way. You’re having a break today.”

“My Lord…”

“Won’t you listen to your husband?”

Grayfia sighed. “We didn’t marry yet.”

“We’re as good as a married couple at this point.”

Asahi kept nagging her under Lilith’s curious, yet envious gaze. The mother of devils forgot the last time she quipped with Lucifer like this. Her relationship with Lucifer started as a business more than anything. She craved power; he craved a woman who could be a vessel for his demonic power and bear children for him.

She sighed as she recounted the long-forgotten past and went back to staring at the couple.

‘Why do they have to do this here?’

The devil was perturbed by the couple flirting in her room. She got up and left for her room, leaving the couple to flirt. She just hoped they didn’t start fucking on her couch.

Favorite if you liked it!

198