Chapter 340: A strange conversation
5.5k 10 211
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, an entirely different situation was playing out in the Stardust Garden. Astraea had gathered the adventurer girls and told them about the people coming from the Far East.

“They might be coming here for me,” Kaguya said and her eyes roamed the room, analyzing each and every one of her comrade’s expressions.

“What?” Alise asked. “Didn’t you say you received permission to rule the clan?”

“I did indeed.” Kaguya nodded as a smile appeared on her face. “Nothing is set in stone, especially in my clan. Striking at the most unexpected time is our motto, you know. My decision to leave was frowned upon by the elders. My mother had to cash in her favor with my father to give me approval.”

“Then what changed now?” Lyra asked. “I can think of a few reasons… your father most likely stepped down from authority.”

“My, indeed. Sharp as ever, Lyra.”

Lyra smirked. “Heh. Politics is too easy. I should’ve aimed to become a queen. Sadly, we pallum don’t have a country we could call ours.”

“Shame.” Kaguya shook her head in disappointment. “Now what, Astraea-sama?”

Astraea revealed a smile. “Nothing. Asahi wants to handle this on his own.”

Alise stared at Astraea. “That can lead to a war!”

“A war will never happen,” Kaguya said and folded her arms on her chest. “Far East is too far, you know? Even if soldiers somehow arrive here, they will die from starvation. Keeping a steady supply is impossible... unless they somehow got our Asahi-kun on their side.”

Having the power to teleport anywhere and storing an infinite number of items—he could overturn a war alone without using his overwhelming strength. Kaguya shuddered at the thought of Orario having an enemy like him. It’d be a nightmare that would end in Orario’s massacre. Unless the deities began using Arcanum, nobody could save them.

‘So much power, yet so little ambition… just like me.’

She rubbed her ring with her thumb as a smile crept on her face. If she stayed in the Goujono family, she could’ve become the family head in a few years. However, she didn’t want to waste her time doing something she never liked. She loved fighting and swords above all but using them to kill over and over. That wasn’t the life she yearned for. The day she made the decision, she left the Far East in search of something more meaningful.

‘Then I met Alise. The bubbly narcissist. She never stopped with the talks of justice.’

She glanced at the redhead who winked back.

“Not happening.” Alise denied with a straight face. “He belongs to us now, hehe.”

“I know. He belongs to us,” Kaguya added with a chuckle. “Us, right?”

Alise’s smile faded as a frown took over her face. Kaguya burst into giggles at her captain’s scrunched face.

“You became his lover.”

“What—how!” Alise questioned. “How did you find it? I was acting perfectly. I demand an answer.”

“You got that womanly vibes around you now. Happened to Astraea-sama when she got involved with him.”

Alise puffed her chest, a smug smile on her face. “You mean to say I became even more perfect? I knew it.”

Without Asahi’s presence, she put her boldness on full display.

Ryuu crept over to Kaguya. “Captain kissed Asahi when he was sleeping.”

Kaguya turned to Alise with a smirk. “Forcing yourself on a young man like that. I never knew our Captain was a molester.”

“No. I did not do that. Ryuu, stop lying!”

Ryuu joined others in laughing. Yet another girl who was completely different when Asahi wasn’t around.

Kaguya couldn’t help but smile at the scene, much like Astraea at the very moment.

‘How many lives are you going to touch, Asahi-kun?’

They wouldn’t be here, laughing and giggling if he hadn’t been there at the most crucial time to protect them.

‘Is it bad if I want to share the joy of living with everyone including you, Asahi-kun?’

(You’re always welcome!)

A cutesy voice interrupted her thoughts. Kaguya looked around, finding no stranger around.

(I’m in another dimension, hehe. You can’t see me.)

‘Who in the world are you?’

(Ahem. I’m Klyscha Marikawa.)

‘Asahi’s woman?’

Asahi’s last name had become popular around town after Asahi broke Ais’s record of being the fastest to reach level 2.

(Umu. I was granted the honor of becoming Asahi’s first wife.)

‘So Klyscha-chan, tell me something I understand. Why are you invading my head like you it belongs to you? Did you come here to give me permission to enter his harem? Did Asahi sent you? It’s unlikely for him to use his woman’s help.’

Kaguya rubbed her cheeks in thoughts before shaking her head. The Asahi she knew wouldn’t resort to using a woman. He managed to seduce one of the three virgin goddesses. No matter how much she prized herself, she couldn’t hold a candle to Astraea’s willpower.

(You’re sharp…)

‘To survive, you either need overwhelming power like Asahi-kun or a sharp brain. The deities didn’t bless me with such strength. I could only hone my wits to survive the training.’

(Gojouno’s seems like a troublesome bunch.)

‘They are indeed. I don’t really care now as long as my little world is safe. And yes, that includes your husband Asahi-kun. I may not be familiar with love and many other things, but I do know I feel safe around him. I don’t need another reason to be with a man.’

(Hmm. You can always wait until your heart is ready… we will be here even after several millienals.)

‘A long life.’

A man once sought immortality in Altena, the kingdom of magic. With countless years of hard work, he managed to create the elixir of eternal life. He presented the elixir to his deity, only for it to be smashed on the floor.

The tale of the Sage made Kaguya wary of the concept of immortality. She had seen what the gods had become after living a long life. Honestly, she couldn’t imagine herself as an immortal, so she threw the idea back somewhere and focused on her chat with Klyscha.

‘Is it okay if I have sex with Asahi-kun?’

(...I just told you about waiting! Why are you going for sex of all things?)

‘I’m tired of using my fingers.’

(...)

‘That wasn’t a joke. It’s a chore to clean up after.’

(I used to do that before I met my love… I can clean myself with a thought, but I can understand your problems… You need to ask my love about that.)

‘Understood, Klyscha-chan. I shall complete the mission of seducing the man who seduces everyone.’

Klyscha giggled in response. (Be wary of the devil, for he possesses an unfathomable charm. His fingers can tempt angels of light into darkness. Goddess or devil, none were shown mercy under him… I’m working on the next part.)

Kaguya suppressed her giggles lest she ended up becoming a weirdo in everyone’s eyes.

‘I liked this conversation we had, Klyscha-chan.’

(I’m glad you did! I also had a fun time. It’s boring without having my love to cuddle with me.)

‘Cuddle, hmmm… I shall try it.’

Favorite if you liked it!

211