Chapter 415: Cautious Riveria
4.3k 11 180
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asahi unceremoniously flipped the lid. A vial filled with sparkling blue water rested snugly on a bed of colorful flowers.

Hades cleared his throat. “Springwater from a Nymph Fairies spring. It can increase one’s life—”

“Not interested.” Asahi closed the box and slid it back to Hades. “This gift sucks, honestly.”

He had amrita to increase the lifespan of his lovers, which nobody was interested in drinking at the moment.

Hades hummed under his breath. “It seems I’m not well-liked here.”

“Hades, why don’t you stop being a pussy and tell me your real motives?”

Asahi was hellbent on provoking Hades. Ajuka shared a concerned glance with Serafall.

“How do we stop him?” Ajuka whispered.

“How would I know?” Serafall grumbled before mustering a smile. “Uh-uh, Devil King, what’s the hurry? Let’s hear some amazing tales from Sir Hades.”

“I have an appointment with Lilith,” Asahi said. “Then I have to prepare a formal reception for the devils. We can exchange these tales when I’m free.”

“Lilith? The wife of Lucifer?” Hades asked. “Where is she? Is she also dead like her husband?”

Hades took Asahi’s bait and inquired about the whereabouts of Lilith. Keeping a straight and calm face, Asahi replied, “No, she is imprisoned in the castle. For trying to assassinate me.”

Hades picked the black box in his fleshless hands and passed it to Pluto. The grim reaper nodded and vanished into the shadows.

“I’ll not take more of your time.” Hades pushed back the chair. “Take care, the New Overlord.”

“You too, Hades.”

The God of Hell left through the door. Asahi couldn’t feel Pluto or any other grim reaper in the castle.

‘He isn’t going to check for Lilith? Probably looking for a better time.’

(He isn’t reckless.)

‘I know.’

As much as he disliked the Greek Gods, they weren’t the bad guys in the DxD world. Even Zeus was a typical good god unlike his mythological counterpart. Whipping them won’t be as fun if they weren’t arrogant and evil. Only one person was barely evil amongst the Greek Gods. The sadist and chaos lover Nyx, the Primordial Goddess of Night.

‘Why do I feel like she will pop up sooner or later?’

(It’s the unwritten rule of anime… still, my love is face-slapping gods now… you’re like a xianxia protagonist.)

‘Always has been.’

Meanwhile, Serafall took a big sigh of relief and collapsed on the table. “We’re not doomed…”

Ajuka patted her shoulder while Serafall relished the fact that Hades left peacefully.

“You wasted the tea I brewed,” Rini muttered.

Asahi took the cup and drowned the tea in one gulp, regardless of its temperature.

“Rini, have you met Ais?”

The blue-haired maid gave a slight shake of her head. “I have been busy with Yuriko Nee-san… she thinks I’m a great model for her store.”

“That you are.” Asahi left his seat and took Rini’s cold gauntlet-covered hand. “Let’s check up on how Ais and others are doing.”

“Um… I miss Ais.”

Asahi turned to the two devils. “I’ll entertain you guys some other day.”

“Wait.” Serafall reached out. “I need to ask a question. Lilith visited my house two days ago. Is she imprisoned now?”

Serafall didn’t care whatever happened to Lilith. She only wanted to see how Asahi treated a devil who worked for him, to gauge his character.

“Is she dead?” Ajuka asked.

Asahi grinned. “Her fate is a secret.”

He teleported away, leaving two devils with many unanswered questions.

“Asahi, I feel a different energy in the air. Where are we?” Ddraig asked as soon as Asahi appeared in Loki’s empty bedroom. “Is this the human world?”

‘It’s another world.’

“Another world?”

‘Quiet for now. I’ll explain later.’

“Okay.”

Asahi unlocked the living room’s door to find Loki napping on the couch. Riveria was also present in the room in her usual green robes, reading a thick book besides Loki. The high elf peeled her eyes away from the book and her jade eyes stared daggers at Asahi.

Asahi sat on Loki’s side and pulled her head on his lap. Loki opened her eyes.

“Asahi… thanks for the lap.” The slightly drunk goddess became comfortable on his lap.

“Did you miss me that much, Mom?” Asahi asked with a soft smile as he patted Loki’s head. “Let’s chat somewhere in private. You’re free to put me to bed with some songs from the elven forest. That would be a terrific reunion.” 

“Stop being delusional,” Riveria said in a sharp voice, seemingly annoyed. “I was observing the changes in you.”

The addition of a new class made some changes to his aura, especially to races other than humans. Added that with the increased charm made him a new man in Riveria’s eyes. That impression, however, shattered as soon as he opened his mouth.

“You mean I’m more handsome? I knew my trick would work on Mom.”

The dissatisfaction in Riveria’s gaze grew at his narcissism. “I don’t know how to put it…”

Loki chuckled and kicked Riveria's thigh. “He has a divine presence even without his divine aura.”

“Yes, that is what I was feeling. Your presence is more ethereal now compared to before.”

“Silly Mom, does that change anything?”

Riveria shook her head. “It doesn’t.”

She was going to learn under Asahi to master the new method of casting spells. Even with Asahi’s absence, she had gotten a bit of progress in manipulating the elements of the world without any incantation.

“Asahi, ya are a sly one, aren’t ya? Going after my Familia even though ya have me to warm yer bed.”

“...I’d refrain from being the object of such topics,” Riveria muttered. She wasn’t against Loki joining Asahi’s harem, but she wasn’t letting herself be dragged into their mess of a relationship.

But Loki pressed down her leg, stopping Riveria from going anywhere. “Loki-sama?”

“Ya look tense as hell there. Here, lemme soothe yer troubles.” Loki put a hand on Riveria’s and caressed her jade hair. Loki grinned at Asahi. “Ya proud of me?”

“Loki, I love you.”

Loki snickered mischievously as she turned to Rini sitting on Asahi’s side. “Ais is in the dungeon, kid.”

Rini nodded listlessly. “Onii-san… let’s destroy some monsters?”

Asahi also had to check the effect of his new class on the dungeon monsters, so he agreed to Rini’s request.

“Let’s find her then.” Asahi threw a curious glance at Riveria. “Wanna come?”

“N… let’s go.” Riveria agreed after a moment of hesitation.

“Won’t ask yer lover?” Loki grumbled. “Already leavin’ me out.”

Asahi lifted Loki’s chin and kissed her before Riveria’s eyes. “I want you to rest and get as much energy as you can. We’ll not be sleeping tonight.”

The goddess’s eyelids separated, revealing glittering red eyes. “I wanna do it in yer bed!”

“Anywhere you want.”

Favorite if you liked it!

180