Chapter 492: A harmless prank (I)
3.4k 6 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun rose, shedding its ray on the world. Asahi, however, only felt a subtle warmth within the embrace of her wings.

She stretched her arms and her wings. Freeing him from the blissful embrace, she pressed her head against his chest and wrapped her arms around him.

“Dear, I feel like sleeping all day with you.”

The soft feel of her erotic body aroused him again. “That makes two of us, Mother-in-Law.”

As Asahi caressed her wings and her lovely back, the phone inside the room rang and buzzed. He fetched it with his telekinesis and answered the call. “Sekingar, what’s up?”

“Are you coming?”

“Why are you so persistent, geez? At what time?”

“9 o'clock.”

“So in one hour. Fine, I’ll be there.”

Yuriko sighed and revealed her mature, understanding smile. “I’ll scout the city for some business opportunities.”

She decided not to be selfish and let Asahi do his thing.

Asahi cupped her face and showered her face with kisses. “Take someone with you.”

“Rika is free to accompany me.”

Asahi spent some time in the shower with Yuriko, then left for the Official Superhero Certification Exam Center in City-A. He wasn’t joking about Yuriko paying the bill. She enjoyed supporting him with money, which meant nothing to him.

***

The place where Asahi’s Hero Entrance Exam took place was a dome-like facility. Up-and-coming heroes crowded the area, filling it with an intimidating aura.

“Wasn’t the examination going to be held today?” One woman in a biker’s jacket asked. “Why did it halt?”

“Yes, why did it stop? Answer before I shove my knuckles in your face.”

“Start the test. We, heroes, won’t be stopped by the association’s wild methods!”

A passionate bout of curses followed as all heroes vented their frustration on the meek guard.

The armed lady in a protective vest felt pressured under the glares of nearly a hundred people. “I-I don’t have the answer. Amai Mask came earlier today,” she tried to use Amai Mask’s name to stop the crowd. “He must be here for something important.”

It backfired, hard. The rage and heat grew, and people surrounded her, threats coming from every direction. Amai Mask wasn’t their idol but their most hated figure for having everything they lacked.

The other security staff tried to calm them down, but they lacked numbers to hold them off.

Asahi sighed and released a trickle of his aura. The young heroes felt their head buzz then they passed out on the spot.

Asahi drifted over the “corpses” and stopped before the main door. Just a dozen men occupied the entire facility, from what he could sense. Two of them emitted a powerful life force quite far from each other. The stronger and darker life force belonged to Amai Mask without a shadow of a doubt.

‘Who is the second hero?’

Asahi waved at the hidden security camera, which was surely being monitored by an S-Class. The door slid open at his arrival.

“Welcome, Marikawa-san,” Sekingar greeted him with a calm look, which melted as he looked upon the destruction behind Asahi. “What happened there?”

Exma, the black-haired beauty with a unique blue tattoo, carried her usual serious look. “Did you do it, Marikawa-san?”

Asahi didn’t need to explain when the lady guard ran up to Asahi and profusely thanked him for saving her. He crossed his arms and smiled at the duo. “I am reconsidering my options if the Heroes Association can’t protect their staff from a bunch of weaklings.”

“This facility is a little understaffed at the moment.”

The exams went by smoothly every time, as they never had to hold off the exams. Today was an exception as Sekingar had to put the regular exams on hold to maximize his efforts on Asahi's test.

“Let’s not waste more time. Follow me,” Exma said. “Come with us, Marikawa-san. We’ll test your physical abilities.”

“You two look like a couple, to be honest,” Asahi humbly said. “Just my opinion.”

Sekingar glanced at Exma and shook his head. The Demon Instructor would be the last woman on his dating list.

Exma looked over her shoulder. “Don’t have time for dates and all.”

Sekingar didn’t flinch. “We don’t doubt your strength but a test would allow us to assess your rating in a more concrete manner.”

Sekingar was a more fluent talker despite his tough exterior that stemmed from his metal prosthetic eye. Exma was more straightforward with her words. The dynamic between them was more cordial than they realized.

“I seriously doubt your equipment can properly get my readings.”

Sekingar smirked. “We have the best-in-class equipment at this facility.”

“How did they break?!”

Sekingar regretted his words after a couple of minutes. Asahi broke not one but every device with his insane physical strength. They were tested numerous times the day prior by trusted operators.

There was no chance for faulty equipment.

Sekingar stared at the handsome with his single eye. “You’re a monster.”

He meant it in every sense of the word. The man that single-handedly dealt with a Dragon-Level Disaster inspired fear with his power. Asahi broke every single record. And the worst part, the Heroes Association couldn’t catch a whiff of his background. He just came out of nowhere and smashed the Vaccine Man.

‘He must be from a martial artist clan like Bang.’

He had his own idea about Asahi’s background.

On the other side, Exma scratched her chin with a strange smile. Sekingar hadn’t noticed what she did. Asahi didn’t utilize his mysterious red gauntlet to achieve this result.

‘His strength is S-Class.’

His strength crushed any doubts she ever had.

Asahi waved his hand. “Is this enough?”

He wanted to get over this boring event and go back to Astraea for a level up.

“We also have a written test…” Sekingar said. “The last test.”

“Written test? Am I a child or what?”

Of course he knew about the written test. The Hero Entrance Exam assessed both the physical and mental strength. It was the most efficient and cost-effective test to check someone’s morality without bringing them to a therapist for enquiry.

“Fine. Lead the way.”

Sekingar heaved a sigh of relief. All the S-Classes were tough nuts to crack. Unique personalities that rarely mingled with other S-Class Heroes. He was glad that Asahi was reasonable.

Favorite if you liked it!

Join my Discord server | Patreon

133