Chapter 533: Assassin
3.4k 10 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nothing surprising in particular. Did you call me on a whim?”

Listening to Sekingar’s clear voice, Asahi kicked open the recently fixed window and jumped out. An angry Fubuki yelled at him indignantly, but he ignored her.

“I’m too busy to do that. There is a group of baldies running around. I’m sending my women to take care of them. Add the Hero Points to their record, got that?”

Rika and Shizuka were free at the moment. They may as well arrest the amok baldies while he takes care of his business with Sonic.

“I’ll let the operators know.”

“Good.”

As he put down the phone, Fubuki caught up to him. “We talked about my training. When will we?”

“I’ll let you know when I’m free for that.” Asahi placed a finger on her lips. “If you want priority over others, show me some results. Alternatively, you can…”

Fubuki noticed his gaze descending to her breasts. She crossed her arms over her chest, protecting her assets from his lecherous eyes. “I’ll get you the results you need.”

Asahi chuckled. “I’ll expect some excellent results. And one last thing, I will bring over Freya’s Familia soon. You’ll guide them in finishing hero activities.”

“Familia?”

“It’s a group of tough people.”

“She isn’t just a maid?”

“She is my maid,” Asahi said with a shrug. “A woman named Yuriko will visit you later. Let her take care of the financial side of the group.”

He was arranging roles to let her direct her focus on hero activities.

Fubuki looked at him skeptically. “You planned all of this for my organization.”

“It belongs to me now.”

“We still have our human rights.”

“Laws can’t bind me, Miss Fubuki.”

Fubuki sighed. “What are you planning to do after strengthening this organization? Take over the world?”

“Too boring. I will create an organization to fight monsters.”

Doubts bounced around in her mind. “Don’t we have the Heroes Association for that? Why do we need another organization for the same goal?”

“I can’t answer that now. In the meantime, sit tight and wait for orders.”

After flashing a cocky smirk, he flew away.

Fubuki stared at his back with a mix of confusion and admiration. If he wanted her, he had the perfect chance when she was passed out in his arms. Or worse, he could use his absolutely disgusting powers to force her. From his ability to disappear and the ability to reverse time, she doubted her sister could find him before he finished the deed.

She was hopeless if he wanted to try anything.

‘Is he putting on a perverted front to hide his true motives? Could he be earnest about being in love with me?’

There would be no answer to the mystery unless the man in question opened his mouth. One thing was sure, she wouldn’t forgive him so easily.

***

Speed-o’-Sound Sonic peered through the window while swinging a leg. The window of the highest building of this skyscraper allowed a clear uninterrupted view of the entire city, brimming with calmness. No one in this sea of calmness was aware of the abundance of chaos and cruelty that took place in the Ninja Village during his childhood.

“Loving peace, abhorring violence.” Sonic crossed his arms and hung his head, and his long bangs flowed down his face. “Wretched bunch ignorant to the exhilaration of battle and assassination.”

Hearing footsteps in the distance, he turned his head. His employer, the Millionaire Zeniru, entered the room, his guts hidden with a lavish robe. The man’s perpetually furrowed brows and thick lips showed disinterest as he talked to someone on the phone.

“Why did it happen today? I was going to meet some Heroes Association executives to sponsor them.” He scratched his thick, curly hair. His plan to improve his image would be delayed again. 

“Sonic!” Zeniru put down his phone and called out. “Some terrorists are going to attack my place any second. I must leave this place.”

“No need. No need—”

“You won’t help him, boy.”

Sonic leaped high, stopping short of reaching the ceiling, and landed before Zeniru. Despite his senses trained thoroughly in the ninja village, he couldn’t find the source of the voice.

“Zeniru,” a solemn voice ordered. “Come outside.”

Sonic scoffed. “I have a duty to protect this fatty as his bodyguard. Who is to guarantee his safety while I am away?”

“Who are you calling you fatty?!” Zeniru huffed. “I’ll never hire—”

Zeniru’s voice cut off abruptly. Sonic quickly turned and saw a clean cut around Zeniru’s neck. Blood gushed out as the millionaire’s head tumbled to the floor and his body fell back.

Sonic was petrified as though lightning struck him. His employer was assassinated right in front of him. He failed in his objective. The horrible failure showed his lack of skills and the difference between him and the other assassin. The difference he refused to admit.

“Who the FUCK did it? Show yourself and let me slice you in two.”

“You should have followed my suggestion,” the voice replied with a chuckle. “Come to the forest outside the city if you want to meet me.”

“I’m coming. I’m coming to kill you, fucker.”

The young ninja swore vengeance on the mysterious entity, who painted a giant black stain on his otherwise flawless assassin-slash-mercenary career.

***

In the serene forest outside the city, a youth leaned against the tree while munching on an apple. His carefree charm would fascinate any onlooker, and none would suspect him of the act of assassinating Zeniru and the provoker of Speed-o’-Sonic.

(My love, you’re becoming sooooo evil. I can’t believe a goddess of justice is marrying you.)

‘That guy was the stereotypical millionaire trash. A waste of space. Sonic should be here any sec—he is here.’

Jumping from a tree to another, Sonic’s eyes darted from one side to the other in search of any presence that wasn’t animal. At last, he found the young man appearing to be the same age as him.

Favorite if you liked it!

105