Ch 1: Prisoner
219 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Get in, damn imperial mongrel!”

A lone man is thrown into the cell by soldiers of the Kingdom Zaphira. His head knocks on the cement causing blood to drip from the bruised spot on his head. His silver hair is stained with blood. 

Pushing himself up with his upper body, his emerald eyes narrow to squint in the darkness of the cell. With his hands bound behind him he struggles to prop himself up properly.

His surroundings are a dark and cold cell. Nothing was decorated for a decent prisoner of war. He didn’t even have a toilet or bed to lay on. 

The young man was named Zero. He was an enemy soldier to Zaphira. He belonged to the Empire of Luxia. 

The two countries waged war against another and Zero was just one of many soldiers. 

He was unfortunately captured while off guard. He was taking a bath in the spring lake on the border of the Empire’s campsite when he was ambushed and captured.

Now, he was thrown into an empty cell crawling of bugs with bruises all over him.

Zero, didn’t care too much for the situation he was in. He merely narrowed his green eyes and crawled with his knees towards the wall. Positioning himself with his back to the wall he closes his eyes.

He wanted to sleep, rather than stay awake. His body ached from being beaten by the enemy soldiers and he didn’t want to deal with too much thinking. Besides, he could get out when he finds the right opportunity.

Meanwhile, in the upper level of the building in which Zero was being held... 

A soldier was delivering a message to what appeared to be a commander draped in black feathered robes sitting down on an office chair in a fancily decorated room. 

“We’ve captured an enemy soldier, Commander!”

Saluted the soldier.

Putting his pen down, the handsome black haired man waved his hand at the soldier.

“How was it?”

“He refused to answer any of our questions.”

“What kind of prisoner did you even capture?”

“We ambushed him at the lake near their campsite. Based on the clothes found nearby he is a high-ranking soldier. An Admiral, Sir!”

“An Admiral? How were you able to capture such a high ranking person from the lake?”

“There were no guards around and lucky for us he was weaker than expected.”

Weaker?

The commander scoffed at that remark.

If he was so weak... How could he obtain the title of Admiral?

“Were you able to get any good information from him?”

“No, unfortunately, he didn’t speak a single word, Commander.”

He smiles.

“Bring him to the torture chambers tomorrow morning. I will also attend the meeting. Now leave me be. I have work to do.”

“Yes, sir! Commander Neris, Sir!”

The soldier salutes Neris and leaves closing the door behind him slowly as to not disturb Neris’ work.

Why did he let himself get caught so easily? If he is an Admiral, surely, he could escape quite easily with his level of skill... Unless... There was something he wanted to do.

Neris taps his pen on the table in contemplation.

“No matter, I’ll figure it out tomorrow.”

His ruby eyes glow a dangerous red as the sound of scribbling is heard through the office.

4