Chapter 5: Fruits of Training and New Ideas
255 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you like talking animals?
  • Yay Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Ney Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Depends Votes: 19 76.0%
Total voters: 25

Year 1511: The Great Pirate Era Year 11

WEST BLUE: Kano Country

On One Of The Rock Spires Surrounding Kano

 

I land on one of the trees that are somehow growing on these rocky spires.

Seriously, how did trees start growing in these cracks?

Well at least the trees are sturdy enough that the branch isn’t breaking from my rough landing.

I sit on the branch and start swinging my legs while enjoying the view.

My hair being blown back by the wind feels so good…

 

I’ve gotten pretty good at this flying thing.

Or should I call this floating… what is this actually?

I can float and stay in the air. I can boost myself up and fly…?

Or is it gliding with boosts? Floating and gliding?

 

… What have I’ve been doing these three years…

“I WANT TO FLY! NOT TO FLOAT! DAMMIT!!!”

I shout at the heavens when I realize that I’ve been doing this wrong for three damn years!

I haven’t truly flown all these years! FUCK!

 

I’m actually starting to curse… I hope this doesn’t become a habit.

I don’t want to sound like some of those annoying sailors and pirates.

Urgh, need to figure out how to fly properly…

How do birds fly…?

 

I started looking around some of the birds flying around.

Flapping their wings to give boosts…

Sometimes just gliding and sometimes floating…

??? I tilt my head while watching the birds.

 

I can do what they do, but why is it so different.

If I float, I won’t move…

If I boost, I stop floating…

If I glide, I can’t float nor boost and start going down…

 

… I need to be able to do all of those together…

That is why I can do those things while willing to fly…

… How long is this going to take?

Three Damn Years To Get Here And Now This!?

How many years until I actually start flying?

 

Let’s not think about flying for now.

I’m getting really annoyed about this right now.

Thankfully I’ve gotten something correctly during these years.

I look at my not so pale arms and smile.

 

My skin color has become a lot healthier compared to the pale white it used to be.

I’m still quite pale compared to even the normal people but at least I’m not mistaken as a ghost… that often.

Now I look like a grey corpse in the dark and a pale boy in the light.

Still I’m getting healthier and that is all thanks to the books that Doctor Faust let me read.

 

I’m actually able to boost my healing!

I had a lot of practice… should I be happy about that?

First I make my immune system faster, thank god I don’t actually need to see or know in detail what I need to boost.

Although more details I have, the better I can affect them.

 

Next I make the new tissue and blood vessels grow faster.

This part makes me itch so badly, but after so many times I’ve somewhat gotten used to it.

*Shudder* Urgh, that was not fun at all.

I also need to stop the process before completely healing myself.

Doctor Faust said something about getting cancer if I keep doing it too much after completely recovering.

 

Healing myself this way makes me really hungry.

It takes so much energy that depending on the wound, I would probably need to eat a whole month’s food right there.

Going to the toilet afterwards is always horrible…

And I still don’t know how to fix my bones.

I really need to work on that, I’m pretty sure some of my fractures haven’t still healed after the years.

 

-

 

I finally glided back home after doing a round around the island while trying to fly properly.

It is not easy at all. I’m having a horrible headache from focusing too much.

I think it will need much more concentration and willpower for me to truly fly.

 

“Chirp chirp!” A bird chirped while making a nest in the courtyard.

“Hey, birdey! Don’t build a nest here! I’m having people already disturbing my mornings and don’t need your singing to add to that!”

Annoyed, I yelled at the bird that was casually building his/her/it’s nest on one of the fancy statues I liked.

The bird looked at me then at its nest and suddenly nodded and started removing pieces of its nest.

 

I’m pretty sure my jaw just fell to the ground and my eyes are as wide as saucers.

“Did that bird just understand me?” I muttered in a daze.

The bird looked at me again and “Chirp!” nodded while seemingly answering…

Are you kidding me? Has it always been like this?

 

I know that highly intelligent animals understand human speech and some even can speak in human tongue.

“Hey, birdie. Would you mind answering a few yes and no questions? I’m quite confused right now and need answers.”

I asked the bird while calming myself down and putting my dislocated jaw back on place.

The bird stopped the relocation work and looked at me in confusion, probably since nobody usually talks to wild animals, and nodded.

 

“Okay, thanks. First of all… do all the animals understand human speech?” I asked my main point of concern.

“Chirp.” The little bird shakes his/her head while answering.

So, not all animals. Then what is the difference?

Actually lets forget about the difference and narrow down on how many can understand.

 

“Do most of the animals understand?” I asked while slightly changing my question.

“Chirp!” Nodding the bird answered with a bright chirp.

That is much better. It’s good to know that dumb ones are the exception.

I’ll assume that any animal that doesn’t react to speech also doesn’t understand.

 

If animals can understand humans, then can we also understand them?

I’ve heard people talking with animals as if understanding what they are saying but I thought it was just some weird pet owners.

Can Will allow me to listen to what animals are saying? Let’s try it out. I focus my Will to my ears and brain.

I WILL UNDERSTAND ANIMALS.

 

I look at the silent bird… I guess it’s waiting me to ask a question.

What should I even ask…?

“Are we done?” I suddenly hear a young woman’s voice questioning me.

I start looking around in surprise and then finally look at the bird.

 

“Was that you?” I look at the bird in surprise.

The bird tilts her head and stares at me, wondering if there is something wrong with me.

“I mean, was that you who asked ‘Are we done?’ while I was pondering?” I clarified.

Now the bird seems surprised and confused.

 

“You can understand what I’m saying?” She asked in confirmation.

I DID IT! I CAN UNDERSTAND ANIMALS!

“Yes! I just tried something and now I can understand you!” I said while smiling like a fool.

“So easily!? Since when was it so easy for humans to understand us!?” This time the birdies jaws dropped in shock.

 

“Oh believe me, training to this point wasn’t easy. I’ve just gotten a bit more used to controlling this power.” I said with pride.

“So you learned to understand us, but what now? You just complained about our singing and now you understand us. Isn’t this going to annoy you even more?”

“Oh, don’t you worry about that. This isn’t permanent and I can turn it off.” I waved off her concerns.

 

“Seriously… How does that even work? I’ve heard of similar things but not being able to turn it off.”

Is she talking about the Voice Of All Things? I thought it was a myth.

“Well, I guess that’s it? I learned something awesome and I don’t really have any more questions.” I said to the bird while smiling.

“Then we are done here. Do I still need to leave since I helped you out?” The bird asked hopefully.

 

“Yes. It will still be annoying if you stay. But as a thanks I’ll help you relocate.” I said while picking up the half-done nest.

I should test what other things I could accomplish with my Will.

But first I should mainly focus on my flight and health training.

I will think of ideas on the side and test them when I have time.

 

Now that I can talk with birds, I can ask their help with flight training!

This is going to be great!

 

Hello World!

'Tis I, Dravde! Still busy but I'm doing mah best.

Found this chapter quite boring to write. Never really liked to read info dumps and even less to write one. But I'd rather write the results like this then to write in detail about the boring training of our little rascal.

There will be few time skips but that is mostly because our MC is quite weak so he really needs quite a lot of training before he could even survive at the Grand Line. We will soon meet some familiar characters from the world of One Piece in the coming chapters and I will go less in detail about the training. Well I'll write them when I have some more time.

Pleasure to be here, as always. Happy readings y'all!

5