Chapter 6: Double Trouble
194 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 1513: The Great Pirate Era Year 13

WEST BLUE: Kano Country

Palace Of Kano: Training Grounds

 

“Oi, have you heard about the rumored Flying Boy.” Asked the frill collared young man while delivering a kick towards his opponent’s flank.

“Eh, him? I think I’ve sometimes seen him when I look at the sky. Not sure.” Answered the orange haired young man while deflecting the attack.

“He has become quite the talk in the capital while we were training at the sea on Grandps’ orders.” Said the frilled young man while deflecting a counter.

“I found out that they call him the ‘Little Don’.” He sends a quick jab at the orange haired young man.

 

“Little Don, huh. How arrogant.” Orange haired man grabs the hand and tries to throw the frilled man over his shoulder.

Frilly man uses his polearm to hit the ground and counters with a kick while balancing on it.

“Yea. Even I, the next successor of Happo Navy, won’t call myself ‘Don’.”

 

The orange haired man dodges and retreats a few steps back and lowers his stance.

“Are you thinking about teaching this fellow a lesson, bro?” Said the orange haired young man while sporting a smile that shows his missing front teeth.

“Yes. Only one who can be called a ‘Don’ is the leader of Happo Navy! This brat is disrespecting our Gramps!” The frilled young man said scowling.

 

“So, where are we going? Does he live in the capital?” Orange brother said while grabbing his axes.

“No. He is living in the town just over the bridge. The one with all the docks.”

“Good, it isn’t far. Let’s teach this kid a lesson!”

 

-

 

“Chirp Chi-chirp Chii-!” A small bird started loudly singing from the window.

“Ugh… Let me… sleep… in peace… dammit…” I mutter groggily.

“CHII- CHIRP!” The bird started yelling like it saw it’s children being made into breakfast.

“I SAID! LET ME SLEEP!” I threw my pillow at the window in rage.

 

“WHAT IN THE BLUE SEAS DO YOU WANT WITH ME SO EARLY IN THE MORNING!” I yelled while activating my animal translation ability.

“Dravde! You need to hide and quickly! For some reason Chinjao Family is after you!” With panic and hurry in its voice, the bird chirped.

That statement made my heated head cool down immediately.

“Chinjao Family? What on earth do they want with me? I haven’t done anything to them.” I asked the bird while trying to remember if I’ve done something recently.

 

“We don’t know yet. All we know is that two very angry looking men are coming here and they are looking for you!”

“Well I guess I’ll go take a flight and try to figure out why they are after me.” I started putting on my clothes and getting ready to leave.

“Oh no! They are here already! Quickly, run!” The bird chirped in alarm, while my attention switched towards the courtyard where sounds are coming from.

“Come out here you bastard! We know you are in there!” An angry yell came from the courtyard.

 

Yep. Someone is pissed… And I have no idea why. Not that he is the only one.

I’ll try to see what this is all about. If I need to run, I can just take to the skies.

“Are you the one they call ‘Little Don’?” Said the angry looking monkey face with a tutu on his neck while I exited the house and walked to the courtyard.

“You are Little Don! Your whole family is Little Don!” I yelled in anger, using a cursing method I heard from one of my neighbors in the slums.

 

These guys came here with an attitude, so I will answer in kind. And it seems to be working. They are quite stunned.

“… He is technically right, bro.” Uttered the orange haired guy with missing teeth.

“Well I am the next Don, so it should be correct to call me ‘Little Don’.” Muttered the monkey face back.

 

… What is with these guys? Didn’t they come here for something?

*CLAP CLAP* “Hey, guys. Didn’t you want something with me?” I clapped these guys back to reality.

“Oh right!” Monkey face started scowling again. “Stop calling yourself ‘Little Don’! You are disrespecting our Gramps, Don Chinjao!”

“And my bro here is the next leader of the Happo Navy and will inherit the title of Don!” Continued the carrot hair.

 

Are these guys idiots or did they just hear my nickname and came to pick a fight?

*Sigh* “You know… I don’t call myself that. People around here gave me that nickname. So how about you complain to them?” I said in exasperation while facepalming.

“What? Why? How?” They asked, obviously confused.

Oh for the love of… *Sigh* So they truly just came to pick a fight after hearing that nickname.

 

“Name’s Dravde, by the way. You’re welcome. Are we done here?” I spat my words with plenty of spite at the idiots for ruining my morning.

“You bastard… Fight me! I am Sai, the 13th leader of Happo Navy, and I will not have you show such disrespect to us anymore!”

Seems like I’ve ticked off Monkey Face and his brother. For people born in prestigious families they look like a bunch of thugs or clowns.

 

“No thank you. Now if you could just leave me alone, then that would be just fantastic.” I politely decline while obviously giving them no respect.

Monkey Face charges at me in anger and starts shouting profanities but is stopped by Carrot Hair.

I take a few steps back and start levitating just in case.

“Calm yourself, bro! I, Boo, apologize on behalf of my bro. He overreacts easily. But you are also to blame for your rude attitude.” Carrot Hair said in surprisingly politely compared to his brother.

 

“Well this was not the best wake up call, so I am quite grumpy.” *Ya~wn!* I emphasized my point with a big yawn.

Seems like Monkey Face is slowly calming down, after seeming me floating like I’m prepared to fly away. Hot headed but not that stupid it seems.

“I’m just being honest here. You just came here accusing me of something that I can’t even control and start picking a fight. In all fairness I have the right to have an attitude.”

My sentence finally completely cooled down the Monkey Face.

 

“My apologies. It seems I got ahead of myself and lost my cool.” Monkey Face said seriously while giving a slight bow after being released from his brothers hold.

“Let me introduce ourselves again. I am Sai, the 13th leader of Happo Navy. And this here is my younger brother, Boo.”

“And once again, my name is Dravde. For some reason nobody bothers to use my name, and everyone uses my various nicknames.” I said in frustration.

 

-

 

After taking a tea break and most importantly, having eaten my breakfast. We calmed down to have a proper talk.

For some reason these guys still have something to say.

Monkey Face puts on a serious face, not that I’ve seem his face in anything but various stages of serious.

 

“I’ll go straight to the point. Join Happo Na-“ “HELL NO!”

”At least let me finish, you fucking asshole!” Monkey Face starts raging again.

“Why would I even join your damn navy. I’m not even a citizen of this damn country! You have no authority over me!” I said to the brothers while Carrot Hair kept Monkey Face from lunging at me.

 

“What!?” Both brothers were startled by this revelation.

“Did you seriously not know anything about me when you decided to storm in?” I raised my eyebrow while coldly looking at the brothers.

“Also I’m 15 years old. I know I look quite young, small and cute, but don’t try treating me like a brat.”

““WHAT!? You are only 2 years (a year) younger than me!”” Screamed the brothers while their jaws hit the floor.

 

“How old did you think I was?” I probably shouldn’t have asked.

“Something like 8 or 9 years old.” Answered the Carrot Hair in disbelief.

“And why on earth were you trying to get a 8 to 9 year old to join a damn navy!” *BAM!* I slam my fist on the tatami floor.

Damn my slow growth. It has gotten better after studying in Faust’s Clinic but it’s still quite slow.

 

I’m getting tired of these idiots. I put my aching hand on my face while shaking my head.

I may be smarter than most people but I’m well aware that even normal people aren’t this stupid.

“Can you just leave me alone? I’m so tired of this…” Ending my complaint with a heavy *SIGH~*.

“Bro, I think that you should give up. We have caused enough trouble for him.” Carrot Hair tried to talk Monkey Face into leaving.

 

“NO! I will not give up! He can fly! Imagine how great it would be to have him join us!” Monkey Face protested.

“Come on, bro. Just give up for now.” Carrot Hair started dragging Monkey Face out of the house.

Huh… Little bro Carrot Hair is actually the calm one while Monkey Face is the emotional one.

Well the Monkey Face keeps flailing and picking a fight like a monkey but Carrot Hair unlike his thuggish face is quite calm and collected.

 

“UNHAND ME, BOO! I MUST MAKE HIM JOIN THE HAPPO NAVY!”
“Just give up, Bro. This is enough for today. Let us go back to Grandfather.”

I can hear the brothers going farther away while loudly quarreling.

I don’t feel like doing anything anymore. I’m just too tired.

 

 - A Week Later –

 

“Dravde! Join the Happo Navy!”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!”

 

Hello World!

Dravde reporting for duty! I did a chappy! (Chappy!?!?! WTF!?) Yay! (Kaminari impression)

I'm tired. Chapter was longer than I wanted and I also changed the content atleast twice. At least I'm happy with the chapter.

We finally see some people from the main storyline. Even if they aren't the main crew. Had to have Boo and Sai appear atleast once since this is their home island.

As mentioned in the chapter our MC is getting healthier but he is still quite small. But don't worry! He won't be looking like a big Tontatta for long! But he will end up at the same size as Luffy... or smaller. Let me check... *G**gling Luffys height* HOLY **** They will be exactly the same size! And I even added few cm to his hight because I thought he would be too small but damn! People in ONE PIECE are BIG!

Well that is all. Next would be a chapter that I had inspiration some inspiration from last week so I've already written some of it. But it will take some time to finish since I've been busy and am quite tired. Yay! (Kaminari)

I'm going to sleep. Nighties and happy readings!

 

7