Chapter 11: Reverse Mountain
170 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Whistle* “Da~mn. So THAT is the Red Line.”

Before me lies a gigantic wall of red as far as the eye can see.

Even when the sky is clear you just can’t see the end.

The great mass of land that divides the world along with the Grand Line to 5 different seas.

 

Magnificent as it is… It is still a pain in the ass.

Maybe next time I’ll try to strike a deal with the Sea Kings when I need to visit the Blues.

Don’t want to have to mess with this giant mass of red rock for a second time.

 

Traveling through the Calm Belt is the best way after all.

If you have the means to travel in a sea filled with Sea Kings and a way to propel yourself forward without waves and wind.

Then all should be fine and dandy.

If I’m ever going to attempt that, then I should firstly figure out the best way to make to use my Will to boost the boat.

 

Okay, time to focus. I’m getting closer to the Reverse Mountain.

The waves are starting to get quite rough and from the looks of it, the closer we are the worse it gets.

Let’s get as close as we can until the handling becomes too much.

No rough sea can hold me down as I’ve come prepared.

 

 

… Okay now should be the right time.

I’ve gotten really close and I can see the entrance quite clearly.

Just how is the water going up the mountain?

Well I’ll have time to think about it while I’m riding the current but now is not the time.

 

Activate. Ship Float.

Urgh. It’s always feels so weird when suddenly the boat stops swaying from the waves and is completely still.

*Beep Boop* Need to adjust the sails so that the wind can carry us to the right direction, since the rudder is useless while floating.

I should get that customized… or do a quick addition with a few planks and nails.

 

I’m glad that the passage is big enough for a quite a few ships to go together.

No need to aim that hard…

Glancing down I notice the ever-increasing ferocity of the currents below.

*Whistle* I’m so glad that I trained so hard to fly. It made this part hell of a lot easier.

 

No need to struggle so much navigating those currents.

Just chill and let the wind blow you on your merry way.

I’m perhaps the only one who has it so easy when getting to this point.

 

I suddenly have a mad idea…

Should I someday try… Walking on water…?

Could I do that?

Well it sounds easier than flying, that’s for sure.

 

Well I’ll try it out if I remember next time when I’m on calm waters

I’ve finally made it to the passage.

Now to gently remove the willpower from the Float.

Bit by bit. So that I don’t fall too hard on the amazingly fast current.

 

*Splash* “Whoa!” The sudden increase in velocity almost took me off my feet.

This speed is ridiculous! How is it going so fast!

No wonder this current can carry even the biggest ships with it.

This speed feels amazing! I’ve just passed some clouds!

 

… Wait… Is this going to slow down at all at the top?

It will, right? No one said anything about there being problems as long as you get to the passage.

I guess I’m just a bit too anxious about flying of the mountain.

Ah, I can see top… And it isn’t slowing down…

 

“FUUUUUUCK!!!!” *Splash!*

I’m in the air!? Am I going to fly off the damn mountain!?

No? Huh… the momentum stopped.

*Splash* And back down we are. Ugh, that was scary.

 

Looks like when all the 4 currents hit at the top the combined momentum hits and shifts upwards.

That is why my ship and I went flying.

Will even the bigger ships need to do such a flight when they come here?

 

Well we landed safely on the downward current.

I’m heading back to the Hell I ran away from.

Soon I can see it.

The Grand Line…

 

I stare before me as clouds finally pass by.

I can finally see the blue of the sea at the end.

I see the twin capes that is the starting point.

I see… Is that… a fucking whale?

 

I blink in surprise and rub my eyes.

Yes. That is a whale… a really fucking huge whale!

The damn thing has scars all over and it has a ugly ass jolly roger painted on it’s mug.

 

Shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!

I need to slow down or I will hit it!

*Beep Beep Boop Bap* I try to slow down the ship and adjust the sails so that wind from the descend slows us down.

It seems to be working. We are getting slower but the current is still pushing us forwards.

 

… If I’m seeing it right… There is a gap near the left cape.

All right! Some hope of survival. The current isn’t letting me maneuver properly.

Come on, come on. Almost there.

Don’t you fucking move you damn whale or I’m going to crash.

 

YES! I DID IT! I DIDN’T CRASH!

AND WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS GODDAMN WHALE!?

ISN’T THIS LIKE, REALLY IMPORTANT!?

 

I notice another ship parked next to the left cape.

A caravel with a sheep head sporting a jolly roger with a straw hat.

A pirate ship? Really? That small?

And why does the jolly roger look familiar…?

 

Wait… Is that the jolly roger that is supposed to be on the whale’s mug?

Are these the fuckers who parked their fucking whale right in front of the entrance to the Grand Line!?

I doubt that that small pirate ship can stop me so I will just give them and their whale a piece of my mind.

I steer my ship to the cape and a bit away from the pirate ship for an easy getaway.

 

… I can see the guy with a straw hat putting away his paint and a giant brush…

Are you seriously telling me that it was freshly painted?

Never mind. I’m still going to yell at him and the damn whale.

I boost my voice as I yell so that even the whale can hear me.

 

“Hey! You with the straw hat!”

The guy and some others turn towards me in surprise and confusion.

“What is the big deal with leaving your whale blocking the entrance to the Grand Line?!”

“I almost crashed into it, for crying out loud!”

 

“And you whale!” The whale turns its eye towards me.

“There is plenty of space on either side of the entrance!”

“No need to stay there and block everyone who wants to go through!”

“You’re going to sink every ship that wants to go through if you are just going to laze around there!”

 

“BWUOOOOOOO!” Translation: “But I’m waiting for my friends!”

“You are waiting for your friends?”

“You are going to crush your friends if you stay there, you dimwit!”

“They are going to crash and sink if you don’t move out of the damn way!”

 

“Oh no! Is it good if I go to the side?” “BWU! BWUOOO?”

“Just get over here and watch out for my ship! I don’t want to get crushed right after not crashing into you!”

“Okay. I’ll be careful and not hit you and my new friends.” “BWO. BWOUOOO.”

“New friends? You mean these guys?” I point at the straw hat guy and rest of the pirates who are looking at us.

 

“Yes. They told me to stop hitting the mountain and wait for them to come back.” “BWO. BWUUOOOO.”

“Why on earth were you hitting the damn mountain?”

“Hey! Are you able to speak to the whale!?” The kid with a straw hat came bouncing.

“Shush, kid. I’m talking to the whale.” I push the kid off my face while he was going all “Awesomee~!”.

 

Oh for the love of, this bouncy kid is a headache.

“My friends are on the other side. The flowerman Crocus says that they aren’t coming back but I don’t believe him!” “BWUOH. BWUOOOHH!”

“… Are you an idiot?” I look at the stupid whale in disbelief.

“What?” “BWUH?”

 

“Hitting your head against a huge stone wall isn’t going to help you meet your friends, now is it?”

“There are many ways to go to the Blue Seas and considering your size and… prowess?" I look at the numerous deep scars.

"If those scars are anything to show about it, then you shouldn’t have any trouble getting to your friends without bashing your head in.”

“Really?” “BWOH?” The whale blinks at me.

 

“But I was told that I was too weak to be with them.” “BWUUUHH.”

“Too weak? You? When was that?” I look at the hulking mass of battle-scarred flesh in wonder.

“I don’t know. I remember that flowerman Crocus wasn’t that much smaller than me.” “BWOH. BWOUOUO.”

“NO WONDER THEN! HOW GODDAMN LONG AGO WAS THAT!?”

 

“Listen here you big idiot. If your new friends won’t make it back, then just go visit them.”

“Hey! We won’t die! I need to settle the score next time!” The bouncy kid starts yelling complaints at me.

“Just ask that flowerguy for advice when the time comes… Is he still alive?” I glance around the cape.

“Yea, the flower gramps is right there!” The straw hat kid starts yelling and shaking me.

 

“I get it, I get it! Now get OFF!” I throw the kid off my ship with a spin.

“Now then where was I… Ah yes. Hey old man! When the whale comes to you and does three short cries in succession then tell him all the ways you know how to get to the Blues.”

“If Laboon is willing to listen the I have no problems.” The old man with a flower growing off his head nods.

“Laboon? Ah yes, it’s name. And as for you Laboon. If his advice isn’t helping, then go to the fishman island and ask them for help.”

 

“Yes. Thank you.” “BWO. BWOH.”

Laboon starts happily splashing its tail.

Urgh, what a pain. Didn’t anyone seriously tell this guy anything and just left him here bashing his head.

 

“Hey you, fluffy animal guy!” The kid jumps back on to my ship.

“My name is Luffy. Join my crew!”

 

Hello World!

I'm hanging off the cliff here! And so are you! WAHAHAHAAA!

Well anyways our beloved MC who has learned the bad habbit of cursing when stressed from Sai has entered the Grand Line and met up with a group of lovable misfits! What ever shall this encounter spring forth!? ... Well I don't know...

Don't really have anything new to update you with. Still feeling low, low, low, low, low, looooow~

Happy readings to the Imperium of Man!

7