Chapter 13: Unfortunate Weather
177 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Rumble Rumble* Lightning keeps flashing like it’s trying to blind me.

The rain is so heavy that I can barely see where I’m going.

The waves are getting higher and higher.

It’s as if the ocean itself is trying to sink me.

 

I’m not able to steer properly in this crazy weather.

I’m not even able to check the Log Pose properly, because the lightning keeps blinding me.

The weather is too much for me to do anything, but to just try to outlast the storm.

Using my abilities will only make things worse.

 

I was told that every time you leave the vicinity of the Red Line, the weather will become highly abnormal.

This is supposedly because of the two climates clashing.

The Red Line that always has stable weather and the Grand Line that has abnormal weather.

It seems that it is mostly a matter of luck, what kind of weather you will experience.

 

And from the looks of it… The luck isn’t on my side.

*Rumble Rumble Rum…* Or… Not?

It’s… sunny? I blink a few times in astonishment.

That was a way too fast of a change…

 

It has calmed down…

Let’s check the damages. I truly hope that everything is still intact.

As I go out to the deck, the heat from the sun starts to finally set in…

IT’S SO DAMN HOT!! TOO DAMN HOT!! I’M GOING TO MELT!!

 

I race quickly to the cargo hold to check the damages and hide from the scorching heat that the sun is blasting down on me.

I think I will just stay here for a while and calmly wait for the heat to go down.

For now, everything seems to be alright… apart from some of the items been thrown every which way.

I guess I’ll tidy things up and take it slow.

 

- A Bit Of Tidying Up Later -

 

I plop down on a pile of rope and take a break.

Urgh… The heat… I can feel it even down here…

This is so tiring… Maybe I should take a short nap…

Yeah… that would be for the best… zzzzzzz…

 

-  After Some Sleeping Later -

 

Cold… Did I fall a sleep in the mountains again…?

I groggily open my eyes. Wait…

I’m in the cargo hold…? And it’s cold?

And it’s getting colder… Oh no… how long have I’ve been sleeping…?

 

I try to get up but suddenly the boat starts to sway violently, and I tumble back down.

I hit my head on one of the boxes and get tangled in the ropes.

Dammit… Everything is getting blurry…

I’m… passing… out…

 

- 3rd Person Perspective -

 

“Yaaawwwwnnn… Ah, that was a nice nap.”

“Hm? Hey, come on now. I know the weather’s nice and warm but don’t you think you’re being a bit too lazy?”

Says the green haired swordsman as he sees his fellow crewmates sprawled on the deck.

“Are you sure we’re going the right way?” He asks the orange haired navigator.

 

‘You son of a…!’ The crew unanimously curse the bastard in their minds for having the gall to ask that after sleeping through the biggest storm of theirs lives.

“!? And why’re you two on our ship?”

He asks while looking at the duo of a man wearing a fake crown and a blue haired girl with swirly patterned clothes.

 

“You noticed now!?” Shouts the man.

“We’re headed towards their town right now.” Says the straw hat wearing ship’s captain, who is calmly sitting on the railing of the upper deck.

“What, so we’re giving them a ride? It’s not like we’re obligated to or anything.” The swordsman questions his captain for the obviously unnecessary trouble.

“I know.” The captain simply replies and leaves it at that.

 

 The swordsman goes back to the duo and starts to scrutinize them.

“Hmm… There’s something sinister about your faces…”

“What did you say your names were again…?”

“M… Mr. 9…” “And I’m Miss Wednesday…” The duo replies while feeling uncomfortable.

 

“Right… Something about those names have been bugging me ever since I heard ‘em…”

“!?” The duo suddenly became alarmed.

“I feel like I’ve heard it before… or not… Well, in any casE-“ *BAM!* “!!!”

 

The navigator suddenly hits the swordsman in the head.

“DID YOU HAVE A NICE NAP!? YOU WOULDN’T WAKE UP NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRIED…!”

The navigator looks at the swordsman as if she would kill him on the spot.

“Huh?” The stupefied swordsman looks angrily back at the navigator who had hit him out of nowhere.

 

Only to gain another three hard hits on the head.

“Don’t let your guards down, everyone!” The navigator shouts to the crew.

“You can never expect what might happen out here!”

*THUNK* ””…”” Everyone falls deathly silent as they look for the source of the sound.

 

A familiar looking ship, with a coloring that blends to the ocean surface and makes it looks like a white cloud traveling on top of the ocean, bumps to their ship.

“H-hey. W-where did that s-ship come from…?” The sniper with a long nose asks in a quivering voice.

“There doesn’t look to be anybody… but it does look familiar.” The navigator says while glancing at the ship in suspicion.

“I-is it a g-ghost ship!?” The sniper shrieks.

 

“Ghost ship!?” The captain shouts in joy and jumps on the deck of the eerily silent ship.

The captain starts running around the ship while shouting in excitement.

*THUNK* “Urgh…” Suddenly a sound of something heavy falling and a groan can be heard below the deck.

“IT’S A GHOST!!!!” The sniper shrieks and almost passes out in panic.

 

The captain opens the cargo hold and sees a figure tangled in ropes.

“FLUFFY ANIMAL GUY!?” The captain shouts in joy and surprise.

““WHAT!?”” “Who?” The crew shouts in surprise while the swordsman is left puzzled about this ‘fluffy animal guy’.

 

- Back To MC –

 

“FLUFFY ANIMAL GUY!?” The loud shout is ringing in my head.

“Urgh…” Who is shouting…? Dammit…

Argh my head… it fucking hurts…

I open my eyes with some difficulty…

 

And see the fucking brat grinning in front of me…

“What…? Why…?” I utter weakly and see his grin widen.

OH, FUCK NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! GOD NO!

WHY IS HE HERE!?

 

“Shishishi” The brat starts to laugh and grabs me.

He uses the ropes that I’ve been entangled with and ties me up and brings me to their ship.

“Guys, tie the ships together! We have a new crewmember!”

“NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

 

Hello World!

I was really busy this week! But I'm back and with VIGOR! Well... kinda.

So I started writing the chapter and since I needed to use some material from the original story, the chapter got longer than I expected. And so! I split it into two! And this is the first half. I'll put up the next one tomorrow.

I hope you are all feeling funky? Happy? Feel Good Inc? Anything positive that isn't negative if positive? I'm thinking about opening up the Terraria server tomorrow and play with people. Hopefully all goes well. I'll put a forum post in SH & NU forums with more details on how to get in. Hopefully my potato can handle the stress.

That would be all for me today. Happy readings everybody!

 

9