Chapter 14: Not Drunk Enough For This
178 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You are now part of the crew.” The smug faced bastard says to me.

“Never.” I growl back at the kid.

“You will stay tied up until you join!”

The kid just keeps grinning at me.

 

I really want to punch that damn smirk of his face.

“Is this how you pirates recruit people? Threats?” I glare at the group.

“He held my swords as hostage…” The green haired swordsman, who I’ve seen for the first time, says with a grimace while massaging the numerous bumps on his head.

“Refused my refusal…” The idiot blondie says with a grin while being sprawled on the ground.

 

“They beat us up and are now giving us a ride home…” The weirdo with a crown says grumpily.

… What is with this group of madmen? I need to get out of here.

Suddenly the orange haired girl from before comes to the middle of the deck.

“I finally understand just how terrifying this ocean truly is, as well as why they call it the ‘Grand Line’!”

 

“I understand because all of my navigation skills have failed to work!”

“Uhh… Are we going to be fine?” The long nose asks while looking at the crew that is sprawled out on the deck.

I guess they also had quite the fierce battle with the storm.

This certainly doesn’t boost my confidence on them…

 

“We’ll be fine! Things will work out one way or another. And as a proof of that, look…!”

“The first leg of our journey, is over.”

The mist in the distance starts to clear up and giant shapes start to emerge.

“It’s an island! I see giant cacti!” The bastard shouts in excitement while the crew starts to gather to watch the sight.

 

“So this is Whiskey Peak!” The bastard kid jumps on the sheep figure head.

“Thank god we’ve arrived alive!” The crowned weirdo shouts in elation.

*Thunk Thunk* “Now then, we ask you please drop us off here!”

Suddenly the weirdo duo jumps on the railing.

 

“Thank you for taking us here, my honeys! If fate wills it, then let us meet again!” The blue haired girl says.

“Bye bye baby!” The duo jumps off and disappear into the water.

“Huh? They’re gone…” The crew watches in wonder.

Now is my time to try and slip away…

 

Life Return: Gods Hands

I create myself some extra hands using my hair and try to untie myself…

… What kind of a knot did that brat make!

… It is so hard to remove!

 

Does the kid even know how to tie a knot!

This looks like he did whatever he thought might work!

AND IT IS FUCKING WORKING!

 

… Finally got my legs free…

I’ll leave two hands for freeing the rest of my body while I work to free my ship…

Dammit! While I’ve been struggling, the ships have entered a river!

Now it will be harder to escape!

 

“Hey! What are you doing?” Arms stretch towards me.

Shit! The rubber bastard spotted me!

I almost got my ship free!

Just one more damn rope!

 

I dodge to the side and rush towards the rubber bastard that is still sitting on the figure head.

Need to take him down before I can escape!

I boost myself into the air and prepare to attack.

 

I try to drop kick him like last time but stop at the sudden cheering coming from the island.

“Welcome! To the Town of Welcoming, Whiskey Peak!”

“Pirates! Welcome to our town! Welcome to the Grand Line!”

… What the hell is going on!?

 

-

 

These idiots are too exited over the warm welcome and the cheers of the people to notice that this is obviously a trap.

Only my legs are free and my ship is still stuck in theirs.

There are too many people and they are definitely plotting something so I’m not able to escape unless I leave my ship behind and fly away.

I need to find a good timing to escape.

 

“Hey fluffy animal guy! We are having a party!” The bastard comes bouncing towards me happily while I scowl at him.

“You go and have your damn party! Just leave me alone!”

“Nope! You are now part of the crew, so you are coming with us!”

“I’M NOT JOINING YOUR DAMN CREW!”

 

The bastard slings me over his shoulder and starts following the townsfolk.

“PARTY, PARTY, PARTY! Shishishi!”

“LET ME GO, YOU BASTARD!”

 

-

 

“You are too grumpy! Eat and drink! It will make you feel better!”

The brat forcefully opens my mouth and shoves food into it.

“MRGH! MMM! MRRR!!” I struggle in vain as I’m being force fed with food and alcohol.

Life Return. Urgh, I’ll use this as fuel to boost my energy for my escape.

 

“Wow! You can eat almost as much as Luffy!”

The long nose who has been telling taller tales than his nose suddenly speaks to me in amazement.

“Y-you were also able to b-beat Luffy back at the Twin Capes.”

He starts to tremble probably from the memory of me throwing the idiot to the sea.

 

“He beat Luffy? Who are you?”

Suddenly the swordsman speaks up and looks at me in interest.

Suddenly all attention is on me.

Dammit.

 

I gulp down the food and take a breath of air.

“Urgh. I bet I can eat and drink more than all of you combined.”

“Heh. That sounds like a challenge.” The swordsman grins at my provocation.

“Yay, an eating competition!” The brat chimes in without even stopping his hands that keep grabbing people’s foods and drinks.

 

“S-so, what’s your name? I-I’m the Great Captain Usopp!”

“… Dravde. An adventurer.” I look at Usopp who was posing high and mightily.

I’m really not in the mood for theatrics.

Especially since I’m still tied up and not drunk enough for these madmen.

 

“I see! So you are called Dravde! I’m…”

“Let me guess. You are Luffy. And you are the actual captain.” I interrupt the bastard.

“WOW! How did you know!”

“… I’m just amazing.” The sparkle in the idiot’s eyes are getting more and more intense as he keeps shouting about how amazing I am.

 

“I’m Nami. The navigator of this hopeless bunch.”

The orange haired girl says while downing another mug of alcohol.

“Sanji, the cook.” The idiot blondie quickly chimes in before bringing all his attention towards the women surrounding him.

“Ignore the curly over there. Name’s Zoro. I’d like to take you up on that drinking challenge.”

 

Zoro, the green haired swordsman, puts a bottle in front of me and stares me down.

… I look at the bottle… To party, or not to party?

I grin. “Just what I needed.”

I’m not drunk enough to deal with this so this will do nicely.

 

And then when I wanted to take the bottle I frown and look at my bound body.

Zoro notices my situation and quickly cuts me loose.

“Thanks.” I grin and take the bottle.

 

This is a perfect chance to charge up my energy and figure out how to escape.

I’ll use Life Return to not make me pass out from the alcohol.

“Don’t forget about our eating competition!”

The idiot says as he also puts a plate of food in front of me while also taking some of it.

 

And so, I partied with everyone until we all passed out.

Too busy competing to remember that the people here were suspicious.

Too busy to remember that alcohol shouldn’t make me fall asleep.

Not that it would matter later when I woke up.

 

Hello World!

Here we are! The promised chapter!

Yes indeed. Our little MC has passed out because of the drugged food. He competed with Zoro and Luffy so hard that he won't be waking up in a while. So... What does that mean? He will miss all the fighting and is left passed out, forgotten, in the commotion! We will continue from when he wakes up! My next weeks schedule is somewhat unknown, so I don't know when the next chapter will come.

I'm happy to hear that people are enjoying this in the comments! At first I didn't really have any intentions of MC having much relations with the Straw Hats and him having mostly his own adventure. BUT! As I kept getting inspired by one things after another, we have now come to this point! I'm going to mix him into some of the main story more often. He has a much faster boat, made by Franky, after all. So why wouldn't he be able to just go to more places than normal crews could?

Happy readings everybody!

7