Chapter 15: Unexpected Meeting
209 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nami and Zoro fight off the bounty hunters that are trying to capture them while rest were drugged to sleep.

They succeed in beating up the bounty hunters led by the agents of Baroque Works, Mr. 8 & Mr. 9 with their respective partners Miss Monday & Miss Wednesday.

But suddenly Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine arrive in front of the beaten agents and informs them that the Boss’ secret has been leaked and they are here to find the spies.

 

Suddenly Mr. 8 attacks Mr. 5 and shouts for Miss Wednesday to run away only to be blown away by Mr. 5.

Mr. 5 reveals the spies identities to be Igaram the Head of Alabasta Kingdom’s Royal Guards and the princess of Alabasta Nefertari Vivi.

Mr. 9 and Miss Monday decide to protect Igaram and Vivi, because of their camaraderie over the two years that they’ve known.

 

Vivi calls for her friend/mount, Carue, and speed away while Mr. 9 and Miss Monday try to distract the Mr.5 pair.

Meanwhile Igaram is begging for Zoro and Nami to save princess Vivi, while Nami is trying to extort a billion Beri out of him.

Nami leaves the princess’ rescue to Zoro while she inquires about the objective of the Baroque Works.

 

Zoro saves Vivi just in time from an attack from Mr. 5 only to be met with his now angered captain.

Luffy had woken up just before Zoro headed to save Vivi and noticed the horrid state of the previously lively town and got to know that it was all Zoro’s doing from a nearby beaten up bounty hunter.

Angered by the revelation that Zoro had beaten the ‘kind’ people who ‘kindly’ fed them and even destroyed the town, he chose to confront Zoro in a battle of life and death.

 

Zoro’s words of explanation fall to deaf ears as his captain is as dense as rubber that he is made out of.

Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine try to take advantage of the situation and to kill princess Vivi, only to be beaten down for getting in the way of the fight.

Before Zoro and Luffy could continue fighting, Nami suddenly appears and beats them to the ground.

 

Nami tries to bargain with princess Vivi only to be refused. Vivi tells the group that it would be too dangerous and that se wouldn’t want to involve them in such matters.

Luffy asks who the Boss of the Baroque Works is, but Vivi warns that she won’t tell and that if they knew the would be hunted down as well.

Nami jokingly says that that person must be really dangerous only for Vivi to agree and accidentally saying that they wouldn’t be a match to Crocodile, one of the Sever Warlords.

 

Nami and Vivi, horrified by the slip of the tongue, while Zoro and Luffy don’t care notice a sudden arrival of an otter and a vulture.

Nami in panic tries to leave and escape, only to be confronted by the otter who shows her the just drawn portraits of her, Zoro and Luffy.

Realizing that she can’t escape she turns to cry in the corner while Luffy and Zoro are happy being in a hit list.

 

Igaram in a disguise appears and tells them that he will act as a decoy while they bring princess Vivi back.

After the farewells and looking at the departing ship, the crew turns back to leave and hear a deafening explosion from behind them.

As they turn back, they see the ocean in flames. With no time to mourn, the crew with newfound determination hurry to leave the island.

 

Zoro goes ahead to the ship while Luffy goes to grab the others who are still asleep.

Unable to find Dravde, Luffy quickly grabs Sanji by the leg and Usopp by the nose and hurries back to the ships.

Both of them wake up to the pain of being dragged along the ground, only to be beaten back to unconsciousness by the debris that is littering the way.

 

As everyone arrives to the ships Vivi and Luffy start making a commotion about not finding Carue and Dravde.

Suddenly Zoro speaks up and they all notice Carue, who is carrying the still sleeping Dravde, next to Zoro on the back of the Going Merry.

The Straw Hats hurriedly set sail while leaving Dravde sleeping on at the back of the ship.

 

As they are leaving along the river a sudden intruder makes her presence known on the ship. Miss All-Sunday, the Vice President of Baroque Works.

She explains how she just ‘met’ Mr. 8 and that she was the one who purposely let Igaram and Vivi tail her. As the crew prepares for combat, she disarms them and takes Luffy’s straw hat.

After playing with the hat a bit and warning about their next destination she tosses it back while also tossing an Eternal Pose to Alabasta. Luffy breaks the Eternal Pose and argues that she won’t decide the path of their journey.

In the silence of that declaration the people on the ship hear a sudden groan from the back.

 

- Finally Back To MC -

 

What’s with all the noise…

I’m just trying to sleep here…

I should tell them to shut up…

“Urgh…” I groan as I raise my body.

 

Why am I sleeping on the floor? Whatever…

I sleepily walk towards were the sound came from.

I flop on the railing. Next to me, on top of the railing, sits someone with purple clothes and a cowboy hat.

“Can you guys… shut up…” *Yawn* “I’m trying to sleep…”

 

“And can I get… something to drink? I’m thirsty…”

I say to the now satisfyingly silent group.

“… Well… Please, give this gentleman a drink.”

The mysterious cowgirl says and Sanji rushes into the kitchen and comes with a glass of orange juice.

 

“Thank you.” I nod as I take the orange juice and start sipping it through the straw.

Suddenly a hand rests on top of my head and starts to slowly pat me.

“Comfy…” I smile as I sip the orange juice and feel like sleeping again.

“Looks nice…” The rubber idiot and Sanji looks at me enviously while the rest are, for some reason, looking this way in horror.

 

*Giggle* “After all Big Sister knows Little Brother the best.” The cowgirl says with a slight smile.

“I’m sorry… *yawn* not adopting.” I reply reflexively.

*Giggle* “But what if I am?” She replies with a somewhat familiar teasing tone.

“I’m sorry… we should first… get married... We can’t… go adopting children… before we try… to make our own.” I say groggily while remembering that this feels familiar.

 

“Hehehe!” The cowgirl suddenly starts laughing.

“You haven’t changed at all, Little Don.” She says while smiling at me.

“Little Don? Isn’t his name Dravde?” Suddenly the rubber idiot asks.

I wake up a bit from those statements.

 

“Wait… Only people who call me by that are from Kano or have only met me in Kano.”

“Those bastards probably don’t even remember my name.”

I stop sipping my juice and look at the cowgirl sitting next to me.

“Are you that weird Big Sister from years ago? But I only remember you doing those mysterious giggles?”

 

“… Yes, it’s me... It has truly been a long time since I actually laughed…” The Big Sister says with a sad face.

I raise my flopped over body and sit next to her on the railing.

I take her hat and pat her head for a bit.

“Feel better?” I ask as I put her hat back on her head.

 

“Surprisingly… Yes.” She looks back at me with a small smile.

“You know, Little Don. I’d like to ask you.”

“Why is the infamous, Little Don the mysterious ruler of Kano Country’s Underworld, here on this ship?”

“R-ruler of the u-underworld!” Usopp shrieks to the revelation.

 

“Hey, now. I’ve done nothing illegal. I guarantee that I have the Kings permission for all my ‘activities’.”

“The King! The Ruler of the Underworld!” Nami’s eyes turn to Beri symbols.

I have a bad feeling about this…

It would be better for me to stay away from her.

 

“And… Urgh… Well… I kinda got kidnapped by these madmen…”

“Kidnapped?” She looks at me in amusement.

“Don’t ask…” I grimace at the memories of how I ended up in this situation.

“But what about you? I didn’t see you when I got captured?”

 

This time it was my turn to question her unnatural presence on this ship.

“Well I came here to give them some advice.”

“But it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.”

She says while taking a quick glance at the others.

 

“Hey! We aren’t deaf!” The rubber idiot shouts while glaring at her.

“Oh, I know your pain all too well…” I massage my temple as I feel a headache setting in.

“You know what? Shall we leave? This would be a good time as any for me to finally escape.”

“Yes. That would be the best.”

 

I go to the last rope that is still holding my ship and remove it.

“Hopefully we won’t meet again!” I give a theatrical bow and jump back to my ship.

“Hey! Why are you leaving! I told you that you are now part of the crew!”

The rubber idiot runs to the railing and shouts, but I ignore him and start moving my ship away.

 

“Let us meet again soon if you survive.” Big Sister says to the Straw Hats.

“I don’t wanna!” The rubber idiot shouts angrily.

Big Sister jumps on a big turtle with a chair on its back.

“Let’s go, Bunchi.” The turtle starts to swim away.

 

“Whoa, it’s a turtle!”

Does that loudmouth ever shut up?

I sail next to the turtle and go to the deck.

“Any idea about how I would not end up in the same island as that bunch of misfits?”

 

“My ships Log Pose has already attuned to the next island from Whiskey Peak.”

“… Here.” She throws me another Log Pose.

“It is an Eternal Pose for another starter island.”

“Thank you, Big Sister!” I happily receive the Eternal Pose and give her a wide smile.

 

*Giggle* “You truly haven’t changed. It would be nice if we met again.”

“Yes. It’s always comfortable being with you.”

“You are saying that because I keep petting you.”

“Well obviously. It just feels so damn good.”

 

We say our goodbyes as I change my destination and sail away.

Finally. Time to continue my adventure!

 

Hello World!

I'm in a bad mood. I'm grumpy and tired.

My plan for a Terraria server failed. I seemingly had reset my router some time ago and didn't redo some of the Port settings. Then I tried to find the router manual where I keep the login&password, for only the realize that I have no idea where it is. I really didn't feel like reseting the router so I got mad.

I started wenting my anger by writing this until it was 5 in the morning. Slept very little and now here we have a chapter for you and I feel like shit and don't wanna do anything. We'll see when I will feel better to write again. Btw the Ruler of the Underworld title came from rumours that the citizen spread for fun and from his 'money gathering activities' while doing spy stuff and how he basicly can command the people in the slums to do his bidding.

Happy readings!

 

 

7