Arc: 3 [Chapter 3]
253 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I think we should be open for suggestion, you know... add a little extra factor in the bedroom." I raise and lower my eyebrows repeatedly at Daisie beside me.

She looks at me with an annoyed expression, "I said... let it go, I'm not about to share you with someone else."

"Come on, I bet you get around with a lot of people since you're Aphrodite's candidate. Preacher of love and intercourse and all that jazz."

Daisie stares at the distance, "Well...there are a few flings that almost become serious, but most of them are meaningless pleasures."

I looked at her, surprised by her statement, "Wait?! What! You know, I was just joking around...I didn't know you actually..."

"What?...you asked...and I didn't want to lie. I-I didn't know whether we are going to meet again...I know I should have kept it a secret." Daisie pouts her lips as she looks at me with guilty eyes.

I bring my arm around her shoulders and pull her closer, "I'm not mad. I know well that it would be torturous for you to wait for me, so don't fret about it."

Her pursed lips disappear and a smile appears, she snuggles closer to me as we walk, "I love your smell."

"Smell? Stop sniffing me, people are looking at us," My cheeks blush as people stare at us while Daisie is sniffing my scent very loudly.

"Well you started it, and I don't care about those people."

"I guess, I deserved it. I hope, I don't have a bad smell."

"You don't, believe me."

I let out a sigh while my cheeks are still bright red, "So how many flings you had?"

"I don't think I should tell you. You might..."

"What? I can handle it, I'm a grown woman besides I'm not going to be jealous or mad or anything."

She raised ten of her fingers.

"Ten?"

"Times by three..."

I stand still while my head recoils back a bit, stunned by her. I look down at her with both eyes widen, and perk up eyebrows, "30? Really?!"

"Yeah..."

I shake my head in disbelief while trying to get back to reality, "And you called me a Nympho?"

"At least it's not thousands like Sister Desiree. You might want to be careful when you meet her, don't get sucked by her charm, okay?"

"Sure, I'll try but I won't promise you anything."

A half grin appears on my face, and she pinches my belly in response, "Ouch, Fine, I only have eyes for you, unlike a certain someone."

Her lips pout with a sadden looks, "I'm only joking, don't make those puppy eyes," she let out a smile, then snuggle her head closer to me and we continue our walk.

"So, sisters... sound like you have quite an interesting family here."

"They have been with me since the beginning, supporting me, teaching me, provide for me and many more. I love each one of them even with all their weird quirks."

"How many sisters do you have?"

"There are eleven of them, our oldest is Kadence, she’s the leader."

"I think I've seen her before, the blond, half-shaved hair, right? I don't think she likes me."

"Yeah, she just being overprotective of me, she doesn't want to see me get hurt like...hmm, I shouldn't talk about her past."

"Aah, so who are the others?"

"There Yunyu, she’s the fun-loving one, the opposite of Kadence. Then there is Monique, she doesn't talk much. Dahlia, the emo one, no matter what she always in a somber mood. The one who always hugs me is, Maddison, the big softie, her bicep is the size of your head, she much more muscular than you. Our favorite Tsundere, Morgan, she has a special gift to make crystallize pink dagger out of thin air, a gift given by Aphrodite."

"The one that I just listed are Huntress, like you, they hunt the Darkness while Priestess look after Aphrodite's world."

"Ooo, so...can they choose to be a Huntress or Priestess?"

"Sure, but usually the oldest become the Huntress because they are much more experienced and well trained."

"Understood, please continue, Milady."

"So, continue on, there is Greta, the mysterious one who always smile, no one really know anything about her and she doesn't talk about herself that much. After that, Ashly the optimistic one, she always funs to hang out with. She is like a hippie if I were to describe her. Of course, Desiree, the nymphomaniac...avoid her, please. The party and food animal, Carmen, hehe, always a delight. Lastly, Wendy, she always helps me with my cooking and always there for me when I needed her."

That bright and happy smile on her face while she told me about her family, I can tell that she is happy here even without me. Her sisters did a good job looking after her, and she really looks up to them. However, there is also an underline fear in me, I don't want to be the one who hurt her and I will not let anyone hurt her, not anymore.

The reason I won't let anyone hurt her is simply "I love you," I whispered to her.

For the first time, my confession caught her off guard and her cheeks blush bright red, then she tries to hide her fluster face by pressing it against my bicep. "Don't look at me! It's not fair, I wasn't prepared for that."

"Your blushed face is so cute, I can't look away, even if I can, I won't. It's too cute."

"Enough about me, what about you? Any new friend? Like the harpy?"

"He's more than that, he is like a little brother. I also have a new big sister, her name is Helen. I'm lucky to have them."

"You know the past you and I never had any siblings, it's a weird feeling when we have one or several at once."

"I don't know about that feeling... but, still it makes the whole world a lot less lonely by having a family."

"Family... Someday, I would like to have one of my own." She muttered to herself.

"Hmm?" I didn't quite catch what she said.

Daisie gazes at the sky while still hugging my arm, and with a smile, she says, "Do you notice that things seem to get better every day?"

I join in with her gaze, the sky is pink, quite abnormal but I’m loving it, "It does get better."

"I hope it stays that way."

As we near the plaza, I realize that the residents of the town had formed a line heading toward the fountain. When we get closer to the fountain, I notice Agnes has set up a shop with a sign that says,

'1 food = 1 cuddle.’

Peoples are bringing their food and place it on the large fabric to get a chance to cuddle with the adorable harpy. I'm thoroughly confused by what he is doing. However, he does seem happy, so I don't think he is in that much trouble.

"Isn't that your little brother? Can you introduce me to him?"

"It is, but he seems busy, perhaps some other times."

"Well, let us continue."

Daisie and I continue walking until we arrive at a very large building, a pantheon. We climb up the short steps and enter one of the archways. I couldn't believe what I see before me, multiple rows of clothing that stretch from the front of the room to the end of the room. The articles of clothing look similar to the one that the residents wear. To put it simply, it's like a giant boutique in here

Despite the large room and thousands of clothing, I could only see ten or fifteen people here, browsing the selection.

Daisie grabs hold of my hand and pulls me deeper inside of the room, "Come on, let's try some clothes."

As Daisie drag me away, she grabs some clothes and we head to the dressing room. Then she pours the clothes onto my arms and pushes me in. I let out a sigh and try the clothes she had picked.

I come out with a deadpan look, "Really? I look like a belly dancer, this clothes barely cover anything, and the thong is digging in."

She let out an excited squeal that draws the attention of others, "I love it, it show your really defined body, muscle and all. You look so sexy right now, I could tear those clothes and make love to you right here."

"Woah calm down, I know I look good, but I can't fight in this."

"Of course, you can’t, but it has other purposes, maybe, perhaps in the bedroom?" She licks her lips while she eyes me up and down like a predator.

I blush and look away, "Next...please."

"Fine, here." She tosses another article of clothing onto me.

I went in and come out with a sigh, "A dress?"

I look down at my body and pursed my lips, "It doesn't look good on me, and my muscular body isn't suited for this kind of outfit."

"What are you talking about? It does, you look classy in that tight purple dress. Rawr."

"Even if it does? What am I going to do with this dress"

"Don't be so negative, look on the opportunity it has. We could go dancing or go on a romantic date or you know..."

I raise my eyebrow at her, "Nympho."

"Weirdo."

"Enough grumbling, here!" She tosses another set of clothes onto me.

I went inside and come out with my palm against my face, "A string bikini?"

"Yes!"

I can feel the bikini digging in my private area as I go back in, sighing and rolling my eyes back. When I come out with my normal clothes, Daisie was nowhere to be seen, so I look around and see her in the distance, talking to someone else. I take the chance and browse the inventory. Afterward, I go back in with my chosen attire.

Never once I thought, I found an exact copy of my earlier clothes, except for the white shirt underneath my Hawaiian shirt replaced by a white sports top. With a confident smile, I come out and show off my clothes.

Daisie walks toward me, "Hmm... I like the belly dancer outfit better, but nevertheless, you look good."

"Thank you...but I don't have any money to pay for this.”

"There's no need, all of it is free."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's how this World work, everything is free, the food, the house, the clothes, and I mean everything."

"Huh, tell me more."

"Sure, on the way back home."

We start walking toward the exit while carrying the other outfits that she had picked.

"Everything in this world is provided by our Goddess, so there is no greed in our world and when there is no greed and everyone is taken care of, there is no crime."

"It can't be that simple, how about crime related to jealousy and envy?"

"Sure, there are a few ruffles here and there, but nothing major. That's why I and the other priestess are here, to resolve and mediate. However, the residents of this world are also taught that love and pleasure is the great uniter and there is nothing about it to be ashamed of."

"Hmmm, can you explain why there are no kids and old people here?"

"Ohh, simple, the residents here don't age and if they wish to start anew, they will be reborn into a new body with no memory of the past."

"Ahh, also what with your neighbor offering intercourse to me? That was off-putting to me when I first got here."

"Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, passion, and procreation. It's an honor for these people to please the goddess or gods or even their disciple like candidates."

"That explains why everyone here is so handsome and beautiful." Daisie glare at me, "Well not as beautiful as you though!"

"Thank you very much for the compliment, my handsome girl," A smug smile appeared on her face.

"Sure, it's not like I was threatened to say it."

Out of nowhere, I ask her, "Do you know anything about The Darkness?"

"All I know is, they are a mindless creature of violence, destruction, and death. They have no thought, unpredictable, only following their instincts of carnage. Their ability to hurt us is what makes them terrifying, no other creature can easily hurt us like them. What worse is their numbers are limitless as they reside far underneath Mount Olympus, deep in oblivion."

"So as a Huntress, I wage war on the Darkness?"

"God no, that would be suicide. Fighting one? Possible, but two? Difficult. However, three at the same time? Impossible. The only one that can keep them at bay is the Gods."

"So what do we do?"

"You and the other’s main duty is to hunt the one that slips through the crack, the one that the god and goddess missed. Easy as that, and yet, it is a very difficult job to do. They can hurt us, Andre, even kill us."

She pulls my arm again and leads me to a bench overlooking a massive purple, open field with a pink sunset in the horizon. I didn't notice that the sun had come down, it's true what they said, time past by, in a blink of an eye when you spent it with someone you love. Anyway, we take a seat on the bench at the same time and she leans against me. Her orange hair brush against my skin.

"Andre...?"

"Yes...?"

"I have a confession."

"Is it a bad one?"

"Depends on you..."

"Will I be shocked?"

"Probably."

I take a deep breath and turn my gaze at her. She reaches under her dress, "I don't want to make the same mistake as the old me did, she waits for a long time and when she got what she wanted, it was too late. I want to be as direct as possible."

She opens the little box in her hands, revealing two rings, "Will you be mine forever?"

I was stunned, to the points of my body frozen in place, but when I regain my senses, I ask her "Isn't we're taking this way too fast... I-I can't even remember who I was, do you really want to do this, what if I'm not the same person as the old me?"

"No one is the same person as they were as they grow up, they changed... Andre, it's bound to happen to me and you and everybody else. However, my love for you doesn't change one bit, and if you feel the same way about me, please accept it."

I let out a sigh and my shoulders droop, "Can you give me time to think about it?"

Her grip tightens over the little box, "I understand, I'm sorry if my proposal came out of nowhere. I just don't want to wait anymore, and with your duty and all."

I glance at the scroll attach to my belt. Daisie let out a sigh as she closes the box again, and gaze at the horizon, "I don't want to lose you again...but I can't stop you from going on a dangerous quest. One day, you might...leave me again, that is why I don't want to make the same mistake as I did in the past of wasting my time waiting."

"Please… can you wait for a little just for me, I know that it’s hardest that you can do, but I can't jump in like this."

She groans playfully, "I know… but don't make me wait too long, okay?"

"I won't."

She raises herself to reach my height, and place a kiss on my cheek then lower herself again. Then lean her shoulder against mine once more, we end our day by watching the sunset with heavy hearts.

"I know, I said it a lot, but I love you, Andre."

"I love you too."

1