Arc: 4 [Chapter 12]
132 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A desolate world greeted us as we went through the portal. I rushed to the cave entrance and found the monster clan slowly settling inside the cave. I glanced around and from afar, I saw the turquoise scarf I gifted him a long time ago, fluttering slightly. I ran toward him, but slow down when he turned toward me and looked at me with no shred of friendliness. He dismissed the monster he was talking to and walked to me with a strong distaste.

“Why are you here?” Agnes asked coldly.

I scratched the back of my neck, thinking of a proper way to ask for his help.

“There’s something I want to request from you. Why in the hell I’m so formal? Hehe...Joke aside, the worlds are in danger, and we, no, I need your help,” Awkwardness and desperation were blatant in my request.

"I can foresee what kind of help you want from me, but let me ask you first, what will happen if I said no? Will my people be kicked out?"

"No! You all are welcome here, this request will not affect your stay whatsoever," Shin spoke out.

"Then I politely decline," Agnes said nonchalantly and turned around to continue his work.

"What? How can you say that?" I said loudly and it caught the attention of Uvoah and Kraus.

"How?” He said sarcastically before turning around with a glare, ”I think you fail to understand that I will not send my people to die in another war that has nothing to do with them, we all have suffered enough.”

"Suffer? The Darkness will not stop until all the worlds including this one are ravage and destroy. Your people will not stand a chance against them. If you don’t help us, then we all are doom."

"So you're saying is that we should only do what you tell us or our life will be in danger? The balls you have, to come here and threaten me and my people?!"

"No! I'm not threatening anyone. I’m just stating the truth."

"I reject your truth, and I decline your request, so leave!" The cave fell into silence after Agnes shouted with anger.

"I know...what I did to you are unforgivable, but don't let that cloud your judgment."

"You don't know anything about the pain you caused me, and I'm not declining your request because of petty reasons. I'm declining because it will not benefit my people whatsoever. Even the worlds are saved, my people will still live in this shitty realm, and it won't improve our situation no matter how many of our people lay down their lives for those you called gods! No offense, Lord Hades." Agnes bowed for forgiveness, but Hades gestured him to raise his head again.

"Agnes, what she said there's truth in it, we can't survive like this," Kraus said as he placed his hand on the Harpy's shoulder.

"I hate to even agree with this buffoon, but she is right. We need to fight when we still have the chance," Uvoah pouted her lips.

"No! I won't do it. That's my final decision, and please respect it," Agnes's eyes were as cold as the snow. Kraus and Uvoah sighed as they watched as Agnes leave this section of the cave.

"Can you give me some space?" I said to Hades and Shin, they both nodded their heads and walked away. I took a long deep breath and followed Agnes.

"Agnes, you gotta believe me, I did it because I can't protect you anymore. I'm only causing you more harm than good," My heart dropped when gaze gravitated to the large scar on his chest.

"I was in pain, confused, scared, and shaken to my very core, but nevertheless, I was hopeful. The thought of you was there gave me some relief, but when I woke up, guess what? You weren't there. You left me, Andre. I needed you, and you weren't there. I'm willing to give you my life, I was there at your side through the good and bad. Even after all of that, how did you repay me?"

"Agnes…" I extended my hand as I walked closer to him.

"You left me! Alone and scared!" He shouted and I stopped myself from getting closer.

"It wasn't the wound on my chest that hurt me, it was you! You shattered my heart into tiny pieces and spat on it like it was nothing. Every single day, I blamed myself, thinking that it was my fault, that it was my weakness that made you leave, but it was you, it was easier for you to leave me rather than take responsibility for what happened."

"I realize that now that you were the problem, not me, so leave all you want because I know now who's my real family, the one who won't abandon me," Agnes turned around then pressed his hand against the familiar's tattoo on his belly before he walked away,

I wanted to apologize, but I know that it isn't enough to repair what had been broken. No matter what I did, it will never be enough. However, no matter what I think, I needed to apologize. To try at least, to try to change his heart.

"I'm sorry, Agnes."

"Your ‘sorry’ means nothing to me."

"I know, but I'm sorry. No matter how much you hate me, I still thought of you as my little brother...I love you," I said what I could, but Agnes still ignored me as he walked until I lost sight of him.

..

.

"Agnes!"

"Please someone! Help me!!"

I pressed my palm against Agnes's bloody cheek, I couldn't tell which one is his blood or Daisie or mine. Tears ran down my own and dripped onto his face. I weighed my forehead against him, and my heart tightened when I could feel the warmth slowly escaped his body.

"I'm here!"

"I'm here…"

"Please don't leave me…." I remembered how scared I was at the thought of losing him

"Please."

"Andre…" He whispered my voice.

"Andre……"

"Andre!" I returned back to reality and turned my attention to the map laid out before me.

"Yes?" I looked up to Odesza, and she had this annoying look on her face.

"Do you understand the plan?" She asked me.

"Can we go through it again? My mind wasn't here."

"Focus, damn it. We are not here to have fun, we are here to stop the inevitable. There are Lives are at stake, and precious time to spare. So we need you to focus!" Odesza slammed the desk.

"I understand."

"Aria, will you please?" Hades sighed and gestured at the dark-skinned woman.

"Our resources are limited. The current numbers of our battle force needed are minimum at best. Our option for head-on combat is suicidal. That is why our only other option left is trickery and tactical," Aria started rearranging the pieces that laid out on the map.

"I propose a plan, that uses distraction and stealth. We know what our target is, this orb right here in the middle of the sea of Darkness." Aria pointed her finger at the single marble on the map.

"With my calculation and the vision I received just before their untimely death, I predicted that the teleportation room that was shattered from Mount Olympus should be floating near the orb itself, but it is probably surrounded by The Darkness. That is why using Lord Hades, Hiro, and Odesza powers we could pull some of the force away from the orb, and gave us the chance to teleport into the room and eliminate our prime target."

"What will happen if we destroy the orb?" I rested my hand against my chin.

"In those visions, Zeus was able to hurt the God Killer, but if you look closely during that time, there was a short moment where the Darkness froze as if their thought process stops entirely. However, the best-case scenario, destroying the orb will destroy God Killer and The Darkness, but what we hope to happen is to snatch away the God Killer's control over the Darkness. With that, It might give us a fighting chance that we truly needed."

"Final question, which group I will be joining?"

"You will be joining Kadence’s group consist of Tadao, Ophre, Arthur, and of course, Kadence," I glanced at Morgan, and what I caught was her deathly glare. She might be still holding a grudge against me. Yet, I can't blame her for it, her behavior is reasonable because of what I did to Daisie.

"Stealth is required for this task, a small scale force should do it. While the bait group consists of Lord Hades, Hiro and Odesza remain close to the newly open portal, the others will act out as backup behind the portal in case of unexpected circumstances should arise and put those three in danger."

"It's a simple diversion tactic, so it should progress smoothly. Based on my calculation, our probability of success is 10 percent out of 100."

"Yay!" Danielle clapped in high spirits.

Everyone turned their heads at the jolly girl with a single eyebrow raised, the girl’s cheeks reddened as she glanced around her with panic.

“Eehhh?! 10 is better than 0.5 right?” Danielle gripped her wooden staff and shrunk down to her seat.

Out of nowhere, Hades laughed, and it was out a place, very out of place. Somehow, the jolly girl broke his calm demeanor, The Lord of the Underworld pressed his hands against his stomach and hunched forward, trying to contain the laughter within. The other candidates including me stared at the god and started smiling and giggling.

“You’re right! It is better than 0.5! HAHAHA, someone gets me some water!”

Danielle rose again from her seat and smiled after her confidence restored. She let out a sigh, glad that no one was annoyed by her optimism. I smiled, but despite the uplifting vibe, my heart still aches as I remember Agnes and the coming battle. I need to focus, there’s no one beside me that can do what the destiny asked of me, whichever choices I pick are going to decide the outcome, and none of them are gonna be a good ending.

I looked around me and noticed that Kadence’s deep gaze directed at Tadao. Sadness and longing dripped out from her gaze, but when Tadao turned his head to look at Kadence, she quickly turned away. I ignored the two of them and looked elsewhere, I could see Arthur’s hand on top of Aria’s, are the two of them a thing? I sighed, it’s not my place to judge, but if they were a couple, they would be a good looking couple. The people smiling, lifted some of the clouds over my heart and make me realize that this battle isn't about me, it's about all of them.

However, I should be grateful, it’s the little things that I want to cherish the most. To have this so many friends and allies around me, even if some of them are unable to attend, I thank you all for everything. 

After the meeting, we suited up for battle, my group mostly wore light armor even Tadao shed his samurai armor in favor of a more nimble and stealthier one. The logic is there, but what I didn't expect was his well-defined body. I had expected him to be bigger, but he is quite slender for someone who wore armor twice his size. However, we are not here to discuss his logic gear, we are here to talk about his muscled toned bod. I mean look at it, you could even trace his muscle over the light armor itself. I smiled when I noticed the same lustful gaze from Kadence toward Tadao. There's totally something between them.

As we gathered together, I took the spot beside Tadao and leaned closer.

"Is there something going on between you and Kadence?" I whispered.

"There was, but it ended with two broken hearts." Tadao took out a single fruit from his satchel and passed it on to me. I gladly took it off his hand.

"Kebukaidesu fruit?" The red hairy fruit fitted perfectly in my hand, it felt smooth and rough at the same time.

"It’s from the banquet earlier, I noticed you didn't manage to get one."

“I always wanted to eat one...Agnes stole my first time eating it.”

“First time?” I could sense the perverted grin behind that samurai mask.

“Ha. Ha.” Sarcasm poured dripped down my laugh.

“I just can't comprehend your thoughts, why should I stay and you go?! Why can’t I fight beside you? Am I such a burden to you? Are you that afraid?” It’s my first time seeing Shin become so mad at his father, no, at anyone. That timid boy just exploded, what in the hell did Lord Zeus said to him?

“Yes...” Hades said without thinking, and Shin looked at his father with shocked eyes.

“No! I mean you’re not a burden, I’m just afraid okay? No father should experience losing his own son and wife,” Hades placed his hands on the boy’s shoulders.

“Then it’s okay to let me go through it? You think I won't feel the same way you feel?” A single tear dripped down his cheek and into his gritted teeth.

“What more should I tell you? I don't want you to fight, you don't need to fight, I’m here to fight for you.”

“I don't need you fighting for me. I can win my own battle!”

“No.”

“You would let yourself die first? Before giving your son a chance to save you. If that is the case, then you are a FOOL!” That was the case, he was right, Hades would let himself perish in order to protect his family from any harm.

“You’re a dumb, kind, beautiful child! And... my only child. Please--just stay with your mom. I love you both more than anything in this entire existence, so please, listen to me and go back home.” Hades embraced his son and shed tears while a painful smile slowly crept on his face.

“You idiot…” Shin took a few steps back and ran away.

He vanished into a thin black smoke before I could stop him. After letting out a sigh, I turned my head to Hades.

“I’m sorry, my Lord, but our time is limited,” Aria stepped into the heavy atmosphere with ease. Hades took a short breath then wiped his tears before he materialized his powerful Bident out of blue fire that appeared out of nowhere.

Hades gripped his bident using both his hand and brought it closer in front of him. The blue fire between the two prongs grew bigger by the second. My group and I formed a circle with the teleportation rune in the middle, we stared and waited for Hades to open the portal.

A bolt of lightning struck in front of Hiro while thunders roared above us, a single glowing Spear appeared after the electricity disappeared into the floor. While Hiro materializes his spear from lighting itself, Odesza was circled by flowing water, the water engulfed the Trident and started to modify it to fit her size.

I peeled the fruit and tossed it glazed content into my mouth. The taste was slightly savory, and yet, nothing that intense, but I kinda like it, the gummy and watery feel when I bite into it. Tadao turned his sight on me, I raised a thumbs up and looked at Hades.

The air itself was ripped apart by blue fire, forming a portal for the three of them to use. When we saw that, Aria immediately gave the signal, and we were blinded by the immense light while our bodies slightly floated off the floor. Every cell in our bodies was split apart and reformed again in less than a second.

Just when my sight return, I was suddenly pulled back by the collar and leaned against a wall. I turned to the person who pulled me, and Tadao was beside me with his other hand on my mouth. He pointed above, one of The Darkness can be seen through the cracked ceiling, it lingers and dormant while it blocked the light from going through the cracks.

I turned to Tadao and nodded my head. We quickly sneaked out of the teleportation chamber. The moment we opened the door, a jagged sword flew toward us, Tadao parried it and caused it to stabbed the floor. Our attentions were pulled to the end of the hallway, and that moment, despair loomed over us.

"God Killer," Arthur muttered.

"I see that life has treated you like shit," A familiar woman voice came out from God Killer, herself.

"Compare to me, you look much worse than before. You know, I still couldn't believe it, but here you are," I took out my hatchet and walked passed Tadao.

"Quite a plan, you got here," The God Killer teased.

"Your voice sounded familiar, and how did you know about our plan?" Tadao took a step forward and stood beside me.

"Easy! There's a traitor amongst yourself, but not just any traitor, the mastermind himself."

A roar of thunder shook the sky above us.

*

A few seconds earlier.

Hades and Odesza walked out of the portal, the first thing that greeted them was the sight of a crumbling Mount Olympus. The view saddened Hades’s heart as he is reminded of the painful event that transpired here. He clenched his Bident and aimed it at the sea of Darkness, below them.

“Ready, yourself!” Hades said aloud, Odesza then quickly pointed her Trident at the same target as Hades and channeled her power into the weapon. She had never seen so much  Creature of Darkness before, and that scared her, she understood now the overwhelming despair that her fellow candidates felt. However, she needed to be brave because her comrades and the worlds are counting on her.

Out of nowhere, a crackle of lightning struck both of them, fiery pain exploded underneath their skin as their entire body was licked by tremendous electricity. They both screamed at the top of their lungs before finally stopped when the lightning dissipated.

Hades looked at Hiro with disbelief as he fell, but before he could crash into a floating platform, he took hold of Odesza and embraced her before impact. The floating platform cracked and formed a crater in which they both laid in. Hades placed the fainted girl beside him and tried to stand, but he dropped to one knee.

“Why?”

Hiro smiled as he expanded his power outward, showcasing his ultimate control over lightning. Black clouds started to blankets the sky itself, prevented light from reaching them,  Hiro’s eye was illuminated by energy as he pointed his spear at Hades and discharged electricity at the god of the underworld until he kneeled before him.

Hades screamed and screamed, while occasionally glancing behind him, he couldn’t move or risk the electricity hitting Odesza. Hiro stopped and laughed; smoke rose from Hades’s body, all the moistures on his skin had been vaporized. Fresh burn marks could be found littered across his body. He hugged himself in quivering pain, he couldn’t move his arms as the muscles underneath had locked in place.

“Finally...All those years of planning, tricking, lying, and making Apollo become mad with those terrifying visions.”

“W-Why…” Hades muttered, his voice shook from the agonizing pain. He glanced at his out of reach Bident.

“I’ll tell you soon enough, but now….Hear my voice my beautiful creations! Invade those worlds and destroy them!” Hiro pointed at the portal, the sea of horrifying creatures began to gathered and flew toward the opened portal.

However, the portal exploded in a bright blue fire when a slashed of water sliced it in half. Odesza had wake up and aimed her trident at the portal, Hiro fumed with rage, send another wave of lightning and shocked them both until the girl’s eyes became white.

“Stop! You are going to kill her!” Hades shouted.

Hiro stopped and took a couple of breaths in to calm himself.

“How unsightly of me, to be overwhelmed in rage. Oh, uncle Hades, still the soft-hearted god.”

“Why, Hiro? Why…?”

“You’re right, I think you deserve an explanation.”

However before Hiro could explain himself, BOOM! The teleportation room where the second group was exploded as a tornado broke the roof off the building.

0