Chapter 3
226 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

      The next day, we didn’t see each other at the lockers. Instead, Kay came right up to me and reached for my hand. I noticed few people paying us any attention, so I almost let her, but my friend Mimi was soon skipping up to us, so I quickly snatched my hand away from Kay.

      Kay seemed very disappointed when I introduced her to Mimi as nothing more than my friend. Mimi wasn’t in our class this year. In fact, she’s the one who’s schedule was changed to something weird, along with Kay’s. What a small world it was. I wave goodbye to Kay and follow Mimi off to talk in private about something. I didn’t notice the shadow that fell on her lovely face.

      When class was about to begin, Kay came up to my desk and quietly asked if I wanted to have dinner at her house. I thought about it. I liked the girl, I did, but I liked to keep things simple - every girl was once-in-a-lifetime, no more But I supposed it wouldn’t cause issues just this once.

      “Sure. I’d love to. You can cook me something that’ll give us energy for a busy night.”

      When school ended, Kay and I walked out of the room together. Mimi quickly found us and gave a side-eyed glance toward Kay. “Ready?”

      “Ready for what?” It dawns on me and I slap my forehead. “Oh. Shit, we had that clothing shop in another town to go to. Right.” I turn and look at an increasingly dejected Kay. “Hey, I’m sorry. We’ll make it up. I promise.”

      She coos into my hand as I stroke her cheek. She seemed to be feeling a little better, but then Mimi opened her mouth. “Look, I don’t give a shit what you do with other women. But really? Right in front of me? It’s our day now, come on.” She wraps her arm around mine and pulls me away.

      “Sorry,” I muttered to Mimi. “Bye, Kay.”

      As I turned, I had to stop and do a double-take. For a moment, I thought I saw the devil in Kay, but I dismissed that thought quickly and gave her another small wave before Mimi and I turned the corner.

      “Thanks,” I tell her as we exit the building. The bustling crowd stands before us. “Let’s go to the cafe. My treat for saving me.” I lace my fingers through hers and she raises an eyebrow at me.

      “So what? Now that you have use for me, you’re finally going to give me the time of day? What about that other girl? Isn’t she your girlfriend?”

      I pull her along for our date at the cafe. “I don’t have girlfriends. No matter how much I like someone. It just leads to drama.”

      She finally matches her pace with mine and gives a whistle. “You’re kind of heartless.”

      “You’re still coming with me.”

      “Yeah, well, I just think you’re hot.” She gives my arm a squeeze, pushing her breasts into me.

      We ordered our cake and spent a few hours eating and chatting. Occasionally, I would feel the urge to look around, feeling as if someone’s eyes were on me. Every move I made almost seemed to be judged by another, but I never found anyone paying attention to me besides Mimi.

      Rubbing the back of my neck uncomfortably, I suggested we go back to my place. She responded with a toothy grin and eagerly followed me. Our night passed much more passionately than the one I’d shared with Kay. Unlike her, Mimi had experience and was quite aggressive between the sheets.

12