Book 0: Chapter 1: Goat: Sudden Beginning of a Tale
4.7k 5 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been so long since the last war, almost two centuries if I remembered correctly… it has truly been a rough time for us, having to fend for our lives and stayed hidden deep within a large unseen forest, many died during that battle, very few survived, that damn Hero… no, now is no time to think about the past, the Hero is no longer here, and the one causing this whole mess is also no longer here… for the time being anyway.

That throne, if possible, shall not be occupy ever again by that thing, but I know full well that it’ll come back, and there’s no way for any of us to know where it’ll spawn, and such a line of thought is simply a waste of time at this point. What I should think about is recovering our little world, what we have left after everything-

“Oi you old goat, stop standing around already” … Oh, it’s her, the last remaining demon general since that time, and pretty much the only actual demon exist in this world as far as I’m aware, Vermilla, raised her myself, not that I do much in influencing her or something like that. She looks like a young adult with messy grayish green hair and red eyes, wearing something that look like your typical vampire clothing in fiction.

“I am simply thinking about our situation at the moment, I’m not fooling around” I replied back to her. I think I should appraise her status right now, she have been bedridden for a long while and not exactly been actively fighting, she might be weaker than before, and that’s not something I wanted to see, especially with its inevitable arrival.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Vermilla

Gender: Female

Age: 236

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

 

Level: 570

Class: Blademaster + Demon General

HP: 105,000/105,000

MP: 12,000/12,000

Strength: 3,600

Magical Prowess: 3,500

Dexterity: 4,300

Agility: 4,290

Luck: 3,210

Vitality: 3,100

Magical Resistance: 3,300

 

Title: [Demon General]

Race Trait: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Intimidation] [Longevity] [Night Vision]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: SS

Polearm: C

Axe: C

Bow: C

Brawl: A+

Hidden weapon: B

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: B+

Cold: B

Water: B

Lightning: B+

Wind: A

Earth: B

Light: B

Dark: S

Life: B+

Death: B+

Mind: B+

Space: D

 

Compared to what I remembered, she seems to completely recovered, but with the amount of time it has been since I appraise her I might be wrong in my assumption. Regardless I wonder what she’s up to now to come here.

“And what exactly are you doing here talking to an old man like me?” I said so to her.

“One of my soldier reported to me that there are some people going on a rampage, seems like they’re too much for them to deal with, not that I’m sure of the report myself, anyway I was thinking of telling you that so you won’t bother me later about where I am” She said so without much enthusiasm, turn and walk to the balcony, manifest her wings, and fly away… I think I might as well go with her, hopefully she doesn’t make the situation worse somehow.

*Dash* *Jump* *Land*

If I am a normal person I’ll be in a graveyard right now, but I certainly am not, might as well myself as well.

[Status]

 

Name: Agvil 

Gender: Male

Age: 435

Race: Goat Beastkin

 

Level: 540

Class: Butler

HP: 66,000/66,000

MP: 10,000/10,000

Strength: 2,400

Magical Prowess: 3,600

Dexterity: 3,600

Agility: 3150

Luck: 2950

Vitality: 2140

Magical Resistance: 3,400

 

Title: [Special Reincarnation] [Otherworldly Soul]

Special Trait: [Water Compatibility] [Cold Compatibility] [Longer Life]

Race Skill: [Intimidation]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: B

Polearm: C+

Axe: D

Bow: E

Brawl: S

Hidden weapon: A

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: B

Cold: S

Water: S

Lightning: C

Wind: C

Earth: C

Light: D

Dark: A

Life: C

Death: B

Mind: C

Space: C

 

People in this world have level average of around 50 to 60, and this is a world with a lot of powerful people around, and I’m around 10 times higher than them in level, even if I’m old and not far from the end of my life, perhaps around 7 or 8 years left, or perhaps I’m near the end right now, regardless I’m way above the norm, perhaps one of the strongest in the world, but we can never be too careful, there’s no way I nor Vermilla will fight the humans alone, not that it’s our biggest concern anyway. Now time to chase her.

 

#####

 

Seems like she already incapacitated every assaliants already, guess I was here for nothing.

“Seems like you came here for nothing old man” She said with a grin, she can be a bit stuck up sometime, but she isn’t bad that’s for certain.

“I can see that, and I think it’s time for us to go back” I said so dismissively ready to leave.

“I don’t think we have time for that” Vermilla suddenly said in a more serious tone. I look back at her with concern.

“Why is that?” I asked in a similar tone.

“These aggressor’s actions are very unnatural, like they have been controlled by someone or manipulated by them, I could tell” She put the emphasis on the last part specifically, knowing full well how one can inflict their will over others, one of the ability of that thing… the Demon Lord.

“Seems like you’re much sharper than I give you credit for, then again I didn’t give you much time of day in previous playthrough anyway” Hm!? Where did that voice came from… I looked at where the voice come from a hooded girl can be seen, when was that girl there? She appeared to be around 18 years old, and her hood is gray obviously, so is her eyes from what I can see.

“What does that suppose to mean? Who are you?” Vermilla asked the mysterious girl, something is off putting about her, but I’m not sure what it is myself.

“Nothing you shall fret over, I’m simply here to make a deal with you is all, just a fun experiment for me, and something to look forward to” She said with a carefree tone, I’m not sure what to make of this situation, she’s clearly dangerous without me checking her stats, and she clearly have something to do with these demi-humans going on a rampage.

“And what is that exactly?” Vermilla asked the girl again, clearly on guard.

“I’m sure you both understand what the Demon Lord is?” She said to us, I certainly have some idea, but I can’t boast myself to know the full story.

“I know that the Demon Lord is an existence that continuously reborn and fought humans, it’ll not stop in its pursuit regardless of how many time it died, even with the similar existence to counter it, I know that much” I answered and the girl give a satisfied look and a nod, at least from what I can see… then she take the hood off to show her gray eyes and hair, with the hair tied into a ponytail.

“You are correct on that front, and I have a plan to deal with it” She said with a smirk on her face, but how exactly?

“And how will you do something like that?” Vermilla said still on guard.

“Huh!?” Then let out a sound of surprise with her eyes widen and expression of dread, what is it now?

“What is it?” I said in a concerned tone. To think she lose her cool during a situation like this, clearly something is not right.

“Her levels are nearly twentyfold of us” She said sounding even more stressed out and completely overwhelmed.

“What!?” I let out a sound of surprise as well, I better check this myself.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Yeig

Gender: Female

Age: 3,549

Race: Human

 

Level: 9,200

Class: Arcane Fencer + Creation Sage

HP: 45,580,000/45,580,000

MP: 510,000/510,000

Strength: 110,000

Magical Prowess: 114,000

Dexterity: 87,000

Agility: 89,840

Luck: 92,000

Vitality: 78,420

Magical Resistance: 122,320

 

Title: [Rule Breaker] [World Traveller] [Sage from Time of Creation]

Special Trait: [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration]

Special Ability: [Causality Alteration]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: SSS+

Polearm: SS+

Axe: S+

Bow: SS

Brawl: SS

Hidden weapon: SS

Shield: S

Gun: A+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: SSS

Cold: SSS

Water: SSS

Lightning: SSS

Wind: SSS

Earth: SSS

Light: SSS+

Dark: SSS+

Life: SSS+

Death: SSS+

Mind: SSS

Space: SS

Time: S+

 

… Absurd… that’s all I can say…

“Seems like the situation is reversed this time… no matter, the plan will proceed as normal” I don’t get what she is saying at all, and I don’t think I want to know either.

“And what is this plan exactly?” Vermilla said clearly taking the situation very seriously.

“It’s something that require both of your cooperation, I shall explain it in a more suitable location” As she said that she raised her staff and area around us looked warped…

*Zoom*

… Group teleportation… that’s something I’m unable to do for certain. Vermilla look stupefied right now at just what happened and took a while to process what just happened, right now we’re in the throne room.

“What the heck that was so cool!” And that’s what she lets out… kinda forgot that part of her that gets excited over something extraordinary when it doesn’t look like it’ll kill her.

“Glad you like that little spell of mine, now time for some business” Yeig, the girl in gray said so, and walk in front of the throne and look at us.

“What is this business” I asked cautiously. She then look at me while pointing the staff toward me as well.

“To modify the Demon Lord of course, making her changed from the being of destruction to something more… heroic I suppose” She said with a constant smirk on her face, but to do that to the Demon Lord… how?

“How will that even work? We have no idea where it is, and I’m sure modifying being like that is no trivial task even for you” I said to her curious about this whole thing, even if it could put everyone in danger.

“And why are both of us crucial for this?” Vermilla added, it is certainly as she said, how will our participation help? Yeig then let out a sigh.

“Let me be frank with you, not the most fun thing for both of you, especially you Agvil” She said while looking at me, I didn’t tell her my name yet, how did she know? Perhaps she have [Appraisal] as well.

“But first let me explain Vermilla’s role, she’ll be the one who’ll host the Demon Lord’s soul and give birth to her” Huh? Did I hear that correctly? She’ll essentially have Vermilla be the Demon Lord’s mother? She can’t be serious about that.

“Excuse me?” Vermilla replied as one would expect, completely perplexed by the situation before her, about what she must do, also I think I hear Yeig referred to the Demon Lord as ‘her’, what’s with that?

“Like I said, you’ll be her mother, and you’ll raise her as your own, don’t worry though, I’ll help you out with that” Yeig said to her bluntly. Vermilla still not really sure what to make of the situation. That role is indeed preposterous, especially considering how Vermilla is, I don’t want to think about it at all.

“... Are you absolutely serious about that” Vermilla said sounding exasperated more than anything else.

“Yep, I’m sure you’ll do fine, and true ancestor like you basically have next to no chance of having one in the first place, the fertility of your kind is rock bottom, come on don’t you think the prospect of having a baby girl excite you a little?” Yeig said to her, I don’t know about it myself, but if that’s true then certainly she should go for it… if she’s a type of person to care much about family, the only person that could be considered her family is me, the one who raised her. I have one question lingering in my head though.

“Why do you keep referring to the Demon Lord as a girl?” I asked. It’s been bugging me.

“Well considering that a male isn’t involved in the process there’s no Y chromosome is there? So there’s no way the Demon Lord will be born as a guy, though considering the unnatural existence I could also rigged with the odds as well if there is a chance the Demon Lord could be a boy” She said something that shouldn’t be known in this time… who is that person? I’m confused more than anything else, but how come no male is involved?

“What do you mean by male not being involved?” I asked her another question.

“Hm? Weird, I remember you knowing about this last time, or maybe you don’t? Whatever, the Demon Lord can forcibly be born even without a male, the nature of the Demon Lord can cause something like that to happen, could simply manifest out of nowhere as well, even if it’ll be left extremely weak, of course I have other plans aside from that” I don’t know about that at all, that’s certainly a strange detail. But what is this other plan?

“Anyway, what’s your answer Vermilla?” Yeig said looking at Vermilla.

“I don’t know nor care about that… but I can’t really oppose you anyway so what’s the point in arguing” That is true, with her great might that might be able to end the world as we know it, we can’t really refuse her offer.

“Glad we settled on that, now onto you” Yeig said as she turn to look at me. Her face turn grim for a second that much I can see.

“You’ll be the sacrifice to make this work, you’ll offer your life for this ritual” She said, I felt chill run up my spine… is she serious about this?

“Hold on what!?” Vermilla let out a protest, clearly not liking the idea of her only family member be taken away, even if she doesn’t show much care.

“Exactly as I said, he’ll be the sacrifice, I need one to complete this ritual, necessary to the whole thing, otherwise I might messed up, and the old man doesn’t have much will to live anyway” Yeig said without any doubt in her mind… and I certainly don’t think living like this is great either… but I don’t want to take the coward’s way out, I don’t want to think about what might be ahead of me in the next life, so I didn’t do anything…

“Oi! That can’t be true right old goat?” Vermilla asked in a serious and saddened tone, I can’t watch her be like this, but I can’t deny what the girl just said.

“She’s… not exactly wrong about that” I said in a pained voice, that girl wouldn’t take any dishonesty with from us for certain. I can’t even properly look at Vermilla in the face right now.

“By the way Agvil, I’ll make sure your next life is a one more fortunate than this, that much I can promise you, I’ll make a deal with the one governing life and death for you even” She said now in a serious tone, but how certain is that? Can I really believe her words?

“You have to be joking!” Vermilla yelled out… I’m sorry.

“... Fine, I’ll be your your sacrifice, not that my willingness will mattered anyway, you’ll find a way to coax me, one way or another” I said so to Yeig.

“Exactly, I’ll see this plan to the very end, that is what I’ve decided” She said with confidence. 

“... Dammit all!” Vermilla let out another cry of hopelessness.

“To make sure you don’t do anything funny while I’m starting this…” She said as a chain of light appeared out of nowhere and restrained Vermilla, she show some resistance but it is clearly futile.

“Now time for you to lay down and wait for death, it’ll be painless I can guarantee you that” She said that to me, and I do as she said, just lay down onto the floor and wait.

“Any last word between the two of you before we start?” Yeig said looking at both of us. I’ll say something first.

“Vermilla… be safe, and live happily with your new family, you don’t have to think about me anymore” I said trying to assure her, I’m not sure how effective that is though.

“... And I hope you realize how much you meant to me… Father” She said sorrowfully, I certainly do know.

*Nod*

I hope she understand that I know.

“Now close your eyes and let everything work out” Yeig said to me in somewhat chilling tone, I do as she asked and wait for death to come to me…

..

..

..

..

.

.

.

 

52