Book 0: Chapter 3: Lord: Talking and Thinking
2.5k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walk around the room and inspecting stuff, my parents are observing me right now, no doubt thinking about what kind of action will I take, well, I didn’t have a grand plan set out inspecting this room or anything, I was simply just looking around curious about where I am, what my home is like, there’s also the fact that I never leave this room, so I don’t know about the other part of my home, let alone the outside world itself, so yeah, simply looking around. This is clearly a bedroom, there’s a window letting me see the outside, but all I saw was a massive forest, mountains in the distance, and the clear blue sky. Well, this is certainly no city, not even a village really, some sort of tall building in a middle of nowhere, this place is rather high up, maybe three or four stories tall? Roughly? 

Anyway that’s what I saw outside this window, and I wonder what else could be out there, one thing for certain is that I feel much more optimistic about this world than whatever that other one was, perhaps it’s because of the better start, or maybe the fantastical setting. I mean there’s a vampire who is my mother, and the gray hood who is clearly a mage, or perhaps a sage. Anyway I want to walk outside this door and see all that there is to see… but I can’t reach the doorknob… moms please help.

“I’ll let you decide” Gray girl said to my mom, who ponders for a bit as to what to do, please let me leave this room.

“She can go out” Mom said as she walked toward the door and opened it for me, what I saw was… a relatively normal looking living room.

There’s a table, few chairs, and a sofa nearby, there are also some crystals of some kind, there’s also one in my bedroom as well, it seems to act as an air conditioner, but clearly works on a different principle. There are also what looked like a fridge, another room on the other side, which mom walks toward and open, showing it to be a storage room of some kind, though there doesn’t seem to be anything inside, so I didn’t bother going inside, anyway what was I doing? Right, inspecting this place some more. There are a crystal on the ceiling, clearly act as a lightbulb, there’s also one in my room as well, but I’m not even sure how it worked, gray hood simply point at it and it brighten up, maybe a magic at work, anyway there’s nothing else, the room is pretty darn barebone.

The interior is the same as my room, floors, walls, and ceiling made out woods, light brown in color and nothing too notable, the door have a darker shade and gold colored handle, but the door over there have the opposite atmosphere of everything else… obsidian green… like a room full of demons is behind that door, I think maybe I shouldn’t go pass that door yet, but considering that it’s the only door left and I haven’t found the exit yet, that must be the way out, and I’m rather perplexed by that, like why is this ordinary breathtaking room connected to what seems to be the Demon Lord’s castle? Crazy I would say. The truth I saw.

“I think she’s quite cautious of that door, not surprising though considering the design, seriously we need to change these stuff” Gray hood said in a casual tone.

“You’re the one doing all of this, I’m not one for construction, anyway are you done exploring?” Mom said and direct a question toward me, honestly I’m not sure what to do next, maybe after a while I’ll leave this comfortable looking place and go out that door.

“I…” … Hold up, I just realized something… this is the first time I speak since I got here! I hold my mouth and neck in realization, seems like moms also noticed as well.

“Awww, I thought her first word will be mommy or something” Gray hood said sulking. Though it’s not very clear my vampire mom also have a similar dissatisfied expression, she didn’t hide it that well honestly. I’ll make my next line open up with mommy then!

“Mommy! I-I’ll go out that door someday. Just not now” I managed to speak out a full sentence, I thought it’ll be harder but then again I have spoken before, just not with this body. I observed their expression and they’re… smiling a little, better than nothing I guess.

“No need to pity us like that… but what a good child” Gray hood mom said with a small smile, so she figured out I was saying that on purpose.

“Yeah, no need to bother yourself with that” Mom said while looking away, what a tsundere, or kuudere? I didn’t really remember the specific. Anyway I think I’m done for today, let’s go back to bed and sleep, as I do so mom close the door.

I need help getting up… to my bed, also isn’t it weird that I don’t sleep in a cradle? I mean I didn’t fall off the bed or anything but I’m pretty sure when you raised a baby you put said baby in a cradle, I’m like only 6 months old right? …wait, if I really am shouldn’t my limbs be way more stubby and I perhaps shouldn’t be able to walk around in the first place?

Or maybe it’s because I’m a vampire and this is all normal, let’s go with that. Ah my gray hood mom pick me up and put me on the bed, a nice white bed. Ah it’s such a pleasant bed. It’s great, though I’m not sure why it’s so big, it’s like for two people or something.

 

#####

<Flashback Start>

 

“It’s such a shame you aren’t a girl, I always wanted to raise one” Mom said so in a rather indifferent tone… mom… do you really act like this toward me just because of that?... Why is my family like this, where is my dad? Why is he never here? Why am I stuck with a mom who can’t truly love their kid because of something like that?

 

<Flashback End>

#####

 

… Ah… something like that… something I want to forget, something of the past I want to let go… I hate that life. Why? Why must it be like that? And now I’m here, I have no idea what fate have in store for me, but it better be better than that, which it certainly already is, both my moms show affection towards me, even if one isn’t so outward about it, honestly this life would be fine just with that, no need to kill humans to satisfy me… wait, why do I even think about something like that? I really shouldn’t, as a former human I shouldn’t do something like that… but what if they’re just a bunch of bastards, certainly that’s fine right? As long as there are good reasons to kill them then I can right? Enacted punishment, executed them, I should be able to do it if it’s justify right? I mean maybe killing in this world is considered tolerable? Perhaps it’s fine if that’s the case… no no no! I shouldn’t think like that! I should only kill when necessary! If it’s a pragmatic situation! Otherwise I’ll look like and perhaps become a murderous monster! A one-note villain! I don’t want to be like that! Certainly not!

Okay I think I calm down a little. I should think of something else right now, like maybe who my two moms actually are, one is clearly a vampire and another some kind of sage, but that doesn’t explain how they got together or how I was born, like why is there no dad around… again. I want to know more about myself, why is my identity not clear to me? Why does it have to be so confusing? I want the answer, but I know I have to wait, I’m sure they’ll tell me about themselves soon, perhaps they think I’m too young for that, regardless of my actual state of being maybe they can’t see past that or think it’s not right in some way, but with all of that said I think I should go to sleep again, no need for food for a while, blood can sustain me for a long period of time.

 

#####

 

How long has it been? I’ve been just walking around not doing much, drinking blood here and there, listening to their conversations sometimes, rather uneventful I would say, speaking of which I don’t know their name, what kind of child don’t know their own parent’s name? I should ask them sometime today.

*Open*

And speak of the devil. The gray hood entered my room, probably to give me some of her blood, she’s the one to feed me her blood constantly, she-

*Cut*

Cut herself with a knife from nowhere and let me drink the blood from the wound, yet there are no scars, then again maybe because it’s magic and such. Ahh, why is it so freaking good? Speaking of which can’t I just bite her? That’s what a vampire do after all. After a while after she finish feeding me I’ll ask those questions.

“Mom” I said to her, taking her by surprise no doubt.

“Yes? What is it?” She look at me with a big smile on her face while saying so.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked wondering if she’ll actually gave any answers or be cryptic about it.

“Sure, go ahead” Gray hood mom said while sounding a little excited, I wonder why?

“What is both of moms’ name?” I asked her, will I finally know both of their name?

“An easy question to answer, my name is Yeig, your birth mother’s name is Vermilla” It’s nice to finally know their name, so gray hood mom is named Yeig, and vampire mom is Vermilla, well if I’m going to call one person a mom then it’ll be the latter, not only because she’s my birth mother, but also because her name is more of a mouthful than Yeig, a simpler address, still calling Yeig just Yeig doesn’t feel right, I raised my hand up.

“Um… can I call you Kaa-san?” I asked. She then have a smile of joy on her.

“Of course you can” She replied full of joy.

“Another question! Can I bite you?” I know it’s a blunt way of asking but I’m sure she gets the idea.

“Oh, well if that’s what you want to do instead of being fed then that’s fine with mom” She said while still having a smile on her face, she must really love taking this parenting role.

“Another question!” This one is more on a sensitive side I’m sure, but I want to ask about it nonetheless.

“Your face turn grim for a bit there, but you can ask away” She said in a calm soothing tone, befitting of a mother I would say.

“Dad… where is dad?” That’s what I want to know, having two parents instead of one is an improvement but what about the other person letting me exist here? Where is he?

“How silly Maova, there’re just you, her, and I, there’s no dad in our family” Huh? How does that work? I’m confused… also Maova?

“What do you mean? Also Maova?” I asked, confused about her answer.

“Ah, Maova is the name we have decided for you, or you can call yourself Maou for short if you want, as for the first question I think I’ll explain that to you later, but rest assure the entire family is here” I’m not sure about having Maou as my shortened name, I mean doesn’t that name mean Demon Lord/Demon King in Japanese? Talk about unfortunate sounding name, also the answer to the first, seems like she wouldn’t answer it clearly just yet, I guess I have to wait for an answer.

*Nod*

I simply nodded in agreement.

“So do you have any question left?” She curiously asked, right now not really.

*Shake*

Nope, none at the moment.

“I see, well I guess I’ll take my leave for now” 

*Pat*

And she’s patting my head, doesn’t feel too bad to be honest. And after a while she take her leave. So I don’t have a father in the first place? How does that make any sense? More magical shenanigans? Most likely but more explanation would be good. Maybe after I managed to walk out that door the answer will be clear to me.

 

#####

 

Ah, Mom entered my room this time, she’s usually only around to give me some company, compared to Kaa-san she certainly seem a lot more stiff and strict, but like Kaa-san said she’s not a bad person and she can be gentle when she needs to be, I wonder if I can asked something from her as well.

“Mom?” I said that and she turn to look at me.

“What?” Her tone is certainly on a less friendly side, but I’m sure I can get used to it.

“Can you tell me something about yourself and Kaa-san?” That’s what I want to know, it’s clear of Kaa-san’s mannerism what she thinks about being with us, but since mom rarely ever show emotion I don’t know what she’s thinking right now.

“Kaa-san?” Mom repeated rather confused.

“I mean Yeig” I replied.

“Oh, well I am a true ancestor, the strongest form of vampire and demons, comparable to dragons in raw power, and I held the position of a general, leading the soldiers and such, as well as managing this place, as for that other girl, she’s a sage with unimaginable power, outstripping my strength by nearly twenty fold, she’s the one who allowed me to have you, that’s all I can say. I would say more, but Yeig said it’s not the right time just yet” So there's a few thing to pick up from that statement.

One is that mom is someone with a really dangerous job, from what she said if she’s not exaggerating is that she’s one of the strongest being period, and Kaa-san is a sage nearly twenty times stronger than her, who supposedly is as strong as a dragon, one of the most well known and powerful mythological creature in the world. And I’m the daughter of the former while the latter act as my caretaker for some reason, there’s definitely more to the story and I probably won’t get anymore explanation for a while, but the part about allowing her to have me… there’s more than a few way to explain that but I probably shouldn’t press the issue. Well, I think that’s about what I learn today. So from the look of things, my parents are really powerful, I’m a vampire so I’m also am by default… speaking of which what’s the difference between a true ancestor and a normal vampire?

“What’s the difference between a true ancestor and other vampire?” I asked.

“True ancestor is a natural born vampire, they can eat food like regular human but can drink blood as alternative food source, they have great vision at night, can fly by manifesting wings from nothing, and incredible regeneration along with eternal youth, as well as exclusive technique only true ancestor can use, ability to use the blood we have drink and stored to fight, we have no weaknesses, regardless of what humans believe. There are also other kind of vampire of course, blood descend are the lower form of true ancestor, born by ritual of intaking the true ancestor’s blood, they are naturally weaker and cannot manifest wings like us, they also have weaker regeneration and also requiring blood to survive, then there is dhampir, born from a blood descend and a human, while they lack the weakness of a blood descend, they’re also weaker not only in term of power, but also regeneration and lifespan, while true ancestor and blood descend can live forever as long as they aren’t killed, dhampir while able to retain their youth will quickly wither away reaching the end of their life. That’s the three type of vampire that exist, the vampire that is weak to sunlight, walking water, garlic, silver, and all that stupid weakness doesn’t exist, honestly to think human have that kind of silly imagination” Mom said as she frowned talking about the absurdity of them thinking vampire have so many weaknesses, when in fact they really don’t, while also rubbing her temples and looking down.

“Anyway anything else you want to ask?” She said to me, I don’t think there’s anything else I want to ask at the moment, I’ll rather go to sleep now.

“No” I said to her.

“I see, then I guess it’s my time to leave, have a nice rest I suppose” She said as she stand up and walk out the door, leaving me alone.

There’s definitely a lot to take in, yet this is clearly just the surface.

49