Book 0: Chapter 6: Lord: System Incomprehension
1.8k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new day and I’m not sure what to do now, yesterday they said they would guide me, letting me see this world for what it is and all that… honestly we’re like the kind of people who would be the villains, a demon isn’t exactly heroic material after all, then again it’s not like I’m aiming to be heroic or anything, just to live for myself, which might be seen as selfish and villainous anyway, well, whatever, I wonder where those two are at this point. 

*Open*

Speak of the devil. Kaa-san is here.

“Alright! Time for your lessons!” Kaa-san excitingly said, she looks even more cheerful than before, is teaching someone really that exciting?

*Lift*

She immediately lift me up, still grinning.

*Zoom*

Huh!? Where the heck?... a plain? With a giant crater nearby? What the heck? Did we just teleport? 

“You must be quite surprised, first time seeing something like this? You’ll learn it soon enough, maybe in four or five years” Talk about villainous ability, and I can learn something like this? Oh, she’s putting me down, the landscape is certainly very green, something like this would be quite rare in that old world, world of half of me, it’s weird to think about it, that you’re actually two soul meld into one, am I just two people existing at once? Or someone completely new with memories of two people… I shouldn’t think about something like that, seriously hurts my brain. Anyway I should say something.

“So what are we learning today?” I asked, honestly I felt a bit awkward speaking and letting out a very childish voice.

“Well, we’ll learn about the system create for the world that very few know about, but before any of that, have you heard about the Divine Calendar?” Kaa-san said. Divine Calendar… I think the school in my old world talk about it and in this world something like that exist, but I’m not sure how it exactly works. I’ll just nod.

*Nod*

“Divine Calendar is pretty simple, it showed the amount of years after the system called Divine Calendar is created, it’s created as a way to show time, aside from the time of the day it showed date and such, it’s created during the Age of Creation, when a bunch of crazy and inventive people are experimenting with magic of all kind, it’s created then and spread around the world as an always active magical counter, to check the year, spell [Divination] is used, the World System, much like the Divine Calendar, operate similarly, by using command like [Appraisal], [Status], [Class Check], or [Skill Check], you can understand a lot more about your power and how the world works, I’m sure you heard of literature RPG before, where there are things like stats and class that actually exist as a part of the setting that people are aware of, it’s the exact same situation here” So that’s how it is, similar to all those well known anime and manga that is about going to a different world full of game mechanics, it’s basically the same, but how do I actually know about these stats? About magic and class?

“How am I supposed to know about any of this? How to know about the World System, about magic and all that?” I asked.

“Well, just simply willed it, if you have knowledge about this kind of system already from all of those fictional stories then it’s as simply as saying, mentally or otherwise, the command” So all I have to do is think about it? …

[Status]

 

Name: Maova

Gender: Female

Age: 8 (Months)

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

 

Level: 1

Class: Demon Lord

HP: 1,000/1,000

MP: 90/90

Strength: 74

Magic Prowess: 81

Dexterity: 76

Agility: 67

Luck: 70

Vitality: 70

Magic Resistance: 72

 

Title: [Demon Lord] [Special Reincarnation] [Merged Being] [Otherworldly Soul] [Demon Lord’s Soul] [The Alternate 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓]

Race Trait: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Intimidation] [Longevity] [Night Vision]

Special Trait: [Accelerated Growth] [EXP Boost (Human)]

Special Ability: [Causality Alteration] [Synchronization: 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓ (Locked)]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: D

Hidden Weapon: E

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: D

Cold: D

Water: D

Lightning: D

Wind: D

Earth: D

Light: D+

Dark: C

Life: D

Death: D

Mind: D

 

What the heck? A bunch of informations pop up, I know what a good deal means, but what about things like title and race trait? Heck what is with this glitchy text? Is that normal?

“What’s wrong? Do you see anything strange?” Kaa-san casually asked, seems like she already know about this if she’s so calm.

“What’s with this titles and traits? How do I know more about them? What do each of them do? What’s with the glitched text?” I asked.

“Just appraise them, you know how it works right?” Just appraise them? Let’s try it then.

[Appraisal]

 

Title: Special title gained based on achievement, state of being, or circumstances, these title can affect the owner’s stats and abilities, or simply grant them special trait or ability.

Race Trait: Traits and abilities related to one’s race.

Special Trait: Trait special to the individual, not because of their race.

Special Ability: Ability special to the individual, not because of their race

 

I see, so that’s how it works. Something tells me that me having a lot of it means I’m pretty darn… overpowered.

“Hey Kaa-san? What’s the stats of a level 1 like?” I said to her.

“For humanoids their stats would barely be two digits, except their HP which almost hit three digits” My stats are all already in two digits and my HP is four digits, yeah I think I really am abnormal, extremely abnormal.

“Oh” I let out, and Kaa-san show an amused smirk, usually people will be really freaked out by this, but considering how powerful she supposedly is she really isn’t bothered by it at all. Actually I could’ve just appraise her.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Yeig

Gender: Female

Age: 3,549

Race: Human

 

Level: 9,200

Class: Arcane Fencer + Creation Sage

HP: 45,580,000/45,580,000

MP: 510,000/510,000

Strength: 110,000

Magical Prowess: 114,000

Dexterity: 87,000

Agility: 89,840

Luck: 92,000

Vitality: 78,420

Magical Resistance: 122,320

 

Title: [Rule Breaker] [World Traveller] [Sage from Time of Creation]

Special Trait: [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration]

Special Ability: [Causality Alteration]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: SSS+

Polearm: SS+

Axe: S+

Bow: SS

Brawl: SS

Hidden weapon: SS

Shield: S

Gun: A+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: SSS

Cold: SSS

Water: SSS

Lightning: SSS

Wind: SSS

Earth: SSS

Light: SSS+

Dark: SSS+

Life: SSS+

Death: SSS+

Mind: SSS

Space: SS

Time: S+

 

… I think I momentarily freaked out, and I’m sure Kaa-san noticed it with how she’s smirking right now… how strong is this level?

“Kaa-san... answer this honestly… what’s the highest level people can usually go to?” I asked completely unsure how to proceed any of these information.

“How sweet of you to call me that! To answer your question, human usually only go up to level 100 at most, demi-human usually around 120, demons are more varied on that front, anywhere from 300 to 500, your mother is quite a gifted fellow I must say to pass the peak of most demons, someone at level 1,000 can easily be considered global scale threat, in case you’re wondering” And she’s nine times of said global scale threat, I think I have wandered into a dangerous territory here…

“Kaa-san can you… destroy the world at this point? The one we’re on?” I nervously asked.

“Well… I can’t destroy this Earth since he’s way above me, but I could blast the moon into bits if you want the lunarians dead, or even the sun itself to cause supernova or something, not that I tried something like that before” She said with a smile, despite the terrifying prospect she presented, I can see why Mom find it difficult to even stand up to her… is the crater her doing!?

“Kaa-san! Did you make this crater!?” I asked.

“Nope, all your other mother kiddo, she’s level 580 and she can already do something like that, very impressive I must say” …Okay so despite both of them having such a huge gap in power both of them are still way too abnormal for the world we’re in right now, and I’m sure I’m also in the echelon as well, probably only after a while after some level ups.

“Okay… so what should I do next?” Despite the absurd reality in front of me, I still have a lesson to go through, can’t let that distract me now.

“Make sure to appraise everything about yourself first and we can get into class and potential checking” So I should try to appraise everything here, the trait and skill and all that…

“Is appraising the glitching text fine?” I nervously asked.

“Yep” A quick conformation right there. Okay then. Guess I’ll do just that.

 

[Demon Lord]: Title of the one destined to rule over the demons. Grant the owner the Demon Lord subclass.

[Special Reincarnation]: Title of the one with special circumstances in their reincarnation. Boost to stats and elemental proficiencies growth and gain memories of their past life/lives. Boost to EXP gain.

[Merged Being]: Title of the one born from two or more being, have proficiencies of their components.

[Otherworldly Soul]: Soul of one who traveled between worlds. Boost to stats growth. Boost to EXP gain.

[Demon Lord’s Soul]: Soul of the Demon Lord. Gain the [Demon Lord] title. Gain [Accelerated Growth] and [EXP Boost (Human)].

[The Alternate 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓]: A fragment of 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓.Boost to sword, bow, hidden weapon, and gun proficiencies. Major boost to space and time proficiencies. Gain [Casualty Alteration] and [Synchronization: 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓].

[Vampirism]: The owner can drains blood of others to satisfy hunger, thirst, or to boost power slightly. The stored blood can be used for [Blood Art].

[Blood Art]: Using the stored blood to perform certain actions, such as boosting one’s stats, formed it into a weapon, or use it in place of mana. Leaving a thirst for blood after use as a demerit.

[Regeneration]: Abnormal regeneration speed, effectiveness varied on multiple factors.

[Mana Regeneration]: Abnormal mana regeneration speed, effectiveness varied on multiple factors.

[Wings Manifestation]: Ability to manifest wings to fly with, appearance and number of wings is based on levels and the individual themselves.

[Intimidation]: Instilling fear into the target or specific area, effectiveness of the ability is based on level and mind proficiency.

[Longevity]: Stay youthful forever, in their prime. Boost to debuff/ailment resistance.

[Night Vision]: Can see clearly in places without light.

[Accelerated Growth]: Boost to stats growth. Age the owner to their physical prime faster by sixfold.

[EXP Boost (Human)]: Boost to EXP gain from killing humans.

[Causality Alteration]: Ability to interfere with the law of the world temporarily.

[Synchronization: 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓ (Locked)]: Ability to synchronize with 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓ or other self to copy their stats.

 

…That’s certainly a lot of things to process… what am I to do with all of this? So many things…

“Ummm, what’s next?” I, unsure of myself, said so. Seriously where am I supposed to go from here?

“Well, we can deal with some of those traits later, most of them are passives anyway so no worries there, now it’s time for you to use [Class Check] and [Value Check], just will the command and it’ll come to you” She said with the same friendly affable tone as always. Well, guess I’ll try.

[Class Check]

 

Current Class: (None) + Demon Lord (0)

Obtained Class: Demon Lord (Sub)(0)

Unlockable Class: Student, Novice Swordsman, (Varied) Mage

 

… Not exactly a lot of information here. Just a bunch of names.

“What’s with these three things?” I asked.

“I’ll explain it myself so it’ll be easier to understand, the current class is pretty obvious, the obtained class are the classes you have, unlockable class are the classes you are either close to obtaining or can be obtained by simply willing it to be the case, what do you see in unlockable class right now?” She replied.

“Student, Novice Swordsman, and all kind of mages” It’s kind of strange that this is considered a class, usually there’ll only be fighting related stuff like swordsmen or hunter right?

“Student is a really simple one, just have some sort of education and you can get it immediately, it really doesn’t do anything aside from giving tiny growth boost after you reach a certain level with it, other classes are superior to it if we don’t count that, it’s a filler class otherwise, anyway you might as well get it now, no point in not doing so, also you can appraise them of course, you can appraise all kind of stuff, even objects of all kind can be appraise, though usually they don’t show much, and status screen isn’t shown unless they’re combat related or have souls within them, or something like that if I remembered correctly, I think you should get its unique skill first before trying other classes” She said to me, guess I’ll appraise them and choose to be a student I guess? Does this works now?

[Class Check]

 

Current Class: Student (0) + Demon Lord (0)

Obtained Class: Student (0)

Unlockable Class: Novice Swordsman, (Varied) Mage

 

I guess this means it worked? Well I should appraise them as well. The classes.

[Appraisal]

 

[Student](0)

A common class of those educated.

Growth Bonus: 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1

Learnable Traits/Abilities: [Aptitude](10)

Equip Bonus: (None)

 

[Demon Lord](0)

The class of the one who ruled over all demons. Powerful and authoritative.

Growth Bonus: 30/20/15/15/10/10/5/20/20

Learnable Traits/Abilities: [Demonic Charisma](50) [Demonic Morphing](100) [Demonic Control](150) [Demonic Corruption](200) [Demonic Modification](300)

Equip Bonus: 10% Boost to the main class growth bonus. Lower the demerits/weaknesses of the owner’s race.

 

…I still don’t really understand what’s going on with this system. What’s with the numbers in parentheses? The growth bonus? I want Kaa-san to answer these questions for me. I’m sure she’ll get the hint.

“Right, I guess it’s time for me to explain some more, alright, the growth bonus is the bonus to your growth as you level up, in order of what each number in the growth bonus represents… ahem, HP, MP, strength, magic, dexterity, speed, luck, vitality, and magic resistance, the value of course representing how big the boost to your growth is, with just 10 being quite astronomical, of course most class only provide boost by around 5 on average, with the main bulk of a person’s growth being tied to their individual growth, my subclass for example have the bonus growth of 20/25/10/25/20/15/20/10/25, so my maximum mana capacity and magical prowess are quite high, along with my resistance to it of course, but my growth is lopsided in that my physical stats won’t grow that much, though it doesn’t really matter much when my personal growth being on a more balanced side along with the main class growth rate balancing it out, anyway we’ll talk about that later, how are your class growth?” Should I tell her?... Might as well.

“30/20/15/15/10/10/5/20/20, and the student class is just one across the board” I answered.

“Quite a tanky and hard hitting class I must say, and the student class, like I said before, is a filler class that doesn’t really do anything aside from giving you that one skill., also I think you might noticed how you have two classes right?” I certainly did noticed that.

*Nod*

“That’s what one would call a subclass, which can only be gained by devoting themselves to that class for a long amount of time or have a title that give them the subclass, in your case it’s the latter, and said class can’t be removed as far as I know, not that you would anyway, who would?” So student is my main class and Demon Lord my subclass. Well I get the idea of that now, but what about this number?

“What’s with the number next to the learnable skill thingy? And the one next to the class in the [Class Check]?” I asked.

“That one is easy to explain, the number next to the class in the [Class Check] menu is the amount of level that class has gained, nothing too important really, just showed how much level you have grown with that class on, the one in the learnable section is the class exclusive skill that can’t be learned otherwise, usually most class don’t have such a thing, but from what you said the Demon Lord class have some, and the number next to that is the amount of level needed to obtain that skill, usually in the multiple of ten threshold” I get the idea now.

“Well, if you finished looking through them, it’s time for [Value Check], it mainly showed a more detailed part of yourself that [Status] doesn’t show, like your growth rate or some other property” She said so to me, and hopefully it doesn’t get too complicated.

[Value Check]

 

Name: Maova

Gender: Female

Age: 8 (Months)

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

 

Growth Rate

HP: 106

MP: 71

Strength: 61

Magical Prowess: 71

Dexterity: 55

Agility: 56

Luck: 57

Vitality: 66

Magical Resistance: 66

 

Talents

Sword(++)

Polearms()

Axe()

Bow(+)

Brawl()

Hidden Weapon(+)

Gun(+)

Shield()

Fire(+)

Cold(+)

Water(+)

Wind(++)

Lightning(++)

Earth(+)

Light(++)

Dark(++)

Life(+)

Death(+)

Mind(+)

Space(+++)

Time(+++)

 

Hidden Value

EXP Modifier: 2.6x (Human: 5.2x)

Mana Manipulation: D+

Aliment/Status Resistance: A

Environmental Resistance: A

Regeneration Rate: 0.8% HP + 55 per second.

Mana Regeneration Rate: 0.8% MP + 15 per second

 

I take it back, I can’t quite comprehend what I see, like I know that those plus marks showed how good I am with each weapon or magic or whatever, and that the value show how my stats will grow, but I have no idea how these numbers stacked up with others or how much will my stats grow with these values, I have no idea on any of that and I’m super confused right now.

“From the look of things you’re trying to figure all of this out aren’t you? You really shouldn’t, it’ll just messes with your head more, there is also [Skill Check] to show every skill and magic you accumulated from classes and proficiencies, but we sure as hell never gonna use it, just gonna complicated stuff more than necessary” Alright, I guess I’ll forget about this then, yeah let’s not talk about these checks anymore.

*Nod*

“Also don’t take the numbers too seriously, they can easily fluctuate over the course of the battle. If anything you shouldn’t use it at all unless you really need to gauge the specific power of someone. Got all that?” Kaa-san said.

*Nod*

“Good that we all settled on that before everyone start overthinking things and making them unable to enjoy the story and stop reading and start complaining, anyway the field activities will be with Ver-Chan, I’ll go get her, so stay here and wait okay?” Kaa-san said. I have an ominous feeling about this… 

*Zoom*

Hopefully she doesn’t try anything risky, or be like a crazy drill sergeant. Also did Kaa-san seriously call her that?

 

44