Book 0: Chapter 7: Lord: Began Training
1.5k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zoom*

“And here she is!” Kaa-san proudly proclaimed the arrival of my mother after teleporting her along, I’m not sure how to feel about this.

*Slap*

“You’re making her embarrassed, stop that” And Mom, out of nowhere, slapped her… Kaa-san rubbed her slapped cheek a little.

“Yeah yeah, anyhow you two have fun, return the castle without me after you’re done, I can’t be bothered to monitor your training today” Kaa-san said and-

*Zoom*

Teleport away, leaving me alone with my mother, who I know can be rather strict, and is a general, so she most likely is someone very strict, speaking of which I should appraise her as well.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Vermilla

Gender: Female

Age: 236

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

 

Level: 580

Class: Blademaster + Demon General

HP: 112,000/112,000

MP: 12,870/12,870

Strength: 4,150

Magical Prowess: 4,140

Dexterity: 4,700

Agility: 4,680

Luck: 3,660

Vitality: 3,830

Magical Resistance: 3,990

 

Title: [Demon General]

Race Trait: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Intimidation] [Longevity] [Night Vision]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: SS

Polearm: C

Axe: C

Bow: C

Brawl: A+

Hidden weapon: B

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: B+

Cold: B

Water: B

Lightning: B+

Wind: A

Earth: B

Light: B

Dark: S

Life: B+

Death: B+

Mind: B+

Space: D+

Time: E

 

She’s a swordswoman who also have pretty darn good magic as well, very fast. That’s how I describe her stats. 

“Alright, time for you to get into action” Mom said looking the most excited I think I ever saw her be. Huh? Where did that sword came from? Did she just will it from nowhere?

“Come along” She said to me as she turn around and walk toward a nearby forest, I follow her obviously, not sure what she’s planning to do.

It’s quite a long walk I must say, this is a big field with basically nothing on it, there’s a mountain over there and forest on two side, right now we’re just walking, that’s it…

 

#####

 

After a long walk we stopped at the entrance of the forest. Mom then gave me her sword, it’s a small and honestly rather unremarkable sword, it’s definitely not for her, but for me, honestly I actually wants something that feels a bit more… familiar I guess, more than a western sword, a katana would be nice, but I guess this’ll do for now. 

“You’ll go in there and kill some monsters inside” Heh? Did I hear that correctly? 

“Um… Mom… can you repeat that please?” I requested, to the incredibly powerful vampire who is also my mother,

“Go in there and kill stuff, it’s simple really, after that is done we’ll go somewhere else and practice your swordsmanship and magic at home, then after that is done you can do whatever you want and go back to sleep” Did she not found it strange at all she’s telling her not even a year old daughter into a forest that seems to be full of monsters, not only to simply go inside, but to kill said monsters as well.

“Will I be fine in there?” I nervously asked.

“It’ll be fine, I make sure to check beforehand, it’s just a few level 10s and 20s” And does she not see the problem that is me being level 1? I know I’m league above other level 1 but still! Am I really fine like this?

“B-But” I tried to protest but considering who I’m protesting against I really can’t muster the courage to. I was a coward in the past but I really don’t want that trait to stick, maybe going in is a test of courage? At least I hope that was the case and not me actually having to fend for my life.

“No buts, just go in, you’ll be fine” 

*Grab*

Wha!? Mom just grab me by my left wrist! 

*Flap* *Fly*

W-Whoa! Now we’re flying, and honestly I’m really terrified right now!

W-When will this be over? Please be over.

*Land*

I was closing my eyes so I’m not completely sure where we are, but I do know that I’m inside the forest right now.

“Okay your assignment begins now!” Mom declared and stretched out her wings.

*Fly*

Please don’t fly away!... Damn it now I’m all alone here, if only Kaa-san was here to put me out of this situation…

*Growl*

Um… I think I heard something that I don’t want to see… a wolf, a wolf with pale blue fur, it’s pretty big, and it have a yellow horn on its head, I think it’s targeting me.

*Dash*

It certainly did!!!

*Evade* 

Haaa, I barely avoid it… hm? Oh, it’s stuck on the tree because of its horn, maybe I have a chance! Haaa!

*Slash* *Slash*

It barely scratched it! What am I supposed to do! Maybe it have a weak spot! Like a gap… Nonono let’s not go with that, somewhere more dignified, maybe a strong slice at its neck! Yeah! Haaaa!

*Slice* 

And there goes blood gushing out and the wolf welp in pain, I know that a part of me is the Demon Lord, which definitely does something like this all the time, but it’s still surprising how little I feel about killing it… I can feel myself getting stronger from that, but I have no idea how that makes any sense at all, well, if this works like an RPG I have to kill more and more if I want to become strong quickly, in some game there are certainly stat boosting events or items, like exercising in-game or protein or something, it’s probably like that as well, normal exercise and drugs probably still works, but it’ll be unrelated to leveling up. Well I was lucky with that kill, hopefully nothing as strong as around.

I just have to walk around and fight… Hm? I think I saw a rabbit over there. Let’s get closer… try not to make any sound…

*Jump* *Slash*

… That… make me jumped real bad, a horned rabbit jumping right at me and I slash at it in retaliation. At least I kill it before it can do anything, thankfully. Honestly I thought it’ll be super terrifying, also I just realized I could’ve just use magic this whole time, I still have some knowledge about it after all…

...

“[Amber]” A small fire then appeared in front of me and fly forward and hit a tree… oh no. I think I may just cause a forest fire. Let’s get out of this part.

*Run*

Better run!

*Growl*

Oh crap more wolfs! There’s two and they’re running toward me. Better think of something fast.

*Lunge* *Stab*

I just lunge forward and stab the first wolf right in the eye, I just realized these two doesn’t have a horn, maybe they’re weaker? I could feel the other rushing toward me, so I turn with my sword in hand.

*Slash*

And slash it as I was turning to face it, both of them are killed, that much I can say, and by me, and they’re dead, need to make sure of that, I think I should check my levels at this point.

[Status]

 

Level: 9 

Class: Student + Demon Lord

HP: 1,769/1,769

MP: 145/145

Strength: 132

Magic Prowess: 143

Dexterity: 121

Agility: 120

Luck: 129

Vitality: 135

Magic Resistance: 137

 

That was a big boost for certain, I think Kaa-san told me to use the student class until I gain 10 levels, I gained 8 so far, only two more. I should also try out magic more. Can’t just relied on my sword.

“[Spark]” As I said that a small spark came out of my hand, but didn’t reach anything, I could definitely do something way better than this.

“… [Thunder]” A line of electricity then came out a hit a tree nearby, this is more of what I want to do, alright, let’s see how they deal with this! Clenching my hand confidently and walk around hoping to find something to test my magic on that isn’t plants. Oh look there’s a river over there… I can see a bear there. Let’s do this!

“[Thunder]!” I let out the electricity from my palm and blast them into the water and shock the bear.

*Roar*

I don’t think it immediate killed it, but maybe some fish in there, there are some monster fish and regular fish in there. Speaking of which I should keep in mind the difference between animals and monsters as well, since they’ll probably have some distinction… I think monsters can naturally use mana while most animals can’t, I think that’s one of the key differences. Well I can think about that later.

*Dash*

“Haaaa!”

*Slash*

… Done. It’s dead. Time to check my level.

[Status]

 

Level: 14

Class: Student + Demon Lord

HP: 2,347/2,347

MP: 178/178

Strength: 164

Magic Prowess: 174

Dexterity: 157

Agility: 153

Luck: 164

Vitality: 169

Magic Resistance: 171

 

Alright, time to finally change class. Let’s see my option.

[Class Check]

 

Current Class: Student (13) + Demon Lord (13)

Obtained Class: Student (13)

Unlockable Class: Novice Swordsman, (Varied) Mage

 

[Appraisal]

 

Novice Swordsman

Growth Boost: 3/1/4/1/4/4/2/1/1

Learnable Traits/Abilities: (None)

Equip Bonus: Boost to sword proficiency growth.

 

Mage

Growth Boost: 2/2/1/4/3/2/2/1/3

Learnable Traits/Abilities: (None)

Equip Bonus: Minor boost to all proficiency elemental growth/Boost to the selected element proficiency growth.

 

What should I choose?... Would be nice if there’s a samurai or ronin class somewhere, maybe later on after I gain some level and proficiency, which I guess is how good you’re with stuff I guess? I’ll choose regular mage I guess, I think elements are super important overall.

[Class Check]

 

Current Class: Mage (0) + Demon Lord (13)

Obtained Class: Student (13) Mage (0)

Unlockable Class: Novice Swordsman

 

Alright, time to fight some more, feeling a lot better after actually killing stuff. Time to do some more!

 

#####

<2 hours later>

 

I have been fighting for quite a long time now, I may have use my hands for fighting or stuff lying on the ground, I mean my sword still works, just wanna try stuff out.

[Status]

 

Level: 29

Class: Mage + Demon Lord

HP: 3,572/3,572

MP: 297/297

Strength: 301

Magic Prowess: 317

Dexterity: 294

Agility: 290

Luck: 297

Vitality: 304

Magic Resistance: 313

 

Title: [Demon Lord] [Special Reincarnation] [Merged Being] [Otherworldly Soul] [Demon Lord’s Soul] [The Alternate 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓]

Race Trait: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Intimidation] [Longevity] [Night Vision]

Special Trait: [Accelerated Growth] [EXP Boost (Human)]

Special Ability: [Casualty Alteration] [Synchronization: 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓ (Locked)]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: D+

Brawl: E

Hidden Weapon: E+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: D

Cold: D

Water: D

Lightning: D+

Wind: D+

Earth: D

Light: D+

Dark: C

Life: D

Death: D

Mind: D

 

[Class Check]

 

Current Class: Mage (15) + Demon Lord (28)

Obtained Class: Student (13) Mage (15)

Unlockable Class: Novice Swordsman, Red Mage

 

A new class pops up, let’s check it out.

[Appraisal]

 

Red Mage

Growth Boost: 2/2/2/4/3/2/2/2/3

Learnable Traits/Abilities: (None)

Equip Bonus: Minor boost to all proficiency growth.

 

So it’s just better mage, guess I’ll use that. Anyway how long will I have to do this? Hm? I think I saw another bear over there.

*Dash* *Slash*

And it’s dead in just one slash, yeah I am way too strong at this point. Not that it mattered, have to fight some more until I can go home.

*Flap*

“Huh?” I let out a sound in confusion. I look up to find Mom… am I to go back now?

“Mom?” I said.

“Good job surviving in here, as I thought this forest isn’t a match for you” Mom said to me, I’m not sure if being confident in that sort of thing is a good idea.

“Oh… thank you Mom” I said still perplexed by her sudden appearance.

“Alright, time to go back and train your skill”

*Grab*

“Oh no” I quietly whispered to myself.

 

#####

 

It’s quite terrifying honestly, even if she’s gripping me so hard, now we’re somewhere near the castle along with Kaa-san.

“Alright, time for more education… oh you got the red mage class already. Well aside from that time to know more about the elements, and to learn about the ever useful [Item Box]!” Kaa-san said in a rather hammy tone, good thing I don’t go to school or otherwise parent meeting would be a nightmare.

“Maova, you saw how the sword came out of nowhere right?” Mom asked in a more sensible tone.

*Nod*

“It came from [Item Box], a space for storing items that isn’t affected by time, using the rare element called space, it’s extremely convenient” I see, it’s that one convenient ability character in this kind of story have, so it existed.

“You really only need rank E+ space to obtain it, and we’ll help you with that! Time for a long lecture and practice!” Kaa-san said full of theatric. This is gonna be tiresome.

 

#####

 

“Pretty close to getting it, just practice just a little more” Kaa-san said to me as I try to distort space, using magic to shift the space I concentrated on, the area will look warped. Both of them are observing me right now…

“Try to will the blade into your possession or something along that line” Mom said in a calm tone…

Ah! It worked! The sword disappeared!... Now time to make it appeared…

And it’s back! It’s easy after the first time I’d say.

“Good job!” Kaa-san said while putting her hand together and smile. I’m not sure how to feel about this.

“Commendable” Mom said. 

“Alright! Lesson ended for today, from my side anyway, do you want to train her swordsmanship dear?” Kaa-san said, directing her question at Mom. I really want to say something right now.

“Kaa-san! I want a katana!” I interrupted her question for that. She then turn around to look at me.

“Oh, I can make one for you later, guess if she wants to practice that kind of blade then I think maybe we should stop right now, sorry dear but I guess there’s no swordsmanship lesson today” Kaa-san said with a jolly tone.

“Well that’s fine, we can have lessons another time, go get some needed rest” Mom said and she walked away.

“I’ll get going as well, make sure to rest up properly” Kaa-san said and she also walked away. I guess this is it for today, some exposition on the World System, fighting for the first time, and the oh so convenient [Item Box]. Alright, time to get some sleep and continue these lessons at another time. After this is over maybe I can go on my own adventure and find my purpose, maybe find something exciting, something to take back home, well that’s still far into the future, shouldn’t worried about that for now.

Who knows how long it’ll take for them to finish training me, but after all of that is done, my real adventure will began.

38