Book 0: Chapter 9: Lord: Flying Time Flying Wyverns
1.4k 0 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Yawn*

Yesterday was quite… eventful I suppose, a ton of expositioning on a rather complicated system, being thrown into a forest to fend for myself, and practice what is considered one of the rarest magic. Hopefully nothing as bad will happen today, but that’s really just wishful thinking. I think I’ll stay in the bed for now, waiting for them to arrive. I hope Kaa-san actually bring a katana along, or a lot of it if possible, after all katana isn’t exactly known for their endurance.

Okay I should pondering on something else to pass time now, let’s see… the memories of my past lives are still there, but it’s kind of… vague to say the least, the information is there, but any personal events related to me specifically seems to get left out or blurred, I mean… I’m glad for it, no longer have to worry about anything I left behind, absolutely no memories about any of them, totally none, and any atrocities I might have committed as the Demon Lord back then, I’m not exactly a nice person I certainly know that, not a paragon or a helpful soul or anything like that, but I’m still a person with a conscience, I’m sure whatever I have done before the merge is not pretty, and I don’t want to recount them if possible, I’m my own person, not a generic doomsday villain or something like that that only exists to get killed in the end. I really don’t want to think about the past, of course that means there’s not much to think about, I still really don’t know much about this world, and I don’t know the situation outside aside from the fact that this place is not exactly rainbows and sunshines… aside from those things there’s also me getting into combat, even if people outside doesn’t recognize me as a vampire, let alone the Demon Lord, I’ll most likely still get into some troubles, like a lot of it, probably a bunch of bandits and monsters, gonna have to be strong enough to kill them all, I would say repel for the bandits but I’m not that nice, they deserved to die, I mean some do it out of necessity but let’s just pretend I’m putting them out of their misery. Anyway I should have some sort of goal in mind, like what class am I going to be and such, my stats right now is high in everything, especially HP, my speed seems low but that’s only because my other stats are so high, my luck seems genuinely low however, also I think I might as well go with the magic fighter type class, since I’m good at everything anyway, should ask Kaa-san or Mom later about how am I supposed to get the advanced version of this type of class, I’m sure all I need to do is use more magic and sword and all that, but maybe there’s a secret class that needs me to do something completely arbitrary and really random that only the luckiest of the schmucks can discover, but hopefully that won’t be the case. 

I’m just gonna nap then, nothing else to really think about.

...

 

#####

 

*Open*

“Alright!… Oh you’re still sleeping? Well, take your time, I’ll wait outside” Kaa-san said, walking out and leave the door open, my physique is still way too small to do things like opening doors, I mean I can, but I have to tip toe it and it’s really annoying. Anyway it’s time to wear something else, there’s a small black shirt, shorts, and undergarments in the closet, it’s not a lot to choose from, and by that I mean literally two if the one I’m wearing right now counts. Well it’s time to change and began the lessons. Should ask Kaa-san for more clothes soon, something better than this.

 

#####

 

*Zoom*

“Alright we’re here!” Kaa-san said after she teleport us to the same field as last time. Mom is carrying me right before now, and now she put me down and put some distance between us… what are we doing?

“It’s time for you to learn about [Blood Art], the ability exclusive to our kind, I’m sure you know by now that blood act as out food source, it’s also everywhere as well, humans, demi-humans, demons, monsters, animals, you named it, if it’s moving then they most likely have blood, the rule for using [Blood Art] is rather simple, like magic you use command to activate it, the general rule is that you need to put the word blood somewhere in your command and of course you have to will yourself into channeling the blood you consumed to use it as well, and one thing that needed to be known about [Blood Art] is its demerit, lingering thirst of blood, even if we didn’t consume much blood during [Blood Art] the thirst for blood will be there, it’s not really an issue if you have [Item Box] and you store blood in there, so one more reason to practice and expand the [Item Box], anyway, [Blood Art] is extremely powerful, I suppose Yeig already told you about the crater’s origin right?” That’s quite a long explanation, but I can wrapped my head around it, it’s powerful, use both the word blood and actual blood, [Item Box] is still important, also I know about the crater already.

*Nod*

“Good, I managed that by using [Blood Art], it can be use in place of pretty much any other magic, it can be used to amplify one’s power for a short while, to summon a giant meteor, form a weapon or torture device, it’s a very versatile skill that can do almost anything” So it’s an overpowered ability basically. I get the idea of how it works, guess I have to try it?

“So should I try something?” I asked. 

“That’s what we are here for, I’ll go first then” Mom said as she-

*Flap* *Fly*

Fly high up in the sky and raise her opened hand to the sky.

“[Blood Javelin]” That’s what I heard, the suddenly a giant blood red spear appeared above her, she then make a motion downward and at this point I know full well what will happen.

*Drop* *Crash*

The giant spear crash into the earth and break the grounds around it, creating a hole full of cracks, compared to the massive crater nearby this is very tame, but it’s still really scary. To think I can do that eventually after some training… really frightening. 

*Drop*

She dropped down and demanifest her wings, speaking of which when will I get to do that?

“Time for you to try” Easier said than done, I’m really not certain if it’ll work or not, but I’ll wing it somehow,

“[Blood Slash]!” I said and suddenly-

*Slash*

A trail of hardened blood travel in an arc downward, in front of Mom, and slash her right there… but it has no effect, she’s just too strong to be affected. Seems like this kind of thing really need a clear target before activating it. Ah! I should apologize for something so dangerous just now!

*Bow*

“I’m sorry!” I apologetically and frantically said,

“It’s fine” Mom said without much thought. Okay I thought I might get scold or something like that, thank god that’s not the case… actually do god even existed? I mean these crazy people exist so it should be plausible… no let’s not think about that right now… so what’s next?

“If it wasn’t me and some random person they will certainly die, so be careful” Mom said coldly, so am I being scolded or not?

“Anyway enough of that, you can go practice that later, now it’s time for you to do chantless magic!” … Excuse me? What did Kaa-san just said?

“Chantless?” I said, stupefied.

“Yep, such a thing is possible after all, all you need is really good mana manipulation, time to practice!” This is gonna be tough and really long I can tell, and really long a tedious…

“Also we’re still doing the putting you into the wilderness so expect to do that again later” This is gonna suck isn’t it? I was hoping for something lighter today but I got the opposite instead!

“Ah by the way here’s your katana” Kaa-san suddenly bring one out of nowhere and give it to me, thank you but please don’t make the training harsh… 

 

#####

 

… It’s been a long time since I start doing this… Am I really supposed to do this everyday for an hour? So boring…

Seriously, what’s with this meditation thing? Isn’t this more of a martial arts thing? Whatever, just have to focus, I have never seem Kaa-san mad before, and I don’t want to see it.

“Okay I think you’re doing enough for today” Kaa-san suddenly declared, good, I was getting pretty tired of it.

“Phew!” I let out a sound of relief, and lay down on the floor, to think being homeschooled can be so tiresome, well, not like this is a usual homeschool anyway, so I don’t actually know what the one in the modern world will be like, anyway I feel like I was going to ask her something and forget… oh! The class!

“Mom! What are advanced all around classes I can get!” That should be what I aimed for.

“Well there’s more than a few, considering you use a katana and use magic as well… I actually have no idea, just keep using both and it’ll appear eventually, I got nothing!” Kaa-san said with a smile as always despite not being able to provide me with anything, it’s more surprising to find out she doesn’t know something honestly.

 

#####

 

“Okay now spread out your wings, time to fly” … Right now the three of us is at the top of the castle, and Mom said that to me, when at this point I have no idea how am I supposed to do so.

“Sweetie pie I don’t think she knows how to yet” Kaa-san said to Mom.

“And that’s why we’re making her learn now!” Whoa! A wave of power just push me offfffff! How am I supposed to-

*Splat*

 

#####

 

“Here I thought you’ll get it in one go” That was cruel… why did she do something like that?

“Don’t you care if I fall and die?” I asked, I’m really hurt right now, both physically and mentally.

“I know you’ll survive, no need to be so worry, then again that might be why your fight or flight response didn’t go off” That’s definitely not it at all…

“Please teach me properly Mom” I said, still sad and exasperated.

“Okay fine, just spread out your wings and try to move it around, you should be able to fly after a bit of practice” Okay that’s more natural way of teaching and such but how am I supposed to pull of my wings in the first place?

“But how do I manifest the wings?” I asked.

“Just try it” ...Can’t she possibly give me a better instruction? This is real life and not some plot hole retcon inducing story of light and darkness or whatever. I can’t just do it just because.

“Please a hint or two” I asked, maybe like a tingling feeling in the back or something, anything so I can actually do what she wants me to do. She looks at me quite frustrated.

“Just try to focus your energy or whatever while thinking about you wings I suppose, like hell do I actually know how any of this works, like trying to imagine it and what? Just manifest your mana into a shape of wings? It’s not that simple since anyone with good enough mana manipulation can also do that, those with [Wings Manifestation] trait can do it without much effort or thinking I guess, like I said I’m no expert and thinking and explaining things” She said that but she ramble on quite a while there, isn’t she just self-deprecating herself then? Or just oblivious? Well at least I got some sort of clue on how this works I guess.

 

#####

 

*Flap*

And I did it! I can’t really see what the wings look like though, maybe it’s like Mom’s… hm? Kaa-san suddenly give me a mirror, guess I can look at the wings now… it’s a pair black raven wings? That’s strange, one wouldn’t expect a vampire to have a feathered wings, I mean there is this one fictional vampire with wings with crystals hanging to it so what do I know, it’s not really a big deal I suppose, just strange.

“Alright, time for you to practice flying” Mom said.

*Flap*

I can definitely move it around, but I don’t think it’s at a level where I can fly just yet, guess I have to practice this for quite a long while.

 

#####

 

I actually managed it! Flying off the ground a little, I can’t really do it for long.

“Tomorrow I’ll drop you off from a very high altitude, better practice this well before then” …

 

#####

 

*Drop*

I can’t believe she’s actually doing thisssss!!!

*Flap* *Flap* *Flap*

Please workkkkkk!!!

*Flap* *Flap* *Flap*

… Phew! I actually managed it… by a hair, I’m like two or three seconds away from hitting the ground… 

*Flap* *Flap* *Flap*

I have to get used to this or she’ll definitely do this again. I really have to practice this and be good at it, admittedly flying is fun but I feel more motivated by nothing getting killed by her at this point, which I know is exaggerating but still.

*Smack* *Crash*

“Stop getting lost in thoughts and try moving around more” …And you smack me downward right into the ground, what kind of mother do this? I know it doesn’t hurt much but damn, the ground cracked. Is this gonna be a daily routine?

 

#####

 

It’s been how long exactly? A year? Yeah a year. Anyway, after a year of training and physical abuse I certainly grow a lot stronger, certainly nowhere near Mom, let alone Kaa-san, but still, maybe I’ll be considered an overpowered protagonist, then again not like anyone else aside those two are watching me anyway. Also I look around ten at this point, I grow really really fast. Anyway this day is no different from the rest I think?

“Maova” Mom suddenly walk into my room all of a sudden.

“W-What is it?” I nervously asked.

“You have certainly grow stronger over the year, and I think it’s time to change your training location” It’s been a forest then a mountain, where else could she put me?

“Where?” I cautiously asked.

“Drahkain Mountain, you might noticed a giant and intimidating mountain that seems endless is height, that’s where you’ll go, it’s full of dangerous monsters and dragons” ...Is she serious? No way…

“Mom… are you serious?” I asked.

“Yes, completely serious” She said it so seriously. How am I supposed to survive?

 

#####

 

*Roar*

Seriously… there’s a red wyvern in front of me, another one not that far away, and I think I saw a blue one higher up over there? I really have to pull out all the stops, before coming here Kaa-san said they’re very resilient in general, and resist ailments and debuffs, so those are no good. My katana most likely won’t do anything unless I hit it somewhere without the scales.

*Breaths*

Ah! Fire breath! Dangerous! I almost got burn there! I need to try something out.

*Fly* *Lunge* *Stab*

Charging into its eye and stab it seems to work pretty well, I think I should stay in the air, these wyverns will certainly fly away given the chance, might as well stay in the air. It’s nowhere near death just yet, but I have to-

*Swing* *Evade*

Whoa! It almost clawed me there! More agile than I expected but certainly not enough! [Dark Bullet].

*Bam*

Doesn’t look like it did much, time for another technique then. [Blade of Darkness]! 

*Dim*

Maybe this’ll do something. Dark matter swirling around and strengthen the katana should make it able to pierce its skin.

*Slash* *Roar*

I did a diagonal slash and it seems pretty effective, it roaring in pain like that, well then, guess I’ll go on the offensive!

*Slash* *Slash* *Slash*

It can’t seem to maneuver around my attacks at all, then again I did stand it in the eye, it can’t see that well so it can’t anticipate attack so well, also attack back of course. Seems like I was way too scared at first, I mean considering who I am they really shouldn’t be a problem, after all my kind is about the same level as them, and I have a ton of cheats on top of that.

*Roar* *Roar*

Crap, two more joined the fight, the extra red one and the blue one I saw earlier, this is no good, well, nothing for it!

“[Blood Boost]!” I can feel my power rising my a large amount, along with my darkness enchanted blade, I’ll cut through them all!

 

#####

 

How many did I kill? More than those three for sure, but I’m really tired, I might’ve drink the wyvern’s blood and cure my fatigue, but I think I’m done with being here for now, there’s very little breathing room… 

… 

…Now that I think about it how do I even know if I’m done with this place? Mom usually come to pick me up but she’s not here yet sooooo… guess I’ll have to stay here for a while.

 

#####

 

Finally she came!

“Seems like you did well, let’s go back, you deserve a rest” Mom said, despite her frequent drill sergeant attitude she’s certainly not sadistically and unnecessarily cruel, though if possible I really want her to tone it down. Time to go back and do more of this for the time to come.

 

#####

 

Training in the wild overall was really frightening with all the wyverns about, but now I have a feeling it’ll get way worse… today.

“I’ll bring you to the higher level of the mountain, prepare to fight dragons” Mom said nonchalant… why did my feeling have to be correct?

 

#####

 

*Slash* *Roar*

“Haaa… Haaa… Haaa” I can only pant being exhausted as I am right now… I really need a breather…hm? Is that a cave over there? Is that… 

… 

...I’ll pretend I didn’t see that and go on my way, probably just seeing thing anyway, no way what I saw is correct right?... I’ll just go look for somewhere else to take a break then. If my sense of time is correct it’ll be a long time before Mom or Kaa-san come to pick me up, if this doesn’t get easier over time I’ll probably beg them to stop, but thankfully it does get easier, though I would say it feels like they’re rushing a bit, at least when it comes to training.

 

#####

 

A long time have passed since I began training, and maybe it’ll continue for a few years longer, but I’ll definitely came out on the other end someone strong and knowledgeable, someone able to stand up for myself.

41