Book 1: Chapter 2: Rose: Awaken Melancholy
1.2k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Flashback Start>

 

...Where did I go wrong? Why did everything end in a failure? I try my best, I try the best I could… but I never managed to accomplish anything… why? Why does nothing work? My whole life… have been to appease my family, I want their warmt… I want them to acknowledge me… that’s all I ever wanted, a complete family, one that everyone is happy and care for each other… those two, they never seem to care… nothing I ever did is good enough, nothing is ever good enough, they treated me coldly, and every time I done something wrong they would punish me severely, I did my best to not cry, to not show any emotion, it’s a sign of weakness, I don’t want them to see me as weak and incompetent, my whole life is for one purpose, to continue their lineage, and I tried my best, but nothing worked… my life is cold, oh so cold, the only warmth I have ever felt is her… but that will be taken from me if I don’t try my best, I will be driven out without question, and I know that time will come soon if I don’t do something, if I don’t redeem myself, then it’ll be my end… 

 

#####

 

“Please no! Please stop!!! Give me one more chance!!!” I pleaded, I don’t want to go, I want to be able to prove myself! Just one more time! Just once!

“You failure have no place here! Begone!” The despicable voice I have to heard all my life said so to me… so this will be my end…

*Zoom*

…Where am I? A forest?...I’m not dead?

*Growl*

A giant wolf… I see… so this is how… it’ll end… I wasn’t spared at all… such thoughts probably never cross her mind… this will truly where it‘ll all end…

*Leap* *Chomp*

“AHHHHH!!!” Pain!... so painful… my body is being torn… it hurts… I can’t… take it… any… longer…

My neck is being grabbed… my head feels clear… my pain subsiding… what is going on? Am I dead?... I open my eyes to see someone… I have never saw before… blue eyes, dark raven hair, very white skin… someone who looked at me with eyes of someone… mysterious…

“H-Huh?” I let out a voice, confused by the appearance of this person… I can feel something encroaching on me… a glimpse of darkness… is what I saw…

“Everything is going to be fine” She said in a calming tone…

*Smack*

Pain…

I felt… pain all over… my body… I don’t understand… what’s going on… anymore…

...

 

<Flashback End>

 

Ugh… where am I? What happened to me?... Was it all a dream?... huh? Pink hair? What is this? My skin feels a bit different… why does everything feels so much clearer now? What happened to me? What is this place? A house? I can see the outside, it’s the forest… most likely the same one I ended up in earlier… but how come there’s a house in a place like this?... Hm? There’s a mirror over there… what is this? Is this me? A beautiful girl with light pink hair and pink eyes… wearing these unusual clothes… how is that me? That doesn’t make any sense, did that woman did something to me? Can something like this even be done? I’m so confused, completely perplexed I would say… I’m not dreaming am I?... I can see clearly, I can feel when my body is being touched, so this is most likely not a dream… but I look so different from before… will anyone even recognize me?... There must be some answer to this madness, there should be… maybe the next room will have some answer… I saw a table, there’s a few items on it, a water container, a sword, and a few potions I believe? There’s a letter as well, who wrote this to me I wonder? There’s also a tablet of some kind, maybe a magic tool? I can’t really be certain, I might as well sit down and read the letter, it’s pretty long, in fact it’s multiple pages, and it must be important for me to understand what is going on as well.

Hey there, if you read this then I have most likely went somewhere else, so don’t look for me. You must have a lot of questions regarding yourself, your current state of being and everything that came along with it, you were abandoned in the forest at the mercy of a hungry wolf, no doubt you remembered that much, perhaps you remembered my face as well, but that’s beside the point, what important is what you are right now, you’re no longer human.

Huh? I’m not a human anymore?... But I look like a human as far as I can see, no horns, tail, or anything strange looking part sticking out, she’s not messing with me is she? At least the way this is written she should be the same person engulfing me in the darkness, whatever that actually was. Well I should read further…

You might look completely the same as humans, in fact none of your demonic nature is apparent.

D-Did she is write demonic? Is this… figurative? No I shouldn’t think like that! Just keep reading.

I make sure to remove your horns and tail, the change to your appearance other than that wasn’t related to the race itself so no one should noticed what you actually are, the unique variation of the demon of lust.

Demon of lust? Succubus? Incubus? How can that possibly be true? Like there’s anyway to actually prove that… right? What am I even worried about? There’s nothing ahead of me anyway, at least as far as I know.

There’s something else that is quite convenient and you should know about, the World System, I’m certain you have heard about the Divine Calendar already, and how the date can be known by the means of divination, World System is similar in that it’ll show you certain detail usually not easily seen, it show your strength in certain aspect and your proficiency with weapons and elements, as well as your general information such as your race and age, or even name, and it can be use to gauge the other’s information as well, so sorry about that.

…So a system similar to the Divine Calendar that show your strength and… can be used by other to see yours? What does she know about it from me if this actually existed? I don’t really get it all…

The tablet can show you how it worked, or simply consciously thought using Appraisal on yourself or Status, regardless you should try it out before reading further.

The tablet, what should I do with this thing? Maybe… put my hand on it?

 

Name: Reese Gretaliza

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zurora

 

Level: 12

Class: Novice Swordsman

HP: 1,122/1,122

MP: 133/133

Strength: 98

Magical Prowess: 100

Dexterity: 81

Agility: 89

Luck: 80

Vitality: 94

Magical Resistance: 95

 

Race Trait: [Human Consumption] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Lust Eater] [Lust Magic] [Dream Walker]

Special Trait: [EXP Boost] [Growth Boost]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: E+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Light: E

Life: E

Mind: E

Space: D

 

Ah… is that… what she meant? I can sort of figure out how each stats work for the most part, I’m not really sure what HP and MP stands for though… also Zurora… what is that? Also my name is shown as well… what’s with these skill? Wings? Consumption? Lust? Dream? Boost? Is there any explanation for any of this?

You must be confused with a bunch of terms popping up after using the tablet or the commands, regardless of what you’ve used you certainly must have questions about this system or what each terms stand for, most stats are self-explanatory, HP is your life force, with the number on the right being the maximum capacity and the left being your current amount, MP your mana capacity, with the right and left functioning just like with HP, luck is a bit of a weird stat that you don’t have to think about. Race trait are traits or abilities of your current race, while special trait is something you as an individual inherently have, your special traits are simple, when combined your ability to become stronger is significantly improved, as for your race traits, the Human Consumption essentially means you’ll gain some strength by eating humans and also heals your HP and MP, of course you don’t have to do it but it’s recommended, and you have a taste for their flesh anyway, you can even eat them raw if you can’t be bothered to prepare it.

...Wha? T-There’s no way that’s true right? How can that… wha? No! I should keep reading and worry all about that later!

Of course you can still eat normal food. Longevity means you’ll stay youthful, essentially eternal life as you cannot die of old age, the regenerations traits mean that you’ll recover your wounds and mana supplies relatively quickly, wings manifestation allowed you to grow out wings to fly, thankfully these wings won’t destroy your clothes when manifested, as for the lust traits and the dream walker they’re what you would expected from a succubus, overall you’re much stronger than before, still look like a human and technically can passes of as one, or you can try out some demonic things and become stronger or simply to enjoy yourself, regardless of what you are to do with your new self it is none of my business, I know that from how you’re abandoned in that forest it means that people certainly doesn’t take you kindly, and now with a new appearance and abilities I hope you can find happiness in what is essentially a new life, you can discard your old name and your house name as well if you like, in fact I have come up with one for yourself, Rosia Zana, that’s the new name I have come up for you, use it or not is your choice, but I hope you can find a better life nonetheless. I know changing you was a drastic measure, but I know you can become better because of it, you were plagued with a terrible curse, one that I have dispelled already, one of incompetence, I do not know how it came to be or why do you have it, but that curse must have cause you to ended up here, suffering to the very end, well you don’t have to worry about that anymore, just live life as you please and have fun.

…I don’t understand… why would she… did all of this to me? And how? Just why?... On a failure like me… who can’t do anything… Curse? Demon? New name? I’m not sure what to make of all of that… at this point I really have no idea what I am to do… with everything this letter explains… maybe I should just… stay here and sort out everything I just read… yeah, let’s do that, is there anything else written down? What about her name? Is it written down?

Yours truly, Demon Lord

…I’m just going to ignore that for now, at this point that’s probably one of the things I have to worry about the least, let’s look at other part of the letter.

In order to manifest your wings you have to concentrate on your mana into your back, at least that’s the best explanation I could give, perhaps this will cleanse your doubt of your demonic nature.

…Perhaps I should try it out later, what else is written here?

Your clothes and that set of armor is enchanted with self-repair, self-cleanse, and auto-fit, so you don’t have to worry about getting a new set of clothes or armor, also the sword you’re given will repair itself as well, so no need to worry about weapons and clothes unless you want to use other weapons.

I haven’t heard of such a convenient item before… is that really a thing? Maybe I would know later on once I used them long enough. Let’s see what else…

I don’t know if you know or not, but space magic is extremely rare and I have gift you with the ability to use it, though at low rank you can’t really use much aside from item box, which is an ability to store your item in a separate space that only you can access.

That’s also way too convenient isn’t it? Maybe I should try with this sword… 

… 

It’s gone… can I even summon it back? Let’s try…

Alright that worked, could’ve been bad if I can’t pull it out, but seriously this is such a convenient skill. That explains the amount of items yet nothing to hold it, since I really don’t it… but space magic… as far as I know it’s a very rare element to possess, how come I have it? Did that person gift it to me? She must be really powerful to be able to possess that kind of element, then again considering she can turn me into whatever I am now, perhaps it’s not too far fetched… her possibly being the Demon Lord isn’t out of the question either, anyway I should continue reading.

Aside from these information I don’t have much else to add, the only World System command that you have to worry about is appraisal and status, your demonic nature isn’t something that is naturally displayed so no worries there, everything else should be rather easy to manage, well, have fun I suppose, Rosia Zana, or whatever name you wish to be called.

And that’s the rest of the message… Rosia Zana… I might as well go with that, like anyone will recognize me anymore anyway, let’s consider this a new chance for me and try to do things on my own accord, I’m not sure what I should do, but I should be able to figure it out soon enough… I have no idea what I should do on my own at all, this is honestly frightening.

37