Book 1: Chapter 3: Lord: Genocidal Rescue
1.2k 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m sure she’s going to be fine. At this point I’m just wandering around in this forest without any particular aim, I suppose I can go look out for any dungeons or some sort of legendary creatures, but honestly I have no idea where those kind of thing can be at, this place have many varied animals and monsters, with the levels fluctuating a lot, this is certainly not somewhere anyone could just enter and get out alive, all the more reason to believe that girl was abandoned here to die, not that humans most likely know about the state of this forest, but I reckon they know about how and mysterious this place is, and it’s a perfect place to spirited people to, at this point the sun is still shining brightly, probably around midday at this point. Anyway if I somehow got lost or loop back somehow I can just easily pull out the GPS map thing, taking detour is part of the fun in adventure after all, no need to go to a set destination.

Well even if I said that there’s not much to a near never ending forest, it’s pretty ridiculous how massive this whole place actually is. I’ll just have to walk around some more.

*Growl* *Slash* *Crumble*

…Perhaps I shouldn’t act on reflex, that wolf and tree both got slice in half… would be bad if I ended up doing that to anyone else, now time to walk along and hope something interesting happened.

 

#####

 

Now this is peculiar, a flower blooming without any tree blocking it, seems kinda way too suspicious, maybe this is a rare flower of some kind?... I mean I have never seen this kind of flower before, but then again what does a former loser like me know, could just be a perfectly normal flower… as if that’s the case anyway what the heck is that thing.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: -

Gender: -

Age: 4 (Weeks)

Race: Lewisia

 

Level: 1

Class: -

HP: 9/9

MP: 4/4

Strength: 1

Magical Prowess: 1

Dexterity: 1

Agility: 1

Luck: 2

Vitality: 2

Magical Resistance: 2

 

Title: [Special Reincarnation] [Otherworldy Soul]

 

…So someone managed to be reincarnated as a flower, talk about bad luck, didn’t even reincarnated as a humanoid or anything that can move, how pitiable, does this thing even have a conscious or self-awareness at this point? I walk closer to inspect the thing, honestly I’m not sure how to proceed, even if I take it back somewhere… like that’ll accomplish anything, perhaps it could grow into a different species? Doesn’t seems unlikely, but maybe if I… would it even work? Maybe… it might… I put my hand around the plant and let the corruption run its course, perhaps with this it might be able to do something and have a mind of its own…

Let’s check if that’s the case, I can’t see anything outwardly different about it, but maybe if I appraise it again?

[Appraisal]

 

Name: -

Gender: -

Age: 4 (Weeks)

Race: Demonic Lewisia

 

Level: 1

Class: -

HP: 20/20

MP: 16/16

Strength: 3

Magical Prowess: 4

Dexterity: 1

Agility: 1

Luck: 6

Vitality: 5

Magical Resistance: 5

 

Title: [Special Reincarnation] [Otherworldy Soul]

 

Well its stats have increased significantly… when compared anyway, nothing noteworthy really happened, maybe if I wait for a while for it to grow further then maybe something interesting will happened, but that’s unlikely, and I sure am not going to carry this thing around everywhere, not like I can just store it away either, this thing have a soul after all. Well maybe I could just use earth magic along with wind or space to make it hover by my side or something, not that I have actually tried something like that, I might as well experiment with magic and go from there, alright! Let’s do this!... Where do I start… I mean earth magic, at least offensive one, tends to hover already, let’s try something. 

*[Earth Bullets]* 

These do certainly float-

*Dissipate*

Ah… the bullet dissipate into nothing, kinda have to expected that considering the earth bullets literally came from mana, it returned to it as well, other elements like water and fire came to be without dispersing back into mana because it’s a result of mana causing the reaction and create those elements instead of having mana imitate the element, wind is easy to use because it’s all already around us and can be used for flight and such, it’s pretty much a substitute for space magic if you think about it, a poor man substitute but a substitute nonetheless, anyway I should try using wind magic as well then… like is there a levitate skill or not, I mean there should be one, but before that.

*Dig*

I should dig up the flower first, then mold the earth and make sure it won’t crumble.

*[Earth Reinforcement]*

Now I just need to find a way to make it move by my command, either make the earth it’s on a golem of some kind, like making it move on its own… now that I think about it since there’s a soul inside that plant anyway, can’t I just make the golem and have it plant on it or something like that? Then again making it float around might be better, so it doesn’t trip of get ambushed by something… more than a few options available to me that’s for sure… might as well go with the original plan, I should try levitating the earth, what wind magic would I use though? Wind magic naturally allow things to float, but that simply isn’t enough, if it’s a spell that can easily went out of control or have way too much input the flower will definitely be destroyed and that go against my plan, I need some sort of protective related magic, like a barrier… ah, that’s a thing isn’t it?

*[Wind Barrier]*

Yeah this might work, a small wind barrier around this flower and make it levitate by manipulating the mana used to create it. Alright! I think I make it worked! Now I need to move it around and make sure I have control over this…

No incident so far and I don’t really feel drained from this at all, seems like my plan is a success, no space magic required, now time to move on while making sure this thing doesn’t float off somewhere… alright time to move!

 

#####

 

No incident so far, and nothing noteworthy actually happened this past… hour? Yeah roughly an hour, just a few weak monsters and animals that approached me, now I’m still moving along and I’m not sure if this flower is aware of what’s going on right now, I look back and it doesn’t seem like it’ll wither anytime soon, so let’s keep moving.

“Are you actually sentiment or what? Not that you can answer me anyway, just want you to think about it” I think that’s the first conversation I have with anyone outside aside from Kaa-san and Mom, and it’s with a freaking flower, well no one will know about this...

Hm? Is that a smoke? I wasn’t expecting something like that, is there a forest fire? There’s better not be any.

*Flap* *Fly*

Eh? A human settlement with fire in the middle of it? The place isn’t big and honestly are they performing some kind of cult? Maybe I should ruin their little fun and see what’s going on.

*[Water Bomb]* *Splash*

A huge ball of water fall and burst into the burning wood or something along that line, anyway maybe I should drop down and see what’s going on.

*Land*

I land and walk toward the surprised villagers, I think maybe the flower can wait on the ground for now, the barrier is still on so it should be fine, I should go and ask them what was happening.

“Hope I didn’t ruin your fun there, what were you all doing I wonder?” I said maintaining a friendly tone, the villagers are simply speechless, I look to see the pillar that was meant to be burn and saw three demi-human kids tied to it, I think I get the general idea now, and what they’re about to do… 

“Ah I see, well if it’s alright with you all, how about you forget everything and never speak of this again?” I said that somewhat jokingly considering how unlikely they’ll comply… and they surrounded me without even saying anything. Guess it’s time to put blood on the table, that and rescuing the demi-humans of course.

*Slash*

…Just that one was enough to cleave three of them in a row and give me an opening. I’m really way above them.

*Dash* *Flap* *Grab* *Fly*

I rushed in and quickly grab the log and flying away, along with the flower I moved them away from the village and place all of them there.

“Stay here and don’t try anything okay?” I said to them before taking off.

*Fly*

Now it’s time to deal with these discriminate bastards, if they won’t comply then the only option left for them is to all die here.

*Land*

“Now then all of you, any last word?” I said pointing my katana at the villagers, some were paying attention to the bisected men instead, while others look at me completely terrified, it’s pathetic to see to be honest, but that won’t change my objective.

*Beam* *Sizz*

A beam of fire launch from my katana and run through a few people and crash into a building.

*Boom*

Now people began to panic, not that I have any intention of letting any of them leave.

*Fly*

“[Blood Wall]” I use an art and the blood I consume created four walls to walled everyone in, now it’s time continue the slaughter, I might’ve used a lot of blood there but with this much humans there won’t be any shortage anytime soon. Let’s descend and get down to business, the humans seem very afraid and confused right now, some are trying to escape their imprisonment, some smacking at the wall, other trying to dig down, not that such a solution is fast enough to escape me, while others are shocked and look me descending at this moment.

*Land*

Alright, time to murder some folks, I know that this isn’t exactly a morally right kind of things, but honestly I can’t find much within myself to care for these people, no one would miss them when they’re all gone anyway.

*[Earth Spikes]*

Piercing more than a few people, the spikes made from the earth by using mana to manipulate them claim many victims, I think around ten of them got pierced, mostly the men really, not that the women and children will be spared mind you.

*Dash* *Slice* *Slash* *Slice*

Running and slice and dice in all directions, limbs fly off and blood painting the ground, obviously such a sight is not for the faint of heart for children, but since they’ll die as well as if that mattered. Even if I spare them I couldn’t care less about taking care of them.

*Slice* *Slash* *Dice*

Just slash some more, to the left to the right, a bit overhead and plenty down low, running around killing people, not a pretty image and not of a hero that much is certain, if I missed anyone I could just track them down, using either life magic to detect life force or mind magic to detect nearby emotions or brainwaves, by the way I doubt people in this age aside from Kaa-san and Mom actually know about this kind of application, so anyway I don’t see anyone else at this point, maybe some are still inside the houses, let’s brighten things up.

*[Fire Blast]* *Boom*

Most houses got caught on fire, I doubt anyone can actually survive that, I think I should use detecting magic at this point.

*[Life Detect]*

Let’s see… good deal of them are inside the house so they should be dead soon, I saw some hiding behind buildings instead, and one even climbed a tree thinking they’ll be safe, they’re dead wrong.

*Fly* *Slice*

The person and the thicket of leaves all fly off the tree as I slice them all, then of course fly to where everyone else it at, hiding somewhere behind the burning buildings. When I approach them I could easily read their expression even from high above, fear completely overwhelmed them, and not me.

*Drop* *Slash*

…Dropping and bisected a man in half, I stand up and lift my face to see many tried to run away

*[Lazer Scatter]*

Multiple small beam of hard light blast in all direction, hitting most of the surviving villagers and now only a few are left.

*Dash* *Leap* *Slice*

Running and leaping toward one of the remaining villager and cut her head clean off, I see two children nearby, I wonder why… well it’s pretty obvious why, they’ll meet her soon anyway.

*[Fire Bullets]* *Sizz*

My ears can clear hear what’s going on from start to finish, sounds of burning buildings, some mortally injured cried in agony, children screaming and with those two screaming in agony specifically, well how many are left again? Five people…

*[Lightning]* *Zap*

I think I have gone overboard already, might as well end this quickly, while the spell is called lightning it’s more like a giant beam of electricity from the sky, though there’s a magic that’s specifically that anyway, anyhow with all of them dead time to go back to those four, oh, and of course I have to collect blood here as well, I have already waste a large amount of it as is already, and I felt a bit thirsty after using that much blood to create the wall, so I think it’s time to dig in…

 

#####

 

Alright, all the blood either stored up or drinked, water and space element make collecting blood so much easier, one could put these blood into the [Item Box] without any container, but obviously it’s going to be a bit of a mess to access and drink, but that’s beside the point, time to go back to those four for real.

*Flap* *Fly*

They aren’t that far away and I sure hope they don’t actually know what I just did, it would be pretty harmful for minor like them, not that nearly being burned isn’t bad enough already, I could use mind magic but from what Kaa-san told me this element can be very impractical as their effect can leave some pretty bad side effects, like mental breakdown and such, so using it for treatment isn’t exactly recommended, anyway they’re right where I left them, not that any of them can move anyway.

*Land*

“Are you three alright?” I asked, they all look very weak without any shine in their eyes, their body is quite slim as well, maybe they haven’t eaten anything in a while. Well I don’t have any food with me and I doubt they’ll enjoy the taste of humans, I tried it once and not the most appetizing I must say, perhaps this will suffice.

“[Blood Fruit]” I chanted and a fruit of blood red appeared in my palm, this particular art is a bit of a strange one, a good source made from blood by creatures that feast on blood, it’s an art of sharing one could say, and other species aside from vampires can eat it to regain their strength, or eat it themselves if it ended up unnecessary. I walk to the three and inspect them a bit further, one is a wolf beastkin with grey hair and blue eyes, unusual for a wolf but that’s for a later time, another is a bull beastkin who is by far the smallest of them all, silver hair and brown eyes, and another is a fox, she have long reddish orange hair and yellow eyes, all of them shared one thing in common for sure, thin and weak body, somewhat shriveled, must’ve been starved for a couple days, not that I’m sure of the detail myself but they really need something to eat.

“Here, take a bite” I said holding the fruit in front of the wolf girl’s face.

*Bite*

She take a bite without hesitation, must’ve been starving for food for a long time. 

“You take one bite as well” I said to the other two, holding the fruit in front of the bull girl first.

*Bite*

And then the fox.

*Bite*

They all take a pretty big bite of the thing, there’s still some left, perhaps I should take the rest for myself.

*Bite*

The thirst from the art doesn’t exactly equates to amount of blood used, so this is enough even if it’s just a portion of the fruit. I then look back at the three and thinking of asking something.

“So what are you three doing here?” I asked… there’s definitely a moment of silence after that, not that I can blame them, suddenly being rescued by someone mysterious and handing you a fruit of blood isn’t exactly a common occurrence, but I still wants my answer before I bring them back, speaking of which maybe I could left the flower with them as well, if they’re obedient.

“W-We were trying to explore the forest… and we get lost and ended up… there” The fox explained, so they ran away from home, it’s quite impressive since this is quite far away from the settlement, must’ve been lost for a few days, perhaps that’s why they’re like that, starving without any clue on how to find food themselves, they don’t think this through at all but then again they’re young teens so it’s kind of expected, but then again it’s still a bit impressive they live and travel for a long time and quite far despite their age.

“I see, well I guess it’s time to bring you back, must’ve make everyone worried sick” I said flapping my wings and fly off the ground, levitating the flower along as well, then pick up the log the three were tied to, they look quite bewildered, it’s kind of to be expected even when I’ve already just fly them away once.

*Fly*

 

#####

 

*Flap* *Land*

I’m not really sure which part of the demi-human settlement they came from, but they’ll know more than likely.

*Cut*

I cut the rope binding them and let them free.

“T-Thank you” The wolf girl said to me while bowing down.

“No need for that, just go to your parents and friends already, want me to come along?” I said to her, I wasn’t planning on coming here specifically, but since I’m here now perhaps I could have a look at this place, the place outside the castle.

“I-Is that fine? I want to introduce you to everyone, you’re so nice and strong!” She replied with eyes widen and excitedly wagging her tail. I pat her head playfully for a bit.

“Of course, why don’t you show me where this home of your is?” I said to her and lift my hand away, she then look at the other two and all nod.

“““We certainly will!””” They all enthusiastically claimed.

31