Book 1: Chapter 4: Lord: Little Detour
1k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With them cheerfully leading me to their home, I was wondering something… are they not scared by what was about to happen to them at all? I think that sort of thing would be traumatizing to anyone, perhaps people in this world is just naturally more resilient psychologically? I doubt that’s the case but maybe I could ask them about it later on, oh and before I forget.

“Stop for a bit” I said to them and they did just that, looking back at me a bit worried.

“What is it miss?” The bull girl asked, miss… I really need to be more aware of that, I know I’m a woman now but I need to think of how people might act because of that, I mean this kind of time period seems like one would be treated very differently based on gender, though hopefully that won’t be the case, anyway I should replied now.

“I have a request for you, I want you to take care of this” I said while giving her the flower. She look back at me somewhat curiously.

“If you can I’ll call this even, how about it?” I asked, looking at them.

“Of course!” The bull girl said with a smile, maybe I should asked them for their name as well.

“Also what are your names?” I asked, I know I could just use [Appraisal] but explaining how I know their name would be a pain and might cause some confusion and misunderstanding.

“I’m Tana” The wolf girl said.

“Name’s Mani” The fox or whatever girl said.

“And I’m Ragi” The bull girl said. 

“Well nice to meet you three, Tana, Mani, and Ragi, I’m Maova. Anyway it’s time to get going, let’s see what your home is like” I said and all of them nod and start walking again. I’ll probably won’t deal with their business for long but who can say.

 

#####

 

“We’re here!” Tana said pointing at a group of shacks over there, is that a bunny girl I saw? Long black hair and brown eyes.

“Hey that’s Elisa! Let’s go greet her! It’s been so long!” Ragi said tearing up a little, maybe they really can’t shake the experience off, I mean I should’ve expected that when they’re kids separating from their home for who knows how long, not really something you could shake off, especially a kid.

“Elisa!” Tana yelled out while rushing toward the bunny girl, she turn around to saw her friends, clearly perplexed by their sudden appearance and then…

*Bump*

Gets tackled and hugged by Tana while having a stupefied look on her face, can’t exactly blame her for that with how long they have been gone if their story is accurate. We all walk to them as well, with me not rushing like those two kids.

“W-What the!?” The bunny girl Elisa let out a sound in surprise.

“I thought I’ll never see you again!” Tana said crying into her chest, then those two also joined as well in a group hug of sort, they must all be really close friend.

“The forest was dark! We have no idea where we were!” Mani said.

“We’re so glad we’re back!” Ragi said. The bunny girl didn’t reply for a while trying to process what happened, then her eyes tear up as well, raising her hands and-

*Poke* *Poke* *Poke*

Pokes their heads in, her face red and angry.

“Where have you idiots been! Explain everything clearly!” She yelled out at the three still covering their head kneeling down after they get hit. Actually where is the flower is this point… oh it’s just placed right near me, glad Ragi didn’t toss it away during this emotional scene or anything of the sort, would’ve basically mean murder, can’t exactly have that.

“““Sorry””” All three of them simultaneously said, the bunny girl then look at me and take a somewhat cautious stance, she’s quite a weary one isn’t she.

“W-Who are you?” She said while taking a defensive stance, does she think she can fight or something? Well it doesn’t really matter to me one way or another.

“Just someone passing by and guiding them back here” I casually said, she then look at the three and all of them nodded, then look back at me.

“Really?” She asked, seems like she can’t be easily convinced.

“Why else would I be here” I replied in the same casual tone…

“Thank you for bring them back” She said in a somewhat monotone voice, at least trying to sound monotone, maybe she doesn’t want to show emotions in front of a stranger? I’m not really sure about that.

“No need for that, so is this where you all live?” I said looking at the group of little homes. Tana who recovered first then look at me.

“Yeah, maybe ma and pa and here, I’ll introduce you to them” She said walking to me and grabs my arm and bring me along, Ragi then come to pick up the flower and walk along, and the other two walk along as well and we go to what I believe to be Tana’s house.

*Open*

“We’re back!” Tana loudly proclaimed and who I assumed to be her parents jumped up from their chair and rush toward their daughter’s side.

“We were so worried about you!” The big wolf man with quite a pretty and long flowing grey hair said to his kid.

“I’m so glad you’re back!” The wolf woman said to her kid. 

“I’m glad I’m back as well” Tana replied with a smile on her face. They then look at me.

“Who are you?” The wolf man asked.

“Just someone passing by, she was lost with her friends and I bring them back here” I said, I mean there’s more to the story but I don’t think we should mentioned that. 

“Is this true?” The mom asked and Tana nodded.

“Thank you for bringing them back” The father said.

“No need for thanks, I just did that because I want to” I replied.

“No need to be so modest” The mother said while gesturing me to get inside along with everyone else, then we all sit at the table, for a small building it have quite a comfortable atmosphere I must say.

“We truly appreciate you bringing them back, they have been missing for a few days and we were really concerned with their whereabouts” The father said to me.

“Like I said, there’s no need for thanks or reward” I replied, I don’t think I can really stomach being thanked for my good deeds after what I did because of it.

“Regardless isn’t there anything we could do for you?” The mother said, I mean there’s nothing in particular… aside from the flower, so there’s that.

“Ah, I gave her friend a flower for safekeeping since I discovered it while exploring, if you could help her look after it that would be appreciated” I replied, she then looked at the flower Ragi is holding then back at me.

“Of course, right dear?” She said looking at her husband.

“Certainly we can easily take that request, but is there really nothing else?” He replied and asked some more, I mean I don’t think there’s anything else to add… why is Mani inspecting my back?

“What is it Mani?” I asked.

“Um, what happened to your wings?” Ah I didn’t explained that.

“Huh?” Said the father.

“Hm?” Let out by the mother.

“Um, I can magically retract it” I explained somewhat slowly.

“Hold on what?” The mother said in confusion.

“I have never heard of anything like that” The father said.

“Can you show it one more time?” Mani asked, I mean that’s fine, but I really don’t want to show it off much.

“Okay then” I replied slightly hesitantly.

*Flap*

I let out my black angel wings, the adult’s eyes widen in surprise, and back away as well.

“Well this has to be expected” I said scratching my cheek.

“W-What are you!?” The father yelled in confusion.

*Slap*

“Hey! Don’t say it like that to our benefactor! I’m sorry he said something like that” She said to me, the man’s cheek is red now from the slap.

“Well that reaction is to be expected, anyway I have wings and what of it?” I said to them.

“Yeah sorry that was rude, still though I have never seen anyone like you” The father said as he rub his cheek.

“I mean if you could drop this case perhaps we could call it even” I said to him.

“Really? Can you really not told the curious old me?” He replied.

“I mean I could, but I doubt you’ll like the answer” I replied, he pondered for a while…

“I won’t judge regardless of what you are, I won’t tell a soul” He replied, his wife still looked somewhat exasperated while the children are staring and didn’t exactly do anything.

“He can be a bit of an oddball, I’m sorry about that” She said.

“It’s fine, I’ll tell you…” I said glancing around the place to make sure no one was sneaking up on us.

“I’m a demon, a vampire to be exact” I said, immediately a face of shock and surprise appeared on everyone’s face, no doubt the statement is very shocking, after all the only known genuine demon is my mother, and even then only a few know of her nature.

“Y-You mean the blood sucking humanoid that is dreaded as some of the strongest being period?” The man asked nervously.

“Exactly, and vampires have wings that can be manifested or de-manifest you see, while usually they have bat-like wings mine is different due to special circumstances, regardless of what I am though I have nothing but good intentions for these kids” I replied, while I could perhaps said something like I’m a fallen angel or some sort of crow demi-human I don’t think they’ll buy it, one usually can’t hide their wings after all, that and I have no idea if fallen angel is even a thing.

“Are you perhaps… related to the Demon General?” The wife suddenly said looking at me, at this point the kids are more confused than anything else. She must mean my mother, no doubt even if she doesn’t declare herself as a vampire in front of everyone those around her will figured it out eventually.

“I am” I bluntly stated.

“I see, must’ve been a soldier or something in her force right? What are you doing out here?” The man curiously asked. It’s more than that but no reason to clarify it.

“I’m just taking my time outside the castle and explore the world, people usually can’t distinguish differences between humans and vampires so there shouldn’t be any problem going outside this forest” I replied.

“Is that so? I’m still perplexed by you being a demon to be honest, people usually considered demons as chaotic and evil in nature, yet you and your general told us otherwise, at this point is there any reason to fear demons at all? But I digress, your secret is safe with me and my family” He said to me, seems like there won’t be misunderstanding which is good, anyway maybe I should leave now and resume my adventure.

“I suppose it’s time for me to leave now with everything dealt with” I said beginning to turn away and ready to leave, then I can feel something tugging my coat, looking back I see the Ragi.

“Are you leaving already?” She asked, does she want to stay?

“Yeah, I’m prioritizing on my journey and that’s not happening if I stayed here” I replied, she looked a bit down, as are the other girls. It pained me a little honestly.

“Look, sooner or later I’ll come back so no need to worry okay? Make sure to plant that flower somewhere as well” I said while patting her head.

“Promise?” She said.

“Promise, see you all later” I confidently replied, and walk out, spreading my wings once more and ready to resume my journey, this is an unexpected detour, but not necessarily an unpleasant one.

30