Book 1: Chapter 10: Rose: Aimless Insanity
884 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Swing* *Swing* *Swing*

That moment of mine was certainly not one of a human… I really am a demon, tearing away at the flesh of a human I killed with my own hands, savoring the flesh and leave little left of what used to live… I really should stop being so torn up about that, nothing really matters at this point, a new day and nothing to do but practicing...

*Swing* *Swing* *Swing*

…It’s certainly hard to tell how much progress I made by simply swinging my sword around and occasionally using magic, it’s a good thing this World System exist to take tracks of my progress, I have no idea how this came to exist or how accurate these numbers actually are but it’s good that such a thing exist to make things more convenient for me, I wonder why no one actually managed to discover this until now… 

Now is not time for that, it’s time to train and keep training, otherwise there’s nothing else for me to do.

*Rustle*

Hm? Did I hear something just now? Perhaps I’m just being paranoid.

“Hey look, there’s a nice looking lady there, let’s jump her” Someone said. Guess I wasn’t just imagining it.

“Even with a sword like she can do anything” Another said. I grip my sword in frustration right now. How dare they say that.

“Go!” One said before-

*Leap*

They leap toward me, I wasn’t seeing this but it’s obvious that’s what they did. They are trying to get close to me quickly. I turn my body clockwise to meet them, my right foot slightly off the ground as I rotate my body and my arm to meet them.

*Turn* *Slice*

When my right foot reach the ground once more a head flies off due to my arm with blade in hand moving along with the body.

“H-Hieeeee!” The other crook let out in terror, collapsing onto the floor in fear.

*Stab*

I simply stab him in the head and get this over with, I lift his body up with my sword still in his head, and the body dig further into the blade, until the blade came out on the other side of the man’s head. I think his body twitched for a few seconds there, but I reckon he’s dead by this body.

*Swing*

I swing my sword with a lot of might behind it to shake the body off the sword, the body just get more messed up as I did this, but eventually it got off, flying into a nearby tree.

I’ll store these two as meals for later, time to go back to training.

 

#####

 

How long have I been doing this for? I have been fighting some monsters within the area and continue to practice magic, I don’t think I can try much with magic without studying on more theories, I don’t have any clues on how to tap into more power and manipulate mana any further, it’s something I never managed to do before and my time at the academy doesn’t help either, for some reason I really can’t quite remembered what happened there, or rather the whole ordeal before this, I’m not really sure why that is the case but it doesn’t really matter now that the whole thing is over.

Should I go back? I’m not really tired so perhaps I should keep going. I think I might as well stay here and keep practicing, I should also try to use the wings as well, I can barely move it around the first time so I should try to actually fly with it, would help with actually navigating this massive forest as well. 

I should go with trying to use the wings first, I managed it last time and I still have some lingering memories of how I felt when I did it, I should try to do it the same way…

*Flap*

Wings flapped, mine, I actually managed to pull it out this time, without much difficulty in fact. Now I just have to try to fly with it.

*Flap* *Flap* *Flap*

I think I’m floating above the ground a little with each flap. I need to concentrate and try move the wings faster, moving it in certain direction and try to do more than just floating off the ground, flying around and at incredible speed, that’s what I want to do.

*Flap* *Flap* *Flap*

I started to get the hang of it, I can fly off the ground and move in a certain direction, but that’s not enough.

*Fly*

I need to be able to soar up high in the sky and fly around. Right now I’m above the trees but I want to go higher, into the the blue sky and see the world from below, to be free.

Now I’m rather far up, now I need to be to be able to move around up here and simply flapping my wings around really don’t help me with that, for some reason I can’t fly from place to place as fast as the birds, am I doing something wrong? 

W-Whoa! I tried to lean myself forward way too much and now I’m sideways in the sky, isn’t that something. I think I should just go down for now and figure this out later… Wait if I stop flapping my wings then-

*Glide*

Huh? Instead of falling down quickly I’m not? Is it because of the position I’m in? I think I have heard of this before but I cannot remember the term… hold on I have to maneuver this before I hit something!

*Fly*

Could’ve hit a tree there… needs to be more cautious.

*Drop* *Land*

I should try flying again soon, but not now, right now it’s time to go against the beast within this forest, something dangerous, and kill it, as training and as a way of proving my strength. That all of this lead up to something… which I do not know the end. This turned into the endless quest of growing stronger and trying out new things, no grand ambitions or anything, just simply being here now and progressing.

 

#####

 

Is it starting to become night already? I was fighting monsters and practicing magic as much as I can, it seems I was so indulged in it I didn’t take notes. Now that I actually came out of that trance of a training I certainly feels tired and somewhat dizzy, I really should go back and rest before someone or something came by… I have no idea where the house is at, this is no good, searching in this massive forest with no leads will be near impossible, what should I do? How am I supposed to navigate through this forest quickly? And perhaps be able to see most of the forest at once… flying… yes that’s it!

*Flap* *Fly*

This will make my search much easier and traveling much more convenient, I should use this more often, and remind myself I have this at my disposal.

 

#####

 

*Land*

It doesn’t take long to find it fortunately, the view from high above helps with finding it, now I should go inside and get some rest before continuing, I also have to check my strength after all of that as well.

 

#####

 

How long did I sleep for? I really have no idea, I should go outside and keep training now, but first let’s check my strength, this time I won’t forget about the system.

[Status]

 

Name: Rosia Zana

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zurora

 

Level: 59

Class: Swordsman

HP: 6,772/6,772

MP: 798/798

Strength: 302

Magical Prowess: 303

Dexterity: 297

Agility: 298

Luck: 287

Vitality: 308

Magical Resistance: 309

 

Race Trait: [Human Consumption] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Lust Eater] [Lust Magic] [Dream Walker]

Special Trait: [EXP Boost] [Growth Boost]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: C

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: E+

Cold: E+

Water: E+

Lightning: E+

Wind: E+

Earth: E +

Light: D+

Dark: E

Life: D

Death: E+

Mind: E+

Space: D

 

Certainly a good increase I would say, and it’s certainly strange how all of this information appeared with just a command, with no need for spelling or chanting or anything, rather surreal. 

I still have no idea how classes worked, and perhaps I never will unless I get her to spelled it out for me as what it does, really though I doubt she’ll came to me if her leaving me alone at first is any indication, at least that’s how I feel, and it’s bothering me somewhat… now is not the time for that, I should go out and continue to do something else aside from idling.

*Open*

Opening the door to the outside I walked out and journey deep into its depth once more, I think I barely explored even a tiny amount of this forest, it’s massive, and that cannot be understated, I could came across anything in a place like this, needs to be careful.

 

#####

 

This part of the forest have quite a nice clearing, I would say that it’s a great place for practicing without having accidentally swinging the sword into a tree and making noises so much monsters from all directions is attracted to it. Never again.

Now is the time to continue with this endless goal of getting stronger, without any clear reasoning for doing it in the first place…

… I heard something… 

… A sound of footsteps… in this desolate woods? How odd, and very alarming. I look around the area and try to find any movements, anything out of the ordinary. Then I found the source… a hooded figure, I can’t make out the feature of this person who dressed in white. They don’t seems to be aiming for me or even looking like they are targeting anything in particular around here, seems like they’re here by coincidence just as I’m around, still though what could they possibly want to do here? Perhaps I should observed their movement for a bit from afar.

They’re simply walking along and nothing else, like some sort of wandering spirit. This is eerie. I felt like I’m doing something very suicidal by observing this person… Ah! They disappeared!? In a flash the figured disappeared…

I can feel a cold metal touching my neck… what’s going on?

“How peculiar that there’s someone in this forest just happened to be watching me. What is your purpose?” A voice of a woman can be heard behind me as the sense of dread creeped up on my entire body, if I don’t do or say something this will means a certain death, that is what I felt.

“I was… curious as to what you’re doing” I answered. 

“Is that so?” She said as the blade at my neck retracts, that was nerve wracking. I turn to look around and see the same hooded figure, I can barely make her face but I can make out brown hair and eyes, with the eyes looking… less than normal. Her blade disappeared into thin air, just like with [Item Box], seems like she can use it as well.

“And why are you here in the first place?” She asked, her voice sounds somewhat dull but slightly unhinged, something is wrong with this person that much I can tell.

“I’m here because this is where I live and trained. Alone” I answered still feeling cautious.

“How odd that someone lives in a place like this, but I supposed stranger things happened” She remarked.

“And why are you here?” I asked back.

“Wandering to find the one that mattered, that’s all there is to it” She answered rather cryptically, so she have a goal of finding someone or something and that leads her to here?

“What could you possibly find in a place like this?” I asked.

“Who knows? I do not know the time or place of my destination, so I simply keeps wandering” She answered.

*Roar*

Cries of multiple beast can be heard, this is bad.

“Small fries” The hooded woman said quietly as she channeled something in both of her hands, rings of flame appeared and she throws them in the direction of the roar. The two rings of flame cut through multiple trees and burn them, then quickly hit its target which then blast into a pillar of flames

*Sizz*

The sounds of the burning woods can be heard. What terrifying power.

“Seems like the trouble keeps coming to me” She said dully as some more monsters show up, seems like she can take them all out with no effort, but how did she use those ring of flames? She doesn’t use chant or anything.

Suddenly multiple pillars of light formed around her and moved in all direction, cutting everything it touches like blades, many monsters were cut clean in half.

Her power is unimaginable, she doesn’t seems tired at all.

“Now then, I supposed we’re done here” She said to me as she began walking.

“Hold on!” I, against my better judgement, called out, she stopped and look back at me. Glaring.

“What?” She said dully with a sign of irritation.

“What’s with that power? How are you this inhumanely strong?” I asked. Is someone like her even human?

“And why should I tell you?” She retorted, I really don’t have anything to say to that, I was just… curious. Should I be honest about that?

“I…” I tried to say something but it’s difficult to muster any words in front of someone like her.

“Someone I cared for once said that I should stay strong, and so I did” She answered my question without letting me explained myself. What’s with her?

“Huh?” I let out confused at her action.

“I can tell you’re an aimless person, someone who have no clear goal in mind, no desire that you will go through, with nothing that can define your happiness, and it’s pitiful seeing someone like that I supposed. In my many years of nothing but endless travel that feels completely aimless, I came across many” She explained, so she feels pity for me and answered because of that? Her lofty and dull tone of voice that rings out in the now quite forest rings in my ear and left me without much to say.

“So you feel pity for me” I essentially repeated her answer trying to keep the conversation going with no clear aim in mind… just like what she said.

“Exactly. I would say that you should find one if you were to not be pitied like that” She said, but what could I possibly do? What could I aim for?

“In a place like this alone with no one or anything in sight how can I really have a goal?” I asked.

“Now this is getting troublesome and out of hand. I would rather go back to what I’m doing but it seems you need some direction. Do you really don’t have anything you cared for? Someone you wished to see again?” She said sounding a bit more emotional than before, in a bad mood variety, with what little of under the hood I could see frowning. Someone I cared for and one I wanted to find… there are certainly answers to both questions… 

“To both of those questions… yes I do” I answered.

“And yet you remained aimless, how clueless are you?” What does she mean by that?

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“If you desire to protect someone or meet with someone again that should be your goal and act on it. Pursuit them, protect them. I have been doing the former for longer than I cared to count, and I will not give up on it, regardless of how far out of reach it is” She explained. So she said I should do as I want regardless of how impossible it sounds? I really don’t have the courage for that, I’m still nervous of ever leaving this place, or be confident in anything at all with how everything leading up to the second chance have been.

“How can I… ever be able to act up on that? That seems so frightening” I said to her.

“There’s no way I could answer that. I became strong for her, I search for her, for one who I desired, that’s all that mattered, life and death is a completely different issue, fear is not an option, conviction is all that mattered” It’s like she only have that goal in mind and nothing else, no fear, no emotion, no hesitation, nothing but that single directive in mind. She’s not sane, and I have to hear advice from someone like her to guide me, I supposed that goes to show how low my standing in this world is at this point, and this is supposed to be better than before.

“I supposed I have to take your word for it” I said looking away slightly feeling ashamed at my hesitation to ever aim for anything.

“Is that all you want to ask of me?” She asked.

“Yes” I answered.

“I see” She said as she turn back and walk away, while I stand there still overwhelmed just by her appearance, let alone the conversation we just have.

Sister… Demon Lord… both of you… will be my first true goals in this second chance, and I will act on it. I should do what I want, even with the risk that came with it, that’s what I learned, and I will put that to the test. I can only hope both of these desires will come true…

30