Book 1: Chapter 24: Lord: Guiding Heart
609 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Flashback Start>

 

“Kaa-san, when can I learn to use [Warp] like you?” I asked. That spell is very convenient and really cool to have.

“You just have to work hard for it. There’s some tips I can give though. Warping usually have limits to where it can go, based on where you have gone to and what is in your line of sight, you could go beyond that but you need to coordinate it properly our you’ll end up stuck in the wall or the border between worlds” She said.

“That’s just how to use it isn’t it? How do I get it?” I said.

“You’ll figure it out. Follow your heart and reach your destination” She said. She’s always talking in riddle like this…

 

<Flashback End>

 

“Hey… Hey!” Huh? Did Rosia say something just now?

“What is it?” I asked.

“You were slacking just now” She said.

“No no. I was reminiscing and thinking about tips to get [Warp] is all” I said.

“Really? And what are these tips?” She asked.

“Follow your heart and reach your destination… some stupid stuff like that” I said.

“...That’s next to nothing to go on” Rosia noted.

“Exactly, do you have any clue?” I asked.

“...Well do you have anywhere in mind? Destination seems like the keyword here” Rosia asked. A destination… if I have a clear location to move to then I probably would be able to use and learn it…

“Nothing at the moment. I think I’ll work on improving my ability with the space element first before anything else” I said.

“Do as you will. As long as you get it in the end” She said as she walk to practice her own magic.

 

#####

 

“My destination, follow my heart” I mumbled to myself thinking as to how I’ll manage to teleport… where my heart will go… I need to concentrate on those words and act on it, it’s the only thing I have to go on...

“[Warp]!” 

*Zoom*

D-Did I do it? Huh? When did Rosia get in front of me?

“So… you managed it” Rosia said. Did I take her by surprise just then?

“S-Sorry, guess my first time using it surprise you” I said while backing away, we were getting a bit close there.

“I’m glad you got it so quickly, so I’m not really mad” She replied. I mean this could be a fluke for all I know, I need to practice it some more.

“Well I’m glad you’re happy with that, I still have to practice this some more though” I said.

“Figures. Well it would great if you could quickly master it. I’ll keep practicing and try to catch up to you” She said as she walk away again to keep practicing. I guess it’s time for me to try out this ability some more as well, I need to be able to teleport to all kind of places… I need to remember the feeling I have during the initial spell… 

“[Warp]” I commanded.

*Zoom*

…I ended up in front of her again.

“Perhaps you should try focusing on something else” She said as if scolding me.

“Sorry” I replied.

“Whatever, just don’t make the same mistake again” She said as she walk away again.

 

#####

 

“So? Do you think you can teleport us to the last dungeon floor?” Rosia asked as we look at the sky with the sun setting.

“Who knows? From what I know doing such a precise teleportation is very difficult, maybe going to the lowest floor we have been would be more manageable” I explained.

“That’s fine, not like the monsters there are much of an issue anyway” She said. 

“True, but at this point it’s going to be night soon and there’s not much else we can do. Let’s go back to the inn and relax” I said.

“Okay” She replied.

 

#####

 

Right now we’re in our room… that’s about all that’s going on right now. We’re both sitting at the different side of the bed.

“Say, if it’s alright with you do you think killing that family of mine is alright?” Rosia suddenly asked. Did she seriously consider that?

“What make you say that all of a sudden?” I asked feeling a little concerned.

“From what I heard they haven’t been treating my sister well at all, and with all that they have done I would say they better be wiped off the face of this world” She said. 

“And how are we going to do that exactly?” I asked.

“...I was just hoping you’ll go along with it and come up with something” She said.

“Oh… I mean it’s not like I won’t go through with it, I don’t have any problem with killing them really, but it’ll probably be troublesome considering their status, we might ended up branded and unable to enter any society whatsoever” I said

“If you’re willing to share your reason. Why are you so concerned with that?” She asked.

“Didn’t I say why before? I like fooling around in their society, so if I ended up discovered that’s one entertainment for me just gone” I explained. I mean the fact that I was a human as one point also have something to do with it, but it’s  simply one of the reason, I’m not one for sentimentality, especially for something a life away.

“How quaint and twisted of you, then again it’s befitting for someone of your status” Rosia replied looking amused. Like I said before, who is more demonic here? One born demon, or one turned demon?

“And your action so far befit your demonic nature as well” I said feeling slight amusement in the comparison between us.

“Demonic nature you say, and how is that different from nature of human?” Rosia asked. As someone who is turned into a demon, I’m not sure how well she handled the situation or how much she actually changed mentally. I’m a special case so my experience doesn’t really count, and I can’t recall much my personal past anyway to compare. Well there’s no harm in telling.

“Demons are much more varied than humans and their demi-human relatives, so there’s no specific nature that encapsulated all of them, if I have to say they obviously doesn’t think much of human, they are greater being than them and therefore humans are insignificant in their eyes, humans are also being of many emotions and concepts, so they are a great prey for many kind of demons, humans are more of a source of entertainment and food than anything else, their plentiful and self-preserving yet ignorant nature make them easy prey as well, despite their fear of the unknown. Aside from that most demons don’t have much in common, some are bored out of their twisted mind, some find amusement in their atrocities, some of them just doesn’t care, others are unpredictable, a few interact with humans for fun. Mind you demons can also prey on each other for sustenances, so they also have conflict amongst themselves. They seems different from humans but also not one could say” I explained. Their nature are harder to comprehend compared to humans to be certain, they are also of course more dangerous, humans are amongst the weakest known sentient beings, demons are some of the strongest, if I were to enter their domain one way or another it might spell doom for me, on the other hand my authority over them due to my power as the Demon Lord make dealing with them way easier for me than it would be anybody else.

“That’s not a clear cut answer” Rosia replied.

“What do you expect from beings like them? Of course it should be kept in mind that we’re like them as well, how are you holding up?” I said and asked.

“I’m not feeling uncomfortable with whatever it is I become, so I would say I’m fine” She replied. It’s not that I doubt those words, but the fact that she’s very accepting of this is a bit troubling I supposed, like I’m allowing a wolf to realize it’s not a sheep, or something along those lines.

“...That’s good to hear” I responded. I know I’m no better than her for the most part, but I still have a conscience, and I know that in the eyes of everyone else something like this shouldn’t be allowed to happen, yet I did it anyway, and I let it continue. Despite knowing this isn’t right, I can’t bring myself to stop, nor can I care to.

“All of that aside, do you… know anything about what I was feeling yesterday?” Rosia asked sounding slightly awkward. I then turn my body around and onto the bed, looking at her… she do the same with both of us on the bed, silently moving to different side and give us some distance.

“That… I mean I could tell you, but do you really want to know?” I said. 

“What? Is it wrong for me to know?” She asked.

“No no, not at all, it’s just that the reasoning for that is a bit… adult I guess” I responded.

“Just tell me” She said looking impatient.

“Alright fine… You’re a special type of succubus, and succubus are known for two things. Lust and dreams. I think your body acting up yesterday was due to lust, something succubus naturally crave for, and you begin targeting me” I explained. Hopefully she can stomach that information.

“...Lust… so that’s why I-” She muttered to herself before cutting herself off.

“Rosia? Is there something you didn’t tell me?” I asked.

“...Say Maova, do you have dreams containing me recently?” She answered with another question.

“Yes I do, why?” I replied not really sure what she meant by that. What does dream have to do with her, a succubus… oh…

“Oh… so that’s how it is” I muttered realizing what she meant… I’m an idiot, succubus can manipulate and enter dreams, of course she entered mine, we’ve been together all this time, where else would she go during night? Fuuuuuuuu-

“Try to have some dignity and don’t lash out” Rosia said, looking slightly embarrassed for some reason.

“...I won’t okay? So what does that have to do with this lust of yours?” I asked feeling like what will be told is rather… adult in nature…

“Last night, in that dream, I was… how do you say it… ravishing you, yeah that. In the dream” She explained looking very much red in the face.

“W-We were doing that? In my dream? How did all of that happened?” I asked.

“How should I know? What I know is that you were the one bringing it up!” She said accusing me along the way as well.

“I was!? Then you went and did it?” I asked feeling really embarrassed right now, I didn’t actually do any of that did I?

“I was… curious about a few things to be sure, but then you went ahead and suggest more things I should do to you!” She blurted out making this situation feel like my fault more than anything else.

“Wha- Then why did you… right, that whole lust thing. Still it’s crazy to think we did something like that… in a dream… what the hell did you do to me back then? How long was the whole thing? I didn’t actually want it that much right? And what about you? You can’t just pin it all on me” I asked frantically, there’s no way I was the enabler.

“I admit that I was way into in the moment, but you didn’t put up any resistance at all! If you’re so worried about this whole business then why didn’t you do anything? You were basically begging for more!” She asked.

“Please stop bring something like that up! I sound like a sl-”

“In that fever dream or whatever you suggest I use my power to grow a ma-”

“Too much information!” I blurted out wanting this conversation to be over. This is so damn embarrassing…

“...That was starting to go off topic and into weird territory isn’t it?” Rosia asked.

“Y-Yes it was! Why did you even bring it up in the first place?” I asked in return.

“Well if your explanation is true, then I was in fact craving lust. At first I thought it was because your dream affected me in some way, but that turned out to not be the case. That and you told me to tell you about it in the first place” She explained.

“I did do that huh… wait then you should be feeling fine right?” I asked.

“I indeed I should be… but I feel like it resurfaced a little just a while ago” She explained looking slightly red…

“Y-You still want more? Seriously?” I asked.

“Can you blame me? You said it was due to my nature!” She replied.

“It shouldn’t be so prominent in the first place! And you said yourself yesterday that you only feel it around me so… wait” I started to explain before realizing something… why does she only eyeing me? Why not anybody else? Why me specifically? Why did I go along with her?...

“W-What?” Rosia asked. At this point I’m not sure what to make of this… I have feeling towards her that way, I can tell, but it’s hard for me to accept it… maybe it’s just my deprecating self surfacing again… 

“We… before I said anything else, can you let me bite your neck?” I asked, I have heard from Kaa-san about this… but I can’t fathom to consider it real, and even if it isn’t I could go for some blood after all of these awkward situation, I need some to relax myself.

“Why?... Right, you’re that… fine” She said while exposing her neck to me, giving me a clear area to bite into… I moved closer to her and reach for it.

*Chomp* 

…It feels way too good… very pleasant…

“Hey… that’s enough…” Rosia said struggling to speak. I was way into the moment there. I retract and back away.

“S-Sorry about that” I said. Rosia then rub her neck for a while looking at me.

“Are you feeling better now?” She asked.

“Yeah… I am, thanks for that” I replied… aphrodisiac from sucking the blood of one you loved… isn’t that just ridiculous.

“It’s fine, just doesn’t suck up too much, it’s not all bad anyway, feels pretty… good I guess” She said, does she feel the effect of that as well? I guess I could ask her, but… I really don’t want to, for some reason this whole situation feels awkward as hell, embarrassing as well.

“Glad you feel fine from that… yeah it’s good that that’s the case” I said.

“...What are you hiding now?” She asked… at this point I can’t hide anything from her, so much for not telling her anymore

“...The vampire’s bite is much more enjoyable for both side due to affection they have” I explained.

“Affection?... like how much they care for each other? I mean if we didn’t care for each other neither of us will be here right now right? I’m not sure how that’s an information need to be hidden or tested when it’s obvious” She asked. She’s doesn’t quite get my point does she.

“It’s more than just that, the bite will only be that way if the affection we share were… massive” I explained. This situation is like two clueless idiots figuring out how much they… love each other. I think I’m getting red at this point.

“How… massive are we talking here?” She asked looking like she’s having some sort of revelation… I’m just going to say it up front...

“Those whose bonds only death can make them part” I answered… 

“W-What!?” Rosia replied having absolutely no idea how to process this information. For someone like her, whose life was full of misery and separation, she probably don’t know much of the concept, or perhaps in the worst case, completely foreign to her. She might know words like friends or lovers, but her experience with it is most likely next to none.

“It’s as I said… that’s how it works… this confirm how we felt… toward each other” I said trying to squeeze the word out without feeling awkward, embarrassed, or freaking out in general.

“How… why can’t I- I mean- Ugh, I have no idea what to say! How does that work!? Aren’t we both… this is making my head aches. Fuck” She responded somewhat incoherently and absolutely frustrated.

“I’m sorry, I just don’t want to frustrate you any further by hiding things” I said meekly.

“It’s not your fault… I’m just completely flabbergasted” She replied. Guess I wasn’t the only like that when a special connection is declared...

“...That’s all probably why you target me specifically as well. I’m the one you… desired” I said trying to make sense of her behavior toward me.

“Most… likely… I think I need to cool down for the day” She replied gritting her teeth.

“Again. Sorry” I said feeling bad for her reaction.

“And again from me. It’s not your fault” She said as she went from sitting on the bed to laying down on it… guess I’ll do the same.

“We’ll be fine right?” I asked, it’s more of a general question as to our relationship.

“I… hope so. Just go to sleep, I’ll stay put” She replied and stated.

“Okay” I responded as I close my eyes and let the time pass.

23