Book 1: Chapter 25: Lord: Glimmering Goal
607 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday was a bit of a mess isn’t it… I just hope that wouldn’t continue. This journey start as an aimless adventure for fun, it wasn’t exactly meant to be anything meaningful… now it come to this.

“Hey Rosia, you up?” I asked the woman-or rather the girl-whose life I saved leading to the chain of events that ended with both of us here, on the same bed, still having something that must be done. She yawned and open her eyes.

“Yeah…” She replied while rubbing her eyes and began getting up from the bed. I need to do that as well, we can’t exactly stay in bed all day long.

 

#####

 

“Look… we can talk about that later, don’t look so down” Rosia said breaking the silence between us.

“I… I just don’t want our relationship, whatever it may be, to break down from that fact” I said.

“It won’t” She replied firmly.

“I hope so… but now is perhaps not the best time to confront that fact” I said.

“It certainly isn’t” She replied.

… 

“So… ready to confront her? Your sister I mean” I asked feeling the need to deviate from the conversation.

“I came all this way to do that, there’s no way I’m not, no way I’m backing out now” She replied.

“Good to hear. We have to make sure no one noticed us as well, which now that I think about it is rather hard. That librarian is there, and who knows if anyone else will enter the scene” I said.

“Not to mention the girl. Are you sure we can do this sneakily?” She asked.

“Hey if nothing else at least [Warp] should get us pretty far from them if we’re being pursue. Also if they find us using our full power then they might take that as a sign of ‘me’ coming as well, and who knows what that’ll entail” I replied.

“That’s not what I- Whatever. As long as it works” She said.

“I don’t exactly want this playground of ours to become less than friendly, I can only hope we’ll get through this without any issue” I said.

“I hope so too. Still I feel like you could kill everyone else as an option, I don’t really care about any of this human business anyway” She said, still bringing that up isn’t she.

“I’m trying to not repeat history over here” I replied, regarding the Demon Lord’s previous attempts at destroying everything in its path. There’s also the fact that there are some genuinely powerful people around, I mean one fit the definition of insanity perfectly and the other is taking a bystander position, so chances are they won’t do anything, and even then there might be more powerful people about. By no means do I take displeasure in killing, I mean there might be some guilt there, but at this point with someone that mattered being right next to me such a thing isn’t so bothersome anymore, and that fight with the Hero was morbidly satisfying, so those guilt could be all false pretense I put up for all I know.

“Let’s just get this over with, we still have some unfinished business after this” She said.

“Okay okay… let get this over with” I replied.

*Open*

And open the door out of the room we’re in, ready to go to the academy.

“Hold it” Rosia suddenly said.

“W-What is it?” I asked.

“Since we got the spell to teleport, how about we take our time and go to the dungeon? Would be better use of our time considering we’ll be at the academy early anyway” She explained.

“I mean, you’re not wrong on that, but would we go back to the academy in time?” I asked.

“We just have to be mindful of our time obviously, there’s no need to worry” She said.

“...If you say so” I replied.

 

#####

 

Now we’re somewhere… deep within the dungeon I would say. I have no clue as to how deep this goes, so I have no idea if we’ll reach the depth of this place or even get close to it before it’s time for us to leave and began moving.

*Slash*

Once again monsters are everywhere and Rosia is wiping the floor with them, she doesn’t seem to struggle against these things in the slightest, she have grown quite strong. I think I should appraise her and see how far she has grown.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Rosia Zana

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zurora

 

Level: 162

Class: Paladin

HP: 53,458/53,458

MP: 3,672/3,672

Strength: 1,753

Magical Prowess: 1,769

Dexterity: 1,746

Agility: 1,750

Luck: 1,732

Vitality: 1,821

Magical Resistance: 1,832

 

Race Trait: [Human Consumption] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Lust Eater] [Lust Magic] [Dream Walker]

Special Trait: [EXP Boost] [Growth Boost]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: B+

Brawl: D

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: D+

Cold: D+

Water: D+

Lightning: D+

Wind: D+

Earth: D+

Light: B+

Dark: D

Life: B+

Death: D

Mind: D+

Space: C

 

Really strong. I mean I’m still vastly stronger, but for the standard of this world she’s already stronger than that reincarnator, and reincarnators are naturally much stronger than normal people. 

*Slash*

Well she could definitely become stronger than this, not that there’s any urgent need for that for now.

*Splash*

Also this floor is very wet. There are ponds of water around and stuff, good thing our clothes cleanse anything dirty off, otherwise it would be a nightmare to get rid off and we might not be able to enter the academy for obvious reason.

*Slash* *Splash*

Rosia still keep going and fought monsters around the place, swinging everywhere and kill everything in her path. I didn’t do anything.

 

#####

 

“How long until the lesson?” She asked as we descend further down.

“About an hour and a half” I said looking at the pocket watch Kaa-san gave me.

“And so far we reach the twentieth floor, how many floor does this place have?” She said and asked.

“I have no idea” I replied.

“I see. Doesn’t matter, we‘ll still push through” She said.

“Exactly” I replied.

“At least that’s would be what I said but you haven’t done anything at all” She said throwing me under the bus, which is fair enough considering I barely did anything. Still though, that hurt.

“True, but it hurt having you said that” I replied.

“Then stop pulling your punch” She said.

“I-... okay I’ll do that” I was about to retort but considering her lack of interest in catching up that would just pissed her off even more.

 

#####

 

Floor twenty-first, look generic honestly.

*Shine*

I began concentrating the power I summoned into my right hand, power of light… [Laser Barrage].

*Beam*

Multiple laser beams traveled and pierce many monsters in our paths, giving us a path.

“That was quick” Rosia commented.

“Well this is me not pulling any punches” I replied.

“Definitely wouldn’t want to go against that... Let’s go” She noted to herself and walk forward.

 

#####

 

“This floor is quite flooded with monsters isn’t it. What floor is this again?” I asked as what I saw on the floor is a sea of monsters.

“Floor twenty-fifth” Rosia replied.

“Maybe this’ll be the last floor” I noted as I look at the sea of monsters all staring at us and approaching.

“[Blood Spikes]” I chanted as I can feel my blood supplies being used to created spikes that grow from the ground and pierce majority of the monsters.

“...[Blood Combust]” I commanded after looking around for a short while.

*Boom*

The blood spikes all exploded and take along any monsters pierce by or stuck between the spikes.

“The power of a vampire is quite terrifying” Rosia commented.

“Well it’s not like this can be use without any consequence. Speaking of which. My throat is quite dry” I replied feeling the need for blood already, using two [Blood Art] in a row would be pretty straining on both the user and their blood supplies, so blood is very much needed right now.

“Very well” She said as she walk to me and show me her neck.

“Thanks for the meal” I said before digging in.

*Chomp*

I take a bite and suck her blood… it feels great… that’s enough I would say… I feel a bit heated from that, but can’t let that distract me now.

“L-Let’s go” I said as I take the lead.

 

#####

 

“Hmmm…” I let out loud looking around the dead end of this floor, with no way down in sight. 

“Guess this is the final floor” Rosia noted. 

“Seems that way… would’ve thought there will be more to this place” I said.

“Maybe there is and we haven’t found it yet” She said as she inspect the wall.

“Possibly” I replied as I also take a closer look around the place as well. The interior of this room is like a broken down places of worship, where beautiful marbles are used to give the room divine atmosphere, it’s not exactly an aesthetic of a naturally made cave for certain. There should be something here, but nothing is really out there on this floor… maybe there’s something behind the walls?

*Punch*

I punched the wall with great might to see what happened. The walls now have massive cracked in them but it doesn’t seem like there’s anything behind this part of the wall, just more dirts and stones.

“The hell are you doing?” Rosia asked after seeing my spectacles.

“Just thinking if there’s anything behind the walls” I explained feeling the numbness on my hand.

“Behind the walls… that’s not a bad idea actually… still you shouldn’t use your fist like that” She said while also reprimanding me.

“Cut me some slack” I replied playfully as I shake my right hand still red and numb from that punch.

“No time for that” She said as she take a step back from the wall she’s next to. Then summons multiple arrows of light and-

*Blast*

Blast into the wall and tear them apart, the remnant of this place is getting tear to shred. Not that anyone would care anyway, I’m pretty sure next to no one even know about this place.

“There” She said as she face toward a particular path opened up after that barrage of magic.

“That was quick” I commented.

“Might be quicker if you actually did this since the start” She quipped.

“Well, let put that behind us and explore this new path shall we?” I said as I walk toward this new entrance, getting next to her.

“So we shall” She replied.

 

#####

 

A massive living creature were inhabiting this place, just after a short walk into the new path, what lies before us is so unexpected, it seems like a twisted joke.

“What the hell is this thing doing here!?” Rosia said she brandish her sword completely flabbergasted by the creature’s existence. Its golden scale covering its body, a body that is about three stories tall, and that’s with it standing on four sitting down, the also golden wings attached to its body is massive as well. It glare at us, observing our reaction. Rosia is on her guard with a look of dread on her, I myself doesn’t take such a stance but still, no way in hell one wouldn’t be on guard at least a little against a giant golden dragon.

“It is rude for one to talk about those standing in front of them” The dragon suddenly spoke out in a deep voice befitting of its size, with a feminine tone to it.

“You can speak?” Rosia asked still on guard.

“I can. And what great luck it is that two mighty beings stumble upon this place. By no mean do I mean or can do you harm” It, or rather she according to the voice, replied. 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“As you can see, I have been imprisoned for long period of time, I cannot move, and stuck here with nothing but my own thoughts” She explained. 

“Imprisoned?” I repeated while looking around, seeing that each of her legs is binded what seems to be handcuffs-appropriately sized of course-with runes on them. 

“Indeed” She replied. At this point Rosia lowered her weapon but still keep her guard up, not letting go of her watching eyes on the dragon.

“And I supposed you want us to remove them?” I asked.

“Indeed. And I will reward you greatly” She answered.

“How so?” I asked.

“I will grant you some of my power in return, our strength might not be that far off, but I’m certain my power could be of use nonetheless” She answered, so in exchange for freeing her we’ll get some of her power in exchange, I’m not entirely sure how that process work, or if I could do it as well… I’ll keep note of that and maybe ask Kaa-san about it later.

“Sounds promising… but you know full well the consequences of tricking us right?” I said glaring at the dragon.

“Certainly, it would be unwise for me to receive the wrath of the two of you, with my chance of winning not being guaranteed” She replied, she’s actually quite humble all things considered, just from her presence and mana I felt from her, she’s stronger than me by a fair amount. Well there’s also the fact that she looked somewhat drained might have something to do with it.

“Glad you could agree on that front, but before we actually start this, there’s a few thing I would like to know” I said.

“What is it that you wish to know?” She asked.

“How come a golden dragon, one of the strongest existence in all of creation, imprisoned? And for what purpose?” I said.

“I cannot answer those questions with absolute certainty. I can tell you that humans imprisoned me here many eons ago, their magic was quite mighty, and they are plentiful in numbers, as for why I was imprisoned, my mana is constantly sapped away and drain me, perhaps they are using me as their mana source, for whatever it is they want” She explained. 

“I see. Humans can be quite cruel aren’t they?” I said in a somewhat playful manner.

“Speak for yourself, we aren’t that much better” Rosia quipped.

“Ah, one last thing, I won’t be needing that power, she does” I said while pointing at Rosia, who look bewildered, the dragon turn her head and look at the special succubus as well.

“So you don’t want it for yourself” The dragon replied.

“Why? You could have even more power than before!” Rosia asked unable to comprehend my action.

“Is it so wrong to want to give something for one I cared about?” I asked in return.

“Wha- I mean, it’s not, but why do you- I… It’s not, but I also feel the same way toward you!” She replied.

“So that’s how it is… how about this? I’ll take a bit of it, but the rest can go to you” I purposed.

“I… It’s your call” She replied, seems she knows I won’t back down from that decision.

“Then we’ll go with that. I’ll take a small portion of whatever power you can give me, and the rest go to her” I said to the dragon.

“Very well. Then began destroying the seals in place” She replied.

“You heard her” I said to Rosia, who silently nod and walk to one of the seal handcuff thing.

*Strike*

Swinging her sword and make contact with it, but there seems to be some resistance from the runes on it.

“Troublesome!” Rosia let out putting her might into the blade and-

*Shatter*

Shatter the seal thing into pieces. Guess I’ll do the same as well.

 

#####

 

*Shatter*

“That’s the last one” I noted as I look at the dragon’s movement. She’s moving alright.

“Finally… after all this time” She said to herself.

“Okay, time for your end of the deal” I said.

“Yes, I shall fulfill my end of the deal” She replied as suddenly as the room is filled with golden light, mana releasing from this massive reptile.

*Shine*

The whole place light up and consume everything…

I definitely feel stronger suddenly, but not a lot, hopefully that means Rosia get most of it, and not simply that the dragon doesn’t have much to offer. 

The light clears… wait what the heck?

“W-Wh-Wha-What the!? Put some clothes on!” I yelled out seeing a naked woman with long flowing golden hair and emerald green eyes on the ground in place of the dragon, her skin quite light in color while also looking very mature, along with golden horns and tail. The connection is pretty obvious here so I won’t bother asking her for clarification.

“Hahaha. Sorry” She said looking amused while not actually bothering concealing her parts. I summoned a cloak from someone I killed and throw it at her.

“Put this on you shameless dragon!” I said scorning at the thing. How is Rosia doing?… Not approving the dragon’s shamelessness for certain. She noticed my gaze and look back at me.

“Care to explain what is going on?” Rosia said looking exasperated at the whole sequence of events.

“Simple, that dragon and this woman is the same person” I explained.

“Yeah I can sorta tell, but how and why?” She asked further.

“My body simply cannot maintain itself with so much energy drained and gifted to you two, it’s better for me to shift into a smaller body, and that’s what I did” The dragon woman explained finally putting the cloak on.

“That make sense… but then shouldn’t you do that in the first place to escape?” Rosia asked.

“If it was that simple I would’ve done so long ago, but unfortunately my abilities were sealed along with my freedom by those runes” She explained.

“I see… well I would say the power you gave me is quite substantial” Rosia replied and noted. I think I should check how strong both of us are after that.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Rosia Zana 

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zurora

 

Level: 367

Class: Paladin

HP: 181,984/181,984

MP: 12,581/12,581

Strength: 3,772

Magical Prowess: 3,964

Dexterity: 3,713

Agility: 3,718

Luck: 3,710

Vitality: 3,901

Magical Resistance: 3,988

 

Race Trait: [Human Consumption] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Lust Eater] [Lust Magic] [Dream Walker]

Special Trait: [EXP Boost] [Growth Boost]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: B+

Brawl: D

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: C

Cold: C

Water: C

Lightning: C

Wind: C

Earth: C

Light: A

Dark: D+

Life: A

Death: D+

Mind: C

Space: C+

Time: E

 

Wow, that is a lot of level ups. How did I do I wonder?

[Status]

 

Name: Maova

Gender: Female

Age: 5

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

 

Level: 820

Class: Sage Lord + Demon Lord

HP: 836,000/836,000

MP: 37,700/37,700

Strength: 9,450

Magic Prowess: 9,990

Dexterity: 9,440

Agility: 9,430

Luck: 9,400

Vitality: 10,150

Magic Resistance: 10,670

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: A+

Polearm: C+

Axe: D+

Bow: D+

Brawl: C+

Hidden weapon: B

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: B+

Cold: B+

Water: B+

Lightning: A

Wind: A

Earth: B+

Light: A+

Dark: A+

Life: A

Death: C+

Mind: B

Space: B+

Time: B

 

Title: [Demon Lord] [Special Reincarnation] [Merged Being] [Otherworldly Soul] [Demon Lord’s Soul] [The Alternate 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓]

Race Trait: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Intimidation] [Longevity] [Night Vision]

Special Trait: [Accelerated Growth] [EXP Boost (Human)]

Special Ability: [Causality Alteration] [Synchronization: 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓ (Locked)]

 

Despite gaining only about… 29 levels from that, it’s still a pretty significant all things considered, my proficiency with elements also improved, it’s rare for one to gain proficiency through anything outside of training and repeated use, so this very nice. Strangely my earth rank went up twice, maybe that have to do with me using earth magic a bit more than I did others, it is a pretty versatile element after all.

All of that aside, there’s the problem of what this dragon will do, in this state she obviously can’t do anything, but I was hoping she would at least not cause any commotion. Maybe I should’ve thought about this a bit further ahead…

“Say, what will you do now that you’re free?” I asked.

“Honestly I haven’t consider it… I’ll just go back to the surface before anything else” She said as she began walking out of the room she’s in.

“Yeah no” I said as I grab her shoulder.

“Why?” She asked.

“First, you’re very suspicious looking, so going up there now would be a problem, secondly, that would implicate us of doing something suspicious, and I can’t have that” I explained.

“Well what do you purpose we do?” She asked. We need her out of the public eye, or anywhere in general… and also not evoke any suspicion… I think I have a plan for that, but first, what time is it… about an hour left. That should be enough time.

“I have a plan for that, so no need to worry” I said.

“And what is this plan of yours?” The dragon woman asked.

“Simple, teleport you to somewhere remote-which I do have a place in mind-and then I come back, teleport myself and my… friend here to the entrance, and walk out like normal. Problem solved” I explained.

“So you can use the elusive space magic? You truly are special” She said.

“Flattery will get you nowhere, just come with me” I said as I walk closer to her.

“Very well… say I have never give you my name my savior. I am Jinna. A golden dragon” She said.

*Grab*

“Yeah yeah, nice to meet you and all that, name’s Maova” I said grabbing her by her wrist not really caring about her introduction.

*Zoom*

22