Book 1: Chapter 26: Lord: Quaking Exit
590 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I think this is the right place. The landscape here is rather mundane, on the lower level of the small hill that is the settlement of the demi-humans, and some trees about giving people here some protection against sunburn.

“Ah the blue sky how I miss thou” The dragon said as she look at the sky. I let go of her wrist and look around to see where the hell they are at… I remember it being a small house, so it’s probably somewhere there.

“Follow me” I said to the dragon. I take the lead and she follow. I think this is the place.

*Knock* *Knock*

I knock at the door hoping for a respond.

*Open*

“Ah, it’s you! Wasn’t expecting you to visit us again so soon” The wolfkin man as he open the door to see me.

“Who is it honey?” A woman inside asked.

“Our esteemed guess from last time” The man replied.

“Really? Then don’t just stand there! Let her in” She said. The man then look at me and saw the dragon woman no doubt. Looking all kind of confuse.

“She’s the luggage I don’t need, so I want her to stay here” I explained. The dragon woman then take a look of the mediocre house.

“So this will be where I am, a shame but I’ll conceit” She said.

“Well let’s get in first before we discuss this further, let us in” I said to the wolfkin man.

“Okay, come inside” He said as he walk inside, and we follow suit.

“So where are the kids?” I asked, considering I haven’t seen them since I got here.

“They’re playing outside again” The man explained. We then sit down in the small living room and the wife come in and sit along with us.

“To put it simply. Another request from me. I want this woman to stay put and to do that I want her to live somewhere in this neighborhood outside of human reach” I explained. Both of them then look and inspect the woman’s peculiar horns and a tail that poke out of her cloak.

“She’s a dragon” I explained.

“What?” The wolfkin man asked.

“Like I said, a dragon” I clarified. The dragon look slightly amused.

“Heh. Seems like they can’t comprehend the situation” She said.

“Doesn’t matter, you’ll stay here and don’t go make a mess, you two and also your daughter and her friends make sure she stay put as well” I said as I stand back up.

“This is… a lot to take in” The wife said.

“Well I’m certain an honorable dragon like her wouldn’t cause any issue. Right?” I said glancing at the dragon.

“Of course not” She replied with a smile.

“Good to hear, also you two don’t have to provide everything for her, I’m sure she’s fine on her own for the most part” I said.

“R-Right” The wife said.

“Good to hear. Goodbye then” I said as I take my leave.

“Make sure to visit sometime, I’m still quite curious about you” The dragon said.

“Yeah yeah” I half-heartedly replied.

*Zoom*

“That didn’t take long” Rosia commented after my return. She look like she’s a bit off balance there.

“It certainly doesn’t. Let’s go” I said as I reach my hand out to her, and she responded in kind.

*Zoom*

“Okay, let’s go back up and act natural okay?” I said.

“That’s obvious” She replied. Okay. We have to walk out and try not to look suspicious…

“Hey” The female guard suddenly called out as we reach the entrance.

“W-What is it?” I asked being completely caught off-guard by that.

“How was things down there? There was a quake wasn’t there?” Huh? There was? I turn to look at Rosia for conformation.

“It hold itself pretty well I would say” Rosia replied for me. Perhaps it happened during my time there.

“That’s good to hear, still the place is in chaos, be careful” The guard said as she let us be, and we began walking to the academy.

“What the heck happened when I was gone?” I asked.

“There was a quake that’s certainly does not bode well” She said.

“Hopefully the academy won’t close because of that” I said. 

“Who knows. But perhaps we should go check it out now, how long do we have?” Rosia asked. I take out my pocket watch and see that about 50 minutes is left before the lesson.

“50 minutes” I said as I put my pocket watch back.

“Guess we do not need to rush there immediately, but we should still go check it out as quickly as possible” Rosia said.

“Agree” I replied.

“Then let’s go” She said.

 

#####

 

“The whole capital certainly become chaotic” I commented as we walk pass some people looking concerned or flat out panicking.

“I can see that” She replied.

“I wonder how that affected the academy and other important locations” I said. Many buildings we passed broke down, some are fine, but that’s only a few.

“It doesn’t matter as long as she’s fine” Rosia said sounding very much worried, probably realizing the implications I made.

“I supposed so” I replied trying to be optimistic.

 

#####

 

“What the hell happened here?” I said bitterly as I see the broken down academy, as in a great deal of it destroyed, the higher floor mostly collapse, the clock on the top broken, about half of this place collapsed. Rosia meanwhile have a look of terror on her face.

“N-No!” She cried out as she rush in suddenly.

“H-Hey!” I said as I follow after her.

 

#####

 

“Where the hell she!?” Rosia said she look through the broken down hallway and rubbles. Clearing anything in her way with a lot of force.

“Rosia! Calm down!” I yelled out as I-

*Grab* *Twist*

Grab her by her wrist and twist her arm.

“Arg! What are you doing!?” She said struggling to break free.

*Slap*

“You…” She replied after I slapped her to get her to her sense, she stop struggling.

“If you keep going with this, we’ll get exposed. Don’t get ruled by emotions so much like humans do” I glare at her while saying so with clear seriousness in my voice. She slowly move her wrist out of my grasp gently and look at me somewhat ashamed at herself.

“...I won’t... my apologies” She replied bitterly. 

“Don’t be, nothing is perfect, let’s find her quickly” I said. 

“But where could she be?” Rosia asked feeling desperate as she look around the place.

“Stay quiet and move along” I commanded as I walk trying to make as little noise as possible, she follow suit.

“R-Revia… please wake up!” I heard a girl’s plea, I recognized that voice.

“Revia… Sis!” Rosia immediately recognizes the name and rush toward the source of the sound, I follow her behind.

Soon we were in the library, or at least what’s left of it. What I saw is a girl underneath a collapsed ceiling, and another I recognized with teary eyes kneeling besides her. There was one more person there however, the librarian from yesterday holding up a giant plate of collapsed ceiling so it won’t crush the two girls. Rosia immediately rush to their aid.

“Hmph!” She help push the large debris out of the way and worried at the state of her sister. 

“Haa… thanks for the assist” The librarian said, though Rosia doesn’t seem to register her remark. The librarian looks most like fine but her body is probably rather strained from keeping the girl safe. I then walk to Rosia’s side.

“Revia…” Rosia said her name clearly feeling emotional.

“Huh? How did you... know her name?” The girl asked taken back by everything that happened.

“It doesn’t matter to you” Rosia replied while cradling her sister in her arms. I should check on that librarian as well. I walk to her and she look at me somewhat composed but clearly weary.

“Hey, so there’s two options you can take, keep everything here quiet, or die” I said while pointing my katana at her neck.

“Hah… obviously the first” She replied looking very tired if still composed. I’ll be easy on her. [High Heal]

“Hm? What was that?” She asked after being healed up.

“I’m being extra merciful here” I said as I walk to Rosia’s side.

“As for you… you’re this girl’s friend is that correct?” I asked while pointing the blade at her neck as well.

“W-Why are you-”

“Answer or die” I cut in.

“Eeeek! I-I am!” She answered, and I retract my blade and put it away.

“Rosia, this might sound troublesome, but we’ll bring her along” I said, Rosia-who at this point place her sister down-then look at me and back at the girl.

“She’ll be sad if this kid is dead won’t she?” Rosia asked.

“Yep, so lucky you” I said still glaring at the girl. I heard footsteps as the librarian walk her way to me.

“How come I didn’t have that option?” She said somewhat jokingly.

“Because you’re not mandatory, and why would you go along with someone who point their blade at your neck anyway” I replied and asked.

“Just seems like the better option, I would be held accountable most likely, I need a way out” She explained.

“It wouldn’t hurt, but go along with me and say goodbye to humanity” I said.

*Flap*

I show off my wings to prove my point, the girl look very shocked, while the librarian look rather taken back but keep her composure.

“So that’s what you are… I’ll accept anyway” She replied. That was unexpected.

“That’s unexpected…” I commented.

“Like other options is much better, and with what I have witnessed, I think my curiosity is quite peaked” She said. I turn to look at the girl. She’s still completely bewildered. [Sleep]

*Thump*

She’s asleep now. I’ll explain everything to her later.

“As for you” I said turning back to see the librarian.

“What? You’ll put me to sleep as well?” She asked.

“Nothing like that, I think someone like you wouldn’t step out of line, I just want you to come with us quietly and don’t freak out with whatever I will do” I said.

“If it means I’ll live then that’s fine” She responded.

“Good to hear, but first” I said as I raised my hand.

“Let’s end this with a bang” I ominously said. In case anyone is even near this area they’ll all be blown away.

“[Blood Bomb]” I chanted. And concentration of blood appeared, it’ll go off within seconds.

“Now then, Rosia, hang on to those two. You’ll hold onto my hand” I commanded and I reach my hand to both. [Warp]

*Zoom*

The scenery immediately changed, no longer are we in a ruined library, but instead somewhere up high, the floor is dark and purple in color, the view of the massive forest can be seen from here… I look around and see that everyone there is here, Rosia holding on to those two, and the woman also look around in amazement. All five of us are here.

“How fast” A familiar voice ring out. I turn to see the gray hooded girl looking at me, slowly turning her head and gaze to look at my companion and others.

“You return… with one unexpected guest” She said looking at the librarian.

“You don’t seem all that surprise” I said. Rosia then place her sister and her sister’s friend down on the floor and turn to look at Kaa-san. The librarian also turn to look at the sage as well.

“With everything I have seen throughout my long life, this is nothing” Kaa-san replied.

“Who is she? And where are we?” Rosia asked turning her head to look at me.

“The sage who overlook this place, she’s my… guardian so to say, as to where we are, this is my castle” I answered. 

“Your castle? How peculiar” The librarian noted as she look around.

“Well some of you look rather out of shape, I think some of you should get some rest” Kaa-san said.

*Zoom*

Suddenly we’re in a room, but it’s not mine.

“Well first of all two of you are stenched with blood and others rather dirty” Kaa-san said.

*[Cleanse]*

Cleansing the blood and other dirty things off everyone’s clothes.

“Using magic without chant or performance, first I’ve seen of this” The librarian said as she inspect her clean body.

“The two girls will sleep and recover in bedroom, as for you, you’ll rest in the other bedroom connected to this room here” Kaa-san instructed as she point to where to go.

“Rosia, you’ll carry your sister and I’ll carry her friend. You’ll carry yourself to your bed” I said to Rosia and the librarian, then carry the girl and walk to the bedroom, Rosia follow suit.

“Well after you’re both done come meet us in the other bedroom okay?” Kaa-san said as she guide the librarian to her room.

“There” I said as I put the girl onto the bed, and Rosia do the same for her sister.

“Well time to go see Kaa-san and that woman in the other room… but first” I said while realizing the thirst I have.

“What?” Rosia asked.

“Blood, need them” I said gesturing and pointing at her neck.

“Alright” She said and show her neck again.

*Chomp*

And of course I suck her blood again… feels so great… ah… I should stop before things get any freakier, I stop the sucking and take my time to compose myself…

“Done?” Rosia asked looking a bit red as well.

“...Yeah, let’s go” I said as I lead her to the other room.

25