Book 1: Chapter 29: Rose: Blade Spar
553 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“She’s going to be fine right?” I asked as I patted Revia’s head hoping she’ll wake up.

“Of course, and if we wake her up a tad too soon she’s probably not gonna be in the best shape” Yeig explained, or Kaa-san rather.

*Zoom*

Huh? Maova just appeared out of nowhere, she must’ve use [Warp] to get here. She then take a look at the two on the bed then back to me.

“Seems like they’re still asleep huh” She commented.

“Yeah, how long would it take for them to wake up?” I followed up.

“From the looks of it maybe half an hour or so” Kaa-san said.

“Well I hope it’s no longer than that” I responded.

…Maova once again take a look at them then to me.

“Say, would you be fine with me doing that?” She asked.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“Corruption” She answered. I feel like I have a hunch as to what she meant.

“Do you mean turning them into demons?” I asked.

“What else would I mean? Well? Would you be fine with that?” She asked once again.

“I have no problem with that, that’s what I am now after all” I replied. Though what will be concerning is how willing they will be.

“Okay then… I’ll wait til they get up and going, doing so without consent will make them more uncooperative than anything” She said after it seems like she’s going to do it right there and then.

“Yeah it’s probably not a good idea to do that now” Kaa-san commented.

“True” I followed up.

“Well what else should we do to kill time then?” Maova asked. Something to pass the time… right, there’s still that otherworld thing Maova haven’t explained to me yet.

“Tell me about your otherworldly trait” I said. Maova then turn to look at me and back at Kaa-san.

“Can you please help me explain this to her?” Maova requested.

“Sure, I’ll be happy to” Kaa-san replied. She then beckon us to sit down at a nearby table and so all of us did just that.

“Alright then, let’s start” Kaa-san said as she take a deep breath and began.

“How much have you heard of her situation?” Kaa-san asked.

“The creation and constant reincarnation I have heard of already, as well as how demi-humans or whatever that humans are at war with aren’t demons at all. I just need to know why she’s so different, have knowledge of a different world, and her otherworldly title” I answered.

“Okay, guess I’ll explain that… with the last time the Demon Lord has been killed, which was about two centuries ago, demi-humans began migrating here and along with them a peculiar vampire. You see, I take interest in both the Demon Lord and this one vampire, and a few years ago I approached her and performed a ritual to bring the soul of the Demon Lord into her womb-whichisviolatedbyyourstruly-as well as a random soul from another world-whichisactuallyasoulofanalternateuniversecounterpartofRosiabutwedon’ttalkaboutthat-that mix together to create a new soul of sort with different value and outlook from the Demon Lord, that’s how Maova came to be, create from the Demon Lord and one of another world, and the contrast is quite astounding. Vermilla and I raised her as our daughter-as she is-and she went out to see the world, finding you as well” She explained. Mixing the souls, raising the Demon Lord. I feel like this is something only those extremely extraordinary can do, I’m not certain if the entire story can possibly be correct, but I feel like questioning her will present more trouble than truth.

“So, did you get all of that?” Maova asked. The fact that she doesn’t question anything lend credence to this being the truth, but it’s still hard to comprehend.

“Yeah… more or less” I replied no doubt with an uneasy look upon my face.

*Open*

“So how are those two?” The woman who is Maova’s other mother said after walking in. Though I supposed I’ll address her as Mom, or Mother.

“They’ll get up and going again soon, why do you ask?” Kaa-san replied.

“I’m thinking of blowing some steam, you two” She said while looking at Maova and I. I can tell whatever she have in mind will not be pretty.

“Y-Yes Mom?” Maova said nervously.

“Yeig, teleport us to somewhere wide and clear. I’ll have my match” She said as suddenly a long thin sword appeared in her hand. She’s going to challenge us isn’t she, and considering Maova’s reaction she must be anything but a pushover.

“Yessiree!” Kaa-san said and-

*Zoom*

As expected teleport us somewhere else. Where is this? A large flat area that made out of stones and such, and next to nothing can be seen elsewhere, like we’re in the sky, must be some sort of mountain.. Kaa-san then suddenly levitate and put some distance between us.

“You three have fun, I’ll spectate and make sure no one died” She said as she move herself to outside of the area. Maova have a pained expression as she take a step back and pull out her katana. I get close to her and pull out my sword as well, while Mother take a few steps back without any form of worried expression, this is going to be painful for us isn’t it.

“Appraise her before we start, just to show the difference” Maova said looking very much worried. I’ll do just as she ask.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Vermilla

Gender: Female

Age: 240

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

 

Level: 1,089

Class: Blade Soverign + Demon General

HP: 332,984/332,984

MP: 40,968/40,968

Strength: 10,913

Magical Prowess: 10,901

Dexterity: 12,202

Agility: 12,279

Luck: 8,892

Vitality: 9,125

Magical Resistance: 9,199

 

Title: [Demon General]

Race Trait: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation] [Intimidation] [Longevity] [Night Vision]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: SS+

Polearm: C

Axe: C

Bow: C

Brawl: A+

Hidden weapon: B

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: A+

Cold: A

Water: A

Lightning: A+

Wind: S+

Earth: A

Light: A

Dark: S+

Life: A+

Death: A+

Mind: A+

Space: B

Time: D+

 

Every single stats except for HP, vitality, and magical resistance of her is superior to Maova’s… this is not good in the slightest.

“Start whenever, I’ll slice you all the same” Mother said as she take a defensive stance. What can we do?

“We need to keep her entertained otherwise she might ended up hurting us for real. We need to consistently keep up the offense otherwise she’ll hit us back hard” Maova said.

“And what’s the plan for that?” I asked.

“Since the gap between her and I aren’t as severe as you and her, I’ll go in for close combat while you fling spells at her, got that?” She replied.

“Got it” I said as I turn to look at Mother once again, who despite her stoic expression is clearly bored from us discussing strategy before combat.

“Ready?” Maova asked as she pointed her blade at her mother.

“Whenever” Her mother replied. Maova then turn her head and look my way.

“I am as well” I also replied.

“...Go!” Maova said.

*Zoom*

She then immediately warp to the back of her mother and swing her blade targeting her left side.

*Block*

“Not good enough” Her mother said as she push Maova away with the might she exerted.

“Gah! Rosia!” Maova let out a sound of struggle and commanded. I focus on concentrating on mana… [Light Bullet].

“Interesting” Mother said as she look at multiple barrages of light ammo launching toward her, Maova took this chance for another strike.

*[Wind Shield]* *Block* *Parry*

“Gah!” Maova let out after her strike got parried while my light barrages got blocked by this shield of wind she put up. It dissipated just when all of my summoned ammo are gone.

“Still not enough” Mother said starting to sound irritated, no doubt she’ll go on offensive soon if we don’t exert more offense.

“Then how about this!” Maova said as she immediately rush in again. Her blade engulfed in darkness.

*Block* *Block* *Block* *Block* *Block* *Block*

“Dammit!” Her near simultaneous six strike all got block with no issue. I have to contribute as well! [Light Cannon]!

*Blast*

My massive light projectile then blast toward Mother’s position, and Maova noticed it.

“[Blood Chain]!” She commanded as she jumped back.

*Boom*

Did that do anything? Didn’t look like she got hurt much, if at all. She struggled to get out of the chains thankfully.

“Rosia!” Maova said.

“Roger!” I replied as I concentrated the light onto my blade and enchanted it, at this point Maova rush in toward her mother.

“[Blood Boost]!” She chanted as her body is covered in an aura of blood and then immediately-

*Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* 

Did the same six consecutive strikes that was ineffective last time. I also rush in as well.

*Slash* 

Swinging the giant blade of light toward her and dealing miniscule damage.

*Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* 

Maova did the same once again and continue to use the same technique a few times over, I think I got some good hits in-between as well. Hopefully.

*Blow*

“Ah!” I let out as a power gust of winds suddenly push us away and made us lose our momentum. 

*Shatter*

The chains break… that’s not good. Her wounded body then quickly healed itself.

“So you’re both not a disappointment after all” She said with a noticeable smirk on her. Maova look more terrified than ever. Did she just heal herself to almost full with one spell? How absurd.

*Zoom* *Swing* *Parry*

Maova once again use [Warp] to get a good swing at her, but it doesn’t work out like last time. Maova’s movement seems strained after the barrages of attack she just did against her mother.

*Lunge* *Swing* *Parry*

“Gah!” I let out after lunging toward Mother and do an overhead swing, she parried it with ease, pushing me back and made me roll on the floor for a while, my enchantment is gone by this point. Guess that approach is never going to work.

*Dash*

Damn! She’s rushing toward me!

*Swing* *Block*

“Geh!” That one swing was enough to push me back, even after I block it.

*Swing*

Oh no-

*Zoom* *Block*

“Close call!” Maova noted after she teleported in front of me block the attack. She also got pushed back but nowhere near as much as me. So much for not attacking unless when we don’t.

“Trust me she can be much worse than this” Maova said as if to replied to my thoughts. Mother then take a step back, what is she doing?... Multiple massive shard of ice appeared, more than a few dozens I would say. It’s launching at us.

*Strike* *Strike* *Strike*

I repel just three of-

*Stab* *Stab* *Stab* *Stab* *Stab*

“Arg!” That… was painful. How’s Maova doing again?

*Zoom* *Zoom* *Zoom* *Zoom* *Zoom* *Zoom* *Zoom*

Teleport spamming. That’s it. I’m greatly wounded at this point… obviously… [High Heal]... I think this’ll be enough for now. I grip my sword and rush toward her as she focus on Maova. I concentrated on granting the power of light to my sword once again and swing.

*Swing* *Discharge*

I wasn’t exactly in a correct position to slash at her directly, so I ended up accidentally discharging the light covering the sword toward her instead. That wasn’t my plan at all.

“Interesting” She said with a small grin after getting hit. Suddenly there are winds surrounding her sword, at this point the ice barrages are still launched toward Maova, who’s still teleporting around.

*Swing* *Discharge*

“Oof!” I let out getting hit by some sort of beam of wind from that sword. She essentially use an attack from my one slip ups. 

*Discharge* *Discharge* *Discharge* *Discharge* *Discharge*

“Aaa!” I scream in pained, though I tried to keep it down to not concern Maova. Mother literally just use that technique many more times on me with little room between each.

*Flap*

Suddenly a pair of wings appeared behind her and she rush toward Maova who is still teleporting around using them.

*Grab*

She grab her neck!

*Punch*

And punch her in the face!

*Smash*

And smash her onto the ground putting her in place.

*Zoom*

But that doesn’t work-

*Swing* *Parry*

And neither is Maova’s counterattack. Maova then look around to see me injured with good deal of my clothes damaged, she look concerned as all hell right now. Not a good time for that.

“No distraction in battle!” Maova’s mother said in an extremely harsh tone as she lunge herself to Maova with her blade in hand.

*Stab*

Stabbing Maova right in the chest, then pulling her blade out. Even if that doesn’t kill her it’s still going to be painful. Maova collapse onto the floor kneeling down in pain. Somehow she managed to keep herself from screaming.

*Throw* *Stab*

...No… I can’t scream as well… I can managed... that was lodged into my chest, complete bullseye… she walked to me and-

“Guh…” Pull her blade out of my chest and I also collapse into the floor kneeling in… extreme amount of pain. I really don’t want to scream in front of any of them, that’ll be a show of weakness…

“I think I’m done, that was fun if nothing else” Mother said dismissively. Maova’s expression said otherwise however. She hold her right arm up.

“[The spear that strikes its target no matter the wielder, use my blood as your vessel: Gungnir]!” She chanted as she struggle to stand up, in her right hand is a spear and she-

*Dash*

Rush toward her mother, who look in surprise as Maova is still not completely healed from her wound yet.

*Stab*

She got a good hit in. Stabbing her mother’s right shoulder. Mother meanwhile smirk, putting her hand on the blood spear.

“It’s good that you don’t give up, but this is the end” She said as she forcibly remove the spear from her shoulder, then blast Maova with her wind magic that make Maova fly off a few feet.

“Now then Yeig, come and heal us” Mother said to Kaa-san who now approach her after the duel is over. She playfully twirl her staff around then suddenly I feel a lot less painful, less hurt I supposed, my wounds are closing quickly for certain. I stand back up and walk to the two.

“Thought I’ll get a better shot in than that” Maova said as she did the same, rubbing her neck, and beckon me to get closer, no doubt for some blood.

*Chomp*

It’s strange how good this felt, but at least it’s proof of our relationship… after a while we’re done, and then look back at Kaa-san.

“So I guess you all want to go back now right?” Kaa-san asked.

“Yeah, I’m done” Mother said.

“Same here, let’s go for a nice break” Maova said.

“Don’t want to miss out on seeing my sister back up” I said.

“Guess we’ll all go back now then” Kaa-san said.

*Warp*

Then warp all of us back to their room. They are still sleeping. Kaa-san, Maova and I stand and check on their condition, Mother simply sit down at a nearby table.

“Say, what should their race be?” Kaa-san asked.

“I’m not sure, Rosia do you have any idea?” Maova replied while asking me.

“How can I have any? I’m not knowledgeable on such a subject” I replied.

“Well if you can’t think of anything why don’t just make the sister the same race as you?” Kaa-san purposed.

“And what about this girl?” Maova asked considering the friend of sis.

“I can turn her into a demi-human if you can’t think of anything” Kaa-san said.

“You can do that?” Maova asked.

“Sure can” She replied.

“Why didn’t you tell me that?” Maova asked.

“You never ask” Kaa-san replied with a chuckle.

“Ugh… what type can she be?” Maova asked sounding irritated.

“All kinda really, I can make her even a mythological creature if you want” Kaa-san said. Maova then pondered for a bit.

“Hmmm, that sounds tempting” Maova commented while trying to hide her grin.

“Just so you know I have all sorts of stuffs necessary to do the changes” Kaa-san said.

“...How about a kitsune? Would that work?” Maova said. I have no idea what that is. 

“Sure can, thought you can try doing it yourself, they are somewhat demonic in nature” Kaa-san said.

“Really? Then I can actually try making her one?” Maova asked.

“Well since you have limited experience with doing something like this maybe I can do it for you, if that’s alright” Kaa-san replied.

“If you think that’s better then that’s fine” Maova said.

“Guess that settles it then, be right back” Kaa-san said.

*Zoom*

And teleport away again.

“What is a kitsune?” I asked. I have never heard of something like that before.

“Do you know of foxes?” She asked back.

“I have heard of it, some sort of dog like creature with pointy ears, orange fur maybe on the red side” I replied.

“Well think of kitsune as an extremely intelligent and mystical fox, who often can change form to be like that of humans, or live on as a spirit, usually do trickery or guiding others” She explained.

“Sounds like a type of demon” I noted. Especially with what Kaa-san just said.

“Perhaps they are, perhaps they aren’t” She replied.

*Zoom*

“Alright I’m back, when they wake up we’ll change them, any second thoughts or changes to… changes?” Kaa-san asked after she teleport back.

“Well Rosia? What do you want for your sister? Like maybe hair color or eyes changed, something along those line” Maova asked for my opinion, which I don’t have regarding this. 

“Can’t we just ask her regarding that?” I said.

“I mean we could, but would two kids have much to say on the matter?” Maova asked.

“How should I know? If they can’t think of anything… I’ll just go with her having light pink hair and green eyes or something” I said dismissively.

“Will keep that in mind then, still aren’t you worried about consent?” Maova asked.

“Well it is definitely a cause for concern, but… I think we can deal with that if they refused” I replied, honestly not completely sure of myself.

“By the way what color scheme should this girl have?” Kaa-san asked as she point at the friend.

“I think… red hair and blue eyes maybe…” Maova said not completely sure of herself.

“You said it not me” Kaa-san replied.

“They will wake up soon correct?” I asked for confirmation.

“Yep, just wait” Kaa-san replied…

...Movement, I can see movement. From those two. 

20