Book 2: Chapter 3: Lord: Setting In
441 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So… do you get the idea?” I nervously asked as she look through the multiple consoles and games I opened up in my room.

“More or less. Games that are displayed as moving images and these are for inputs. Multiple kind of set pieces to play it and many type of games within this type of entertainment” She simplified it rather well, considering no one should even know about these things.

“That’s right” I replied.

*Zoom*

“So this is where you were” Kaa-san said suddenly teleporting in.

“Are you done already?” I asked.

“Yep, Verm and… what’s her name again? Kazami?” That’s not even close to her actual name.

“I think it’s Belphi” I corrected.

“Yeah her, both of them run into some trouble” It’s kind of ridiculous that Mom would find any trouble at all, please tell me it’s not a powerful enemy or something.

“And what is this trouble exactly?” I asked feeling concerned... She stood in silence for a bit…

“Eh, nothing important. I have it under control so no need to worry” Kaa-san said. Even if she’s extremely powerful I’m not completely convinced, she wouldn’t have made that pause otherwise.

“Kaa-san that’s not exactly convincing” I said.

“It’s really nothing to worry about, I deal with and it won’t happen again, it’s that simple” She said really insisting on this not being a concern… she probably won’t moved from that stance so maybe I should drop the issue from now.

“Okay fine. I’ll believe you” I said. 

“Glad we could agree on that… so you introduce it all to her” She said as she notice the stuff lying around.

“Yeah, speak about what you think Rosia” I replied and asked.

“I would say staying still and playing something like this doesn’t seem productive in the slightest, but games are more about enjoyment than being productive so whatever. I’m still quite fascinated though, perhaps I’ll try it” She said. Well I did expect her to point out how pointless this all seems, but I sure didn’t expect her to be so chill about it, let alone taking interest.

“Seems she’s fine it with” Kaa-san said.

“Yeah you’re both right and all that. How about we stop discussing this?” I replied feeling embarrassed.

“Sure why not. Well since this whole deal is over guess I’ll go do other things” Kaa-san said.

*Zoom*

Then warp away… I turn to look at Rosia.

“If you’re not comfortable with letting me start trying these things out then that’s fine” She said.

“Eh… After what we’ve been through I feel like the first decision after that is to play games and all that isn’t an appropriate response I supposed… like there’s something else we should do first and I can’t put my hand on it” I explained.

“I’m not sure how exploring the forest without a goal in mind is any better” She remarked. She sure love to point out everything.

“Fair enough, I’m just not completely where we’ll go from here” I responded.

“Indeed… Ah. I have one thing I would like to do” Rosia said after realizing something. Wouldn’t great if she realized it sooner and make the situation less awkward.

“What is it that you want to do?” I asked.

“Visit my sister of course. I’m not sure how well she fared since yesterday” Oh… that should’ve been obvious wouldn’t it. Checking up on her.

“Right, we should’ve done that” I replied. Now when it comes to where her room is… I think I remember the place so let’s try to teleport there. I reach my hand to Rosia hoping she knows what I meant… and she certainly does.

*Zoom*

We arrived at the front of her room… well it’s also shared with her friend as well, while the librarian got a different room altogether. 

*Open*

“Hello?” I said as I open the door.

“Revia? Are you there?” Rosia said as she enter as well. 

“Ah! Sis!” Revia is in fact in her living room currently along with her friend… Yuuna if my memory serves. Seems like they’re both sitting at a table conversing for a while until we come here.

“How are you doing?” Rosia asked as she sits down as well, and I do the same.

“I’m fine Sis, nothing wrong going on” Revia replied. 

“That’s great to hear. I hope you can live here without any trouble” Rosia said to her sounding relieved,

“I’ll make sure she can live just fine” Yuuna said confidently. I do wonder how well they’ll actually do, they’re now separated from human society and I doubt they can fully cope with that so quickly. On Revia’s side it’s apparent she doesn’t have the best relationship with her parents so no worries there, but what about Yuuna? What about her parents? Maybe other associated with her? I think it’s something I should brought up.

“Say, since this place isn’t a human settlement the rules around here would be quite different, could you live with that? While chances are you both won’t leave this place without us tagging along, perhaps there will be time we won’t be there. The society is for the lack of a better term, more primitive, it’s really more about struggling for yourself out there, sure there are a sort of law enforcement going around making sure thing doesn’t completely fall apart, but that’s about it” I asked, explaining how this society work. Both of them ponder for while.

“I’m… scared of going into a place like that” Revia replied.

“Well I’m going to make everyone look like a fool messing with us!” Yuuna proclaimed. She’s definitely quite ambitious if nothing else. I wonder if I worded it a bit too negatively.

“Mind you people here aren’t necessarily aggressive, just that for their own sake perhaps they wouldn’t help you out and therefore you have to manage without much assistance, people won’t go around killing each other and what not” I clarified. 

“Well I’m still gonna make sure no one mess with us!” Yuuna still proudly proclaimed.

“Please don’t go around making trouble” Revia asked.

“If you say so” Yuuna replied casually, doesn’t look like she’s taking it to heart. I wonder how she’ll react to this question I wonder.

“Say Yuuna. What about your parents and other friends?” I asked.

“Eh, I don’t care” She said dismissively. Seems like she doesn’t care. That’s convenient all things considered, though that also explained why she’s so enthusiastic an out sticking around with Revia. It’s convenient but it’s also troubling in a way.

“Really? Yuuna… actually what’s your last name again?” I asked.

“Trania” She replied, though I doubt she’ll be keeping that for much longer.

“Yuuna Trania, can you say for certain that your tie to humanity can be disregarded so easily?” I asked in a bit of a sinister tone.

“Y-Yes!” She hesitates for a second there but I don’t think that’s much of a problem, besides she’s the one saying it, not my problem if she complain about it later. That was more of teasing than testing anyway.

“If you say so” I said. Now what else should be brought to their attention… I think… did we ever say what this place even actually is? Like where we are and the type of people in this forest, because I don’t think I actually did.

“Say Maova. How much free reign can they have in exploring this land anyway? No doubt the forest as a whole is much more dangerous than what these two are used to” Rosia asked. Seems like she’s been thinking about this situation as well. I really don’t have a definitive answer to that just yet.

“No real answer there. I think that at least going outside of this massive forest isn’t allowed. With us with them I mean” I replied.

“What about in this castle? And whatever settlement is outside this place?” Rosia asked further. Well that’s somewhat simple.

“They’ll stay here on this floor, they can’t leave this castle without supervision, visiting any of us is allowed of course if we’re there. Outside this place I would say is fine as well, if we’re along for the ride” I replied.

“I see. What do you two think?” Rosia noted to herself and asked the two. 

“I’m fine with that” Revia replied.

“So am I” Yuuna said.

“Guess there’s no objection then” Rosia commented. That aside I should brought up the facts now.

“By the way you two, despite all of us except the librarian and Kaa-san being demons, people outside of this place aren’t, so don’t go around addressing them as such okay?” I said. They look confused, as to be expected.

“You see. The ‘demons’ humans have supposedly been at war with for ages aren’t demons at all. Just humans with some extra features, they’re not really all that different from humans, so there’s no need to expect them to behave drastically different from humans” I explained. Doesn’t look like they fully understand just yet.

“In short. They’re not demon, not completely human, they’re demi-humans, so don’t go around thinking they’re either. Got it?” I simplified. They silently nod. That surprisingly went without much difficulty.

“Glad you two understand that. Anyhow Rosia do you have anything to add?” I asked. 

“One thing for certain is to think of what they can do in their spare time. After all even you have trouble with that” Rosia said. Just have to throw shades at me at every conceivable moment. 

“Well if nothing else… games would work. Not the one I showed you but just regular, classic games” I suggested.

“And what do you have in mind? What type of game?” Rosia asked.

“I mean that depends on what these two like. What about it?” I said looking at the two.

“Honestly I’m not a big fan of games. I like moving around and having fun, Revia have to answer this” Yuuna said. Guess she’s more of an outdoor person.

“I… don’t really have any ideas either” Well guess this is going to be a wild goose chase. I have to think of something…

“Well guess I’ll go find some and you’ll just have to try them out at some point. That aside is there anything you two do in spare time indoors?” I said and asked.

“I read some books” Revia replied.

“Just hanging out with Revia really, and indoor exercise” Yuuna replied. She’s quite an active girl. Well training ground and library exist here. Though there are multiple training grounds, one for the family and another for the troops, but I don’t think it’s a safe place for kids to hang around in, I think Kaa-san can help with that, perhaps adjusting something or moving the place around. The library is massive as well, Mom said Kaa-san put a bunch of her belongings in there, many confusing records and so forth no doubt, not something a kid should read, that I think Kaa-san need to take care of as well.

“It’ll take a bit of time to prepare, but there should be place for that two activities” I said. They look enthusiastic about this for certain.

“Really?” Yuuna asked for clarification.

“Yep, just need some time to clear the place is all” I said. I mean it’s more than that but it should be fine. I think the library should be fine but maybe have someone clear the place up first would be good.

“Hold on. You have a library in this place?” Rosia said suddenly interjected.

“Yeah, why?” I answered.

“I like reading as well and you didn’t tell me about this” She explained… well this is another oversight… I should’ve known considering she talk about it a few times… I mean she said nothing entertain her yet now she said she likes reading… I’m not sure if she just forgot or what exactly… I won’t call her out, not directly anyway.

“Sorry, another oversight on my part, I don’t know you have enjoyment with that” I said sounding a bit sarcastic so she might pick up some hints… and it looks like she does.

“Perhaps I should clarify on that more” She said. Well it’s better than her not admitting anything at all. Now what else should we brought up to their attention… 

“Um, so we won’t meet anyone new anymore?” Revia suddenly asked. 

“I mean it’s in your best interest really, why do you ask?” I replied.

“It feels kind of strange without many people around” She explained. Guess it’s her way of saying she wants to at least see other people as well, be it curiosity or what I cannot tell. Still I guess seeing the same few face over and over isn’t exactly something everyone can tolerate… I have an idea.

“Well I do know a few people, so maybe you can go meet them at some point, only younger than you by a year or so” I said. Revia look interested.

“Really?” She asked for clarification.

“Of course. Though I think at this point and time you should stay here and get more comfortable first” I replied. 

“Are you talking about them?” Rosia asked.

“Yep, it should be fine” I replied. Those kids seem friendly enough.

“What are they like?” Yuuna asked.

“They’re friendly and like to go on an adventure, having fun and all that” I explained. Admittedly I didn’t really know much of them pass that, but little I did see I think they’ll get along.

“Sounds fun” Yuuna noted.

“I’ll introduce them later, at this point I think you two should keep resting and gather your thoughts, your needs should be dealt with sooner or later” I said. Well I think there’s nothing to else to say further.

“Say Maova, do you think your parents would cooperate so readily?” Rosia asked sounding slightly skeptical. 

“What? I trust them, and they help me all the time, even if it gets excessive in places” I replied. 

“If you insist” Rosia said. Perhaps she doesn’t believe anyone would go that far to help someone, or rather she doesn’t think those of one’s family will go that far, which considering her background is understandable, though perhaps a mindset a tad too cynical.

“Anyhow do you two have anything else to ask? Or anything you want us to do now?” I asked, can’t exactly leave anything unanswered and let that being a problem later on.

“Umm… nothing from me” Revia said.

“Yeah I got nothing” Yuuna said. Guess the discussion between us ends here for now, not that I have any concrete idea of what to do or where to go next… 

“I see, well we’ll come see you sooner or later, but for now I’ll go do other things” I said despite not being sure of what to do next, either let Rosia try those things or maybe visit Mom… I guess the latter then? I stand up and Rosia follow suit.

“Sis, I’ll come meet you later. I promise” Rosia said. I grab her wrist and-

*Zoom*

17