Book 2: Chapter 5: Lord: Forest of Searching
463 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haaa… that was just… crazy” I said feeling extremely exhausted. Seriously where did she find all that energy to keep going for hours on end… 

“I… can still… keep going…” Rosia said still trying to keep going, despite being obviously exhausted as well… Wait is it day outside? Hold on what!?

“Hold it!” I said and she went stiff. 

“W-What is-”

“It’s already the next day! Rosia I have stuff to do can we please rest and ready to go out” I explained. She comply thankfully. Haaa, that’s the breathing room I need. Now then let’s think about what I’ll be doing today… well obviously I have to go to the girls to talk to them about Revia and Yuuna, also I have to get the flowers from them as well. What else… I think that’s it, nothing else, perhaps Kaa-san would come up with something for me to do at some point, same with Mom. Well I think none of that really matter right now and I should keep resting for a while…

 

#####

 

What time is it… well I think it’s a good time to go now, we already dress up properly and now I think it’s time go… actually I wonder if bringing those two along instead of the other way around would be a good idea, I can’t really be certain, let’s ask Rosia for her opinion.

“Hey Rosia, if we bring Revia and Yuuna along would that be fine?” I asked.

“I think that depends on how responsible you are” She remarked. Still a smartass isn’t she.

“Bringing them along it is” I said as I grab her and-

*Zoom*

“Whoa!” Yuuna let out.

“Wha!” Revia let out. 

“Say you two, how about we go on a trip?” I said. Hold on when did they get these clothes? Revia get a regular white dress but Yuuna just got Japanese clothes, pink yutaka with white flower patterns to be exact. Must’ve been Kaa-san.

“What trip?” Revia asked.

“Meeting your new friend and see the outside a little. Well we won’t be exploring at much really” I explained. I mean we might not at all if those rambunctious bunch actually stay put for once.

“Umm… will we be fine?” Revia asked further.

“Well I’ll save you either way!” Yuuna declared.

“Rosia and I will protect you two, no need to worry” I answered. 

“So where are we going?” Revia asked.

“Well like I said the people I mentioned briefly yesterday. Mind you they’re not nobles or anything of the sort so no expecting anything refined or sophisticated okay?” I said.

““Okay”” Both Revia and Yuuna replied. 

“Now then, every stay close to me okay?” I said as I look at them clinging to me. I think this is good enough.

*Zoom*

Now we’re in their neighborhood. I don’t think we’ve been spotted by anyone and I haven’t seen anyone around. I wonder if those kids actually sneak out and go for some adventure, that’ll be problematic if that’s the case.

“Where are we?” Revia asked.

“Part of the settlement of the demi-humans, they should be friendly enough. Anyway if my memory is correct her house should be there” I said as I walk to Tana’s house with the three following me. I think I should knock like a polite person would.

*Knock* *Knock* *Open*

“Hello?... Ah! Miss Maova, it’s great to see you again, please come in” The wolf woman said as she walk inside.

“You heard her” I said as I walk in as well. We all went in and find somewhere to sit, the woman seems a little taken aback by the amount of people entering.

“Excuse me but is there something you need of me?” She asked. I look around and see the flower still being there… it look a bit sinister, like having sinister aura around it if you would, but that probably won’t be a big deal, especially if I take it off them right now. Anyway that’s not the only reason I’m here

“You see there are two things I’m here for. One is that I need that flower back, second is… actually where is Tana and the other girls? Everyone else for that matter” I said pointing at the flower while also realizing that no one else is around.

“Oh, they went into the forest again. My husband, Jinnah, the parents of the other girls, and even Elisa all went out to search for them right now, along with hunting for some supplies” The woman explained. Seems this trip won’t be that simple

“I see, well I was planning to introduce these girls, I think they could use some friends. I supposed that’ll be fine” I said while gesturing toward Revia and Yuuna.

“Of course. I’m sure those three and Elisa would love be friends with them” The woman said confidently. Well if they’re missing there’s one of two things I can do. Either wait here or go search for them as well, and the choice is obvious.

“If it’ll go as well as you said perhaps we should help with the search as well, what do you say you three” I said standing up and looking at the three.

“Of course I’ll help, but what about you two?” Rosia said while directing a question at Revia and Yuuna.

“I… I’ll help out as well!” Revia said. Rosia look slightly concerned but don’t say anything.

“Then I’ll help out as well!” Yuuna said. Honestly they’ll probably slow us down but if they insist then why not, chances are nothing dangerous will happen anyway.

“Then let’s go, we’ll come back later when the girls are back” I said.

“Thank you for your help” She replied. 

 

#####

 

And so we walk around in this forest looking for the girls. Considering the weird nature of this forest and the size of the damn thing finding them won’t be easy, even detecting-type magic are not very useful in a place like this, still better use it than not of course.

“Sis, what are these girls like?” Revia asked as we continue walking.

“Maova know about them more than me” Rosia replied. Guess I have to step in.

“You see, these kids love adventuring in the woods, fighting and improving themselves, friendly and outgoing. I think you’ll find them quite pleasant if their friendliness isn’t too off putting” I explained.

“Okay” Revia replied. Doesn’t look like she have anything to say. Well I guess it’s time to keep moving forward, making sure nothing slip pass us of course… There are some life forms around here, need to make sure none of them get a jump on us.

*Leap* *Slash*

I slash an incoming wolf in half. Revia and Yuuna jumped when they noticed it. Well let’s see if any other creatures dared to get near us.

I’ll get rid of them all anyway.

*Beam*

Multiple beam of light pierced through the woods and made contact with the creatures. I can sense that all of them are dead, so no need to bother going up close and check them all. Signature of these creatures and those more sophisticated like humans and demi-humans are quite different, so I’m pretty certain I didn’t hit any of them, and they probably aren’t around here since we’re not that far from the settlement yet, if they were they probably would be brought back at this point.

“Let’s keep searching” I said as I began walking again.

 

#####

 

“Sis… I’m tired” Revia said unable to keep walking, Yuuna also look tired if not to the same extent.

“No need to worry. I’ll carry you” Rosia said, then pick up and carry Revia… in something like a bridal carry I would say.

“I wanna try that someday” Yuuna said that quietly. I mean I kinda already did that with Rosia and I’m still embarrassed from that, I wonder if she’ll do it on me… Wait now is not the time for such a thought!

“S-Sis this embarrassing!” Revia protested.

“I’ll make sure anyone dare to insult for this shut up permanently, so no need to worry” Rosia said, then look at me signaling me to keep going. 

 

#####

 

*Slash*

“And another one bite the dust” I said as I killed a bear rushing toward us. It’s been about half an hour and still no sign of them. All this time I’m the one fighting with Rosia apparently too preoccupied with carrying her sister and don’t bother with spells, while Yuuna is too weak and tired to do anything. 

“Still no sign of them” Rosia noted.

“No kidding, I think we should try something else” I said as I-

*Flap*

Bring out my wings.

“Rosia, you keep those two safe, I’ll survey the surrounding area and do not move from your position” I commanded.

*Fly*

Let’s see… This place being so big and full of trees make it really hard to navigate… I should fly and look around here but try to not stray far from them. 

…Nothing so far, I need to take a closer more in-depth look… I detect something! It’s… not the girls but might as well meet them. I need to go get Rosia and the others first.

*Land*

“What did you find?” Rosia asked.

“You’ll see, let’s go meet them ourselves” I said as I take the lead in walking toward them.

“Whoa!” Something is flying toward us!

*Block*

Thankfully my shield of light block it in time. I’m not really settled on what elemental shield I’ll mainly use. A bear just fly toward us, someone kick it this way, and I can guess who the perpetrator is.

“Wasn’t expecting you there” That dragon lady said as she walk toward me along with that long haired wolf man. 

“Oh! What are you doing here lady?” The wolf man asked.

“I heard you were looking for those girls, and I think of doing the same is all” I explained.

“Really? Thanks for helping us out” He replied with a smile.

“Well this reunion is quite touching but perhaps we should continue searching, I also believe this one will do quite nicely” Jinnah or whatever her name is said as she pick up the bear’s corpse.

“Yeah, maybe we should keep searching, sorry to cut this meeting short” The wolf man said.

“Eh it’s not a problem, I guess most of around here you already searched?” I replied.

“Yep, so those girls probably aren’t here” He responded. 

“Guess I’ll see you both later then” I said… and there they goes, wasn’t much of a meeting was it.

“So much for going out of our way to meet them” Rosia commented.

“Well we’ll meet up with them later, anyway should we continue to search for them by foot or what?” I said. Well only Rosia and I know how to fly, Revia should be able to if she practiced at all, while Yuuna being a magical being of sort in kitsune should be able to if she practiced a good deal of magic, which I doubt she did in a span of a day or so… Hmm… 

“We can really only do it on foot” Rosia said, was expecting that but kinda hope she’ll come up with something.

“I’m… tired” Yuuna said looking exhausted. At this point slow pace is the only option isn’t it.

“Well by foot it is, and as for you Yuuna… Hup!” I said and picked up Yuuna with her shakily sit on my left shoulder. 

“T-Thank you” Yuuna said, her ear perked there for a moment, it’s cute. 

“Alright Rosia, time to keep moving” I said as I continue walking elsewhere.

“Hear hear” She replied.

 

#####

 

Another half an hour passed and no sign of any of them.

“Um… Miss Maova I think I can walk now” Yuuna said. Well it has been quite a while since she rest on my shoulder so she should be better now, and so I let her down. I then take a look at Revia who is… sleeping?

“Rosia how long as she been asleep?” I asked.

“I didn’t noticed” Rosia without any sign of shame or hesitation said so. Guess she doesn’t find it to be an issue.

“Well I think she should wake up now” I said as I walk up to Rosia holding Revia.

*Rub*

“Wake up now” I said as I rub her head.

“Ugh… Sis?” Revia said as she began to wake up.

“Sis I didn’t do that” Rosia said looking weird. Is there something I’m missing here? Revia now stand as Rosia put her down.

“Am I missing something?” I asked genuinely confused, like I’m doing something only they should know about? Something that I shouldn’t be doing?

“Oh it’s nothing, just that your way of waking her up is the same as mine” Rosia explained somewhat awkwardly and hesitantly.

“That’s quite a coincidence” I replied. That sounds fishy alright, I’m not completely certain if that’s just a coincidence or something more… 

“Even the way you rub is the same!” Revia declared. Is it that distinct of a rub to fret over? What have I done?

“Okay now you’re getting weirdly specific” I said feeling uncomfortable. Looking around trying to detect any sign of anyone else around. Doesn’t look like it.

“It’s hard to ignore when a few similarities showed up” Rosia said.

“Look now it not the time for this! Why is this of all things the tipping point? Please drop this case for now” I said. Honestly of all the thing that have to be brought up, a freaking head pat of all things happened to be a tipping point to some kind of revelation, what kind of world am I living in!?

“If you insist, but I believe we should discussed this at some point” Rosia replied, thank goodness she doesn’t press any further, I need some time to compose myself and think this over.

“Yeah we can do that, anyway let’s get a move on” I said as I began walking again really wanting this to be over with.

*Leap* *Slash*

“Still creatures ignorant of their place exist” I commented slashing at an incoming kobold, seem it thinks it’s smart enough to make an ambush. It’s always so satisfying to say those one-liners. I of course continue walking and searching.

 

#####

 

“Haaa… Haaa…” Revia is taking a few deep breaths as she’s getting exhausted again, while Yuuna is slightly out of breath, despite both now being of a much stronger race it seems being a young teen without much training I presumed still means their stamina isn’t the best. Perhaps I should have them train at some point, though I don’t want to force that on them, and Rosia would reprimanded me more than likely… maybe.

“Need more rest Sis?” Rosia asked.

“I’m… still fine” Revia replied despite the obvious sign of heir exhaustion. At this point I’m really tired from searching for them, mentally. I’m just going to try something crazy.

*Spark*

I began concentrating and conjuring electricity, others seem a bit taken aback and in fact keep their distance.

*Flash* *Rumble*

I blast it into the air as a massive beam of electricity.

“What the hell were you thinking?” Rosia asked as she approached me.

“I was hoping some people would notice that so maybe at least someone would come here” I explained.

“The scale of that spell is so ridiculous I doubt anyone would be crazy enough to approach” Rosia said, that was just a kingdom-scale attack, I doubt it’s something that needs to be fretted over that much. 

“I mean those kids don’t look like they operate much on common sense anyway, they might flock here” I replied, I’m pretty certain adventuring out into the unknown woods of the supernatural and mystery is something people with common sense holding them back will do.

“Are you serious on about that?” Rosia asked.

“I mean why else would I do it?” I replied. I mean it’s maybe a bit far fetched of a plan but it might works.

“Your way of thinking is just… Huh?” Rosia suddenly stop her line of thought, what did she noticed.

“What is it?” I asked. She silently point behind me and so I take a look… wow I’m actually right on this.

*Dash*

“““Wha!””” The group collectively yelled. Seems me approaching them quickly was very unexpected.

“Hello there” I said as I take a step back giving them some room. Others then walk up to us.

“Oh hi! Who are you two?” Tana suddenly said as she noticed the two girls. Immediately put on a friendly face.

“They’re kids about the same age as you, I just think maybe I should introduce you to them” I said as both Revia and Yuuna walk to get a closer look at them.

“Really? What’s your name? I’m Tana” Tana said to Revia and Yuuna who look somewhat perplexed by how friendly she is.

“I’m Revia” Revia said.

“And I’m Yuuna, her best friend” Yuuna followed up.

“Hi Revia, Yuuna. I’m Ragi” Ragi the bull girl said.

“I’m Mani” Mani said while also looking at Yuuna suspiciously.

“What?” Yuuna asked.

“You’re kinda like me but not? That’s what I felt” Mani replied. One is a kitsune and another a foxkin, similar but not quite the same. Seems Mani can notice that.

“Just some small difference no need to look much into it. I hope you all will get along” I said. 

“Same here” Tana said.

“Well now that we actually find them let’s get back” Rosia said.

“Huh? But it’s still in the morning!” Tana complained. Seems they want to continue adventurering. Great now what?

“So much for going out of our way looking for them. What do you say Rosia?” I said.

“It’s your call” She replied. Well I don’t know what I can really do in this situation. I’m fine with being out here for a bit longer, but the girls really need some rest and I can’t, or rather don’t want to forcibly stop this trio. What am I supposed to do?

“Found you!” A man’s voice is suddenly heard. I look back to see the wolf man and Jinnah. Seems they catch up to us, somehow.

“You can’t catch me dad!” Tana said as she run off somewhere else, with Ragi and Mani struggling to keep up with her. Her dad went after her but Jinnah stop at us.

“What is it?” I asked.

“That man could probably handle those kids, I’d rather not get too involved” She replied. Well that’s her business not mine.

“So now what?” Rosia asked.

“I mean at this point we’ve inconvenienced these two enough, we’ll go back and report on the situation. Jinnah you stay here and make sure nothing bad happened” I said as I beckoned others to get close for the teleportation.

“Acknowledged” Jinnah replied.

“Good” I responded. Now let’s get outta here and do something else, and letting the girls have some rest and all.

*Zoom*

12