Book 2: Chapter 7: Lord: Meaningless Alternative
402 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The place is quiet and high up, we’ve been fighting some dragons up here for a while, the sun is still high up in the sky so it haven’t been that long, but it seems we’ve loose our restrain and go around killing perhaps too much. Now we’re just looking at the world below from here.

“It’s nothing but greenery, but isn’t it slightly breathtaking?” I asked looking down at the forest those persecuted call home.

“It’s not bad, but I’m not interested” Rosia replied. No beast is near us, so we can have this conversation right now.

“Well you aren’t interested in many things anyway. So what do you think? About what it is that we should do next” I asked as the wind howls.

“...Since we’re here alone, how about explaining yourself?” Rosia said.

“Explaining what exactly?” I asked, despite knowing full well what it is.

And she knows it.

“Alright then…” I said with myself at the edge facing her.

“I doubt you actually have any intent with why or how did you know, but it’s still nagging at me” Rosia noted.

“What if I were to told you, that no matter what you try to coerce it out of me, I can’t give you a definitive answer” I said to her, very much serious about what I said.

“But still you have some idea do you not?” Rosia retort.

“Haa… what’s even the point of hiding anything between us. Anyway, this is still just a conjecture and nothing more” I said.

“Then why don’t you ask someone who might be able to tell the truth?” Rosia asked.

“And why haven’t you? I doubt either of us think that far in just a few hours, regardless things should cleared up at some point, so why even bother with a conjecture?” I retort.

“Because I want to know what you think, you’re mine, and I’m yours, of course I want to know what you have to say, even before the truth truly came out” Rosia explained, we’re definitely sounding more and more dramatic as this goes on aren’t we… 

“That’s romantic and all… well fine, but don’t take what I said as fact okay?” I said. Well if what I said turn out to be true this romantic situation would be a lot more awkward.

“Considering your track record of course I won’t” Rosia snarked.

“Ouch. Anyway you know how there are different worlds right?” I started.

“Yes, your mother talk about it, the books in the library talk about it, it’s considered more real than not” She replied.

“Within this world I came from, or at least a part of me, people also interpreted how each world in connected, with many explanations differ from the last. One of these explanation is that one thing in one world will have a counterpart in another, to put it simply, something exist in one world, something similar or opposite exist in another, like one being exist in multiple reality at once, with slight differences at best” I said. The likelihood is not improbable, and it’s an uncomfortable fact, but I just have to convince her that regardless of the truth it won’t change a damn thing.

“...So you’re saying that there exist a version of people, nature, and land here but in a different world?” Rosia asked for clarification.

“Exactly, perhaps they’re counterpart due to sharing similar fate, characteristic, or maybe something else entirely, if the counterpart were to ever met, it’ll be like a perfect match” I clarified.

“...And a part of your soul came from this other world” Rosia noted.

“Right… How about I tell a tale? There was this one boy who live a not so happy life, living with someone who doesn’t care for them… and-”

“The boy’s parent show favoritism toward the younger sibling, but regardless of that the two grow close as siblings, even if the parent isn’t exactly keen on that” Rosia finished my sentence as if already understanding how things went in place. 

“Where did you learn all of that?” I asked.

“I am a demon who not only consume flesh and lust, but also dream, did you forget?” She explained. I actually forget about that didn’t I… 

“Yeah, guess you get a peek in” I replied.

“And this boy’s soul became a part of you, and that soul is a parallel to mine, sharing similar fate… it certainly explain why we’re on the same page most of the time, and why some of our preferences and action are as well” Rosia said sounding somewhat amused and voice cracking a little. There’s always been a feeling of resonance, this must’ve been why.

“Ridiculous is it not?” I asked. The connection between us are obvious we dared to accept it as fact without much confirmation.

“No doubt about it. So all this time the person I loved most is myself, if that’s not ridiculous what else could it be?” She said as she walk closer.

“Regardless of what is true, I’ll never let this feeling go, and nothing will change that” I said as she get close and personal.

“How ironic, all this time I’ve been doubting myself, hating my weak self of the past, and never completely sure of how well I’ll fare, I self-deprecate myself oh so many time, yet the person I loved most is also me” Rosia said as she wrapped her arms around me and hugging me. I return the favor.

“Same could be said on my end. Even if I’m not fully that person anymore, it’s no doubt rather strange is it not? Two different selves of one fell in love, how the world twisted its narrative and make everything went this way…” I replied. I’m no longer that person, but ultimately the past of that person will haunt me from time to time.

“It’s so amusing I almost laughed, and I never laugh in my life” Rosia said.

“Well this amusing little detail aside, let’s go contemplate this back home, our home sweet home” I said and she simply nod.

*Zoom*

And now we’re back in our room… and the embrace is over.

“If this is in fact true then it would certainly explain the same way you wake her up, I’m fine with that explanation really, though I’m not how well she’ll take such a confusing news, like she have two sisters instead” Rosia commented.

“Well I’m already her sister-in-law so going one extra step shouldn’t be much of a stretch” I replied. 

“Indeed, shall we go confirm this theory then?” Rosia asked.

“If you mean seeing Kaa-san again, then that’s fine with me” I said, and we touch.

*Zoom*

“Back again I see, what is it that you want to ask?” Kaa-san said seeing us back in her living room.

“The soul of the one from a different world, is he Rosia’s countpart?” Kaa-san flinched as soon as I mentioned that, sigh, then look at us with calming eyes.

“Indeed, what a smart kid you two are. Takes me two playthroughs to figure out yet it takes you two just a few days” She said as if congratulating us.

“So you knew? Is that deliberate?” Rosia asked.

“Nope, I think someone have selfcest as one of their kinks and that’s why that random soul I dragged here is that one” Kaa-san jokingly said, well considering how someone more powerful and probably more omni-present exist it’s not out of the possibility, though that’ll just raise more concern really, so let not think about that further and conclude that it’s just a sick coincidence.

“Kaa-san, will this cause any problem? Some sort of rule of never shall the self meet?” I asked. I mean we’re fine right now but who knows what’ll happen later.

“As if. Things like that doesn’t mean anything, just be a lovely couple you two wanted to be, I’m here to support you all the way” Kaa-san replied no doubt amused.

“Thanks for telling us that, Kaa-san” I said with a smile.

“No problem there, we’re a family after all” She responded. Yeah, we are in fact a family, and that’s something Rosia doesn’t really able to enjoy.

“Kaa-san, how about we go on a trip together or something… like with all of us together, do something fun like a family would” I requested.

“Fun like a family would… it’s not a topic I’m well versed in admittedly, but if you have any idea or wanting to go somewhere I could easily set this up for us to go, even different worlds as well, or perhaps time” Kaa-san replied. Like I have any myself, it’s not something I really think about.

“I mean I don’t really know what really to do… at least gather up and talk for a bit maybe?” I said.

“Where exactly?” Kaa-san asked, she really put pressure on me… like there’s any place where I like to go specifically, this world or otherwise.

“How should I know? Not much place I enjoy being at” I replied.

“Maid café it is” Kaa-san said.

“Excuse me what?” I asked. What hell was with that sudden decision?

“If you can’t think of anything then we’ll just go there” She explained, but that place of all things?

“Why?” I asked feeling completely perplexed.

“I think a place full of girls in a maid outfit sounds pretty tasty to the eyes, we’re just a bunch of lesbians anyway” She explained, so she just wants to go ogle at them then… how would Mom even react to this?

“That’s… fine, I supposed, hanging out at a maid café. So when will we go?” I asked.

“Now now, slow down and take it easy. We’re going there tomorrow. I’ll go tell Verm about it” Kaa-san replied.

“Hearing about this place makes me a bit curious, what is it exactly?” Rosia asked.

“It’s just as the name implies, a café with the staff working there being dressed and act like a maid, there’s not much to it aside from that but there is an audience for it” I explained.

“Hmm… I guess the maid outfit are quite lovely so I can see why, though having a café revolved around it sounds a bit much, I can’t say I’m not intrigued at least” Rosia said. So this world have an attractive design for their costume as well… then again maybe someone from the other world were here and well… meddle.

“I remember getting berated for trying to get close and personal with one of the maids, it was devastating” Okay now that’s a tad too much information of your old life Rosia. Despite being stoic and serious most of the time she can be a bit of a harasser it seems, though she definitely doesn’t realize it… maybe that’s one more reason why they kicked her out, but I won’t tell her that, since that doesn’t change the fact that her life was that of misfortune even without that.

“Poor girl, well let’s end this little meeting here shall we?” Kaa-san said as she walk to the mirror in the corner over there.

“So you’re going to keep checking… stuff on her? Then let’s go Rosia” I said as we walk out... Now we’re in the hallway standing there contemplating stuff.

“I supposed that place isn’t any different from a normal café aside from that” Rosia said.

“Yeah, though I have no idea which café are we going to specifically, she would probably tell us when we actually get there, and most likely would deal with any problem that will happen herself” I confirmed.

“So now what exactly? Think of anything we should do?” Rosia asked.

“You really like finding something to do that’s for sure, well let’s check up on Mom, she should be with her unit at the training ground” I replied, doing the usual and-

*Zoom*

“How long have you been in the force!” Mom said threateningly. Did we ended up in the middle of some sort of argument?

“Sorry commander” A dogkin said sounding very ashamed.

“We were just curious about the magic-” 

“I don’t want any excuses! Thousands lap around the training ground, now!” Mom commanded.

“Y-Yes sir!” The two dogkin redshirt quickly run off doing as she said. She then noticed us nearby and walk to us, while the rest of the soldiers simply stand there not sure what to do, what even happened?

“Uh… Mom what just happened?” I asked.

“They crashed one of Yeig’s magic tool into the barrack, those imbeciles” She answered sounding very irratated.

“Yeah… sounds pretty bad. So Mom anything for us todo so maybe you’ll be less mad?” I asked.

“Go beat up the rest of them in my place, I need time to cool off” She said as she walk off… I guess she means the rest of her unit, seems she was really unhappy about that.

“So we have to take care of these soldiers? Sounds troublesome” Rosia noted.

“Yeah, but I think she just wants them to suffer more than anything else if she said to beat up the rest of them. So it’s less of taking care than anything else” I chimed in. We then walk to the stunned troops, demi-humans of all kinds are here, well the bipedal anyway.

“U-Um” One of them try to speak up.

“Shut it I’m thinking” I commanded. Let’s see… what to do… maybe just a sparring session would work, this place is also large enough to let everyone get a shot in…

“Okay, us two will be letting out some steam in the general’s place. One group go with her and one go with me. Choose quickly or share the fate of those two” I said, threatening them. Pull my katana out and point it in their direction to get the point across. Without a word all of the split up perfectly. It’s time to put them in their place.

 

#####

 

Now the two groups are apart and it’s time to start.

“Now then… start!” I said then multiple soldiers run toward me with their weapons in hand

*Parry*

I partied them all easily and knock them all back. I close in on one of them.

*Swing* *Slash* *Crash*

I swing my katana at him and send him flying, I think someone under Mom’s command could probably survive that.

“Haaa!” Someone cried out as he swing his rapier toward me, it’s that cat boy from last time.

*Swing* *Block*

I block it easily, with everyone else quickly trying to take a shot in. Not a chance. I swing my blade and push him back.

*Spin* *Swing*

“Gah!” Some of them let out as they’re pushed back by my spin slash. They already seemed overwhelmed despite the fight only starting.

“What? If this is all you got I’ll start slashing” I threatened. They all spring back up and ready to go, is that really that much of a threat? Once again they approach me but this time from all side.

*Swing* *Leap*

I jumped out of the way and let all of them hit each other, at least that’s what I hoped but they’re not that dumb so they pull out quickly, if they were they wouldn’t be here I’d reckon.

“Let’s spice this up shall we?” I said as I show an aura of power to signify how serious this will be. They all gulp no doubt scared…

 

#####

 

All of them lying on the floor exhausted, I look at the other group and the same could be seen. Ah Mom is back.

“Seems you do just as I said. Good” She said sounding the same as ever, though there’s a hint that she didn’t expect me to do it.

“Well I might’ve my arm cut off if I didn’t, right?” I replied somewhat playfully.

“Fair enough” With a small chuckle she replied.

“Ow ow ow…” The cat boy muttered as he stand back up.

“He’s a bit stronger than the rest I noticed. Any reason for that?” I asked.

“Not really. He just is, and more stand out than the rest as well” Mom replied.

“Okay then. So Mom Kaa-san would’ve tell you this sooner or later, but we’re going on a small family trip together” I said.

“Is that so. To where exactly?” She asked.

“A… maid café” I reluctantly answered.

“That’s neat, anything else do I need to know?” She asked… I was expecting a more volatile response.

“I think Kaa-san wil tell us tomorrow since that’s when we’ll go” I replied.

“I see, thanks for the info, you can go now… as for the rest of you!” Yeah I really should leave right now.

*Sprint* *Grab* *Zoom*

And we’re back in our room once again. So yeah pretty much everything is done for today.

“So Rosia, what should be do for the rest of the day?” I asked.

“The usual” She said… is she insinuating that?

“The bed???” I asked.

“Yes, let’s go” She said then grab my wrist and dragged me there myself. This is going to be a long session for sure… 

So how do you think this reveal is built and set up?
  • Good Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Meh Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Bad Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There was a buildup? Votes: 14 50.0%
Total voters: 28
11