Book 2: Chapter 8: Lord: The J Tour
392 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…She’s getting even more dangerous when it comes to this… what time is it right now?... Thankfully it’s not like the midday of the next day, just midnight. I guess a day without rest can tire someone out. Rosia already went to sleep, so I guess I’ll do so to…

 

#####

 

Uh… where am I again? I think I was… 

“Maova” Oh, Rosia is here… why is that again?

“What is it?” I asked seeing that she’s looking around the place, it’s just an arcade building. Nothing special to it.

“...Are these more of those games you like to play for what exactly?” She asked… I mean yeah that sounds about right.

“Yeah, why do you ask?” I confirmed.

“Just a tad curious is all, what next on the agenda?” She asked.

“I… think I was… I don’t really know, I think I sorta just wandered here” I replied.

“That was mindless of you… how about we do something else instead? No one is around anyway” What is she insinuating? I won’t say no but… 

“What is it?” I asked.

“The same as before” She said already trying to strip me… okay fine…

“Okay” I replied.

“Let’s see how long this’ll last” She’s going to do me in again…

 

#####

 

*Smack*

“Ow!” I let out getting hit in the head… Rosia what the hell?

“You were sleeping like a baby there” She commented, I guess I was really tired, though that’s more her fault than anything else.

“Yeah yeah. Anyway what time is this?” I asked.

“Still in the morning, though I’m not certain when Kaa-san will notify us of when to go” She replied.

*Zoom*

“These is your outfit Maova, your casual one is alright Rosia. See you later in my room or wait here” Kaa-san said.

*Zoom*

And there she goes. Guess that answers the question, she gave me a normal set of dark blue shirt and black pants, along with dark green jacket. It’s not much but it’ll work. As for Rosia here clothes are already pretty modern which is a bit distracting not gonna lie, though I doubt anyone would bat in eye because of that specifically.

“She’s definitely to the point when it comes to her action” Rosia commented.

“You could say that again” I replied. Still though I wonder what we should do when we get there… I mean probably just order something to eat while we chat amongst ourselves, at least I don’t think the place we’re going to share the same language here as there, so no one should understand our conversation, and if any did or we attract attention Kaa-san could deal with it.

“Well let’s put on our clothes and go to her room, not like we have anything else to do anyway” Rosia said.

“Sure, let’s prepare for our little trip” I replied.

 

#####

 

*Click* *Press* *Click* *Click* *Press*

“Are you having fun there?” Rosia suddenly asked.

“Oh! Yeah well it’s a nice distraction to say the least” I replied. She then glanced over at the game I was playing.

“I still don’t quite get what this is all about, but it sure looks like something is going down, do humans seriously make these?” Rosia asked.

“Yeah, but it’ll take a long time before people here can do something like this” I replied. 

“I see, well I guess if nothing else they can certainly keep you entertained” She noted. Not completely sure about her insinuation there… like that’s one of the only reasons I have for not be all about killing people, that’s not quite right I must say.

*Press* *Click* *Click* *Press* *Press*

*Click* *Click* *Press* *Press* *Press*

…I think I’m done with this part for now. Time to save and put it away… 

*Open*

Oh Mom’s room is opened… and wow… 

“That’s quite… nice” Rosia commented clearly distracted.

Mom wears a simple white shirt that is covered somewhat by the crimson jacket that looks quite good and fit her body nicely, she also wears a black skirt and black leggings, along with black heels. She also wears a golden necklace and have a ring on her fourth finger. I know it sounds wrong but it’s impossible to deny she’s really attractive, just stating a fact okay?

“Seems you two like the display. Yeig was squealing for quite a while I would say” Mom said reacting to our… reaction.

“So where is Kaa-san right now?” I asked trying to stir away from this awkward feeling I’m having.

“Probably making sure that two brats behave and know what they’ll be dealing with. It probably wouldn’t take long” She explained. Guess that’ll be the most troublesome part, not transporting multiple people to a different place and time, but lecturing children, still those two doesn’t seem to love causing any trouble so it really shouldn’t be an issue.

“Okay then, guess we’ll just wait here” I said… 

 

#####

 

*Zoom*

“Alright everyone, I’m back with these two” Kaa-san said as she teleport in along with the two girls. Kaa-san herself wears a light grey hoodie, white shorts, black leggings and white sport shoes. Like Mom she have a ring on her fourth finger, which is the same as before I believe. Her figure is almost always obscure by her figure, and this is one of the few times to get a good look at it. Revia wears similar clothing to Rosia but her shirt is white instead along with her short coat being lighter in color as well. Yuuna wears a simple pink shirt, blue skirt, and white shoes, probably the most mundane out of the whole group, her animal characteristic is gone, probably either her shapeshifting, using illusion, or Kaa-san having a part in it somehow, nonetheless this’ll save us the trouble of her being a kemonomimi. 

“So, I guess this is the time?” Mom asked.

“Yep, everyone who isn’t Verm, Maova, or I please stay put and don’t act out, remember that” Kaa-san instructed and everyone nod in agreement.

“Good to see! Let’s go!” Kaa-san said.

*Zoom*

Immediately the sounds of people moving and vehicles running can immediately be heard, and right now we’re in a strangely isolated alleyway. Looking at anything with writing on them show where in the world we are… Japan… this is all…

“Ugh…” I groaned feeling slightly uncomfortable. Rosia seems to immediately pick up on this.

“Maova, are you alright?” Rosia asked sounding very much concerned, with everyone else looking to share the same sentiment.

“I’m fine, everything is alright” I said trying to reassure them, it was just a moment of weakness is all. This place might be in my blurred memory but I won’t let that interfere with anything.

“If you say so. Alright then everyone, follow me” Kaa-san said as she took the lead, with everyone following along. 

We walk out of the alleyway and find a rather common sight in this society, so many people walking around silently with many walking around in work attire no doubt going to their workplace, the buildings stand tall and more than a few vending machines can already be spotted. We keep walking and look around not saying a single word. Some people took notice of us, but thankfully none of them bother us.

“Here we are” Kaa-san said as we stand in front of the café. Honestly it’s a bit nerve wracking really, considering what kind of atmosphere this place should have… She open the door as we walk in…

“Welcome home, My Lady” A maid at the entrance said. It’s a custom in this type of café but it’s a bit unnerving really, still she’s not looking half bad. We find a table for all of us to sit at and wait. So many maids about it’s rather distracting, still it’s a bit of eye candies so I shouldn’t complain.

A maid handed us the menu, it’s in Japanese because obviously, and by Kaa-san’s word earlier only her, Mom and I can read Japanese. Kaa-san probably taught it to her at some point, as for the rest there just isn’t time to teach them really, though one must wonder if she can taught anyone a new language so quickly. Well no point in pondering on that.

“What’s on the menu?” Rosia asked. Let’s see… 

 

#####

 

And now we wait… 

“Huh there’s a vampire working here” Kaa-san off-handedly said looking at one peculiar maid. I’m just going to ignore that elephant in the room.

“Well I doubt it’s a cause for concern. They’re all quite attractive, no need to look that deep into anything” Mom replied.

“Hey I’m just pointing things out okay?” Kaa-san retort. The two girls also take a few glances as well, if not with the same enthusiasm as the rest of us.

“Why are they all dressed like that?” Revia asked.

“From the looks of it it’s their selling point. Maid costume is quite a fascinating thing is it not?” Rosia explained. The fact that she said it so seriously is slightly humorous if make it hard to ascertain how much she’s lusting over them, if at all.

Oh here are the orders. We simply order some parfaits and drinks for each of us, maybe sharing our taste with each other, though in mine and Rosia’s case we order the same thing, because of course we do.

 

#####

 

“So how is it so far Maova?” Kaa-san asked. 

“Well it’s just that we came to this place and eat something really. It’s pretty nice but maybe we should try other things?” I replied.

“A bit demanding today aren’t we? Well what about you Verm? Anything you want to do here?” Kaa-san said to Mom.

“There’s nothing of interest here for me” Mom replied. Kaa-san then look back at me.

“Well what do you want to do exactly?” Kaa-san asked.

“I was just suggesting that since we came all this way might as well do other things so the trip will be worth it” I explained. 

“Since it’s me nudging her that cause this trip to happen, I think I should have a part in this conversation” Rosia chimed in.

“That’s fine with me, so what do you want to do?” Kaa-san asked, and Rosia took some time to ponder.

“Take a tour around this place of course. Looking around and see what this place is like, what those metallic boxes are and those buildings made of stone and metal, what purpose do they have, that sort of thing” Rosia answered.

“If that’s what you want then we’ll extend this trip, nobody have any objections right?” Kaa-san asked, and no one objects.

“That settles it then, after this let’s go take a look around, and buy some souvenirs while we’re at it” Kaa-san declared. 

“Ah, excuse me” A peculiar maid said.

“Hm? What is it girl?” Kaa-san replied.

“We usually don’t have such a unique guest here, so My Lady said to give you this as a souvenir” She said as she handed Kaa-san a bottle of something red.

“What is this?” Kaa-san curiously asked.

“Something the one in red and black would like I would say” She answered, so she meant me and Mom. This girl with yellow hair and crimson eyes is aware of what we are it seems, still no point in being worked up about it, lest she get into trouble as well.

“Is that so? Quite generous of her, give her my thanks” Kaa-san replied.

“But of course” She said with a small grin and walked off. 

“To think there is actually someone like that here” I commented.

“You’ll be surprised how many unusual things exist hidden in plain sight” Kaa-san noted. Guess even in this old world of mine many fantastical things existed, and I never experienced any of it, that’s a shame but I can move on from that.

 

#####

 

It doesn’t take long for us to to finish up and walk around the city. Rosia is checking the place with some enthusiasm while the girls don’t have a clue as to what to do or think.

“What exactly are those moving metal boxes anyway?” Rosia asked as we walk.

“It’s for transportation, it’s controlled by one human and multiple can be in there, it have its need to move about but nothing like horses or other living beings needed, people in this era many millennia in the future from ours use them quite often, it’s convenient if having some issue of its own, which you don’t have to fret over” Kaa-san explained.

“Is it safe to assume no magic is involved?” Rosia asked.

“Yep, people in this age have no need for that, or rather they can’t” Kaa-san answered... Rosia then went silent for a while…

“By the way, why doesn’t anyone seem to take interest in us? We very much stand out in this sea of black and white” Rosia asked.

“Magic is a powerful thing, and people here mind their own business more often than not” Kaa-san replied. That’s not much of an answer.

Ah, there’s an arcade building over there.

“Hm? Something caught your interest?” Kaa-san asked as everyone stop.

“Well yeah… that building over there” I said pointing at the building on the other side of the road.

“Figures. You do like your games. Well what do you all say?” Kaa-san asked.

“I’m a bit interested” Rosia replied.

“Everything goes” Mom replied.

And the two girls remain silent.

“Guess we’ll go there then. Let’s move” Kaa-san exclaimed.

 

#####

 

“The scenery is quite familiar” Rosia noted. I’m not sure what she meant by that…

“Anyway, any game you fancy Maova?” Kaa-san asked.

“Hmm… there’s a danmaku game over there I think I… tried before? Something like that” I said pointing at an unoccupied arcade machine.

“Tried before you say? I guess you’ll be needing this” Kaa-san said then handing me something. A card… it’s for logging in and recording your progress of these games. I take at from her hand and… think about something…

“Try it out. It was yours at point” Kaa-san said. I can only look at this with a grim look, if her word is any indication this was… a part of myself that lives here.

“Is it alright?” I asked.

“Why not?” Kaa-san nonchalantly replied.

“...Fine” I said as I walk to the unoccupied machine and register in… 

Sanada Kura

Rosia walk up to me and check it out, while everyone else seem to be looking around.

“So that’s your former name” She commented. 

“Honestly I can’t be bother to remember it. Not something worth remembering” I replied grimly.

Alright, time to begin playing…

 

#####

 

“Looks hard” Rosia commented. I play the game a few times and I managed to surpass my previous score by a large margin.

“Yeah, still this is the hardest difficulty yet I did so well, I think being a super powerful vampire Demon Lord boost my capabilities here perhaps a little” I replied.

“Isn’t that convenient. Regardless can I have a turn?” She asked.

“Sure, need a rundown on the game?” I asked.

“No need. I’ll figure it out myself” She declared. Not sure if that’s a good idea or not but I’d rather not argue against her. I stand up and let her take the helm.

“I’ll go see what others are doing then, take care and don’t stir up anything” I instructed.

“Of course” She replied.

...Let’s look at where they are… Ah, they’re doing a crane game. Mom is trying to get some dolls from it, looks like she’s trying to get them for the two girls. 

“I swear this game is rigged” Mom complained.

“Don’t be like that” Kaa-san replied.

“And you don’t help either, why don’t you magic up the place?” Mom asked.

“Well that wouldn’t be fair for the people here would it? Even if I could use my power and get away with it it certainly put a bad taste in my mouth. Robbing people isn’t exactly morally just you know?” Kaa-san argued.

“You’re the last person I want to hear that from” Mom snarked.

“I’m being fair play here alright? It’s no fun cheating, at least most of the time” Kaa-san replied.

And she keeps playing.

“Wonder when this’ll end” I asked while walking over to them.

“Probably won’t be for a while. No need to check upon us” Kaa-san said.

“Well if everything’s fine then I’ll go check up on Rosia then” I replied.

“That’s fine by me” Kaa-san replied. Guess I’ll walk back to her.

She’s doing pretty well all things considered.

“Feels like I’m missing something here” She said as she look at the scoreboard. 

“Probably not aware of a few details, that’s why I asked if you need any instruction, some aren’t so obvious” I explained.

“Is that so? Well mind telling me?” She asked.

“That’s fine with me” I replied.

 

#####

 

As I look at her still playing the game after receiving some instruction I noticed that the others came to check on us. Mom in particular is holding more than a few dolls.

“Looks like you managed to win a few after all Mom” I commented.

“It was a lot of money spent. I think the people managing this place will be swimming in coins for a while” Mom said.

“You’re exaggerating… so Rosia still playing huh? It’s been a while” Kaa-san chimed in and commented.

“What of it? I doubt there’s any problem with this” I responded.

“No nothing like that, just that we’ll stay here until everyone is satisfied” Kaa-san said.

“I’m done” Rosia said as she stands up and face us. 

“Okay then everyone, let’s continue our tour” Kaa-san said. Not sure how long this’ll go for, but I’m not complaining.

 

#####

 

And now we’re in a bakery, with Kaa-san and Mom checking out the products.

“By the way Maova, why are inside of these buildings cold?” Rosia asked.

“One of those tools that doesn’t use magic is installed here to expel cold air, it’s nice isn’t it?” I explained.

“Rather pleasant, yes” She replied.

“Well our rooms back home have something similar, but it operates with mana instead” I mentioned.

“I noticed the room then was strangely cold too but didn’t comment on it, why doesn’t these stuff exist back in the kingdom?” She pondered.

“Like hell I know, probably the people there doesn’t quite grasp the such a thing is possible I’d imagined” I replied.

“Perhaps. Still this world sure have a lot of people about, much more buildings and certainly much larger” Rosia said.

“Well it’s not something you have to concern yourself over, so would you like to pick something here?” I asked.

“You can just pick it for me” Rosia noted.

“Fair point” I said as I examined the selections.

 

#####

 

*Zap*

“Huh… a random lightning strike from nowhere? That’s weird” Kaa-san commented as she looked in the direction it came from. It’s a few blocks away I’d imagine.

“Stranger things have happened so you really shouldn’t care” Mom said.

“Well I am the one who bring out all the strange stuff am I not? It’s definitely weird for me to say that out loud, regardless anywhere else we should go specifically?” Kaa-san asked.

“Nothing I could think off” I replied.

“Same here” Mom added.

“Well… Let’s continue with this tour for a bit then head back okay? No objection?” Kaa-san said.

No one responded.

“Well then, guess it’s time to get a move on” Kaa-san said as she takes the lead once again. Well this have been something I would say, not bad at all.

9