Book 2: Chapter 9: Lord: Day of News
321 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m feeling like posting more so here’s one now. No change in schedule.


“What is that place called again?” Rosia asked as she inspect some of the souvenirs we bought home, some figurines, a few gachapon stuff, and some Japanese food.

“Japan. It’s a settlement with a culture different from here, with the entire place surrounded by water, you know about the sea right?” I began explaining

“A large body of salty water that seems endless, stretching out to the edge of the world. Is that right?” She answered.

“Well yeah, minus the endless and edge of the world part. Japan is isolated from other settlement, kingdom, or whatever you want to call it because it’s a land not attached to the other… I wonder if one exist here” I explained.

“Well if the whole parallel theory is correct then that doesn’t sound implausible” Rosia noted as she’s inspecting the figurines closely and open a few capsules.

“True enough” I replied. Though if that is the case I wonder if I could possibly fly over to it, it’s a silly thought but flying across the world doesn’t sound so bad.

“...This is my first time having a family trip. It’s truly refreshing to just try something light-hearted for once” Rosia said as she put the souvenirs down and looked at me, I feel like I just saw her outwardly happy for once.

“Like I said, no need to try to do anything so productive all the time, not good for anyone” I replied. She walk over to me and sit on the sofa besides me.

“You prove you’re point, now then…” She said as she’s going to do the thing again… she’s certainly getting more and more aggressive, and I don’t want to say no…

“Yeah yeah, but please don’t do it here” I responded. She then grab my wrist and pull me up, dragging me to the bedroom again…

 

#####

 

“Haa… Haa… So many…” I can’t speak very well feeling so exhausted, a bunch of loads again today… at least she mercifully doesn’t do it all day all night.

“Haa… This feels… way too good” Rosia mentioned as she roll on the bed exhausted as well.

“It is… for most humanoids really… still for a succubus, or in your case a unique one… this is supposed to be something you indulge in way often than most others… it seems… your race get more out of it as well” I explained still feeling tired from that.

“So what… should I… do about that?... I think you’re more than up to taking a few dozens… everyday” Rosia asked.

“I’m just… saying… still… hopefully you’ll not get distracted by such a thing during actually serious moment” I replied.

“Don’t you dare… underestimate… me...” She said as she close her eyes, looks like she’s going to rest up for the day. It is nighttime at this point. I might as well sleep for the day too… really though I wonder if she realized great deal of the day is spent doing this when she could’ve done something more productive like she hoped… or perhaps she truly want to take it easy and this is the only idea she have… either way it’s not a problem so I won’t press the issue, I should go to sleep as well…

 

#####

 

...Ugh… where am I now?

“Rosia? Are you there?” I called out as the world around me look like the void of space.

“I’m here! What’s going on?” She asked sounding worried.

“I don’t know, where are we?” I replied.

“I could ask the same question, and who are you people?” …An unknown voice suddenly rings out… I look in the direction of it but I can’t make out their shape, let alone features. From the voice they should be a woman.

“And what makes you think I’ll spill it out so easily?” I asked. Purple hair and blue cloak I can make out, but everything about this person is blurry.

“Not so friendly are you? Well considering the situation it’s understandable” The voice replied. Rosia’s face look slightly stressed.

“Do you both not have any idea where you are?” Rosia asked.

“Not a clue, I don’t know this place” I replied.

“Same here, I think this place is just a void of nothing that we’re all trapped in” The silhouette speculated.

“...So you’re both unaware… but how is that possible?” Rosia muttered.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“It’s nothing, regardless we definitely seemed to be trapped here” Rosia replied.

“I’ll try something out” The shape said, look like she’s concentrating and… nothing.

“Damn. My magic is useless here” She mentioned. What about mine?

Nothing as well, I can’t feel any mana at all.

“Same here” I replied.

*Spark*

“Mine seems to work” Rosia noted, it certainly does, the bright light in her hands made of mana, her magic works…  

“Why are us two unable to use magic then?” The figure said.

“It’s simple really. This is a dream” Rosia explained… a dream?

“Is that possible?” I asked.

“Are you already forgetting about my powers? What a pain… well the explanation will be lost on you here so why bother. I’m more curious as to who or what are you and how are you in her dream?” Rosia ‘explained’ and interrogate the muddled.

“I have no idea why you’ll think this is a dream, and like you two I’m not obligated to answer either” She replied

“And here I was trying to… Then get lost!” Rosia calming said then suddenly shouts and lashing at the unidentified.

*Boom* *Sizz* *Shine*

…She use her magic against that person and she’s gone, what the hell was all that?

“This damn nothingness is ruining my mood. I’m not feeling it at all, so much for a dream” Rosia complained.

“Now now, I think you’re being a tad too grumpy there” I said trying to calm her down.

“If this happens again I’ll never let you sleep ever again!” Rosia threatened, even if demons need way less sleep than humans we still need them, I can’t exactly shrug this off. Need to figure out what’s going on and try to prevent it, but how?

“How am I supposed to control this?” I asked.

“Just find a way. That’s all I ask” She replied.

“That’s not much of an advi-”

“Shut it. I’m going back, enjoy your lonely dream” Rosia said.

*Flap* *Fly*

And flies off… I’m not even sure if I can use wings here… what to do?...

 

#####

 

“Wake up already” Hmnnn, I wanna rest some more…

“A few more minutes…” I pleaded.

...

*Kiss*

“Wah!” That was unexpected! I check my lips to make sure that actually happened… it did...

“You’re such a sleepy head” Rosia noted.

“It’s not normally like this I swear” I replied.

“Well it doesn’t matter. Now that you’re up, let’s go do something” She said. A few days in not much have happened does it, I wonder if anything of significance will happened again after yesterday.

“Right behind you. So what’s it gonna be?” I asked.

“Like I actually have much idea, all I can think of is checking on the girls, so how about we do just that?” Rosia suggested. It’s been a bit of a routine these pass few days.

“That’s fine with me. Let’s go then” I said as I grab her.

*Zoom*

Now where are they? Perhaps they’re still sleeping? Let’s check… 

“Seems like they’re in the same bedroom together” I said as I saw two life signature in one room, then walk to the room’s door, ready to give it a kno-

“R-Revia! You’re being weird!” Ummm… what was that? I look at Rosia and she have the same reaction as well, worried as to what’s happening.

“I’m not! I just wanna touch you more!” That’s Revia saying it’s for sure, is she… 

“H-Hey that tickles!... Ohh…” T-That wasn’t a moan was it? Whatever is the case I don’t think I can stand to overhear two young girls doing something that intimate…

“How about we came back later?” I suggested awkwardly.

“Yeah, perhaps we should” Rosia said sounding concerned with the situation, guess she wasn’t expecting that at all, then again neither do I. Lust demons truly know no bounds it seems.

*Zoom*

“Okay so that was extremely awkward” I said as we’re back in our room.

“No doubt about it” Rosia replied.

“Still despite your unquenching thirst you sure don’t look at that event with enthusiasm, why is that I wonder?” I asked.

“Don’t you think those two matter are unrelated? We almost intrude other people’s private time, I sure don’t want to stick around and possibly cause a scene. I might not oppose their actions but it’s still awkward that we almost interrupt them” Rosia explained. I guess that make sense, I usually can’t be bothered to think things out to be honest, at least in a non-hostile or tense situation… Though there is one thing I just realized...

“Say from the sounds of it it’s almost like your sister is… you know” I said trying to not say the word out loud.

“She’s just being curious is all, I think you’re paying attention to something you shouldn’t” Rosia retort, I mean that’s one way of looking at it for sure, guess she doesn’t want to assume the worst for her sister, which I understand.

“Well if that’s how you look at it I’m not going to rebuke it, so let’s end this topic for now” I replied.

“Very well” She responded… 

So what now? I guess I’ll just play some games for a while, to take it easy and all that.

“I assume there’s nothing else on your mind?” I asked.

“Yeah, I think I’ll just contemplate things for now” She replied looking a bit down.

“No need to make that face, I’m sure nothing bad is going to happen” I said trying to reassure her, she definitely can be rather cynical at time.

“I know” She replied as she rest on the sofa.

 

#####

 

It’s been an hour or so since I start playing and Rosia went silent. Perhaps those girls are done with whatever they’re doing. Maybe now we can check them out.

“Hey Rosia, let’s go check on the girls” I said.

“Very well. Hope they’re done” Rosia said as she stand back up after been resting on the sofa the whole time. I get close and once again-

*Zoom*

“Whoa!” Teleport to them, but this time they’re in their living room.

“What’s up you two” I greeted. We should ignore overhearing them if possible.

“Nothing” Yuuna replies sounding a bit tired, guess Revia have her way?

“Sorry, Yuuna is tired, we played for a bit” Revia explained, so that what she called it, probably not quite understand the right word to say.

“Right… Play… Guess you two will have to stay put for a while” I responded. They probably will try something else out after they get a bit of rest, though I hope they don’t make a habit out of this. 

“I supposed you two don’t have anything important that you need to do, or rather have us do” Rosia asked.

“Nothing at all” Revia replied.

“Yeah yeah!” Yuuna added. 

“Guess there’s nothing to be done for you both. So will it be fine if we leave you be for now?” I asked.

“Yeah, we’ll be fine” Yuuna replied, with Revia quitely nodding.

“You heard the girls, let’s go back” I said as I reach my hand out to her.

“Very well” She said as she hold my hand.

*Zoom*

I doubt most can proclaim to manage such a task. Now what? More games? Or go try something else out? Maybe visiting a human settlement? Or perhaps-

*Zoom*

“Oh hi there you two. I just think that maybe you would like to know about things happening in the human society. So taadaa! A newspaper!” Kaa-san suddenly warp in with a newspaper in hand looking quite smug.

*Thud*

Slam it down of the table and walks away.

“No need for thanks, this’ll be updated… sooner or later” She added with a wink.

*Zoom*

She’s definitely unpredictable and random, but at least she doesn’t do anything crossing the line, at least from my point of view anyway.

“Well. Guess we might as well read the thing” I suggested. Might actually give me some fun ideas.

“So we shall” Rosia said as she pick up the newspaper and read it.

“If I remember correctly this is in that world as well yes?” Rosia asked for conformation.

“Ah yes it is. Do you know how to read it?” I asked.

“Should be easy enough, this looks way less complex than the one in that world” Rosia replied. 

“If you say so” I responded.

“Ahem… As of now there are no sign of demons, but the people in the capital is still restless with the recent earthquake that has taken place, believing it to be a sign. The disappearance of a few people have also raise a cause for concern as well, with a few rumors of what is the cause, demons being the most suspected. A tournament will be held to find the Hero? The hell is with this one? Held three days from now?” Rosia sound a bit amused and exasperated at the last article she read. Guess that’s how they’ll determine where their destined Hero lies, not that it mattered since I killed her already, in an amusing manner all things considered.

“That’s hilarious! What a fool’s errand” I commented, not really bothered to keep the amusement to myself.

“Well it might gave them a false hope regardless. If they even dare to search for this place… how long have where people settled here?” Rosia asked.

“About two centuries give or take” I answered. Probably have something to do with the weird nature of this country sized forest.

“Considering they haven’t find this place yet and with so many powerful individuals around there’s no way they’ll win in any capacity, they’ll all walk to their own doom” Rosia said. Quite an apt statement. The way we’ve been talking make it seems like we’re the villain aren’t we? Not that I mind.

“Hey I have a funny idea, how about we entered the tournament as well?” I suggested, maybe there will be an opponent worth a damn outside of this place.

“And for what exactly? Entertainment? Or do you have ulterior motive in mind?” Rosia asked. 

“A bit of both really, obviously we’re not in it to win, having us being revered as the Hero is nothing short of dramatic irony, which as fun as it may be it’ll also put us in too much spotlight and became the center of attention, if we were to do any hijinks that’ll get in the way. The tournament will let us scope out any potential threat as well, some might be as strong at that librarian if not more, which while that won’t cause any problem for us considering the gap if there’s too much of them it might be troublesome to manage” I explained. There’s the trouble of those two as well, but one of them seems to be on good terms with Kaa-san while the other seems to have that ‘too powerful to directly be in the conflict’ trait, and if either truly care about this they would’ve already killed me on the spot already when we met.

“But aren’t your mothers both way stronger than us? No doubt those two can handle them if we can’t” Rosia pointed out, it’s a good point to consider at first glance but I know them far more than she does, so I know it’s not the best of ideas.

“It’s simple, this is more of our responsibility than theirs, we, unwittingly or not, cause this, and so they hold way less accountable than us. It’s common sense really, if people could avoid the problem because one has to when no one else will, then they will. And before you say anything, they might be our parents, but they’re no saints, they might care for us, but they know full well when they can back down if they’re not the main cause, they’re not mindless and aimless conveniences with no motive or desire of their own. Even if they’re downright almighty in the eyes of many, even if they have the strength, they hold the philosophy that power and responsibility are not one to one, that it’s a destructive mindset that leaves you at the mercy of everyone. The most important reason to believe they won’t jumped in to help us at the first sign of danger is the simple concept of one leaving the nest, everything will deviate from their guardian at some point, to no longer depends on them. We simply aren’t expected by them to rely on them at every possible corner for eternity, if we fail that expectation then they’re less willing to cooperate… Haaa” I explain. That was one hell of a lengthy speech. Need to catch a breath there.

“That was surprisingly well thought and presented” Rosia commented.

“Look, I might not be the brightest of us here when it comes to these thing but at least I can pull a few speeches here and there” I replied. 

“Point taken, so I supposed we’ll prepare for the tournament? What do you have in mind?” Rosia asked.

“Hmm… it depends on how serious we want to take it, from what we know and my information on the matter no humans should be anywhere near our level. The closest are those mythril-ranked adventurer and there are only a few of them. Of course we need to think about those who might be hiding their power from the eyes of others as well. Basically we’re good to go, but…” I said.

“But what?” She asked.

“I mean we haven’t been very active since we settled down, might end up having a slip up during the tournament itself and our cover will be blown” I finished explaining, at least just a small practice should help out significantly.

“Okay then, a training session it is… but when and what should we do during said time?” Rosia asked.

“I mean I’m not an expert on this, but at least we should try to use magic frequently and fine some opponents to fight, so we can remember how we output our attacks, just re-familiarize ourselves with our power” I explained.

“It’s been only about a day or so that we didn’t fight at all, no need to make it sounds like we’re already out of practice” Rosia said.

“Yeah sorry, guess I already forgot about that part. Regardless practice could do us no harm, so why not?” I replied. Hopefully neither of those two will butted in to make things way more difficult than it should be… that better not be the case.

So who’s your favorite character so far?
  • Maova Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Rosia Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Vermilla Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Yeig Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Tana Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Kitori Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revia Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuuna Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Belphi Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 27
10