Book 2: Chapter 11: Lord: Plan?
328 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So your mother will train us, from the little I know I can already tell it’s going to be a bad time” Rosia said as we just processed their intrusion, it’s really hard to tell what’s going on with them.

“Yeah, sorry you have to get caught up in this” I said apologetically, it’s not like her training is the worst thing in the world, but there’s no punch pulled for sure.

“No need to worry about that, still, I have something more concerning to think about” Rosia replied.

“Oh? What is it exactly?” I curiously asked.

“Your mother’s question is odd, and so is her reaction” Rosia noted. Right, I wasn't there for it.

“What did she ask? What did she do?” I asked.

“She asked about my philosophies and goals, things along those lines. Then she just laughs out loud after hearing enough” Rosia answered. Am I hearing this correctly?

“She laughs? That’s one of the rarest things you’ll ever see, let me tell you. What do you think set her off?” I asked. Considering she’s the serious stoic type, laughing would be one of the last things I can think of her doing.

“That’s what confuse me, I didn’t say anything out of the ordinary at all. Just what I truly think, something that won’t ever change” She replied. Well I don’t think that’s enough to go on.

“Now that’s weird… maybe she knows something we don’t?” I proposed.

“Maybe? She seems to have a better opinion of me after that after all” She added. Now that’s interesting, but I don’t know enough about Mom to be frank, neither her or Kaa-san want to open up too much.

“Well does it seem like she’ll tell you why at all?” I asked.

“No. I think she’ll most likely brush it off” Rosia answered. Guess we’ll have to wait for the answer. Kinda sucks but can’t complain either, she’ll cut something off if we did.

“I see… well let’s resume planning for the tournament before then shall we? Kaa-san has to interrupt at the worst time” I said. What were we talking about again?

“Yeah let’s do that. We were talking about… What exactly we should do with anyone in the tournament who could be a hindrance” Rosia said. Right, that’s what we were talking about, knowing who might give us trouble is one thing, knowing how to deal with them is another. If it’s someone who can detect others easily then we cannot act sneakily around them, if they’re powerful we cannot get into direct contact, there’s things to consider as to why they’ll be an adversary worth mulling over.

“The easiest would be to blast the place and kill everyone inside, but that in itself is both boring and too extreme. Another is to kill them when they’re alone, preferably before they became the center of attention to attract less problems and minimize the unnecessary casualties. Of course we could not do anything at all if nothing that will become a problem arouse” I proposed. It’s just some ideas really, and unless we have some scheme in mind that we’ll do later then none of this is even necessary, but we don’t have anything else important to do anyway.

“We don’t exactly have a clear reason as to why we’re doing all of this in the first place, aside from to check out anything possibly out of the ordinary we have no other reason to be there, so it’s rather hard to come up with something conclusive to do” Rosia replied. Basically adding to my reasoning.

“Yeah, let’s be real here we’re only going there to do something that seems important, there’s zero threat out there that we know of that could be even slightly be problematic, my mothers manage things around just fine as well and way stronger than us, so now we’re left with a bunch of free time” I commented. 

“Still you’re going to stick to this tournament aren’t you?” Rosia asked.

“Of course. It’s still a good fashioned sport if nothing else” I replied with a smile.

“Well then, shall we try to plan things out further or not?” She asked.

“Hmm… it’s hard to decide, maybe I’ll think of something when we get there” I replied.

“I guess we’re done discussing this then” Rosia said.

“Yep, let’s relax for now, not much else to do” I replied. I mean maybe a spar or something but we’ll have a training session with Mom soon anyway, so what else could I do… maybe just play some games? Visit other people to see how they’re doing? Try something crazy? I’m not certain as to what I should do next, just maybe not sex for at least until the sun settles down. 

Ah, and Rosia is walking to the windows and looking outside, I wonder what she’s thinking right now.

“What is it? Anything outside that caught your interest?” I asked.

“No, nothing like that. I’m just reminded of something is all” She replied.

“Oh? Care to share what it is?” I asked.

“When I was… ‘there’ I would try to see the world outside through the window, only to see how isolated it was, never seeing a new scenery” She solemnly told. Guess she’s still hung up on those times, even if a good deal of it has disappeared from her memory.

“Well it’s all in the past, it doesn’t matter anymore. You’re here with me aren’t you?” I asked. She turned around with a look of peace.

“I certainly am… you know, it’s strange that someone who seems to have a lot going on in the past like you to discard them all so easily” Rosia replied and commented, they’re not something I want to go back to and be reminded, they’re moments that’ll never be recover, I’m me and they’re them, that’s how I would like to see it, even if it’s hard to tell how true that truly is, it’s all such a mess.

“I am who I am, not who I was” I replied calmly, wanting to get the message across.

“That much is certain to me, I care for you now, not for who you were” Rosia replied with a small smile. The light shines past the glasses, blue sky bright and hopeful, it’s a scenery that I could never get tired of.

“Yeah, so let’s leave it at that” I replied with a smile as well.

Well this is a bit of a long silence…

“Ahem… so let’s relax and stay positive okay? All of us will be fine” I finally said, perhaps a bit too awkward of a way to break the silence.

“Yes of course” She replied as she walk toward the sofa and rest there again. It’s certainly her favorite spot in this living room. Then what else should I do today? Maybe I’ll just go play games for the time being.

 

#####

 

*Knock* *Knock*

“Who is it?” I asked as I walked to the door.

“It’s Belphi” She said from the other side. How is Rosia right now? She’s just lying on the sofa staring up at the ceiling. Well I don’t think such a display is worrisome.

“You can come in” I casually said.

*Open*

Belphi walked into the room and looked around for a second, then back to me.

“So what do you want to talk about?” I asked.

“Well let’s sit down for now shall we? Just something I’m curious about is all” She said as she took a seat immediately. Guess I’ll do the same as well, and so I did.

“What is so urgent for you to come here yourself?” I asked.

“Now now, it’s nothing that bad, I just want to ask you a few things” She replied with a small smile.

“And what are these few things exactly?” I asked.

“Like what exactly is that flower you gave me” She started. I should’ve expected that.

“You really want to know? Fine I’ll tell you. It’s a demonic flower” I answered without much thought.

“A demonic flower… not much to go off on, so what if it is? Does it eat people? Can it think? What does it do?” She asked, more curiously than worriedly.

“Hell if I know, that’s the only one I have, go ask Kaa… Yeig instead, she’s more knowledgeable about this than me” I replied. I know a lot about all kinds of demons, but demonic plants aren't something I give much thought on.

“Well I guess I’ll go do that… onto the second question, what would ultimately become of me if I stayed here? Those two girls aren’t human any longer, none of you are as well except that sage that shouldn’t even be considered as such” She said. It’s a perfectly reasonable topic to ponder on, if not one with a definitive answer from me.

“If there’s nothing you really want from us then nothing will happen, I have no interest in turning you into anything. You’re way too different from regular humans for me to care transforming” I replied. Honestly if she’s put into a hoard of demons I don’t think anyone would give a second thought.

“Care to elaborate?” She asked.

“Does eternal youth sound like something a human would have?” I asked in return, with her eyes widened a little.

“Eternal youth… I was suspecting that but I guess it’s true. Does that mean I won’t die from old age as well?” She asked. Her tone sounds way too monotone and almost sarcastic. Is she playing dumb?

“Yep, as long as you aren’t killed you’ll live” I replied. 

“Huh… How peculiar, but why do I have such a blessing?” She asked.

“Again it’s not in my place to answer. This world is strange, it’s random, it’s chaotic. There are many mysteries yet uncovered, again perhaps Yeig would know something, I just don’t have the answer at this time” I replied. Throughout all of this I replied calmly as the world seems silent and at peace, though I must wonder how it’ll look from her perspective.

“So it’s all back to her… One last question” She said.

“Go on” I replied.

“What plan do you have? What exactly are you scheming now?” She asked with a straight face. Seems everyone expects something troublesome out of me, even those that don't know much about myself expect something along those lines.

“Is it that transparent? Well it’s just that there’ll be a tournament two days from now in the capital and I want to participate for fun” I answered with sincerity, I mean it, as in it’ll be fun for me specifically, getting a lot of laughs out of it most likely as well.

“A tournament, they dared to hold one during such a time? I’m not certain what’s going on in their head but I guess that’s how it is, and what else do you plan on doing?” She commented then asked some more.

“What? I didn’t think that far ahead, it’s just for the sake of entertainment and nothing more. What makes you so interested in my motives and goals anyway?” I replied and asked back.

“Well being an assistant for the law enforcement’s leader can only be so entertaining, in these few days I guess I’m reminded to seek fun every now and then, so I was hoping you’ll have something in mind I can participate in, but so far no luck” She explained.

“Since you’re reported missing more than likely or perhaps even presumed dead you really can’t enter the tournament now can you? Though creating a fake identity with illusion magic in the mix might circumvent that” I said.

“Well as much as I appreciated your suggestions there’s no need to go so far, it sounds more troublesome than anything else” She replied. I was just entertaining the idea really, so I’m glad she didn't actually consider it, though Kaa-san could probably pull it off without a hitch.

“Well my apologies for not being able to come up with anything, perhaps bugging other people might actually be worth your time more” I said. 

“Is that so? I guess we’re done here, I bid you farewell” She said as she stood back up and left the room, guess that’s the end of that. Ah, how is Rosia faring hearing that? She looks… not as mad as I thought, still concerning though.

“Hey it was just a friendly conversation, no need to get so worked up” I said trying to calm her down. 

“I can see that” She replied with a slight tint of sarcasm, hopefully she never went past this point, she’s definitely clingy and I can tolerate that, but I don’t want her to go full yandere on me, that’ll suck.

“Please watch warmly instead of whatever you’re doing” I exasperatedly said. Now what was I doing before she came in? I think I was… right, I was thinking about my skills, how to use them in the upcoming tournament to cause some hijinks, my demonic skills and [Intimidation] I think can be used for that, but even then it’ll most likely end up turning into a big mess. With [Demonic Corruption] I can turn some people into demons to cause some chaos, [Demonic Morphing] to change my appearance and let me do whatever without worrying about my place there, [Demonic Control] and [Demonic Charisma] to control anyone corrupted, and [Demonic Modification] to modified the demons for my own selfish uses, these skills are absolutely broken and I’m thinking about what kind of shenanigans can be pulled off with them… am I turning out like Kaa-san? That’s worrying… 

“Hey Rosia do you have any-”

“If you care about causing trouble that much why even bother keeping a low profile” Rosia cuts in sounding and looking mighty irritated. Still sitting on the sofa looking and judging me. Now that I think about it, is this a kind of self-depreciation? We’re still different people but the whole alternate self thing is kinda there… Ugh this is messing with my head, better stop skewering my thought process.

“Okay okay I’ll stop, I’ll just stick with beating people up” I replied hoping she’ll stop looking at me with judging eyes.

“Better stop switching back and forth” She said before resting on the sofa again.

“Yeah yeah” I replied. Now then what else is there to do? Maybe I could teleport somewhere and inspect some things. I wasn’t exactly expecting myself to be bothered holing in my room like this considering I was quite the shut-in, perhaps it’s the other side talking.

“Ah, one thing I was curious about and wanted to ask” Rosia suddenly said.

“W-What is it?” I asked, taken aback by her sudden request. 

“This place is a castle right? I wondered as to how regulating people in and out worked exactly” She asked.

“Well to be honest, it’s a bit weird, since almost no one ever enter” I answered.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“I mean a giant obsidian castle is hella scary is it not? It’s naturally too intimidating for anyone to dared to enter so no one did, coming out of such a castle is also overwhelming with how massive the gate is and the large road lead into it making us look like an eyesore, no one here and I mean no one dared to try walking in and out of the damn thing, we just fly or teleport around it” I explained. If this castle wasn’t so grand with such a look we probably won’t have any anxiety leaving the darn place. I don’t think most people are daring enough to enter and exit a large entrance anyway.

“Huh… I wonder if those royal people have the same problem” Rosia ponders to herself.

“It’s not like we’re actual royalty anyway so what do I know? Anyway, is that all you have to ask?” I replied.

“Yeah, you can go do whatever now… or-”

“Please be patient” I cut in before she could say anymore.

“Darn. Well I can wait” She responded while sighing with a tint of disappointment in her voice.

“Well we also need all the stamina we can get for tomorrow’s training so maybe we shouldn’t try go wild this tim-”

“You’re asking too much of me” This time she cutted in. It was worth a shot.

“Alright you can have that… Well back to the whole tournament thing there’s something I forget to ask, are there any well known adventurers you have heard of?” I asked.

“Why would someone extremely sheltered with memory problems know of anything of the sort? Can’t you go ask the three who might actually have any idea?” Rosia scolded in return, I mean I should’ve known that but it shouldn’t hurt to ask right? When it comes to the three she must mean Revia, Yuuna, and Belphi. Belphi would be my best bet since she’s the oldest of the three and isn’t a sheltered aristocrat like the two girls. Still asking her now after having a conversation with her is a bit awkward isn’t it… let’s push that thought aside for now.

“Okay that was bad of me, guess I’ll just shut up and take it easy for now” I replied, and she went back to resting. She’s really taken to it.

 

#####

 

*Click* *Press* *Click* *Click* *Press*

Ah, is the sun starting to set already? The days flew so by fast, video games tend to do that, that and sex, demon’s stamina for such a thing is just absurd. Of course my statement probably isn’t that accurate since I have no experience with such a thing in either of my lives. Well it’s time to close my game…

Now that that’s finished I think I should check on Ro… Um…

“I’m sorry?” I said, seeing her clearly frustrated face. She was staring this whole time wasn’t she?

“You’ll have to pay me back multiple times over” She said, sounding seriously threatening just now as she walked over to me. 

“Y-Yes” I said hoarsely. This is going to be extra rough isn’t it… Please be merciful this time around, even if that’s too much to ask...

8