Book 2: Chapter 13: Lord: Test of Blades
335 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haa… Haa… Haa…” I take a breather as Mom stops her assault on us. 

We’ve been training for who knows how many hours, considering the nature of this place being in a different realm altogether, hopefully the time won’t be displaced when we got back, if I remembered correctly from one of Kaa-san’s many lecture that could happened when travel between different realm/world/dimension or whatever you want to call it.

“She’s… just way out of our league” Rosia commented already on her knees trying to balance herself planting the sword into the ground. Yeah no kidding, my mom, she’s not like me who have all kinds of power granted at birth, she’s not like Rosia who have it handed down on a silver platter by me along with extra traits at birth already. She’s pure talent and determination and that’s it, she might be a vampire which is stupidly overpowered, but as Kaa-san said, she’s still way above even those of the same race as hers. I don’t know how she perceives herself but the fact remains clear that she’s still above us.

“Now now, you’re both giving up already?” Kaa-san teasingly said from the sideline. We’ve trained for who knows how long and she doesn’t expect us to get sick of it? Because this is way too overboard.

“Can’t I?” I asked barely standing. 

“Well that’s not up to me to decide, what do you say Vermilla?” Kaa-san replied playfully. Mom look at us with a gaze that could kill, she’s not done is she?

“One more duel, you two against me” She said pointing her blade at us still with a lot of energy to spare, it’s less that she have a lot more stamina reserve than us as she optimize her action in a way that use way less stamina, her movements almost flawless, her technique improving with each and every seconds. I know full well that she keeps growing and putting gap between us even though I was growing faster than her, at least I should’ve, but she probably trained herself way harsher than with anyone else. I was perhaps exaggerating a little but I don’t think anyone can argue that she’s one of the most skillful and determined people on anything ever. Still I can’t turn her down, I can’t disappoint her like that.

“[Blood Feast]!” I chanted as blood flows into Rosia and I, healing our bodies and help us regenerate our stamina quickly. 

Before long Rosia can stand up properly again and we’re both now in fighting condition, it’s not perfect but this is still very effective in curing fatigue, hunger, wounds, and pain. Still I need to feast on some blood after this.

“It seems you have decides your answer” Mom said as she ready her stance. This is going to be quite brutal. Gripping my blade tight it’s time to strike!

*Dash* *Swing* *Parry*

Of course that doesn’t work! She has familiarize herself with the quick draw technique already. Recoiled back to where I start I need to think of something else, the only real way to get a good hit in is to find a blind spot, and there’s none I could find, the only way to really deal with this now is to have us rush her at the exact same time and hope she doesn’t just swat us away with her long sword, so at least we can get one hit in.

“Rosia, we have to rush her” I said as I ready myself.

“Heard loud and clear” She replied ready to strike as well.

*Leap* *Sprint*

I sprint toward my right while Rosia leaps head on, she seems to prefer this kind of approach way more, or maybe it’s just by habit.

*Swing* *Turn* *Catch*

“Wha!?” Rosia let out, Mom just turn her back and grab Rosia’s sword tight.

*Slash*

“Ugh!” Owowow! She simultaneously slash me with her blade as well. She really just grab Rosia’s blade like it was nothing. Need to keep distance between us. Backpedal away from her. To elaborate she turn her back against Rosia to get a better angle at dealing with me coming from the side, all in a second or even less.

*Throw* 

“Wha!” Rosia is thrown away like at was nothing and roll around the ground, I need to help her out.

“Hmph” Mom let out as she began doing something, gripping her sword tight.

*Swing* 

A sword beam! And it’s directed at-

*Slash*

“Ah!” Rosia screamed registered in my ears. Blow back even more, I can’t just stand around!

“Rosia!” I shouted.

*Leap* *[High Heal]*

I quickly step in and heal her.

*Dash* *Clash*

“Ugh! Rosia! Are you alright?” I asked in a blade lock with Mom, she’s going on offense right at the start.

“I’m fine!” She replied.

*Dash* *Shine*

A large spear of light appeared as Rosia stepped aside and ready to throw it at Mom. It’s no weak spell that’s for certain.

*Slash*

“Arg!” I let out with her overpowering me, but I can’t stop fighting now.

*Throw* *Swing*

Both Rosia and I launch our attack consecutively, my blade swinging in Mom’s direction and Rosia’s spear thrown at extremely high speed as well.

*Parry*

“Damn!” I let out seeing her parrying my attack then her throw consecutively as well. 

*Dash*

“Huh?” Where did she go? 

*Stab*

“Guh…” My chest… she stabbed right through it…

*Pulled* *Kick*

Ugh! Blood spilled out everywhere… 

*[High Heal]*

“Maova!” Rosia said rushing to my side and ready to protect me, she can’t go against Mom one on one, that’ll be suicidal. That aside I can still fight.

“You worried too much, that was just a scratch” I said standing back up ready for another go.

“You… fine, let’s keep going” Rosia said as her blade light up.

*Shine*

Beaming up into a large blade of light, like what the Hero did. Mana surge around her as more went into the blade and making it bigger and brighter. 

*Dash*

Mom lunged toward us already! I need to protect us!

*[Shield of Light]* *Slash* *Shatter*

My shield break in an instant, and she’s definitely going in for another swing.

*Clash* *Quake*

The ground around us shake as Mom and Rosia clash sword, Rosia buffed herself up enough to lock blades, but that can only last so long.

*Spin* *Clash*

Mom spun her body around discarding the blade-lock and attacked Rosia from down up, with Rosia barely locking her blade once more.

*Spin* *Block*

Another spin and attack from overhead down on Rosia, again she barely blocked the attack holding her sword to block it. These interactions are rather graceful and quick, like a dance with death… Wait what am I doing I need to strike now!

“Brings me back” Mom suddenly said as she look at Rosia right in the eyes with a grin. What does she mean by that?

“What do you-”

*Kick*

“Ugh!” Rosia let out as she got kicked away. That comment threw us off, that was way too careless of us. I didn’t even get a hit in.

*Dash* *Stab* *Grab* *Throw* 

“Don’t be distracted by the opponent’s comments, that should be something you all should know full well” Mom said after stepping in to stab Rosia, grabbed her, and throw her many meters away. She ready herself, holding her blade with both her hands and right at her right shoulder. She’s aiming for me!

*Dash* *Swing* *Dodge*

Whew! I actually evade her attack there, but I can’t stay relax now!

*Swing* *Clash*

Locking blades and really could use some help right now. I have to use spells to catch up to her, but she’ll just use one of her own as well, the only way to deal with that is to use the spell when she’s blindsided and rush her and defeat her within that time frame, but how am I to find that blind spot? Does she even have one?

*Slash*

“Gah!” She overpowered me just like that.

*Dash*

Crap she’s getting closer!

*[Shield of Light]* *Block* *Shatter*

“What?” Mom said looking back to see Rosia barely standing, she’s must’ve conjured up the shield. Wait she’s distracted now’s the time!

“[Blood Boost]!” I yelled out and boosting myself up to go against her, but this isn’t enough. Power of dark matter, power of light, power of lighting, power of wind, heed my call! Boosting myself up to new height.

“Tch!” Mom clicked her tongue realizing her mistake, but it’s too late. Blade engulfed in light and darkness, to cut everything up and cursed the victim!

*Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash* *Slash*

This is not over. That alone is not enough to beat her.

*Spark*

Sparks of lighting concentrated in my hand ready to be released. Reaching out to Mom!

*Blast*

Beam of it blast point black at Mom and pushing her back, but that’s still not enough.

“[Blood Chain]!” I chanted as Mom got restricted by the chains of blood. Concentrating my power into a ball of light descending down on her, I’ll call its name so emphasize its power, this’ll be the finishing act! Ball of light I hold up and I will call its name.

“[Solar Fall]!” I yelled out.

*Throw*

Throwing it toward Mom and hitting her dead on. 

*Boom*

With great impact an explosion of fire and light emerges and engulf the area.

*Cough* *Cough*

“You… did well…” Mom said still standing up after the barrage of attacks, her body bruised and burned. The chains of blood already dispersed and the smokes clear. I walk up to her, who is exhausted as well.

“Is it over?” I asked still gripping my katana tight in case of anything.

“Yeah, your training is over. [Blood Heal]” Mom said then completely recovered herself within seconds. It’s hard to call this a victory when she’s holding back, but at least it’s over.

“Finally… it’s over” Rosia said walking over to us, her wounds closed up quickly. Well all of us have powerful regeneration so that’s to be expected, it’ll be hard to put us down without being significantly stronger in fire power.

“Well all well that ends well I hope, time to go back home. Make sure to pull some crazy stunts okay?” Kaa-san said walking to us and and twirl her staff around.

*Zoom*

And now we’re back in our world, in my room. Ah, everything is healing quickly and clothes repairing itself, now we don’t look like a mess.

“And so today’s training is officially over. Let’s celebrate with a feast!” Kaa-san declared.

“Don’t you think that’s going a bit overboard?” Mom noted looking at Kaa-san with disapproving eyes.

“What harm could there possibly be? That aside it’s not like we got to do that kind of stuff often either, I’ll go let the two girls know and I’ll prepare the event” Kaa-san replied with a straight face.

*Zoom*

And there she goes.

“What a madwoman. I’ll take a break here myself. You two stay here until she came back too” Mom said as she walk over to a chair and sit down. Rosia go to the sofa obviously, and I joined her as well. Ahh the thirst I just noticed and it’s painful, I want some from Rosia but I’m not sure how Mom will react, I’m gritting my teeth and fangs here. 

“That was way too close for comfort” I commented regarding the last duel, hopefully she doesn’t notice anything wrong.

“It is to be expected, the battlefield is like that after all” Mom replied. Yeah as someone who participated in an actual war I would imagine herself knowing a great deal about battle.

“Yeah yeah. I’ll make sure to remember that Mom” I said sighing due to exhaustion.

“Hmph. Well there’s one matter that needs to be brought to your attention before anything else regarding the tournament tomorrow” Mom suddenly bring up.

“That came out of nowhere, what’s going on?” I asked.

“It seems some nobles will be attending as well, from the academy, those who already graduated, esteemed knights. Just all kind of people attending” Mom explained. Rosia visibly flinched at the mentions of nobles, as to be expected, she doesn’t have the best history with them after all.

“Okay then, any reason we need to worry?” I asked mindlessly to keep the conversation going.

“Think about it yourself” Mom replied. Of course she wouldn’t give me the answer flat out… well considering those kind of people are really annoying having them on our back for beating them will give us unnecessary attention, another thing to consider… well Rosia used to be a noble and she’s recognized by some who knew of her before, so that’s another problem we have to deal with. I nodded at Mom in understanding.

“Alright I get it. Anything else?” I asked.

“Not really, though Yeig run an investigation on Rosia’s old family and found something of interest” Mom replied. Rosia look at Mom in anticipation wondering what could be said about them.

“What is this interest?” Rosia asked, sounding a bit malicious, not toward anyone in particular, it’s more due to the clear intention behind those words.

“I don’t know if you know of this or not, but that noble household contains a family treasure which causes a great deal of debate amongst scholars and the like. A sword” Mom answered. This is the first I’ve heard of it, then again I never bother to ask anyone about the household.

“All of us know of it, the legendary blade propagated to belong to the grandest of all heroes. Wielded by the founder of the house and kept locked away. Its existence and history is why that house is so revered with only two centuries of establishment” Rosia replied. A legendary sword. Is this going in a way I expected it to?

“Mom are you insinuating us to take that blade for ourself?” I asked.

“Something along those line. However it is said that no one can harness its power unlike the original owner, so who knows how good of a sword it actually is in our hands” Mom replied. Now that’s interesting, but how good of a sword is it to actually be worth mentioning? And it is a weapon of a chosen one or something? For there to be only one who can use it properly. Still the prospect of an incredibly powerful weapon is rather tempting, the weapons all of us except Kaa-san use are infinitely durable but otherwise mundane in terms of power, nothing too special about it, no magical property or enchantment of any kind.

“Well stealing it for ourselves sounds mighty interesting if you ask me, what do you say Rosia?” I asked perhaps with a little grin on me.

“If it means destroying the foundation of that house then fine with me” Rosia replied maliciously, guess that sword is more or less the very foundation of that prestige, which seems a bit odd but whatever.

Hm? Mom looks like she has a smirk on her just now. She’s been acting a bit out of character here and there for sure, ever since Rosia came here.

“Of course I have no idea how you two will manage to steal it under everyone’s nose but it’s not of my concern anyway” How encouraging of you Mom.

“There are many security measures protecting the sword. Runes, guards, monsters, you name it. Though as we are now they’re probably not all that dangerous” Rosia said.

“Yeig toured the place so she already knew about it. Of course instead of stealing the sword and save you two the trouble she goes on all about letting you two doing it yourselves, letting you two have some fun or something” Mom mentioned. It’s not a problem really, despite being extremely powerful Kaa-san still believe in having people earn their reward even though she could do it for them with next to no difficulty. Obligated to help due to nigh-omnipotent power is a destructive mindset anyway, like I mentioned before. Still I still don’t know how to get in… 

“Rosia do you know where this sword is?” I asked.

“It should be in the underground dungeon of the household. That’s all I really know” Rosia replied. 

“You could go ask Yeig for details. Still I doubt you can do that while attending the tournament” Mom said wording it like she’s taunting me.

“Is that a challenge?” I asked, feeling like I got provoked, I’ll show her if that’s what she wants.

“I never said that. Interpret however you want” Mom replied sounding slightly amused if still keeping a straight face, what message is she trying to convey?

Now that the conversation is over I want my meal now!

“Mom can Rosia and I go somewhere private for a moment?” I asked.

“Sure” She replied, not looking particularly interested. Great, let’s go elsewhere, in my room for example.

“Rosia let’s go” I said. She thankfully comply and we go into our bedroom.

*Open*

“Here” Rosia lift up her neck without even me saying a word, is this just due to our shared fate or something more? But really it’s not something I would mulled over.

*Chomp* 

Hmm… delicious… I’ll never get sick of this taste, and it feels great, but I’d rather not be too gluttonous with her blood.

“Thanks, really needed that” I said.

“No need” Rosia replied.

*Open*

And so we go back to the living room.

*Zoom*

“Alright it’s all done!” Kaa-san said teleporting in, thank goodness it wasn’t just a few minutes before.

“So what’s on the menu this time?” Mom asked.

“It’s not all too different from the last party. Speaking of which we’ll have another one if you two can pull some crazy stunts off” Kaa-san replied. 

“That’s quite a bit of pressure don’t you think?” I asked.

“Nah. You’ll make it work somehow” Kaa-san replied.

“Don’t you think you’re putting too much faith in us?” Rosia asked.

“Not at all! Now let’s have this feast started!” Well hopefully this isn’t a road to disappointment for her…

*Zoom*

A bit off topic (of this chapter) but Rosia uses her inherit [Lust Magic] to do futa stuff with Maova in case that wasn’t clear, but since I don’t feel like writing sex scene for this story I won’t put the tag in. At least for now.

8