Book 2: Chapter 19: Lord: A Bit of Scuffles
221 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...Start!” The referee shouted, and the man looked frightened, Rosia meanwhile still had the same serious expression she always had.

*Dash*

Rosia immediately ran in while the guy holding his sword was still shaking.

*Swing* *Clank*

Rosia swung her sword with great might and disarmed him, his sword went flying and hit the nearby wall. Next to no one managed to react to what has transpired, while I would’ve commented on how she’s not exactly going easy on the guy, considering his mental state it’s understandable as to why she did that, it would’ve dragged on and bore everyone out otherwise.

*Strike*

She then kneed him in the stomach and he’s immediately out, a quick end to the match. 

“T-The winner has been decided!” The referee said, still looking rather shocked at the speed of the match.

“It feels like you two winning will be an inevitable outcome” Yuuna’s brother noted looking rather distressed.

“Well what about you? You might face us in the final” I asked in return, which in turn made him look even more stressed out.

“Honestly I would rather quit at that point, no point in fighting a fight you can’t win” He said looking a bit down.

“Don’t be like that, I think you’ll do fine, that girl was full of spunk and I was expecting at least some of that from you” I replied, perhaps that hit a bit close to home, but maybe that’ll in turn make him less of a wuss.

“...So she was… it seems that girl put quite an expectation on me… for her sake perhaps I could at least try” He said, sounding rather serious there, and from his words he doesn’t seem to believe his sister can be found, at least he seems somewhat encouraged by that statement. He leaves soon after he muttered so, and Rosia walks up to and sits next to me.

“What are you doing now?” Rosia asked.

“I’m just making the guy more convicted with staying in the tournament is all, I don’t see anything problem with that” I said.

“If you say so, and will you watch the match of others?” Rosia asked.

“Nah, I’m good, let’s go” I said standing up ready to leave.

 

#####

 

Both Rosia and I are walking into an empty alleyway, the place is quite dark and grim, dirty and unattended, shrouded in misery and despair, but enough about describing the place, we’re here to get away from public eyes for a while since I garnered perhaps a tad too much attention for us.

“So how do you think we should proceed?” Rosia asked looking at me, pressuring me to give an answer, she’s always pretty darn serious yet it’s hard to fault her for it, and if nothing else she’s easy on the eyes as always.

“Just fight on really, as you have demonstrated, deal with any weak-willed quickly, while perhaps dragging things along for a bit with those who are brave. Put on a show is all I’m asking” I said.

“And what comes after?” She asked.

“If you mean after the tournament… that really depends on what this side will do, perhaps they will try to do something drastic to ensure their victory” I replied.

“Like what exactly?” She asked.

“Well we should also consider that depending on what they tried to do you have to step in and get in control, say if they try to invade the forest for example you need to say the obvious, don’t. If they want you to gather an army, then humor them but of course try to prevent them from mobilizing. Maybe there’s something else you could do but really we have to wait and see” I replied. 

“I supposed I could try that if they try something so suicidal. Regardless is there any-”

“YOU’RE DEAD!!!” Someone behind me shouted like an idiot. I then turn around.

*Slash*

“N-No… How…” The big guy said. Then collapsed onto the floor.

“It seems this guy really is an idiot” Rosia commented. 

“Well this guy’s action so far hasn’t been the most civilized so this has to be expected” I said in return.

“I think only death can really cure his problem… should I do it?” Rosia said as she held up her sword. I think it’s a tad too drastic there, I think I can do better.

“Nah. A cure he needs will be something way more changing than dying” I said as I walk up to the collapsed guy.

“Are you… I see” Rosia was about to ask something but opt out of saying anything further. I reach my hand out to him and. Heheheh…

*Dim*

Be corrupted, and more importantly… be cute. Smoke of darkness swirls around and I can see the body slightly twitching and him groaning.

“So what will they be?” Rosia curiously asked.

“The fighting style is quite savage with a vast amount of strength… Ah, I know full well what she’ll be” I said with an evil grin. Oh I know full well what to make this person be, it’s gonna be fun if a bit destructive, sorry about this in advance Kaa-san.

The darkness fades and what is left is a bronze haired lass, rather short with all of her clothes pretty not fitting her at all, and most importantly horns on her head showing her demonic features. She simply lay down there completely unconscious.

“So what is this one?” Rosia asked.

“An Oni, usually know for their impressive strength and usually use a massive club as their weapon of choice” I explained, so it seems my assumption is correct, yokai is at least a sub-type of demons, that’s why Kaa-san said I could make someone a kitsune if I tried. It’s quite an interesting thing to think about… Hold on is that why she educated me on a few types of youkais as well!?

“I see. Have the physically strong belong to said race. Quite a change I must say, and interesting to watch as well” Rosia commented further. Yeah transformations are quite fun to see and inflicted, I can’t really deny that I’m enjoying this.

“Certainly. Taking away a person’s humanity-and masculinity-is quite a joy ride for me personally. Still I better put her elsewhere, don’t go anywhere okay?” I said to Rosia.

“Of course” Rosia replied. I pick up the girl and now it’s time for me to [Warp]!

*Zoom*

This time I warped in front of the door to my mothers’ room, I don’t want to activate any traps again. The girl I still hold onto by her extremely loose clothes with great deal of armor pieces falling down to the ground after a bit of a shake.

*Knock* *Knock* *Open*

“Oh hi there Maova. Anything going on for you to be back so quickly?” Kaa-san asked after opening the door responding to my knocking. She looked at me curiously for a moment and then noticed the girl I’m holding, with her clothes looking more like a bag than actual clothing.

“See this girl? I turned a guy into this, quite a muscle head and quick tempered. Can you please put her elsewhere for me? I have a tournament to be at so can you take care of her for me?” I asked.

“Yeah sure. I’ll put her in the dungeon with the rest of the girls” Kaa-san replied cheerfully with a straight face, even with context it sounds wrong doesn’t it? Still probably better to not think too hard about it. Probably better to just ignore that and move on. She picked up the girl for me and winked.

“Y-Yeah thanks. I’ll get going now” I said. Unsettling is certainly one of the words that can be used to describe her.

“Hear hear, good luck out there Maova” Kaa-san replied with a smile.

*Close*

She closed the door on me. Well nothing left to do other than go back.

*Zoom*

“Nothing wrong on this side I presume?” I asked Rosia immediately after I came back, considering one of the instances I did this where an earthquake happened I should ask just to be sure.

“Nothing this time around” Rosia replied. Okay, then it’s time to go back out there and simply wait.

“Then let’s get back out, nothing's more suspicious than conversing in an alleyway after all” I jokingly said as I led our way out. Onto the bright and thankfully not hot day. Sun shining and all that. Speaking of that I’m so grateful vampires aren’t weak to sunlight, that would’ve been a nightmare to deal with.

“I supposed we’ll just wait around for now, yes?” Rosia asked.

“Yeah, nothing else to do, let’s wait” I replied.

 

#####

 

It’s been about 15 minutes or so and I believe most if not all of the matches should conclude at this time, better go check at the colosseum now and make sure we’re not missing anything. I then gesture at Rosia.

“Time to go already? Very well” Rosia replied standing up while I did the same. 

 

#####

 

Let’s check the board now.

 

So the first rounds are all done. Since the redshirt should all be dealt with at this time I think I could tolerate watching these five matches and not be bored, or at least not below my expectation at any rate. 

“Say Rosia, I supposed watching these matches will be fine right?” I asked.

“It’s for your sake so I don’t really care, do as you wish and I’ll follow” Rosia replied. I expected that but it’s still good she’s saying something, if that not being the most hopeful answer.

“Thanks for being so considerate” I said, sounding slightly sarcastic, but what I said had sincerity in it, I just think that her being so dependent on me is a bit saddening I supposed. Make no mistake I think she needs people around for support and I did boss her around for a bit, but hopefully she doesn’t need my input on everything and able to do something herself, it’s no fun determining everything yourself.

Regardless of what I thought, I'm reminded of something after looking at the brackets one more time, I will go up first again.

“Say when does the first match start?” I asked a nearby staff member.

“Ah, it’ll be in three minutes or so, you better prepare now… or not” The guy replied. It seems he thinks I won’t have any difficulty with this battle, and I won’t deny how likely that is, I just hope I can at least make it a good showing.

 

#####

 

I stand there with nothing in hand, with the man on the other side of the arena wielding a giant broadsword, he is quite strong for a human that much I can tell, perhaps nowhere near close to the giant in terms of raw power, but probably at least more graceful.

Silence continued as both he and I appraised each other, figuratively. The man looks at me with both fear and bravery, he’s fearful of my strength yet has both pride and bravery in him to at least see the match through, I can commend that even if nothing else about him is impressive in the slightest aside from the big sword.

“Start!” Immediately that voice rings out and both of us are immediately on the move.

*Dash*

I dashed in to attack of course, nothing like playing with a prey by getting real close and personal.

*Swing*

He sees myself getting close immediately swing at me in the attempt to either stir me away or hitting and damaging me.

*Leap*

I leaped over him in an instant and avoided his horizontal slash much to his surprise, it seems that demonstration against the big guy doesn’t leave a big enough impression.

*Swing*

I swing my right arm toward the guy with no clear technique in mind, I’m not exactly the most skillful in unarmed combat so what can I say on the matter.

*Parry*

He ‘parried’ the attack with his sword and made distance between us, both he and I stepped back a meter or so, giving some space between us. The crowd gasped for a moment when the blade hit my arm, but no damage was done because both my clothes are of high quality with high defensive property to go along with it, and I’m very durable as a powerful vampire, a common greatsword has no effect against me.

“Not bad I would say” I commented, still having distance between us.

“Of course not. I’m not here to be a disappointment” He said holding his sword with both his arms in front of himself. Gripping it tightly.

“Well you pass my expectation at least” I replied with a slight grin. I didn’t pay much attention to him during the preliminary but it seems he’s not half bad as well.

*Dash*

He immediately rushed in seeing my rather poor stance with both of my arms down.

*Swing* *Evade* *Kick*

He immediately went in for another swing but I crouched down and counterattacked with a kick, launching him a few meters to the side.

“What strength…” He said holding onto his side taking a full brunt of that low effort attack, planting his sword into the ground to support his body. The difference in strength is out of this world for certain, if I have to equates that kick to anything it’ll be like getting hit by a bus, but as people in this world, this era, aren’t exactly weak, they can take it and survive, but realistically they can’t possibly walk away with no damage on it even with that into account.

“So? Is that all you have?” I said crossing my arms observing my opponent. He shakily holds his sword and faces me still despite the counterattack.

“No, I can still… go for more” He said slowly readying to rush in even with that injury in play.

“I see” I said as I-

*Sprint*

Quickly sprint towards him in one step. He managed to register my presence as I didn't attack immediately.

*Swing* *Parry*

Once again I swing my arm at him and he once again ‘parried’ it, but with his weakening state I can’t even pretend to be recoiled by his attempt, so only he got knocked back and down to his knee.

“And is this it?” I asked. I doubt he’ll get to display more of what he’s capable of since he’s weakened greatly, but at least some sort of last strike maybe. He managed to stand back up again and hold his sword overhead, almost collapsing from the weight and pain.

“Haaa!” With one last shout he swung his sword downward onto me.

*Catch*

But I catch it with both my hands easily. I pushed it and made him fall to the ground again. Guess this is the farthest this guy can go.

“I… I admit defeat” He said sitting there in resignation. It’s not exactly a climactic end but it’s fine for a non-climatic showdown I would say. Perhaps I should’ve held back a little more.

 

#####

 

Kinda sucks that people are so wary around me, thankfully I don’t really have to deal with them so it shouldn’t be a problem.

“You seem to be doing fine” Rosia commented seeing myself sitting next to her.

“Yep, hopefully it’ll get better from here” I replied. Looking down at the arena I wonder what will come next.

The two people on the different side of the arena this time is a man with a regular sword and on another side is the archer, both of them looking at each other as the intensity in the atmosphere began increasing. Both of them stay silent holding onto their weapon, the man with this sword and the archer with his bow.

“Begin!” The referee shouted, and immediately the archer drew his bow to quickly shoot the man on the other side.

*Shoot* *Evade*

Unfortunately for the archer the swordsman evaded his shot and he had to quickly switch from his bow to his dagger.

*Swing* *Evade* *Parry*

The swordsman tried to rush in and swing at the man, but unfortunately the archer is rather agile and evaded the attack, quickly crouching down and stepped to the side, he staggered the swordsman by quickly striking the man’s blade after he began losing balance from missing his swing, almost disarming him if he wasn’t just preoccupied with dodging the attack.

*Dash* *Shoot*

“Gah!” He quickly ran away to gain some distance after taking the swordsman by surprise, began drawing his bow and getting in another shot. This time it actually hit his opponent, into his left arm which made the man screamed out shortly in pain, while the man can still hold his sword since it’s not a greatsword, obviously it’s way less effective to fight with only one arm, regardless of how much you use either.

“[Wind Arrow]!” The archer chanted as he shot a high-speed arrow due to the wind enchantment. The swordsman noticed and clearly distressed that such a powerful attack headed his way.

*Swing* *Clank*

He desperately swung his sword with all of his might, despite his injury he managed to block the attack, unfortunately not only did his sword go flying from blocking the arrow, his right arm was noticeably strained after using it to swing his sword with all of his might.

*Dash*

Much to the archer’s surprise however his opponent does not give up by the fact that both of his arms are both not in the best condition.

*Shoot* *Evade* *Punch*

The swordsman quickly rushed in and evaded his opponent’s arrow and actually punched the guy right in the face. Too bad his arms are too badly hurt to continue before flinching in pain.

*Slash*

In retaliation the archer slashed the guy in the chest, he has armor on and humans in this world are more durable so he’s in no critical condition, still he clearly can’t fight anymore.

“Stop! The winner has been decided!” The referee shouted and the round was over. This is pretty neat but nothing too absurd just yet, certainly above the level of a normal human at least, which is good enough with them.

Well I can say that it’s been fun and I sure anticipate this with enthusiasm, this is gonna be fun to think about, and what came next I’m sure I can think of something to continue the narrative, it’ll be worth the little trouble I’m sure.

10