Book 3: Chapter 1: Majo: Another Isekai?
276 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The feeling of traveling between space and time I will never forget. My body and mind moving in a way that breaks the law people believe the world follows. I am familiar with this concept, this event that has happened.

*Shine*

“W-What’s going on!?” A friend of mine said panicking, looking around and seeing an unfamiliar environment.

“What is this medieval looking place!” A voice I didn’t recognize shouted out despite the people surrounding all of us.

It’s immediately obvious who these people are, those of royalty, nobility, and knighthood. One in brown hood looking extremely exhausted appeared to be a mage, or perhaps a sage. Another who nearly collapsed looked like… a samurai? How odd, with the one next to her is a knight at the very least. That samurai woman is very peculiar, what is she?

“Maova. I suggested you and the court mage go rest up, we will deal with negotiations” The rose knight said as both exhausted individuals nodded silently and looked at the man sitting on a throne above the rest, who nodded in understanding. They walked away out of sight out of mind.

“W-Where are we?” The little girl who is no different in age from the rest of my friends asked, not realizing the language they’re using. It’s not too different from English actually, how odd.

“From the looks of it we have been kidnapped” Our sporty and stoic friend said with a straight face and a calm tone. 

“Yeah I can tell that much” The other female friend snarked looking at the situation that unfolds. The group of us five stands on one side and the other is another group of five. Their age seems about the same as ours, but their face and look is a bit different from most of us. Different world? Or just a case of nationality? 

“H-Hey what the hell should we do!?” One of the boys of the other group said out loud. 

*Slam*

A loud stomp can be heard throughout the room by one of the knights.

“All of you be silent! You are in the presence of our king!” He said loudly with assertiveness, planting his broad sword into the ground with his scrunched up face of fierceness as a warrior shines through.

Everyone except me immediately flinches in terror, a man in a suit of armor cannot be anything but intimidating, his large sword that seems capable of cleaving their body in two that he walks around with without much issue. The rose knight then approached us with a much more serene atmosphere that made people sigh in relief. She folded her arms and looked at us.

“My apologies for the sudden summoning of you all. We were in a crisis that cannot be stopped with just us by our lonesome. People of other worlds, we summoned you all here to request for your aid. Comply and we shall send you back, resist then make peace with not helping out those who wish to go back home” She said assertively, getting right to the point with a term not so barbaric and forced, if guilt-tripping anyone dared to do otherwise. 

“Can you… explain in more details please?” Mitsuka, like the sane person that he is, asked for more information instead of jumping straight into what would probably be his death.

“You dare to question the He-!” That man was about to yell out again but the rose knight raised her palm and shut him up.

“Sir knight, it was perfectly reasonable of them to ask for more details, after all if they don’t know what they’ll be doing then they can’t do anything in the first place” The rose knight pointed out logically and saved us the trouble of excusing ourselves. The king was listening attentively and not saying a damn thing.

“Now then, it might be something you are aware of, after all I doubt only our world has to deal with demons. Do any of you know of them?” She asked with a calm tone.

“Demons? We heard of them… but we have never fought one before” Mitsuka said which absolutely does not reassure anyone both in and out of the group in the slightest. I can’t say if he blows it or not by being so honest with his answer, at least he’s not telling the full story of not even certain if they existed or not.

“I see… Well from your appearances you all seem to be a squire at best at your age, with your clothing implying you’re either not in shift and taking a day off, or not even an official adventurer or knight. Well, except for one” She said then eyeing at me, guess she means me when it comes to said exception. Her speculation wasn’t wrong by any means, but it sure isn’t right either. A few then noticed me actually being part of their group.

“Wha-Who the heck are you?” Mitsuka said which I can’t be bothered to answer. I’ll clear things up elsewhere. Just not in the middle of the exposition.

“Pay attention everyone. You’re all summoned here to get rid of one demon in particular, the Demon Lord” That word alone brings back some memories, while for others it was more of fear and worry. 

“Hey miss knight or whatever, by the Demon Lord you mean like… Satan or something?” A western looking guy asked for clarification.

“I do not know of this Satan, just know this individual is known as the Demon Lord for a reason, they’re powerful, destructive, and worst of all, enjoy destroying mankind” The rose knight answered, I guess they don’t know those religious names, different worlds and all that.

“And you expect us. Some students, to take care of that?” He asked, sounding skeptical of the whole deal, not a good approach at all.

“Oh? So you’re all students still? Except for that one over there. Hah… even with so many people summoned only one was… nevermind. Your Highness” The rose knight muttered to herself then speaks to the king.

“What is it hero?” He replied. Hero huh? I guess she’s their ace in the hole then, the strongest one here…

[Apprasial]

<Apprasial Blocked>

 

Okay something fishy is going on here and I don’t like it, okay maybe that was too strong of a word, still something is abnormal.

“What is the best place to train these people with potential?” She asked, with the king looking on thoughtfully.

“Well… usually the academy is the best place to train with prestigious teachers about, perhaps these nine could go there as special students… however, we cannot be certain of how much time we’ll have before the invasion truly begins” He replied. Academy arc is it? In my story I just asked them for books on magic to research and that’s it. Still he puts up a good point, if it’s such a big deal then they probably don’t have the time to train these people up, even if extraterrestrial defilement and all that nonsense that comes with hopping through worlds will boost the ever so underdog of a race that is us humans… it probably won’t make all of them superheroes in a few days.

“That is certainly true, at least we could have them as assistants for others for now. More than a few academic geniuses that you talked about are here as well are they not?” The rose knight noted looking around the throne room with many looking quite prestigious and some picking up on her callout.

“Indeed… still this is quite a predicament, just one might not be enough if your estimation is true” The king responded. So the Demon Lord is way stronger than their strongest warrior is it? If I could just know her power then maybe I would have an idea as to how strong this demon lord is supposed to be. 

“Hey, who are you really?” While the two are conversing and discussing a few things Mitsuka asked me quietly.

“As much as I would love to answer that question now, I’m afraid tha-”

*Gasp*

Suddenly the rose knight eyes widen and gasp as she looks pass us, something is happening on the opposite side of the throne. Someone is approaching this room with less than pure intention. 

“If you’re talking about time. I can give you plenty” The footsteps ring out loudly in this massive room, people are panicking and trying to run out of sight of this being. This being that is clad in darkness…

[Apprasial]

<Apprasial Blocked>

 

Again with being blocked. Both sides as well. However I can tell with the aura alone… this figure is way above me. That much I am certain of. Perhaps if I play safe I could make a stalemate, but nothing beyond that.

The rose knight rushed in to confront her.

“Why are you here now!?” She asked, sounding aggressive. Suddenly a sword appeared from nowhere, with a gem on it and the craftsmanship obviously above anything I have seen, except for that blacksmith of course, that girl was just the definition of ultimate blacksmith.

“Why won’t I? It seems our play will have more people about, not that it mattered, it all will end the same” This black clad figure replied so. Her long dark raven hair and crimson red eyes piercing through it. The robe that conceals her figure has blue neon light running through it like a magic circuit. Her horns poking out and pointing towards the one in front of her, the six golden horns, three on the left, three on the right. There are six tails behind her that I can’t quite make out with the dark aura concealing her body slightly. And of course the dark wings behind her, massive and there are six of them… is this appearance deliberate? Her height is almost two meters, about ten centimeters short. The rose knight looked at the figure in front of her with aggression. 

“If you dare to come even a step closer…” She said holding her sword ready to face the monster she flat out admitted she can’t defeat. She seems to be aware of that as well considering her expression, she knows she can’t win but will try to perhaps save the people she put into her own mess. At least that’s one way to look at it.

No one dared to move a finger, even the knights are trembling in fear at this existence, unlike the one I fought, this is the real deal, there is no delusional grandeur here, just the cold reality of a being way above humans standing against them.

“Go ahead and try” The Demon Lord said, darkness swirling around her right hand. Then a massive spiraling lance made of dark metal and red crystals appeared, that is also no common nor ceremonial weapon, it has the power to back its appearance up. 

...Both of them look at each other face to face.

**Dash**

In an instant it was as if both of them disappeared into thin air.

*Clash*

When in actuality they moved about way faster than the people here, with the rose knight consistently being pushed back by the massive lance.

*Parry* *Thrust* *Block*

She barely managed to block the incoming attack with her own weapon which is higher in quality looking at it now, perhaps the wielder herself is not strong enough to endure the force against her, better weapon doesn’t mean everything after all. 

*Thrust* *Evade* *Swing* *Evade*

“Whoa…” A few people in the group of those summoned let out a sound in amazement, even if the gravity of the situation is grand, they have seen something they could never imagine in their wildest dream. Still the situation could’ve been better, at least the rose knight isn’t killed immediately, the power gap isn’t big enough to destroy her in an instant, but she probably can’t hold on for long. Assistance is needed it seems.

*Shoot*

“Hm!?” The Demon Lord reacted to me shooting my arrow at her. From the looks of it not completely expected.

*Crush*

In one thrust of her lance the arrow is destroyed in an instant, perhaps that won’t work too well. Guess I’ll stick to this.

*Dash* *Clash* *Parry* *Dash*

…She looked at me inquisitively, seeing me dared to approach her.

“I have taken you for a mere archer, but a dual wielder is it?” The Demon Lord commented on seeing me approaching her with a few offensive moves of my own, letting the rose knight get some time to catch her breath. The large cutter-like swords that I wield with both of my hands, with its body able to dislocate for other uses. I changed my stance, holding my two blades to my chest level, looking at her with the intent to stop whatever she’s doing, if nothing else I could simply teleport away and play dead if I’m about to be killed.

My blue cloak shifts around as I try to stand strong against this threat. Whatever she is she isn’t friendly, or at least her intention is very much not in our interest.

*Thrust* *Parry*

She tried to pierce me with her lance but I successfully parried it with a great deal more force than I would’ve wanted to.

*Dash* *Parry* *Hop* *Parry* *Thrust* *Parry*

Going in and attacking from both at and above her doesn’t work, almost got hit by the lance midair as well, her reflexes are anything but a joke.

*Swing* *Parry*

Another swing towards her and she brushed it all away with her lance.

**Swing** *Evade*

Unexpectedly both the rose knight and I swing our swords at the same time, instead of parrying the attacks from multiple sides she stepped away, her feathers falling off and disappearing as it touched the ground into a black smoke.

“Hmph, a team up is it?” She said, commenting on the two-against-one. Even if both of us fought her at the same time I don’t think we could get rid of her, but considering her attitude so far that might not be needed, just need to stall for time.

**Dash** *Parry* *Evade*

We both went in and tried to strike her down, but she parried attack from one and moved back to avoid the other. This approach keeps pushing her back doing this over and over, but she isn’t even remotely inconvenienced.

*Swing*

Her swing of the large lance is way more dangerous than us attacking together, and that one was aiming at me!

*Block*

“Kuh” That almost dislocates my shoulders! So far we have been using only physical attacks and none that are magical. It’s like no one tried to pull all their cards, like an unspoken rule for this match, no one shall use all their abilities.

*Thrust* *Parry*

The massive spiral lance was going to hit me again, this time actually aiming at me with a most likely fatal blow, but the rose knight parried the attack in my stead. Going with close combat doesn’t work out so far in our favor, now she’s the one pushing us back, we need another approach.

“Hey, can you keep her at bay for a while?” I asked the knight by my side.

“A big shot I assume?” She asked in return.

“Yep, can you do it?” I asked back.

“Won’t be a problem” She replied despite the contrary.

*Sprint*

I sprinted backward and took out my bow again, and began drawing the arrow and concentrating on my target. A few people noticed I moved past them and turned to look at me while moving out of my aim.

*Parry* *Clash*

Those two meanwhile are fighting in close quarters, the rose knight slowly loses her footing and won’t hold out much longer.

*Shine*

My arrow lit up as mana began concentrating and channeled into the ammo.

*Clash* *Collapse*

The rose knight falls down and the Demon Lord smirks, slowly levitating and flapping her many wings. She holds her lance and ready to strike the downed hero.

*Shine* *Spark*

The charge is complete, this powerful arrow shot should make her scurry back wherever she is.

*Shoot*

The shockwave as the arrow is shot blows some people back, tearing through the air and at extremely high speed. The Demon Lord noticed this immediately and-

*Thrust* *Boom*

The arrow connected with her lance thrust at it, and the impact caused a giant burst of energy and essentially explosions. The smoke clears and the Demon Lord lands on the ground, her clothing is smoking a little but otherwise she doesn’t seem injured at all. She looked at me while the rose knight awkwardly stood back up.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting someone so interesting, but I think I’m done here. I shall make one thing clear now, I’ll give you all some time to get ready, a month should be enough” She said with a smirk.

*Flap* *Fly*

She flew away and left everyone perplexed. I don’t know how people here think about her, but, this isn’t an action of the one who will destroy everything, I know that full well, this person just wants to mess around, this isn’t actually about the crisis that will destroy the world at all. Unfortunately not everyone seems to think that is the case, unable to understand the truth in front of them. Of course that doesn’t really excuse her less than dangerous play.

“Haaaa… Haaaa… Thank you for your assistance” The rose knight said walking to me looking quite tired, she has some wounds on her but it patched up quickly, that’s not natural that much I know.

“No need, if it wasn’t for you there wouldn’t be a chance of victory in the first place” I replied. She’s still suspicious, I can’t really be sure what her intentions are.

“You! The hunter in blue, tell me your name” The king suddenly said with this sound booming in the slightly damaged room. I turn to look at him.

“My name is Reiza Warea. Well. Even if I said that I have forsaken my responsibility as a noble already, simply Reiza is alright” A few people muttered as I said so while the king eyebrows raised, it looked like my comment caught people’s attention.

“A former noble are you? Regardless I must express my thanks, your performance today saved us, you and the Hero shall be rewarded” He said, well I’m not sure if there’s anything I would want from him, so maybe I should…

“No need Your Majesty, if nothing else I would rather have the reward be used for those unfortunate enough to get caught up despite their inexperience” I replied referring to the nine people who got caught up besides me.

“Very well, I guess I can’t dismiss them now can I? You nine heard her correctly yes? Your life here shall be accommodated for by us, don’t forget it, you’re in her debts and ours” The king said, sounding authoritative, the people in the back are unsure as to what to say to that. It seems he was considering ditching them, good thing I said what I did then. I think it’s better to show the roads myself than letting these ancient people do whatever, so I need to keep a close look on them as well.

“Thank you Your Majesty, however I would also like to be the one explaining and managing the situation with them, or to put it simply, be assigned as their leader” I proposed, he looks at me with an attentive if rather stoic expression.

“Very well, but first of all, all of you shall be transported to the academy right this instant, there should still be enough rooms for them there. Captain! Escort them there!” The king commanded the scary looking knight to do so.

“You all heard His Majesty. Escort them!” He commanded his own unit of soldiers and helped direct us along to elsewhere. What an interesting beginning of this story.

I would like to say this flat out that there are some context missing because I didn’t write the other stories connected to this one and published them just yet, which is my bad, I can’t write stories simultaneously all that well, burn me out way too quickly, doesn’t help that it’s probably longer than this one when it’s finished as well.

Also please support me on Patreon... (this’ll work right?)

9