Book 3: Chapter 5: Majo: Fantasy Not So Far From
192 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting in the room by myself for quite some time, I have this big fancy bed and a great deal of room for a one person room all to myself, I can’t exactly say it’s not appreciated of them to do this but… considering I’m but humble hunter it’s certainly a bit jarring, I’m not a noble anymore for crying out loud, then again I keep bringing it up if only to maybe get in their good graces for not being a commoner or something. 

I wonder what I should do next, it seems the people here have some training plan for them, I won’t be involved in that but I would reckoned I’ll be involved with the Hero and that the Demon Lord, which is a much bigger deal and pain to deal with, still at this time I haven’t been informed of any meeting with the Hero or the king just yet, so I should be able to do whatever for now.

*Knock* *Knock*

Someone is knocking at my door and I don’t know why that would be the case, still it’ll be impolite to make them wait, so I stand up and open the door for them.

“Hey there, you must be the beauty of a hunter that stand-in principal must’ve been talking about” A cocky looking man said with less than pleasant eyes, what a bother, I know I’m considered attractive with a few gazes here and there but this is still such a nuisance to deal with, I know full well this guy doesn’t have any pure intention.

“What business do you have with me sir?” I asked, trying to sound oblivious.

“Hah, nothing bad I can assure you, I simply think I can help you out with anything is all, someone who managed to become an honorable guest of the kind in less than a day, I would enjoy us having a bond, don’t you say so?” He seems way too sure of himself, it’s clear he wants to get on my good side with the news of the otherworlders spreading within the academy, probably thinking he’ll get involved with a rather glorious tale or something, something significant to boost his power, what a mess.

“Oi old man, are you here to embarrass me again?” Suddenly a young man said, interrupting the cocky noble in front of me. His hair is weirdly spiky.

“Tch! What an annoying son of mine, just go away while your father here convinces this woman what’s right for her” What a piece of trash, his son just cringed hearing his father saying that in front of me with so consideration whatsoever.

“I believe I’m done here, you two can squabble like parent and child do” I said as I slammed the door shut and locked it, there’s no way I’m dealing with that nonsense. I could hear the two arguing outside and it’s certainly anything but a friendly one.

*Knock* *Knock*

That guy knocked at the door again, how obnoxious. I’d rather not do anything here and maybe… actually what should I do during my free time?

*Knock* *Knock*

I could still hear them knocking and arguing, truly a mess right off the bat, I need to stop this now before it escalates, but how exactly? Maybe…

“[Accel-Self: Decuple]” I chanted as I feel the world around me slowly down by ten times, when it’s actually my body being ten times faster than the rest of the world.

*Open*

I quickly opened the door as I saw them arguing still, the door also affected by me coming into direct contact with it.

“[Silence]” I chanted the death spell as both of their mouths shut up quickly at the command, it’s a harmless temporary disables of the vocal cord, terrifying to think about but no real harm done.

**Punch**

It’s more like an improvised prank than a practical way to shut them up while getting away with it. I dragged their arms into punching the other while also punching the man as well, this way it might look like their argument heated up without me being involved and them silencing each other with trading blows. I of course quickly went back into my room then closed and locked the door shut.

*Twitch*

“Arg!” I subduly yelled out after canceling the effect of the spell, I used it for an actual real time of a second and still I feel pain all over my body… note to self either use less of it for lesser purposes or train some more. 

Well that aside I think I’ll just laze around for now, and hopefully those kind of people don’t keep approaching me, what a mess this already turned out to be.

 

#####

 

*Knock* *Knock*

Who is it now I wonder?

I opened the door to see a well dressed man with a way more friendly and approachable atmosphere than the last guy, of course I can’t just judge someone by the cover, or even majority of its content.

“How can I help you?” I asked not really showing any reaction, I really don’t want to show any sign of vulnerability in front of these pompous people.

“There’s a message from the royal palace for you specifically, unfortunately I can’t give you the rundown of it as it’s confidential, only you can read it” He replied as he gave me a letter and left quietly, good thing he doesn’t stick out more than needed. I guess I’ll read the letter, what is it even about…

I just need to go there in three days, while also saying I should observe the fellow otherworlders how they’re faring, as the next day it’ll be when they’ll start training, the letter also said I can help out with teaching as well if I deem necessary. Don’t have to tell me twice. 

Still I wonder if it’s fine to go to the castle before then, in case I need anything at all. There’s still a great deal of this world I do not know of, from the looks of it it isn’t the same setting as the first time, that one was Germany, which is this I wonder?...

Still I guess I’ll just laze around for now… Hm? There’s an additional note here… it’s the schedule for the nine otherworlders, convenient for me so I can monitor them without trouble, still I can look at this later, time to laze around for now… but maybe… 

Yeah I could go do that… but what time should I teleport to? Which world even?

Let’s get into more modern clothes first… a long blue coat and pitch black shirt and form-fitting jeans should do fine as well, and simple black shoes.

Okay time to get going… I think I have an idea… let’s see… 

*Zoom*

 

.̴̧͇̲̀̉.̷̻̖̋-̵̰̲̎.̵̢̟̈̒ ̷̱̿̉̂ͅ.̸̣̀̅-̷̢̞͊̃.̷̹͝ͅ ̴̳̇-̶̻̊͑ͅͅ-̷̱͓̐̈̂͜-̷̧͎͉͛ ̴̰͔̮̈͛-̵̖͕̳̑̎͝-̷̮̻̭͋̽ ̴̠̽̄͝/̶͕̙͓͝ ̷̨͍̕.̴̡̭̓̄̎-̶̝̣̄͐-̵̱̊͌͘ ̶̡͕̞̿̔͒-̶̳͂-̸̙̔̾-̷̩͙͊̀ ̵͈̝̽.̷͇͙̓̉̋-̵̧̣͑̔.̶̥̊̀ ̷̮͔̣̆̾̂.̶̱͚͐͛͜͠-̴̪̔.̷̼̯̽̿̐.̸̩̺̊̊̔ ̶͓̳̽͘͠-̵͖̉́.̶̭̮̿͠.̴́̉͜ ̵͉̩̎͂/̴̛̺̜͈̋̽ ̸̧̈́̊̒-̵̪͖̚-̴͓̗̈́͝-̴̳̽̇͝ ̵̜̣͚̒̚.̷̬͔̹̈̾̀.̷̩̣͉̐-̷̄͘͜.̷̮̙̓͌ ̴̖̹͐̈́̑/̴̧͎͍̋̓̿ ̴̢͖͔̃̋̀.̴͙̠͙̾̕-̴͎̪̤́̀-̵̢̀̂.̴̫̞͋ ̴̤̌.̸̩̰͕͝ ̶̭̈̎-̵͙̱͕̚ ̶̢̛̘̉̑.̵̲̘͗̇-̸̦͛̆͑ ̶͉̮̔͜.̶̧̺̣́̔͝-̵̜̥̞̿.̸̡̱͗͗͝.̷̧͜͠ ̴̼̬͗/̵͙̩̤̉͝ ̷̺̲͑-̵̻̹̈̄ ̴̢͈̫͌́-̴̟͔̇-̵̪̜̪̇̑-̸̛͔ ̷̛̰͉̣/̵̡͓̙̌̔̔ ̴̬̯̕͠.̴̡̳̜͊̓̇-̶̛̄̕͜-̵̺̜͛̒̾ͅ ̴̬̂̀͝-̷͖̼̓-̷̺͕̐̾̚-̵̨̨͑ ̴̬̓.̶̺͚͇̅̚-̷̙̾̇̈.̸̥̱̾̈́͝ ̶̰̩̕.̵͚̗̏-̶̥͗̆ͅ.̵͇͍͔̌̕.̵̖̬̓͛̽ ̸͇̥̜̒͛-̶͈̫͛͑.̵̞͆̿͝.̶̡̺̆̅̽ ̸͖͎̰̈́̃̚/̸͖͍́̆̉ ̵̳̖̓͜-̸̧̪͔͆͝-̴͙̐̂̉-̷̺͙̫̏ ̶̩̱̙̈́̓.̵͉̽͝.̴̩̑̾̓ͅ-̸̻͕̇̕̚.̴̘̝̉ ̷̯̺́͐̒/̷̤̻͍͐ ̴̩̈́͛̂.̵͔̄͠ͅ.̵̡̧̪̑̿-̴̱̟̔ ̵̟̥̃-̶̲̜̹͌́̒.̴̹͐̅ ̵̫̀̾̚-̷̖̆-̵̘̤̃̌̔ ̷̟̪͗̃.̷̥̘̇͒-̴̪̈̈́̒ ̴̝͍̓̃.̴̢͇̜̉͛͝.̷̱̫̲͗.̵̯̥͐̈́̄ ̴̙̼̮̓̄͑-̷͍̯̐.̷̹̯̀͆ͅ-̶̦̉̅̄ ̶̘̗̽.̵̖͑ ̵̠̘͈̀͘-̷̘̠̃̔̃.̷̛̬̞̰.̴̺̺̉ ̶̠͌̕͝ͅ/̸̻͉̫̽͐ ̴̯͉͑͠-̴͇̈́͊̚ ̷̝̠̈́.̸̱͍̌̾-̴̥̚͝.̷̳̄͑͒ ̸̢͖̈.̸̺̰͎̈́.̴̺̉͑̈́-̴̩̅͑̓͜ ̸̹̩̀-̵̮̐ ̸̦͖̪͌̇͘.̵̧͓̝̍.̴̛̝̈̚.̷͔̐.̶̹͗͌̀

 

Let’s not go into any sort of craziness that lies in the realms between, now then… I believe I should be… at night the day before that summoning takes place, no one should see me during this time of day, I just need to go buy some things and stock them up, there should be a few bakery and convenient stores still open right? Well let’s go stock up on them so I don’t have to cross world so many times…

 

#####

 

*Knock* *Knock*

I knocked on the door of Ran and Yumi’s room and Yumi opened it. 

“What is it Reita?” She asked not quite seeing her mistake, not that I mind, the same is similar anyway for some odd reason.

“It’s Reiza now, but anyway it’s been like… a few hours since we have been here, how are you holding up?” I asked as I went into the room and sat down along with them, not before closing the door first of course.

“There’s really nothing going on right now, I know we have to do some training tomorrow, whatever that entails, I just hope I can still use a bow” Yumi answered as she sat down.

“Okay then” I replied simply, then turned to look at Ran who was sitting there not really doing or thinking anything, but still she noticed my gaze.

“What is it?” She innocently asked.

“How are you feeling right now?” I asked the same question as I did with Yumi.

“I’m alright” She said sweetly, she doesn't seem too concerned with what’s to come next. 

I don’t think they realized it themselves, but they’re already homesick, the environment around them is way too different, it feels old, and nothing similar to what they’re used to, but I have a way of adding levity to that conundrum. I no doubt have a small smirk on me right now.

“What are you thinking of now?” Yumi asked, seeing my expression. Sounds a bit too cautious against a friend but I’ll let it slide. I think I know what these two likes, all of us appreciate sweets, so naturally we hang out and eat sweets together sometimes, and no doubt everyone is already aware of each other’s taste. For specific flavors Yumi likes coffee and Ran likes honey, Mitsuka likes bananas and Kioshi likes green tea, while I myself like pears. I bring out a chocolate bar, coffee flavored, Yumi also liked chocolate more than the rest of us, so two of her favorite things in one should be quite enticing, I show it to her with the wrapping in Japanese still on there and everything.

“W-Where did you get that!?” Yumi asked, panicking while Ran is at a loss for words, after all we’re in a different world, such a thing shouldn’t exist here.

“Heh, I just told you all I can travel across worlds, didn't I? I just go back and buy some treats for you all” I said with a smile while handing the chocolate bar over to Yumi who looks at it with delight, Ran meanwhile is anticipating something herself, and I like a good friend I am know full well she’ll act this way, I brought massive amount of items from more than just Japan with a lot of money loss, but it’s all worth it to keep them going. I summoned a pack of honey candy and gave it to her much to her delight, and she happily takes it from me with a big smile, kinda hard to believe we’re all about the same age.

“Thanks a lot Reiza… this wasn’t too difficult was it?” Yumi asked curious and concerned as to how much I exert myself doing this, it’s not all that difficult by myself, so she shouldn’t worry.

“Nah, doing so by myself is fine. I’m off to bring some snacks to the other room okay?” I said with a smile standing back up. 

“Of course” Yumi replied.

“Yeah” Ran replied. 

I leave the room and walk to the adjacent one, this one is where Mitsuka and Kioshi are in.

*Knock* *Knock*

I knocked on the door and the one who opened it was Kioshi, who looked slightly surprised.

“Hey, I can come in right?” I asked simply. He simply nodded and let me in, with everyone sitting down closing the door. Mitsuka of course is a bit confused as to why I’m here right now.

“Why are you here Reiza?” Mitsuka asked, not as cautious as Yumi.

“I’m here to check on you two is all, how are you doing since you’re here?” I asked.

“Honestly… I’m pretty excited, even if we probably won’t come out of this unscathed” Mitsuka replied.

“As for me I’m rather indifferent” Kioshi replied, crossing his arms. Their expression doesn’t look as bad as the two girls. Still I don’t think gifting them will make them complacent, so I might as well.

“Here’s a banana bread for you Mitsuka” I said, taking out a loaf of banana bread, it’s perhaps a bit big but it probably would be stored for a while, so he doesn’t have to eat it all right now. His face is hilariously dumbstruck, which is a great sight to see. I handed it over to him much to his puzzlement.

“W-Where did that even come from?” He asked, compared to Yumi’s question it’s a bit less relevant, however as I already explained that I can travel between worlds already this is the correct question to ask.

“[Item Box], the standard and super handy rpg-world mechanic, you know of it is” I explained plainly, then look at Kioshi, who looks stoic still but is clearly anticipating something. I simply handed over a bag of green tea candy, which he made a small smile seeing it.

“Thanks” He replied in a single word, they’re very fortunate to have someone like me around, while I’m not truly obligated to go extra distance for them, as their friend and because I can, I should use my power to grant some extra help, even if it’s a little troublesome. I have a bit of a habit of helping my friends I guess, still I don’t fancy myself someone who helped everyone, at least not anymore. I wonder if there’s something I should ask them… Oh right… What's their schedule for training?

“So what’s your schedule like? I heard you all will start studying tomorrow right? Is it too much for you?” I asked, while I already know what the schedule would be like I think I should ask them still.

“I mean it’s not that long thankfully. The first day seems to be mostly lecturing” Mitsuka replied looking disinterested, yeah I don’t think he’s too enthusiastic about exposition, but I’ll be there as well for that exposition specifically, can’t exactly let any details go in case it became important, just in case.

“It seems they’ll let us try practicing with weapons to see what we’re best at, but with that tool just now we should be able to pick and practice with supposedly our best weapon right away isn’t that right?” Kioshi added, bringing out an interesting point. We indeed already know what are the best weapons and elements each can use, so there shouldn’t be any trouble picking up weapons of choice.

“True, and with that you should have a great deal of time to practice it while leaving the other group in the dust… Huh… what about that other group anyway? They’re from that big western country, doesn’t look like they’ll have much luck here. What do you two think about it?” I commented and asked. While I don’t particularly care about them, I’m not exactly sure what my friends think about them.

“Well they haven’t exactly been too friendly with us, not really the best look is it? Still it’s a bit concerning on their side” Mitsuka answered. 

“For me while I have some American heritage and whatnot, that doesn’t really mean I care much for them, but I’ll admit it’s still concerning that there’s another group with us who are way more in the dark” Kioshi commented with much more insight. The fact that we’re in a much better position than them would certainly make us complacent in helping them, who are in the same situation.

“If that’s how you look at it you could help them out along with the rest, there’s nothing wrong with that. I myself have to be involved in a separate issue so I can’t exactly help them out as needed, anything you learn from me you could go tell them if you want” I mentioned. They’re all nice people so they would probably do so anyway, but might as well give them my approval, even if it’s not necessary.

“What is this thing you’ll be doing?” Mitsuka asked, picking up on what I’ve said on a separate issue.

“I have to deal with those higher ups, not much to say besides that. Don’t worry too much though, I can monitor you all still if I want to, there isn’t any explicit mission so far for me” I explained. Not really much going on at this point worth mentioning… I wonder if I could go elsewhere for the time being. Right now it’s in the afternoon, so I probably don’t have a lot of time to go out, even if I’m essentially an honored guest I’m still an outsider, no way they will trust me to go out for a long time, especially into the night. Speaking of which, who could I talk to to get such a permission? There is a vast power difference between me and most of them so I should be able to do what I want even if they tried to oppose me, and as I mentioned before that Hero person is very suspicious, for all I know she might not be what she seems, and she certainly doesn’t put her all into fighting what should be her natural enemy, so she might not oppose me if I tried anything funny, still I can’t get much read on her aside from that. Probably better to play safe and not use force for the time being.

“I see. What else is there to talk about?” Mitsuka replied. It’s been a bit of time since we started discussing, but as there’s not too much to go on I think it’s best to end it here and go pondering on something else by my lonesome.

“Hmm… Not much really, perhaps we should call it off for now” I answered.

“If you say so, see you later then” Mitsuka replied.

I stood up and walked out, walking back to my room and laying down on my bed. It’s a nice and comfy bed, but still could’ve been better.

Still not the end of the day to go to sleep just yet, so I should go find something to do for now until I do so, perhaps I should go ask for permission right now if that’s the case… either the principal or… yeah only him I can think of. One must wonder if they put much thought into the otherworlders making a move by themselves, if not they’ll have a lot of headaches coming… from me specifically.

7