Book 3: Chapter 11: Majo: The Rouge of Guidance
127 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So yeah I guess I’m also a teacher now as well. Anyway is there any code of conduct for this exactly? I’m an otherworlders just like others here” I commented and asked. Even though I just proposed to help I just tactlessly asked for help.

“Ah… I haven’t been instructed in the case of this happening, so I’m sure there isn’t any rule in place… perhaps you shouldn’t actively disclose this at least, they might question and intention and effort” He replied honestly, while also pointing out an important point that might cause conflict if not concealed. Since I have the audacity to essentially and actively downplay or refuse their aid, if they heard about this it would be pretty hard or at least annoying to convince them.

“I see… I’ll just let you take the reins for now” I said walking over to near the front entrance.

… 

“When she said you all have next to no experience in combat… how true is that exactly?” He asked, sounding a bit concerned if worried for them.

“I have no idea” The rude guy boldly replied. 

“I myself have exercise, but when it comes to actual battle… such a thing is not acceptable under most circumstances, we were not allowed to even think of doing so let alone try it” Kioshi explained his side with much more clarity and reason.

“I see I see… But you all at least know what battle is correct?” He asked hoping they had heard of such a thing before.

“Who hasn’t?” Sarah asked nonchalantly.

“I’m pretty certain people talk about it more than it happening” Mitsuka commented. 

“That’s good to hear, then I guess we can all skip the inevitable fact that you all will be in danger as you’re all dragged into this battle. Still it would be a problem if you all don’t have any experience in fighting, even if there will be training soon after this lesson is officially done, there just isn’t much we can do about it before then” He said to the group, after a long exposition I couldn’t bothered to keep track of since it’s all the same stuff, he sure doesn’t have much else to do, and there are still about an hour left until the class is officially over, he certainly simplified and shortened it by a lot even if it’s still a slog to processed.

“Guess that’s where I come in” I said, walking over and taking the spotlight for myself. The otherworlders including my own classmates feel rather uneasy, I’m supposed to be one of them yet the scene presented upon us very clearly depicts a different story.

“You see dear teacher, the class here is completely hopeless in spells and magecraft and all that. In fact chances are they have no idea they even existed, in my world it’s a closely guarded secret only a select few know, most only know of them as mere rumor and fantasy” I explained to the man with good intention. Everyone looked at me incredulously, both the otherworlders, and the teacher behind me.

“That’s… quite a ridiculous thing you have said, but I suppose since you’re from a different world entirely that’s not impossible to imagine” He commented and essentially taking the backseat for now. I look around at everyone present and see if they have anything to say for themselves.

“Why are you even doing all this? What gives you the right to go around bossing people? What’s with that getup?” The rude guy from before asked.

*Throw* *Graze* *Lodge*

“Eek!” He shrieked almost like a little girl which caused giggles among his peers. The reason for such an extreme reaction is me, I threw a knife that grazed him at a speed comparable to a bullet shot. The knife is now stuck in the wall at the back of the class, it’s just a construct made of earth magic that will disappear in a few seconds so I don’t have to go retrieve it.

Everyone then looked back at me with my glare retaliating at them, they’re terrified that a random person who should’ve been in the same position as them didn’t.

“I am very much qualified, not even an argument” I replied simply not caring for his baseless opposition.

“You’re ruthless” Mitsuka commented, looking exasperated and sweating slightly.

“Well I could’ve done much worse so I’d say I’m not that bad” I retort playfully. Looking around to see if they dared to say anything stupid again… good, they do not.

“Now then, I’m sure none of us here are uncultural enough to not know of spells, isn't that right?” I asked, which everyone nodded in response.

“Good, now then, does anyone know about isekai?” I questioned them more, a western guy and all of my classmates raised their hands.

“Not everyone unfortunately, now then the guy in the back along with the other Americans, explain to them, you all better listen as well” I instructed much to his surprise and slight regret, not expecting the attention to be on him.

“Right… It's a popular trope, usually in Japanese, about being summoned for reincarnated into another world. In other words, what we experience right now” The guy explained.

“Okay, and what’s one important part of it? What’s the one element this is present in almost every isekai?” I asked him.

“It’s… Well generally speaking the protagonists are pretty darn overpowered” He answered correctly. While the scope of the boost is significantly less than the average-which is obscene-it’s still a considerable amount to help them starting out if nothing else.

“Correct, which means you should all be able to use magic even if you have never practiced or even know of its existence before” I elaborate on my idea. If nothing else should reassure them.

“...How?” Sarah asked, sounding out of it. It’s a natural reaction, not everything can be done and know how to just because some say you can.

“Well try what you think spell casting works then… Hold on actually, is this place good enough to endure practicing spells” I dismissively answered then realized something. I turned to ask the man who should know about this place more than me.

“It used to be, still just a little spell won’t hurt” The first part of the reply is rather somber and holds a story in it, but I won’t pry.

“Okay then, I think that’ll be fine. Anyone wants to try out?” I asked for a volunteer… Of course no one said anything. I shift my gaze to look at Mitsuka since he’s such a nerd he might as well be the one to try out something like magic.

“Mitsuka you go first” I nonchalantly ordered much to his surprise. He hesitantly stood up and raised his left arm… Wait minute isn’t he rather inept with elements? That’s going to make it hard to try a spell even if his magic stats are pretty good.

“Fire!” He shouted… And of course nothing happened, even if you’re isekai’d with a power boost from it that doesn’t make you an instant expert. Those westerners are chuckling rather rudely.

“Oi, stop it. Mitsuka sat back down” I authoritatively commanded which shut them up. 

“Ran! You’re the one good with magic I could tell, how about you try it?” I instructed her. She nervously stood up in response.

“Umm…” She trailed off sounding unsure of herself. Perhaps I should show her the road.

“I’ll show you all an example then, I’ll show the wonder of magic…” I said.

*Shine* *Whirl*

“W-What are you doing!?” The teacher shouted out in concern as the room was filled with strange light and winds swirling about. Mana concentrating and moving around on my will. I turn to look at him with a glare that could kill.

“You shall not witness this, go outside” I commanded, with him obligingly backing off and leaving the room. I turn back to look at the class.

“[Sky of wind, sky of the star, reflecting colors of heavens, enravels and shine]!” I chanted raising my right arm as-

*Shine*

The light that colored the floor in shifting color suddenly rose from the ground in beautiful light that enveloped the room.

“W-Whoa…” Ran and a few others eyes shine bright at the sight, with the room seemingly transformed into a room of aurora, wall of lights enveloping the place and filling the eyes of the people inside with wonders, everyone is speechless.

...Soon the light fades and everything goes back to normalcy. I walked over to the door and opened it, beckoning the man to go back inside. After everything goes back to before I use that spell, I turn to look at Ran.

“Okay then, try out something for yourself, let your imagination go wild” I encouraged her and said so with a smile. She looked inspirational and with a small smile on her while everyone is still slightly overwhelmed by my performance, that was really just a party trick. Ran looked excited but unsure of herself somewhat.

“Uhh… [Magic! Draw Kioshi to me]!” She said so in extremely silly chanting. Kioshi is drawn back slightly but as he’s quick to react and the dark magic not being strong enough to pull him to her, and the good thing is that it doesn’t escalate into him falling off the chair being dragged by supernatural force.

“Okay okay that’s good enough please sit down” I said feeling awkward at such a ridiculous spell, and thankfully she comply. That was unexpected and thankfully doesn’t escalate further.

“Now then as you see, chanting is needed when starting out using magic, it’s a crutch to help with using mana, just stretching and stressing your body is simply not enough” I explained a bit more of spells, which none of them questioned.

...A pause of silence followed while I turned to look at the teacher.

“Anything you want to add?” I asked him to be considerate here and not particularly interested to continue lecturing.

“Hmm… If nothing else I at least want everyone to know what they’re proficient in, both with weapons and elements, before the instructors and trainers came in” He commented. That is certainly something that everyone needed to be aware of to train to their maximum potential.

“That is a very important point. I have already discussed with the group of mostly foreign looking students already, since I know them and all, we already discussed which is best for whom. Are you four willing to share it?” I replied and turned around to ask my classmates while the Americans, specifically the otherworlders Americans, were taken off guard by our secret preparations, they didn’t say anything to me specifically but they’re certainly discussing among themselves when I said those words. My classmates all responded by nodding.

“I’m good with bow, as well as fire and wind magic” Yumi started up.

“I can use polearms or fight bare-handed, I’m no good with magic” Kioshi followed up.

“I can use da-” 

“Ahem, gravity” I interrupted her before she spilled the bean. The word dark magic isn’t exactly the most flattering, so I don’t think she should say it out loud.

“Y-Yeah… that and life sir” Ran finished her line, which left the most… untalented of the bunch, the master of none himself.

“I… can use a sword, somewhat” He said, sounding defeated and deflated. The other group now seems rather panicked. Well I couldn’t just stand around letting them suffer can I? At least in front of them anyway, it’s hard to not help those who need help when they’re in front of you.

“As for the other group at least try to be lenient with them, or rather try to convince the instructors who will come soon” I said to the teacher in which he thoughtfully nodded. I have no idea if that’ll do anything or not, but I hope that at least impacts something.

“So what’s next? Etiquette? I believe there’s still some time left, I know everything happened so quickly these past few days so you and your peers probably aren’t too organized so you might not know what to do next” I asked the man who should still be in control of the room even if I’m not there to help. 

“Well. I think the other group of otherworlders should at least voice their opinion on what they want to train, discuss and come to some sort of agreement before the training hours began” He replied, not really saying much about what he’ll do as much as what they’ll do. Not exactly the most professional which is a bit concerning.

“Shouldn’t you have a bit more urgency in such a situation?” I asked, feeling concerned. His face grimaced at the words, looking down with clear sadness and stress.

“I…” He tried to say something but can’t think of anything to say, and is not willing to say what’s truly on his mind. I turn to look at everyone else, the other group are talking among each other and panicking while my group just sits there listening to everything rather quietly.

“Can you all go talk to the other group for now please” I asked them to give this guy a break from the pressure. They all quietly nod and walk over to chat with the other group.

“So… what exactly happened? First the academy isn’t that lively, the library doesn’t have a librarian or as much books as there should be, some of them have bloodstain on them or something, and then here there are people who look way too pressured for their own good” I listed off everything I know of so far. I know I just thought about not prying into it but at this point it’s just impossible to ignore.

“Well…” He trailed off immediately, looking at the otherworlders chatting behind my back and then looking  back at me.

“Say it” I said, pressuring the already pressured guy, trying to make him conceited.

“The… the academy was attacked not too long ago during an earthquake. Nearly half of the academy was either destroyed or heavily damaged. Great deal of the teachers and students were injured in the attack, some even died. It was… I myself was a new teacher there at the time but… The attack was just something not a human could have possibly done. It was like an explosion made of blood” He explained looking sorrowful throughout. An attack is it? I feel like there’s one person who might be the culprit, I don’t think such a devastating attack could’ve possibly been from anyone else aside from that woman, and it’s an explosion made of blood… what could that possibly mean? The first thing my mind went to is vampire, not just any kind of vampire either. True ancestor is the first candidate I have regarding the race of the culprit, and vampires are considered demons. [Blood Art] is extremely overpowered, and it’s a bit of a shame the person who has it that I know of doesn’t really use it all that well, despite being close to absolute in power with next to no limitation. Could the Demon Lord actually be a true ancestor is the question, a vampire could theoretically be from more than just the human race, any humanoid would probably work, but the miss-match characteristic of that woman is also somewhat troubling, some sort of humanoid chimera… Still could be a vampire but really I’m not sure, but a vampire with blackened feather wings will be weird that much I can tell, even if there are weirder designs for vampire wings I have seen before, like one made of crystal of many colors, like the rainbow.

Getting off track aside one thing is clear, the people here aren’t going to do much especially when it seems like they’re still recovering from the attack, so I really might need to assist them even when I really don’t have to, it’s a bit of a chore but that’s just how it is. Sorry Floria but maybe I can’t meet you a bit sooner than I want to.

“Okay then, at least that’s an explanation. Perhaps I need to help out more than I want to, this is going to be a sour point I might- Actually wait. The royalty and nobility and all that are aware of it are they not? Shouldn’t they support this place to their fullest?” I asked, realizing something in the middle of my own speech. The guy looked even more down.

“They were but… you know how they are, not fully committed or invested in anything” He replied, sounding very much out of it and almost downright depressing.

“Oh right. Almost forgot about how high ups usually are, how silly of me” I said in complete contrast of his tone, playfully and laughing a bit. It wasn’t to mock him or the people here, just that it’s rather obvious and a bit funny that I didn’t notice it, still it clearly is weighing on the guy so I’ll try to not make such tactless gestures.

“Yeah… I’m grateful for and welcomed your help because of that” He pointed out. I appreciate his gratefulness but I’m never the one to take praise.

How are the groups doing I wonder? I walked over to them and saw what they’re discussing.

“Hey you nine. Hope you didn’t hear what we were talking about. So have the five of you come up with some sort of preference?” I announced myself and looked at them, asking the five from a different place what their deal would be.

“I’ll just go with a good fashioned sword, and maybe wind magic, seems like that’s a thing” Sarah said confidently. Usually one could tell their proficiency just by their instinct, so if she doesn’t hesitate nor seem delusional in said confidence then those probably are her talents.

“I don’t need no weapon, I’ll just punch whatever in the way” The rude guy dismissively declared.

“I’ll just… go with a spear” The quiet guy quietly responded.

“I’m going to use a bow, since there’s no way I’m getting anywhere near a battle” The nerdy looking girl said.

“I believe some sort of polearm would work for me. I have no idea what’s the deal with magic so no idea” The sporty one of the group replied.

“I see… hear that teacher man? They have decided, if nothing else” I said turning back at the guy.

“Right, I did indeed hear that, and I’ll inform the others soon” He replied, still sounding a bit solemn.

And now we wait and be patient, while I and my unorthodox fighting style won’t do many any favors I do believe I could still give advice here and there. My ‘role’ as an observer sure doesn’t go very well so far, but even so, at least I’m doing some good. There’s not much they can do against me, they should be glad I’m a rather good person, if admittedly vengeful, so they better no piss me off and we’re all good.

6