Book 3: Chapter 12: Majo: Lecture and Adventurer
129 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…We’ve been mostly waiting in silence as time passed. There simply isn’t much else to do. It seems that aside from the teacher simplifying the planned lecture into a quick yet hard to follow explanation, the people managing this seems to overestimate the time needed for one topic to be explained. I won’t complain since it allowed us to talk and discuss among ourselves before it’s time for the possibly rigorous and painful training.

“Say. Reit- Reiza, how exactly do you get all strong anyway? You said something about being in this kind of situation, and other complicated stuff. All that mess” Mitsuka asked, which prompted everyone else to turn to look at me. What I did I wouldn’t say is particularly special, I just keep trying and trying, but maybe I should recount some of my explanation if to keep them off by back, as I’m pretty certain not everyone has the same level of determination.

“If there is one thing I could say is that it’s very complicated as he has said, so I cannot disclose everything. During one of my adventures into another world I try to get hands on any knowledge and exploit people of that world would be aware of, some sort of secret techniques and instruction. Also obviously hard work… what else… Hey teacher, are there any humanoid race besides humans and demons?” I disclose some of the things I did which are admittedly not all that complicated, then asked the man who is standing at a corner or something not engaging in any conversation. He picked up on my question and looked at me.

“No, I don’t believe there could possibly be any sort of beings that looked like humans that aren’t demons” He responded confidently. Well that’s a shame.

“Why is that important?” Yumi asked, scratching her head.

“The thing about humans is that they’re very jack-of-all-trades when it comes to the elements, and therefore couldn't tap into one element too greatly even if they’re talented in said element for their kind, while other races would be more specialized and more knowledgeable in said one element. Seriously though no humanoids of any kind besides demons? That’s inconvenient” I explained the reasoning behind it. It’s why I know a good deal of light magic even if I’m not inherently talented in said element. Mitsuka and… Tony was it? The two then look at me in anticipation for some reason… Ohhhh… I get it.

“For example… Elves and monster girls. Goblin girls, slime girls… tentacle girls… yeah those sort of things” I think I awakened a bit of an awkward memory, let’s ignore that. Hope no one sees that. 

“Whoa… Too bad nothing like that is here…” Mitsuka commented, sounding down. I mean maybe the humans here just are ignorant about the whole thing? Maybe they have sighted something humanoid at least?

“Hey teacher man. Anything looking humanoid seen? Just anything at all?” I asked the man again.

“I think I have heard of those with animal characteristics, at least rumors about it…” He muttered not completely sure of his information… Cat girls, dog girls, harpys, naga, and oh so many more… Sounds promising.

“Did I hear that correctly?” Tony asked, also listening in on the man’s response. I think it’s pretty clear what those kinds of humanoids are… why hasn't he mentioned it before, has such a concept never been heard of before?

“I believe so. Now let’s get back to the discussion you were all having” I replied before the conversation between two world could start, as it usually isn’t a good idea if at least one side isn’t aware of the other’s way first.

“Ah. Right. What else should we know?” Mitsuka asked for more advice.

“More training” I tactlessly replied.

“What? Like there’s much else to do, outside of that it’s all situational” I said in response to their reaction. You must be in a very specific situation that is one-in a-million or something of the sort to be powerful in a short amount of time, such a convenience just doesn’t come up regularly, it’s ridiculous to think that’s a thing.

“I guess… I guess it depends on what we’re good at and all that” Mitsuka added. Good thing he pointed that out, as everyone looked at him in agreement, not saying anything, but clearly agreeing with his point.

“Yeah, I hope none of you are expecting anything too grandiose, if you want it, you have to earn it” I replied with approval. Looking at them and reassuring them. I hope that helped with their confidence if nothing else.

“Hey how much time do we have left again?” I turned to ask the guy native from this world. Would be rather problematic if we aren’t aware of the time.

“In about ten minutes” He replied and went back to being silent. I guess we’ll just have to wait… waiting for ten minutes doesn’t sound very fun and I don’t think we have much to… actually at least I have something to do to pass time.

“Why do you have THAT?” Mitsuka freaked out a bit as I pulled out a game console.

“What? I just have it with me at all times. I mean you all have your phone do you not?” I replied sounding bored. I thought I already told him about [Item Box]. 

“Y-Yeah but still, it’s a bit unsettling you have something that I don’t think anyone in this situation should have access to” Mitsuka replied sounding a bit exasperated. 

“Not my problem” I cheekily replied as I began playing the game. 

*Click* *Press* *Click* *Click*

“I’m real jealous right now” A girl from the other group muttered seeing my game console. She just has to deal with it as I do not plan on handing it off to a stranger.

 

#####

 

I believe this is as far as I can go for now. Time’s up and all that, have to put it away.

“I guess it’s time for the training isn’t that right?” I asked the man standing alone.

“Indeed. I have to get the others, as for all of you, go to the training ground, it isn't far from here, rather easy to spot” He said as he left. Now it’s just us here, I do remember where the training ground is so I might as well bring them there immediately, no need not to.

“Let’s go then, no need to stay around here” I said to the group as I began walking out, with all of them following me.

 

#####

 

Now we’re all at the training ground. It’s essentially a huge square in one of the corners of the academy. Nothing all that interesting honestly.

“I’m honestly so nervous right now” Mitsuka said with a sigh.

“Yeah, I mean even if I’m pretty good with my bow these people are professionals, and actually use them in combat as well, there’s no way I’m not stressed as well” Yumi added.

“I really hope they aren’t strict with outsiders like us” Sarah commented, that is kinda hard to expected in these kind of times, for all I know this could be when a lot of punishment are severe, where physical trauma are used extremely often and some might died from it, I just hope it’s not like that as well.

I hear footsteps coming toward here. Can it possibly be those here to train them? I just hope they’re all good enough to keep them company without needing me around for too long.

“Hmm… So these are the people of the other worlds… Rosia’s description does indeed match” One of them muttered to no one in particular.

“What are you even talking about? Anyway you all must be the otherworlders those high ups are talking about. With one of you not needing any training isn’t that right?” A man chimed in while conversing with us, mentioning me specifically as well.

“It is I you’re talking about. Anything you need of me?” I responded confused at the particular callout.

“Just feels like testing you out is all” He said with a smirk, is he an idiot?

“Ignore him, he’s just a muscle head” Another man noted, looking way less muscular and more like a mage more than anything else.

“Ah I see. The type of adventurer whose head is just as empty as their goals” I said with a sound that could pierce a castle wall in how direct and straightforward my comment is, with the warrior guy noticeably taken aback by my harsh words.

“H-Hey! What does that supposed to mean!” He shouted out unprofessionally. What’s going on? I thought professionals are supposed to be here?

“Hm? Are you wondering why someone like him is here?” The one in the Japanese aesthetic- Wait didn’t I see her somewhere before?

“Yeah… why is that exactly?” While I wanted to confirm if she appeared before I think this is a more urgent question.

“To put it simply, I suggest that perhaps professionals from this academy and those of high status would be way too overwhelming for the otherworlders, I said so to the Hero and she said so to the king. Probably not what you all expected but probably better than the stuck ups right?” She explained scratching her temples, besides the three of them there is also a man with a bow and a woman with a spear. None of them look too out there honestly.

“I… see, that does sort of make sense. Anyway how would the procedure even go with such a… an ensemble cast of adventurers” I asked, not trying to say anything too provoking.

“Eh, thankfully the higher ups aren’t too concerned with that, they probably think I can take care of everything” She dismissively said, the fact that she seems to be the one managing this group she’s obviously important, just how important exactly?

“Hey! Before we get started how about a match against this woman? Not everyday you get to see a strong woman after all” The warrior man asked looking enthusiastic.

“Be my guest, but just so you know you got your ass kicked by me just yesterday isn’t that right?” The ponytail samurai looked at the man in exasperation. I have no idea how strong this samurai looking lady is but I don’t think I have to worry about the rest at least, nothing seems to indicate how strong they are, perhaps I should take a blind chance at them, even if they’re most likely nowhere near my level, and probably not close to what Floria is like.

“Okay that’s fair but still! Can’t a man try?” He replied sounding friendly as always if of course a bit intrusive.

“Fine by me, it’ll be a good example for the otherworlders as well most likely” I replied not caring all that much.

“Yeah! Let’s set this up quickly!” He replied enthusiastically while everyone else either stayed silent or face-palmed.

 

#####

 

“That’s a strange style you have there, in fact I think only one person I have heard of use that kind of style somewhat successfully” He commented as I took out my two blades. It’s obvious who he’s talking about, but I won’t mention her as there’s no need to. I also didn’t use my signature blades as they would cut him like butter, I’m not crazy enough to use such a dangerous weapon in a friendly match.

“Is that so? Well let’s see how you deal with it then!” I said starting the match.

*Dash*

My opponent has a large sword, which means his attack is on the slower end but covers a good deal of the area, while I could force my way through it I believe it would be a poor sport for me to not try to play on the same playing field at least.

*Swing*

As I rushed toward him, he swung his sword towards me in retaliation.

*Leap*

“Whoa!” He shouted seeing my leap up high surprised at my leg work, jumping above the swing and him.

*Swing* *Evade*

I swung the swords downward and he barely dodged it, having to drag the swung sword away as well.

*Swing* *Block* *Block* *Block*

I began overwhelming him with a barrage of sword slashes, with clear pressure put on him as I continued my assault. Of course my attacks weren’t doing much aside from pushing him away.

*Dash*

I quickly stepped backward much to everyone’s bewilderment, well all except one.

“[The ground of origin, pierce the man in front of me with retribution]!” I chanted letting a slight bit of magical energy flow out.

*Spike*

Spike began manifesting from the ground beneath the man, with him reacting more in panic than reason

“W-W-Whoa!” He almost actually got pierced by the incredibly slow spikes growing from the ground, but he managed to get away with his guard down.

*Dash*

“That was fast!” The woman with a spear commented at my incredible speed. By the time the man with a large sword realized that I’m there right next to him, it was already too late.

*Slash*

I perhaps ended the battle a bit too early, but I didn’t think I could go on for much longer humoring the guy without it being clear I wasn’t even anywhere near serious.

“T-That was real good of you” He commented, sweating and on the floor, the cut I made was mild and just on his armor, so in terms of damage it was really nothing.

“Thanks, now can we get on to the lessons?” I replied trying to get to the point.

“Oh yeah… Hey lady so how are we doing this?” He looks at the woman in the garb in which she disinterestedly looks back.

“We’ll split into groups based on their proficiency or preferences, that’s why I have four people here for different fields, I myself know a bit of everything so if nothing matches up then come to me” She answered looking at all of us, with the four adventurer all walk to a different part of the training ground.

“I’m for those wanting to know how to use a sword” The warrior said.

“Anyone who needs advice in magic may come to me” The man who dressed as a mage said.

“I know a bit about spear if that’s what you’re interested in, or at least some sort of polearm” The spearwoman announced.

“And while I understand it doesn’t seem like a lot could be learned with a bow, I think having someone to guide you is important” The man with a bow said so.

“And I’m here” The samurai looking woman said a bit jokingly, just looking at the lineup it’s crystal clear who one needs to go to to get the best and most advice. 

“You heard her, chop chop let’s get going!” I said to the group telling them to go to their respective partner, with most of them going to who should be experts in what they’re proficient in, with Kioshi and Sarah actually opting to go for the ponytail woman instead of the others. 

“What about you then?” The eastern garb woman asked me seeing me being rather passive outside of that match.

“I don’t really need to train, at least as far as I see it, besides they need it a lot more than me don’t you think?” I replied with a question of my own.

“Humph, fair enough, alright then you two, I’ll teach you personally” She replied to me and said so to the two with a smile. I really need to interrogate her at some point, but not now.

 

#####

 

*Clash*

“Not too bad kid!” The warrior said to Mitsuka who kept up alright despite being clearly inexperienced, I meanwhile am inspecting my bow. A purple  bow with a head of a golden dragon on it, inside its eyes are two black orbs that luminates with mana, and the bow string is also…

“Hey Reiza, what’s with that… honestly really awesome looking bow you have there?” Yumi walked over and asked me that question rather suddenly.

“This? It’s a bow made from the finest of all craftsmen, made with care and blessing all over it. It’s in essence a legendary weapon so to say, even my own pair of swords are but a were child’s play of a weapon compared to this beautiful thing” I said boasting a little admittedly, the design is in my opinion really cool, and it has a few functions on it as well.

“Could I try to pull it?” She asked, sounding excited.

“Yeah sure why not?” I replied with a smile and handed her the bow, which is immediately followed by her struggling to hold it up to use.

“H-How heavy is this thing?” She asked as she tried to get a good position with such a heavy bow.

“Eh, 20 kilogram give or take” I casually said as she sounded genuinely terrified at its weight. It’s a pretty big bow with a big decoration on it so I thought that was a little bit expected.

“T-Twenty?” She repeated sounding the answer in disbelief.

“Yeah. It’s really not that much for me… actually I’ll hold it for you, try to pull the bowstring” I continue to say rather casually, holding the bow nonchalantly while letting her pull the bowstring.

“Hrnggg” She let out a sound in struggle as she can barely budged the bowstring that I managed to draw without any trouble.

“Welp, you’re clearly not good enough for this bow yet that’s for sure” I commented as I pulled my bow away and into my space.

“What in the world is that bow made out of?” Yumi commented after experiencing a very difficult weapon.

“Eh, just sort of a form of magic metal and such, and genuine gold I believe… what else… some crystals as well” I recounted the thing the blacksmith said to me vaguely after finishing creating the bow, with my look also in disbelief back then but nowhere near the same level as Yumi right now.

“I… Well I’ll go back to the teacher right now, I’ll talk to you later” She awkwardly said as she went back to the archer adventurer.

Already a few shenanigans afoot that’s not really about the Demon Lord, not counting the whole deal with Floria and all that… of course, seeing as how I’m not needed at the moment, I’ll go see her soon...

7