Book 3: Chapter 14: Rose: The Poison Rose and the Princess
153 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though we do have a plan for a rather grand interaction in a month, there certainly isn’t much to do in between that we exactly arranged, so Maova improvised and became a mentor for the otherworlders to stay off radar, not sure how well that’ll go. I’m just here in the hallway of the castle, it’s rather bright and blinging like a great deal of gold has been used to decorate the place, hopefully the people designing this place didn’t exactly do so, just even thinking about something so overly ridiculous just makes me cringe. All of that aside I am doing fine at the moment, of course I don’t have any aim at the moment.

“Ah! Hero!” Someone called out to me as I continued to walk in this fancy hallway. I turn around to see the girl who called out to me, the princess who seems to fancied me, realizing it or not.

“How is it my dear princess? What do you inquire of me?” I asked walking over to her as she did with me. I know it’s rather wrong to seek out more than one partner, but my desire to try such a thing is just a bit too much for me to contain, I’m glad that Maova approved of it, if a bit concerned at how easily she brushed such a suggestion off. The princess herself looked a bit shy, it makes her cuter and certainly different kind of attractive from Maova. 

“It’s nothing… I’m simply greeting you with courtesy is all. I hope I wasn’t distracting you from something” She replied honestly. She has such an innocent face it’s extremely jarring with what I have seen so far, it always feels like everyone has at least multiple layers of faces to protect themselves, yet this girl is… defenseless, for all I know I could manipulate her into doing something depraved probably rather easily, maybe with my inclination for such magic as well will make the whole thing even easier, but I have no particular interest in actually forcefully do so, I’d rather not take it all too quickly with a clear time frame I can work with.

Within two days I have to meet up with that woman from another world. According to Maova she said she believed that woman isn’t as physically strong as us most likely, but probably very skilled and observant, she would be quite troublesome to keep quiet and most likely able to figure us out if we make even one wrong move, unfortunately I can tell she’s not exactly exaggerating. Well for now I should respond to the princess in front of me.

“Not at all Your Highness. Your elegance wasn’t of any concern” I replied. She looked rather happy or at least relieved at my comment. It’s a bit concerning that a royalty is acting this way, in contrast to the condescending yet appropriately regal act of the king, I am aware of a prince somewhere who might act more appropriate for his position, which might be why she isn’t taken care of and disciplined as well, the princesses doesn’t have much to live up to in comparison, at least as far as I’m aware.

“Ah, that’s good” She replied in a few words. It doesn't look like this conversation will go anywhere really, so perhaps I should try to take initiative and either stop this right now or… 

“Princess. I’m sure us standing here not saying anything would be a rather less than elegant sight to see. Let us go elsewhere shall we?” I invited her to come with me, better go elsewhere instead of standing around causing suspicion. Either my room or her room. Not my room with Maova of course, I can’t teleport anyway, it would be convenient but Maova would be busy right about now and even then we probably can’t find many opportunities to train in secret, at least without Kaa-san’s help at any rate… Actually she might be able to help with that, but I need Maova to help with that, so not now.

“That would indeed be wise, how about my room then? We can talk a bit more I’m sure” She cutely suggested with sincerity. I feel like taking her from them might be doing both sides a favor, all things considered. Usually such kindness would be exploited, and I have no intention of exploiting that unlike people who might oppose the royal family for one reason or another, so taking her off their hands might be good for them as well.

“If you insist” I replied serenely and walked over with her after she nodded at me with a satisfied smile. I guess progression with her will in fact be extremely quick.

 

#####

 

This room is quite cute with pink design all over it, rather fancy and bright, unlike the very serene and peaceful atmosphere of our room with its natural if modest feels.

My heart is racing somewhat, compared to what I felt with Maova it’s definitely a step down, but even so I very much believe this is due to a genuine feeling of mine, to take this girl as my own. A very disturbing mind I have since back then, one I couldn’t fully comprehend, and now I will relish it for all it’s worth. Maova makes it look like nothing to simply take someone away from their life, I can do the same that much I’ll prove, and I’ll make sure I’ll enjoy my price.

“Well decorated Your Highness” I commented. While technically speaking I could kidnap this girl and force myself onto her, as seen with that small oni or whatever she’s called it’s not as if forcing that person will make the experience more enjoyable, it’s simply a different kind of taste. Not to mention I would be in some suspicion most likely even with my status, and what would be even more interesting is to see how she’ll react to my reveal, I’ll see if her heart will be mine when the time comes, regardless I’ll feast on her all the same.

‘You are way more of a demon than me…’ That’s what Maova said wasn’t it? While not all demons would be evil, such a twisted mindset most likely encapsulated them better than humans, so I might truly be the most demon of them all. I’m not certain why I’m so inherently twisted if outright evil, but if I can relish it in a way humans shouldn’t, then becoming a demon is certainly the best thing that could’ve ever happened to me.

“Thank you, I’m glad you don’t think of it as a bit too much” She replied as she sat down on her bed, not looking like she’s completely sure what to do next… What should I ask her then?

“I can’t possibly disagree on this front, but let’s disregard that discussion. Princess, is there anything else you wish to ask of me?” That shall be my first question, as if I were to ask anything of her first it would be suspicious.

“Well miss Hero... I wonder if there’s anything you could share with me… anything interesting…” It’s a bit bothersome that she called me that, I should address that along with her question.

“First of Your Highness, I have a name. Hero is but a title, it’s not what I would prefer to be called, my dearest friend called me by my name for an example. Call me Rosia Your Highness, I have no need for such a grandiose title” I asked her and waited for her reply. She seems a bit undecided and stays that way for quite some time.

“Okay… If that’s what you want… Um… Rosia…” She nervously replied trying to have the courage to say my name. Considering my ‘fame’ and all that it has to be expected. 

“Thank you” I replied simply. I walked over to her and stood there to see what else she had to say.

“So… Anything interesting to share?” She asked with anticipation, is she perhaps a sheltered kid? Seems likely considering how far removed people on the higher social status are, but what should I talk about to keep her interest? I haven’t actually done that much… 

“Well how about a bit of my adventure with my companion? It’s not that interesting but I’m sure there’s something to take away from it” I suggested even though I don’t think most of them could be shared without giving something away… Well I’ll improvise somehow.

“That’ll be great to hear” She replied with a smile. 

“Okay then… There’s this one time both of us go to an isolated village together… it was a nice and quiet place with few people about, they all live their lives peacefully. Maova, my companion, is acquainted with a few of them, so she invited me to go visit them and their little kids, and the thing about them is that they are a bunch of rascals who go do adventure of their own, it’s tedious for their parents to go get them so we help, it was a bit of chore but we eventually found them… because my companion have a bright idea to lit up the place and attract everyone there. It was ridiculous but it worked, just goes to show that sometimes the most ridiculous of plans work” I recount the time we walked in the forest to find those girls. It was an okay time I have to say, if the fact that my sister and her partner has to take a break every now and then.

“Lit up the place? Isn’t that kind of dangerous?” She asked, sounding a bit curious and concerned.

“Oh it’s not fire, it’s a lightning show she made. She’s a mage so her ability to perform such a trick is good enough to attract attention” I answered her question. I am downplaying and omitting details of the event but nothing I said is false, nor does she need to know that much.

“I see” She replied, not really sure what to say to that, perhaps I should stir the conversation in a different direction… I wonder if I can sit down next to her. I wonder if there’s any visual cues I could make to… Making my legs a bit shaky, a bit of a tired face.

“Oh! Rosia please there’s no need to stand up for so long, you can sit along with me, it’s alright” The girl quickly reacted to the obvious cues. How easy. 

“Thank you Your Highness” I replied with serenity and sat down close to her. She looked a bit nervous, fidgeting slightly and being all around shy.

“Are you alright? Am I being a bit too close? Am I being uncomfortable?” I asked her, tilting my head in her direction. 

“Not at all! I’m sorry. I was simply never too experienced with people being so up close, my family probably doesn’t expect me to do so unless it’s with my partner” She explained herself. Now that’s what I thought was the case, good to see I wasn’t wrong… Now what could I say to her…

“It’s fine Your Highness, I can be awkward around others myself admittedly, you’ll get better I’m sure” I said a bit teasingly, having only one person by my side I could show a bit more emotion without feeling uncomfortable.

“Really? You always seem so composed around others…” She commented in wonder. 

“I’m just good at hiding my emotions is all… many lifetimes will do that to you, please understand” I replied looking for some sympathy or ‘understanding’.

“R-Right, you’re different from us after all” She responded sounding sympathetic, while remembering the last life is in fact true, that doesn’t mean I’m the Hero, I lied to her still, and while the memories of those struggles are painful, I doubt it’s as bad as the real hero go through, if they even want to remember.

“Different… Yes that is indeed the right word” I responded making my voice sound a bit pained.

“N-No! I don’t mean anything bad by that I can assure you!” She panicked at the sight of her hero looking so down, way too easy.

“It’s alright, being in such a position such a comment is expected, I’m used to it” I replied, not sounding that convincing.

“No need to hide it! I’m really sorry!” She replied in her usual cute voice. This type of attractiveness is certainly hard to not be affected by in some capacity, still she doesn’t-or rather can’t-compared to Maova, that is an impossibility I’m fine with, I don’t think I could truly love anyone else besides her. Still that doesn’t mean I didn’t desire this girl here for her attractive points. 

“No no it’s fine. Let us leave this topic behind and talk about something else” I said hoping to move away from this. I think there’s better things to talk about that I’ll feel more comfortable about.

“Are you sure?” She asked, sounding very much oblivious and uncertain, as well as a little worried, she’s certainly a considerate person if nothing else.

“Of course Your Highness, why dwell on something like that? It’s not good for anybody” I replied sounding very certain in contrast.

“O-Okay” She replied shyly. Of course now I should think of something to say, one for ideas I very much am not. I just talked about the time we go find those rascals… now what else could we walk about? Or maybe I could talk about the… should I? No that’s not appropriate considering I just said to not look into it… Perhaps I could talk about the bear, that should be fine.

“Well there is one time I fought a bear alone” I said to gain her interest and to finally change the topic. 

“A bear? It is a big scary animal?” She asked, sounding somewhat interested.

“Yeah, it has fur and a really big brown body, its body is tough and it hunts all kinds of food” I replied. 

“How scary is it?” She asked using rather childish words.

“I would say it’s a bit intimidating, but in comparison to the Demon Lord it doesn’t even come close” I answered, though in all fairness to the creature at the time it was definitely the most terrifying thing I’ve seen.

“So you beat it easily right?” She came up with a guess.

“I certainly beat it, but it wasn’t that easy. Princess you have to know that everyone starts off weak, including myself. At the time I was nowhere the same level as I am now, so back then the creature did give me some trouble, still I of course came out victorious. It is a wild animal after all, its ferocious attacks while intimidating are not very coordinated or masterful” I responded. She nodded her head and made a humming sound.

“Okay…” She replied in a single word, seems my explanation wasn’t worth that much. Still trying to describe anything would be a struggle as I have to omit a good deal of details that would just end up making her unimpress… I just have to talk about something that is not about myself, perhaps I have to ask her now instead of another way around.

“What about you, Your Highness? Being slightly intrusive on myself, how about I get to know you a little better?” I said teasingly if slightly deadpanned. She reacted by fidgeting a bit and continued to look somewhat nervous.

“My apologies, guess I overstep my boundaries” I immediately began guilt tripping her, which she very much does not see through.

“I-It’s not like that, it's fine!” She replied, stuttering and panicking. So far despite her regal attitude seen for quite some time she certainly got that facade pulled off almost immediately. A bit of a sudden change in behavior if a welcomed one on my end. 

“Really?” I responded. I didn’t put much effort into emoting so far yet it all seems to work out nicely, including just now.

“Y-Yes! How about I tell you a bit about my family!” She suggested on the fly.

“That would be wonderful to hear!” I replied with a small smile. It’s a bit of a chore to emote even a little when I’m deceiving someone, but I’m this far in so there’s no point in stopping now, I doubt even she won’t pick that up.

“Okay okay… Well my father is of course the king, my mother is… she’s not here…” She suddenly looked sad. I guess her mother is dead. I should make my first one the same as well one day or another.

“You’ll be fine I’m sure. Please continue” I asked her to continue while reassuring her. She smiles back at me.

“Thank you dear hero… I have an older brother as well. He’s honestly a bit of a stuck up, I mean he’s a good man that much I’m sure, but I feel like… we didn’t hang out a lot” Well from the looks of it her family situation isn’t looking too good. It’s thanks to a rather bad family relation that makes Yuuna coming to our side to take zero effort, so if her relation is also bad then the chance of her coming with me will be quite high.

“That is certainly troubling Your Highness. It doesn’t seem like a relation with your family is well” I replied as if sounding my concern.

“O-Oh it’s not all bad, I do have a personal maid who takes care of me at least” She responded trying to keep up a smile. Her smiles so far here are not graceful, but certainly more genuine.

*Knock* *Knock*

“Ah! I think she’s here!” She said with excitement. Guess it’s the case of a package this time, I wonder who is more loyal to who…

The princess walked over to her door and opened it.

“Princess, who is with you?... Ah! The Hero! My apologies for interrupting” The girl who said so is certainly a maid. Her costume is very nice, certainly can be quite arousing. Her hair is grey with dark brown eyes, short yet well kept hair, and nice and smooth light skin.

“Not bad” I said out loud, which confused the two who looked back at me.

“Huh?” The maid let out a sound in confusion, as well as looking rather nervous.

“It’s nothing. I do not mind you coming here, in fact I wouldn’t mind knowing a bit about you” I said directing at the maid.

“You’re too kind” She replied, still very much nervous.

“She’s the Hero after all” The princess replied with a small smile.

“Certainly… Ah, my apologies, princess your father was asking for your presence” She said sounding a bit concerned.

“Oh… My apologies Rosia, guess we have to talk at a later time” She said sounding a bit sad.

“It’s fine” I replied standing up ready to leave.

“Let’s see each other later okay?” She replied this time with a bit of a noble look.

“Of course” I replied.

Both the princess and I walked out of her room and then walked through the hallway, but separately, so then I have to deal with her and her maid at a later time. Aside from this I need to make sure none of this would possibly leaked out, and anyone trying to oppose me shall be disposed of, unless Maova say otherwise of course… 

6