Book 3: Chapter 31: Majo: Sleepy
114 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…Yeah I’m out of commission for a while. That was both expected and unexpected, I’m not even sure why we let each other go in the first place. She could’ve easily killed me if she didn’t approach me so boldly, and she shows some opening that I could’ve used to end it, though I might’ve done fatal damage to myself as well.

So what’s the deal between us again? Seems to be the case of don’t mingle in each other’s business and all that. I’m just trying to recover at this point. My body is so freaking numb I really could use a healer right now… Wait, I am a healer, but then again using a healing spell on yourself might cause some weird side effects when heavily wounded or injured, in fact that’s true with most body changing spells and being critically injured, I’d rather not risk that and just recover a bit more normally.

“Haaaah…” I let out a long sigh. Can’t believe all of that just happened within a day, it’s all a bit sudden honestly… I just used my finishing move, my trump card and signature attack, and didn't kill the opponent. I really don’t have much else in store that could possibly be as deadly, so really I cannot fight her a second time and expect myself to win, or at least without going further beyond.

Honestly I didn’t even think that’s everything she has to offer… In fact I feel like both of us kinda didn’t give it out all in some way, it’s all hard to explain really…

…Being stuck here recovering really doesn’t give me much to do. I’m still a bit concerned over how the rest of my friends are doing and if Maova and Rosia will try anything after this… Seems I have stepped a bit too far into this mess compared to the last, if I haven’t then perhaps I would’ve been up and about, but we cannot change something that already happened unfortunately…

...What time is this? I feel like I have been dozing off for a while not looking through the-

*Knock* *Knock*

Who just knocks at the door? I’m not exactly in the best shape at the moment so I’d like to not risk moving about… I was feeling very sleepy and someone just had to-

*Knock* *Knock*

…Maybe they’ll stop if I keep ignoring them…

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

This is getting annoying, maybe I can force myself to go check who is visiting me… Urg… This is gonna be difficult with how broken my body is… I can endure it, it’s not that hard…

Hm? Are there commotions outside? I think I can hear something, an argument? Maybe someone shouting there, that’s certainly not what I want outside of my room. Maybe someone was knocking on it in the chaos?

*Open*

As I opened the door still heavily tired and injured, I can see a few girls outside all looking at me in surprise, with the one in front of me someone I know full well.

“R-Reiza! What happened to you!” Clara said sounding concerned, seems even horrified. Looks like even if there are no clear visible injuries the fact that I was just a foot in a grave not long ago was pretty clear.

“Noting too bad… What’s with the ruckus?” It was a bold face lie but I said it anyway. There are a few girls surrounding her and I think I sorta understand what is going on.

“None of your business whoever you are!” One of the girl shouted out looking defiant, isn’t that lovely. 

“Are you sure about that?” I look at her saying that with my brows twitching and face looking a bit strained no doubt. She flinched a bit hearing my response. I’m barely able to move at this point but it seems I still intimidate her somehow, is she just that wimpy or am I a bit more menacing than I thought?

No one dared to say anything as I looked around and it became obviously clear what’s happening, guess she’s being smart and took the chance for me to intervene and save her. I would say it feels like she’s trying to exploit my kindness but I honestly have no idea if she’s that kind of person or not, could be a flight or fight response.

“Anyhow are you girls done fighting outside of someone’s room? Isn’t it kinda rude?” I said casually with a straight face, not really sure how to deal with these girls just yet, probably will depends on what their next move will be.

“Just a lady on her deathbed, just ignore her!” A girl said looking like she’s the leader of this crusade or something. Now the girl continues to confront and antagonize Clara it seems, can’t have that.

*Grab* *Lift*

“I suggest you don’t” I said in a bored tone as I stepped towards her and grabbed her by her neck and lifted her up. I may be heavily injured and not in the best condition but I could easily crush a normal girl’s neck in an instant if I have to.

Everyone else is looking at this scene with horror. Unable to speak and a few shaking. Clara seems horrified as well seeing the little thing I did.

This girl particularly is trying her hardest to free herself but the strength she puts in is like that of a fly, don’t matter in the slightest.

“Stop!” Clara yelled out in a fit of courage and kindness. She’s certainly like a heroine with how she conduct herself, and I’m not rude enough to not honor a request of one.

“Fine” I replied, sounding tired still. I dropped the girl down and let her hit the cold hard floor, looking humiliated all the way.

I turn to look at the other girls who are completely frightened, an understandable reaction. Clara meanwhile less so, if still clearly uneasy.

“Are any of you dared to continue?” I asked in a threatening tone, looking at the girls dared to harass Clara. Some of them shake their head, and some immediately run away.

“T-Thank you” Clara said quietly walking over to my side. I’m glad she’s fine, and that this isn’t a big problem, I’m at way less than my best and probably will take a while to heal up so if it’s anything dangerous I can’t deal with it at this point.

“No problem… Let’s go back into my room for now, we should both have some rest” I said as I opened the door into my room while going in with Clara, closing and locking the door once we go in of course.

I quickly go back to bed, laying on it really wanting a good rest… Well Clara is also here, should do something about her.

“Well… Hopefully you don’t have class after this, things might escalate if you meet with them again” I commented, not really sure what to say so I said that out loud.

“W-Well, there isn’t any thankfully… Reiza, what happened to you?” Clara replied, and then asked me, looking very concerned.

“Just got in a fight… It’s a mutual defeat I would say. No need to worry it just got a bit out of hand is all” I said casually trying to not worry her. It’s not life threatening, just need some rest, maybe a bit of healing spell would help.

“How did that happen?” She asked, sounding concerned still.

“Eh, I tired to go into uncharted territory and get into trouble for it, if you think it will happen to you then it probably wouldn’t” I replied in a bored and tired tone.

“I-Is there anything I can do?” She asked, sounding plenty eager help out. I did just consider someone else dealing with healing me instead of doing it myself. I’m pretty sure this girl does know some healing so she could do that if she wants to help.

“Maybe trying to heal me a bit? I mainly just need some rest but a healing spell would help a bit” I said, I think I’m beginning to doze off. I really am going to just sleep for the rest of the day after this aren’t I.

“I-I’ll try!” She said nervously as she held her arm out towards me no doubt ready for a chant… She’s a bit nervous trying to come up with an incantation no doubt.

“[The power resides within… Manifest and save my savior from harm]!” She chanted out.

I could feel the pain and exhaustion in my body lessened a little, not a lot but certainly noticeable.

“That helped. Thanks” I replied feeling like dozing off. I feel a bit incoherent, am I thinking strange right now? Hopefully not… Not with an innocent girl nearby...

“S-Should I do it mo-”

“Not now… Actually I’m feeling a bit thirsty… I don’t think there’s any water around here?” I cut her off feeling a bit delirious. My throat feels a bit dry and I think I could drink my problem away right now I could… Wait I am thinking about water not alcohol...

“N-No” She replied quietly looking around the room.

“That’s fine… Actually I have this drink by my arm hanging down the bed here” I said while pulling a drink out of my inventory. I’m not even sure what did I pulled out.

*Chug*

I lean my body up a bit and take a large gulp of it. It’s strong and a bit bitter… Wait is this alcohol? Whatever…

“Okay… Should I heal you a-”

“No need for that, I need some sleep is all, why don’t you join?” I cut her off, I don’t think we need more words here, let’s just get some sleep. I feel like maybe I don’t need my shirt right now for sleeping.

“Come here~” I said with a yawn. Did I already take my shirt off? She’s looking a bit red there unsure of what just happened.

“U-Um…” She’s let out a nervous voice while walking over to me.

*Grab* *Pull*

“Wha!?” She let out a cute scream as I pulled her into the bed as well. I think I could have her around as a body pillow… would be nice to have one while recovering from that encounter.

“R-Reiza?” Clara called out sounding very nervous.

“It’ll be fine, just relax along with me, if everything is already dealt with how about we both sleep together for a day?” I said really not feeling all too well, I don’t think I can tolerate a drawn out conversation.

“B-B-B-”

“Also I’m pretty sure no one sleep with a school uniform on. How about I take it off for you?” I interrupted her and began unbuttoning her uniform. She could really do without here on my bed.

Her face is extremely red I must say, as for me I do feel a bit hot as well as sleepy. Just came off already you stupid uniform!... There we go…

*Hug*

“Finally!” I said in relief as I hugged the girl. Is she struggling or was that just me?... Well I think it’s time for sleep.

*Yawn*

“You’re so nice and soft” I commented feeling her body.

“P-Please… Don’t do anything” Clara said, sounding rather desperate.

“I’m not doing anything funny” I calmly replied. Just want to feel and hug my body pillow, what’s wrong with that?

“Haaa…” She has a pretty heavy sigh there, sounding a tad weird… Well probably nothing concerning.

“Good night Clara” I said ready to fall asleep any minute now…

I’m… Really sleepy right now… Yeah… Just go to sleep me…

 

#####

 

Ah… She’s so warm and nice to touch… Wait… who am I talking about again? What time is this? I did fall asleep right? Why is there a girl in my arms… I think I accidentally got drunk or something along those lines. Well that was a bit awkward, to put it very lightly.

Seems I make a full recovery with that sleep, good thing higher levels mean faster recovery time otherwise it’ll be so long until I get better. Clara’s healing also helps.

Speaking of Clara she’s sleeping in my embrace all cute. I think I should wake her up but how exactly? I feel like I should do this in a very gentle way… Just slowly but surely remove her from my embrace and then get out of the bed.

…Both her and I don’t have our clothes on, did I do something inappropriate last night? I’m not even sure. There’s her uniform right there on the ground, looks rather messy in how it’s placed, like it’s been forcibly taken out… 

I feel like there’s an unfortunate implication here… Hopefully Clara can clear things up once she wakes up. It'll really suck if I ended up using ‘that’ and… Actually checking if I use it or not is pretty easy, just need to…

*Peak*

Yeah I didn’t, her skirt and undergarments would probably be messy and wet if I actually went and used it… I cannot imagine how traumatized she would be if I did end up using it… Thinking about it again I feel like just having this spell on me is a mark of indecency… 

‘It’s a weird ass spell I know that, and even weirder than you wanted it... Hey I don’t care if you’re a bit of a degenerate, I feel like everyone is on some level honestly. Otherwise I wouldn’t have come up with this spell in the first place! Well that and love of course. Hahaha!’ That’s what she said with a straight face and laughing all the while. It’s like a mark of shame almost just knowing this spell that sounds cursed for some no doubt.

Well now how should I wake her up? Maybe a… Yeah a pat on the head might work.

*Pat*

“Get up already Clara. Claraaa~” I said while patting her head. Hopefully she’ll respond.

“U-Uguu… Huh?... Reiza. You’re awake?” She mumbled and asked me still sounding sleepy. She looks at me shyly.

“Yep… Nothing weird happened just then right?” I asked, sounding slightly ashamed, even the best case scenario isn’t all that great.

“N-No! You just have me take my clothes off is all!” She suddenly said frantically. I don’t think that clarifies much when it’s so darn clear that’s one of the things that happened.

“I mean something a bit more specific” I said, keeping my cool. She seems to be unable to come up with an answer for some reason.

“It’s just a hug… that’s it…” She said with her face getting redder. Was that really it? Is her face red because she’s just generally shy around others or is it because something else happened? This is really concerning that she doesn’t say it without hesitation.

“Please just be real with me” I said, really wanting this conversation to be over and moving on.

“That’s. Really. It! It was also nice okay!?” She shouted out with all her might. She must be really flustered and snapped. Along with extra information that I don’t need, not that I find it uncomfortable of course. If she’s fine with it that actually puts some weight off my chest.

“Whew! Good to hear it was nothing bad” I said with a sigh of relief. It’s a new day and I would like to go do something else now that I recovered.

“Y-Yeah” Meanwhile Clara is still a bit flustered after what is not that bad of an incident. Honestly I’m not even sure why her deal is here. Is she falling for me? Is she just generally that shy? What is up with her exactly? I feel like she’s a bit too much of a nervous and modest girl to answer, and that’s a bit inconvenient. It’s cute but definitely makes it harder to pinpoint her when almost everything she says has a bit of hesitation or depreciation.

“Well. It was a good sleep I must say. How about we both put this behind us for now and go on our days for the time being?” I said with a smile to give her some reassurance.

“O-Okay…” She replied, still sounding a bit hesitant as always.

*Pat*

“You should try to break that level of hesitation with everything okay? It’s not good for you” I said while patting her head. At this point I already put my clothes back on, while she doesn’t.

I handed her back her uniform which she takes back silently. Hopefully we both didn’t oversleep… No we didn’t, thank goodness.

Now what could I say to get rid of these awkward airs? I still just invited her into my bed and hugged her, going against her personal space...

“Just so you know Clara. What I did was simply due to a whim under heavy delusion, and I am sorry for that… However if you want to do it again, if that’s what you desired, then you have no need to fear” I said with a reassuring smile. Perhaps a bit of a shameless thing to say, but it’s nothing too shameless.

“R-Really?” She asked while trying to put her uniform back on, looking and sounding bewildered.

“Of course! I’m always open to getting a bit comfortable with another girl” I said with a gentle smile, hoping to clear away the doubt in her mind regarding my statement.

“If you say so… I’ll… I’ll be going now!” Before she said what I think she was going to say she already left in a huff. Well I should’ve expected that.

“Haaaah…” I let out a sigh. What day is this again? The fifth day if I remember correctly since we were summoned here. About twenty five days left and already so many things happened. There’s many things I have to consider and deal with, and hopefully I can deal with the more dangerous problem, for the sake of my friends and those I bonded with since I came here. There are many dangers about, but it’s something I naturally have to met with these goals in mind.

4