Book 3: Chapter 35: Rose | Bell: Tree of Creation and Trials
125 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Rosia Zana———

 

The inside is also extremely massive, however this first floor alone is just extremely big on its own and full of enemies as well. The enemies are very much the same as the ones outside, being the golems that are rather humanoid and durable enough to not get destroyed in a single hit, rather troublesome considering the high enemy count. Thankfully there aren’t any obstacles in the way that we have to deal with, just more enemies. 

“I’ll be going in” Belphi said as she readied her sword. I guess I’ll check her back like last time, making sure nothing gets a jump on her.

**Dash**

We both immediately went in and ready to repeat the battle we just did.

 

#####

 

“Phew!” Belphi let out a sigh of relief as every enemy on this floor has been dealt with. That wasn’t all that interesting since we literally just fought the same group just a few minutes ago. Of course it’s not exactly a breeze but nothing has gone wrong just yet.

“Doing alright there?” I asked her dismissively as I looked at the path towards the upper floor.

“Yeah… I’m better” She said as she takes another deep breath. The fact that just the first of how many floors this place will be and I can only imagine it getting harder from here. It’s a brutal training as in being thrown into a flock of monsters with no clear direction.

“Good. Let’s keep going” I said as I took the lead this time around, just in case something she can’t handle easily and in high numbers show up.

Walking up this wood path and to the new floor, will we immediately get ambushed or will we actually have a breathing room?

*Hiss* *Boom*

The answer is no it seems. That doesn’t do that much damage but definitely a concern. As I finally see the sight of the second floor do I now know what I’m dealing with.

“What did you get hit by?” Belphi asked as she was still behind me on the slope between floors still. Looks like aside from that one nothing else hits me, is that some sort of joke?

“Some sort of flying golem self destructing, and this place is a nightmare for sure” I said as I looked at the massive room that is the second floor. What kind of a stupid home is this? All of these pillars for one to jump on up onto the next level. This is more of an obstacle course than a room isn’t it? I mean I could’ve flown through it but with so many enemies about that's not a good idea, the fact that Belphi most likely can’t fly doesn’t help either.

“Sounds annoying if nothing else” Belphi said as she finished walking up the path to see the obstacles in front of us. Not only are there the pillars but also the golems flying through the air, and they’re on standby at the moment which is merciful of Kaa-san I must say. 

The golems are made of green stones with four detached limbs around it, looks like they can shoot something out with those. There are also the purple-gray colored golems that look like crows, they patrol the area instead of floating on standby like the green golems, although I don’t think either will just fly around if we take another step.

“What’s the plan here?” Belphi asked as both she and I are stiff still knowing how likely it is to alert them just by moving another step.

“We need to quickly jump up and destroy anything in the way obviously… However with the enemies being airborne and no doubt with projectiles involved we need to clear out the enemies first” I said as I continued to observe the situation. This is not a clear cut battle as the one downstairs unfortunately.

“Seems the best choice is to destroy any in the way first correct?... The problem is that there are so many here” Belphi followed up. Indeed there are a huge number of these artificial creatures that are at least a few times more than the number of enemies downstairs. If this means anything it means I’ll have to step in as well, I have to get really involved.

*Flap*

“Guess I’ll have to deal with this as well” I said as I manifested my demonic wings. Belphi looks taken aback for a second before quickly recomposing herself.

“Very well then. Guess you’ll be in charge of clearing my way?” Belphi asked to fully understand the plan.

“I probably can’t cover you completely so remember that” I said to her as I readied myself.

“Figures” She replied as she also took her stance ready to move out.

“Well then… My move first” I said as I tensed up. This next move shall be the beginning of this struggle.

*Flap* *Fly*

 

———Belphi———

 

She flies up high and immediately catches the attention of the golems patrolling. Many of them with their eyes locking to her ready to take out the incoming airborne intruder. I need to make my own move as well, as I have to go up these pillars.

*Leap* *Land*

Unfortunately just on the first of many extremely tall pillars there are a group of golems that came after me instead. Unfortunately Rosia cannot grab the attention of all of them.

*Slash* *Blast* *Slash*

She’s cutting them down by the dozens and yet they keep coming. I have to deal with this group by myself.

*Shoot* *Evade* *Shoot* *Jump* *Shoot* *Block*

They don’t give me much room to breath, they’re already shooting their light arrows at me, regardless of how or where I dodged. They have extreme focus on me that makes it hard to dodge them all, especially with so many of them around.

*Detach* *Swing* *Clank* *Slash* *Boom*

I managed to take out some with that. It seems these are overall less durable than the ones on the first floor… Too bad their numbers means it doesn’t matter much.

*Shoot* *Leap*

Some of them tried to shoot me but I jumped to the next pillar higher up instead, almost landing on it!

*Shoot* *Block* *Land*

They were anticipating me there, thankfully I can block that attack, if only losing my balance there a bit, that landing was not very graceful. 

*Shoot*

Too many incoming shots to count at the same time. Now how should I go about this? Every attack coming in my directions...

“[Blossoming of Light]!” I chanted-

*Shine*

As my surroundings are filled with many flowers of lights. It’s a pretty spell but not exactly harmless.

*Block*

Each one of the incoming beams of light is blocked by the surrounding flowers. That takes a bit out of me but it’s alright, I can do more than just that.

*Leap* *Land*

Third pillars, how many are left again? About six or seven? I could probably jump up two or three levels if it weren’t for the dangers in the way.

*Glide* *Slash*

As I contemplated my options guess who came swooping in with many foes following her around. Rosia did a good job there of destroying a few of them blocking my way.

*Leap* *Land*

Six left. Now what is there for me to deal with?

*Glide* *Swing* *Crack*

A crow-like golem swooping in to strike me. That almost pushed me off if I didn’t retaliate, that was close.

*Shoot*

And now the golems nearby are shooting at me, as if I’ll let them get a hit in.

*Leap*

Since they’re all aiming at me for being on that pillar I’ll just jump to the next one. 

*Glide* *Tackle*

“Arg!” One of the crow one just hit me right in the chest! I think I might’ve bled out a little bit…

 

———Rosia Zana———

 

These things are really getting on my nerves…

*Shine* *Slash* *Blast* 

I did indeed just use a good deal of my power to blast at all the incoming golems. This stage is certainly frustrating, no doubt if Maova were to be here she would proclaim out loud how ‘Just like I expected Kaa-san to do’ but I’m not in the mood to say that for her.

Where is Belphi at?... Oh no.

*Glide* *Slash* *Catch*

I strike at the golem ramming into her and catching her. That was way too-

*Charge*

Damn. These golems won’t let me take a break as well. Seems like I really have to try somewhat hard to get away.

*Shoot *Shine* *Block* 

I projected a barrier of light to block all incoming attacks. They keep coming but I managed to hold it out long enough for it to stop.

*Shine*

My sword is covered in light and increases in size by multiple fold, let’s see if I can destroy these things surrounding before they could charge up again.

*Slash*

A swing and many of them were destroyed.

*Slash*

Another swing and another good dozen are gone.

*Slash*

And another.

*Swing* *Boom*

And a last swing that shoots out the light and blasts at the horde of golems. Clearing the way for me to continue to the next floor.

*Fly* *Shoot* *Shine* *Block*

They all continue to shoot at me still but I have my barrier up in time. Now I have to deal with Belphi’s state as well, she’s bleeding out.

*Land*

Did I manage to get away? This is the third floor and thankfully no enemy in sight just yet. 

Looking down the hole that makes one fall to the second floor and the golems do indeed stop pursuing me. That was actually challenging. Those enemies are a bit frailer than the first floor’s golems by a bit, but offensively speaking combining with their mobility makes them far more dangerous.

“Ugh…” Right, I need to heal Belphi as well…

[High Heal]

“Uff-! Ugh!” Belphi flinched and jerked around somewhat, but her wounds are healing faster than much is certain. What even is on this floor anyway? I should scout ahead while she’s recovering.

...Walking down this weirdly ordinary corridor and-

*Swing* *Evade*

Nevermind, there was a contraption that ejected a blade that swung around and could possibly slice someone in half. Is this particular floor just that of an excessive amount of lethal traps? If it is then I don’t want to deal with it.

If this is all there is to it then I’ll just skip it with Belphi in hand. Better do that now and get on to the next floor, there’s the stairs to the next floor just on the other side of the corridor. If I can see it clearly enough and with how far away it is from here then I should be able to teleport to that precise location, skipping the annoying traps in the process. Time to go back to Belphi and see how she’s doing.

 

———Belphi———

 

My chest hurts… At least I’m alive… Just a single attack and I’m incapacitated, I’m not sure if it’s due to the enemies here being overly brutal or me making a bad decision… might be both… Well it’s a shame that I didn’t get to go up there myself… Yeah this is the third floor I just peak at the hole below.

“Ah, you’re up” Rosia said as she walked back to me after leaving here for some reason. Perhaps she’s looking around?

“Find anything?” I asked with that presumption in mind.

“A room full of traps and no action. We’ll just skip through” She said dismissively, as she turned around and walked back to where she came from. Seems I’m supposed to follow her.

...Soon we’re facing the corridor that seems to lead to the next floor, and I don’t see anything dangerous so far but that in itself is sketchy.

*Grab* *Zoom*

Rosia just suddenly grabbed me and we both teleported to the other side. That was extremely sudden.

“I’ll look ahead again” She said as she took her sword out and walked up the stairs with me tailing her behind. To the fourth floor we go.

 

———Rosia Zana———

 

A single knight? Their armor looks like that of a righteous hero. White metal armor… No. This is obviously no mere knight, it’s a golem isn’t it? I doubt it’s actually a living being… Can I perhaps check?

[Apprasial] 

 

Name: The Holy Crusader Armor

Gender: 

Age: 396

Race: Golem

 

Level: 600

HP: 200,000/200,000

MP: 20,000/20,000

Strength: 5,000

Magical Prowess: 5,000

Dexterity: 5,500

Agility: 5,500

Luck: 0

Vitality: 7,000

Magical Resistance: 20,000

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: S

 

Special Trait: [Auto-Reconnect]

 

What the hell are these stats? They’re all extremely high, especially that magical resistance. I could take it one-on-one no doubt, I have trained a lot and ready for anything, but it’s definitely not something Belphi can take on alone.

That obscene magical resistance means no magic will work here, it’s purely sword fight it seems. I don’t think I can pull any cheap and powerful spell here and expect it to work.

It’s still on standby as the blue light seeping out of the gaps in the helmet and joints shines through, just where did Kaa-san do to obtain something of this level? In its hand and planting on the ground is a giant silver sword with blue lines on it, no doubt it’s something with an insane level of quality just like every weapon she has handed out to us.

“Are we supposed to fight it?” Belphi asked cautiously as she took out her sword and glared at the foe in front of us. It’s a single enemy yet it’s clearly as much of a threat as multiple of the enemies on the lower floor. 

*Shake* *Clank*

The armor began shaking as if in a frenzy, contrasting its previously senate appearance and posture.

“It’s activated already?” I muttered as I took out my sword as well. It’s posture became strangely feral and-

*Dash*

Immediately sprints at its foe. It’s targeting me!

 

———Belphi———

 

*Clash*

The two locked their swords. The armor isn’t exactly staring at her while Rosia looks rather tense as she tries to overpower it. If this thing can give her trouble there’s not much I can do… But I cannot be certain of that until I try.

*Dash* *Strike* *Budge*

That strike to its head doesn’t do much and I even got pushed back a little.

*Push* *Slash*

Rosia uses that moment of weakness to overpower the menacing armor of light and slash it away.

*Dash* *Swing*

It’s not done yet however, far from it. It immediately goes for Rosia again, ignoring me thankfully.

*Parry* *Swing* *Evade*

“Wha!?” Rosia parried the incoming attack and swung her sword in retaliation, in a horizontal movement, which the armor ducked under almost on all fours still with its massive sword in its hand looking like it’s about to- Would I make it?

*Dash* *Thrust* *Parry*

Before the thrust is successfully achieved I managed to use all my might to swing it away. I’m not certain if Rosia can react to that fast or not as she was still processing this thing’s ability to sense incoming danger.

*Leap*

The armor jumps back from us as if preparing something.

*Shine*

Suddenly what seems like a second sword appeared in its other hand. Two swords instead of one is it?

*Lunge* *Evade*

It lunged itself towards Rosia once more only for her to step out of the way.

*Swing*

The two swords are then swung at her at incredible speed.

*Block*

Rosia blocked the attack but the assault didn't stop. The enemy still doesn’t retreat their weapons and keep pushing and pushing. I need to step in once again as Rosia keeps it occupied.

*Leap* *Slice*

Taking advantage of it focusing on Rosia, I leaped towards it with a full power swing of my sword. Attacking its joint and making its right arm go flying along with its sword.

*Slash*

Rosia sees this slash away at it again and retreats. Both of us had to get a bit of a breathing room. At least it has only one arm no-

*Retach*

“You have got to be kidding me” I said as I saw its limb-still holding its sword-reconnected with the main body.

“Seems the only way to kill it for real is just a severe amount of damage overall and crushing it to pieces” Rosia said as she looked more determined than ever to destroy this thing in front of her.

“Right” I said, ready to go in as well.

**Dash**

Both of us sprint to different sides of it and are ready to hack away at it.

**Swing** **Parry** **Swing** **Parry** **Swing** **Parry**

“This thing!” I let out a sound in a slight amount of frustration at what I’m witnessing and experiencing. It’s not overwhelmed in the slightest as we both attack it from two sides. 

*Thrust* *Swing* *Leap*

As we both went for a different way to attack it just jumped away.

“This is getting annoying. I’ll just end it” Rosia commented.

*Dash*

She went in with much more force put into those steps, is she going all out?

*Slash* *Creek*

For some reason that slash have way more impact than ever before, right into its torso is her sword is deep in it, the torso ripped open.

*Swing* *Evade*

“Tch!” Rosia clicked her tongue as the armor wasn't quite done just yet. Seems not being a human allows it to survive that kind of attack.

“Should I help?” I asked her just in case.

“No, this one I’ll make sure its death is imminent” Rosia replied as she-

*Dash*

Went in to continue the fight.

*Swing*

The armor swung its sword at her again, now Rosia doesn’t even look slightly fazed by that.

*Parry* *Clank* *Twist*

She parried it looking almost effortlessly, even knocking its sword out of its hard and bending its arm.

*Swing*

And then the swing from down up-

*Slice*

That went through and knocked away the other arm. The left arm has been cut clean off and the sword of light disappeared.

*Thrust* *Stab*

Stabbing it in the place where it’s arm used to be, lodging it deep into its body. If this were a living being it would’ve cried out, but this thing doesn’t respond at all.

*Swing* *Crash* *Swing* *Crash*

And what was next was quite ridiculous to look at. The menacing and feral armor is being swung around as Rosia does so to her sword lodging in it and slamming it into any and all nearby surfaces. Miraculously or not, the room remains intact.

*Slam* *Pluck*

She slammed the armor to the ground and finally pulled the sword out.

*Stab*

Before stabbing through its helmet, or rather its head, and planted the sword down. Is that it?

...There is no response from the armor anymore. Seems like it’s finally destroyed for good…

 

———Rosia Zana———

 

Now that this thing has been properly shut down… It’s time for the next floor. Hopefully there’s not much left before it’s finally the end of this place.

Looking around I see a path opened up. Looks like after the knight has been dealt with the path to the next floor will open up.

Both Belphi and I then walked through the corridor and up the stairs. Not saying anything as we continued to anticipate what came next.

...And someone is here to greet us on the fifth floor.

“Heya. You two seem to be doing well” Kaa-san said as she looked at us. All the while a pillar of blue light is right behind her.

“Why are you here right now Kaa-san?” I asked her, hoping that what she brings is good news.

“Oh. I’m just here to say this is your final test. Done with this and you two can go home” She said tilting her head and looking at the pillar of blue light. Just what exactly does it do?

“We’re reaching the end already?” Belphi asked, sounding a bit skeptical.

“Hey, it’s not like we would be encountering anyone particularly troublesome will we? At least not more than one I’m sure, so I don’t think you need to go through the entire gauntlet after about a minute of consideration. Besides would anyone even read about going through the tree that is about as tall as the tallest mountain on Earth? I don’t think so” Kaa-san said casually. She certainly makes it sound like whatever goes beyond this point will be even more powerful than us, and there might be multiple… Is that even possible? It’s hard to imagine.

“If whatever came next is such a big deal. Would you not be at least a bit concerned?” Belphi asked, sounding slightly skeptical.

“Where’s the fun without a little risk? I doubt the pl- Ahem, the thing that is up ahead will just straight up kill you. I make sure to command the thing to not do that if you’re clearly outmatched” Kaa-san replied. Would it even really work out? Or does she have something else up her sleeve? From how she fumbled it does seem like she almost revealed something that would’ve taken the tension out of everything.

“...I’ll take your word for it. I don’t think it’s worth arguing anyway” Belphi said as she walked close to the pillar, or rather from the sounds of it a portal.

“Good choice. I’ll be seeing you victorious soon” Kaa-san replied with a confident smile.

*Zoom*

And teleported away leaving us two. I just have to steel myself for whatever is on the other side.

“Ready?” I asked her as I walked over to the edge of the portal as well.

“At this point there’s no reason to not be ready I would say. Let’s just get this over and done with” Belphi replied firmly. So it seems that we will go in right away, with nothing to expect other than something powerful.

“Then let’s go” I said as I immediately walked in first with her follow suit.

*Zoom*

Both of us got into the portal and ended up somewhere else… This place is like it’s made of blue light, with the floor looking like it’s made out of glass, the under it is simply white light radiating out. The sky is a beautiful blue but with no cloud in sight. It’s simply a large amount of white and blue painting this space we’re now in.

Both of us looked around and saw nothing noteworthy. Just where is this thing we were meant to defeat?

“See anything?” Belphi asked as both she and I kept looking.

“No… Just where is-”

*Roar*

Before I could finish my sentence, a mighty roar can be heard somewhere high up in the sky. The place seems to quake at its roar alone, and this seems to be a world in and of itself. Just what is this thing and where is it?

“W-What in the…” Belphi trailed off as she’s looking at something. I turned to look at what was bothering her and saw it. This massive thing… 

Red body of a mechanical serpent. Head shaped like a skull, deep red with blue light coming out of its eye sockets. Along its massive slithering body are two skinning arms that have five fingers at the end on both sides, the fingers are long and moving about not like any finger should. On its back are blue wings that look just as mechanical as the rest of its body. Giant yellow halo on top of its head that contrasts its very clearly inhumane and monstrous appearance. What should be its legs are multiple tentacles-like limbs that act as its legs, all red like the rest of its body. 

This thing we’re witnessing is about… to say it's longer than the capital city is a slight understatement. How strong is it anyway?

[Apprasial]

<Apprasial Blocked>

Damn. Kaa-san must’ve been the one behind this. Either it’s much stronger or weaker than it seems if she deemed it necessary to block this information.

*Swoop*

It glides down towards us. This massive thing is targeting its two small targets, staring at us with the massive eye sockets that glow blue.

*Charge*

It opens its mouth as if gathering power there… I’m not betting on countering it, I’d rather run away.

*Blast* *Grab* *Zoom*

As soon as it blasted its giant beam at us I immediately grabbed Belphi and teleported out of harm’s way. That blast could’ve obliterated a mountain with its sheer size.

“So how are we supposed to beat this?” Belphi asked as she kept her cool and stared boldly at it slowly turning its head to meet us.

“We need to get close to it first of all, I’ll take care of that. We need to whittle it down if all possible, and retreat at the sign of it trying to shake us off. Got it?” I instructed. 

“Got it” Belphi replied firmly.

*Zoom*

I teleported both of us to its back. On its back is full of lines of blue light coursing over its body would that be where it is most vulnerable?

*Swing* *Clank* *Swing* *Thonk*

Doesn’t look like that did much of anything.

*Rumble*

It’s already trying to get us off! We can’t stay here, not worth risking it.

*Zoom*

I teleported both of us out of the way of its rampage. We’re about 500 feet away from it but that’s not a lot considering its size and how long its arms are. We need another method of attacking. Perhaps projectiles?

*Swing* *Blast*

That beam of light didn’t do much to it as it noticed us. 

*Swing* *Zoom*

It swung its massive arm at us but I teleported us out of the way. If I didn’t have this, I would’ve been in a lot more trouble so I’m glad I learned it beforehand even if it’s not that less brutal to learn than going through this.

“Belphi, we need something powerful, you have some don’t you?” I asked Belphi who hasn’t done much so far. 

“Yeah. This thing, remember?” She said as her sword glowed for a moment. I do believe I know what she’s talking about.

“I certainly do. How about this? I'll distract and damage it as you stay far away from it as charging it up, then I’ll lead it close to you for you to blast it in. Sounds good?” I proposed a plan. With her far away from the action nothing will weigh me down either, as brutal as that sounds.

“That’s fine with me” She replied. 

*Zoom*

I teleported her about 30 miles away from the action. I think this is enough distance for her to be safe for the time being.

*Zoom*

Now then… This thing that is flying towards me may be intimidating, but I’ll still make sure to give it one hell of a fight.

*Flap* *Fly*

I manifested my wings and flew towards it. 

*Swing* *Evade*

Once again it swings its massive arm at me, but I managed to dodged it despite its massive size.

*Swoop* *Strike*

In retaliation I fly towards its face and strikes it right in one of its eyes. 

*Charge* *Zoom* *Blast*

Looks like that wasn’t the best of ideas. It can shoot beams from its eyes as well. Is there even any weak spot on this thing?

*Swoop* *Strike* *Swoop* *Strike*

I flew around and struck it with my sword with no clear effect. This is ridiculous, I can’t see any damage at all.

*Shine*

Guess I’ll have to go all out for this. The sword now enchanted by light and mana, I’ll make sure the next hit will hit hard.

*Swing* *Boost* *Strike* 

Before it could try to retaliate I got the hit in. There’s a slight dent on it. That’s much more than what I did before but this is not enough. Perhaps I need a charge attack of my own as well?

*Thrust* *Boost* *Strike*

Another strike with a small amount of damage done. Considering its absolutely ridiculous size that doesn’t count too much. I need a bigger attack than this if I were to distract it and do some damage of my own, however I don’t think I should do it until I regroup with Belphi, I just need to be conservative until then.

The giant skeleton turned its head and saw a small flash of light. I’m not sure if Belphi is done just yet, but regardless I can’t let it reach her until then.

*Swoop* *Shine* *Blast*

I blast it with a light magic right in its face which doesn’t seem to faze it at all. 

*Swing* *Evade*

Trying to get me out of its way with a swing once more doesn’t work, that thing is just too slow for me to get hit by, especially in the air.

*Strike*

Once again I go for the eye to see if it’ll have any effect. Seems to do a bit but the thing is still clearly-

*Blast* *Zoom*

Functional. At this point I should’ve just charged up my ultimate attack as well. No point in these small taps.

*Fly* *Shine*

I began flying away as I concentrated and put all the mana I have into this sword of mine that I have since the previous life. All the while trying to out fly this thing that is now targeting me.

*Charge*

Now it’s charging with its mouth again, looking at me and not letting me leave its sight. 

*Zoom* *Blast* *Fly*

That was risky of me. Concentrating on more than a spell even if one is a short one might end up with both spells failing. I keep flying away from it and hoping Belphi will-

*Sparkle*

I can see a huge source of light where Belphi was from here up high in the sky. Has she finished? She has to be! I need to go back there quickly and join her.

 

———Belphi———

 

Preparation is complete. With this spell I will annihilate whatever this monster is. I will put all of this power into a single attack, and that will be the end!

“[Stars of destruction. Dreams of slaughter]” I began chanting as I saw two figures coming towards me. One is obviously the foe, another is also obviously Rosia. Seems she noticed my preparation being done.

“[Petals of light. Shining star of death]” My chanting continued as the two gets ever closer.

“[Four seasons. Soaring dawn]” At this point and time Rosia almost reached me.

“[Light of annihilation and passion…]” Next will be what will release it all. Rosia now regrouped with me and saw me ready to pull the trigger.

“[Power of light and demon. By your name shall all light be consumed]!” Rosia also chanted as she also readies something of her own. Whatever it is is not a problem of mine, what is is the monster nearly reaching us, and it will, if only we allow it to.

*Shine* *Sparkle*

“[Blossoming Spark]! | [Suemosa]!” Both of us screamed out our respective attack at the same time.

*Shine* *Blast*

Massive waves of destruction came forth for our foe.

*Boom*

Blinding light. The resulting explosion caused everything to be consumed by light. I cannot see anything, and I’m not what happened to that thing, what I do know is that it is clearly affected by it, how can it not.

“Congratulations. You two have passed” Suddenly a voice called out to us. A voice of a young girl…

 

———Rosia Zana———

 

Whose voice is that? It’s neither of us that much I know, but there should only be three beings here…

The light wears off and we can see again… Who? What is this doing in front of us?

“Huh?” Belphi let out a sound in bewilderment as she observed the one in front of us.

A girl with strange looking skin. Yellow hair, red clothes, and blue eyes and mechanical wings… I feel like I have seen something familiar before.

“Are you… that thing we just fought!?” I asked her, still in shock after everything clicked. This is just too ridiculous even after seeing something similar before. Belphi looks completely shocked even though she keeps quiet.

“Indeed. I’m a weapon of the one residing within this tree. She has tasked me with testing you both, there was never a need to defeat me. However you both have done well, even with holding back on my end” She said sounding both congratulatory and slightly condescending. 

“A weapon? Right. You do look artificial” Belphi commented.

“I indeed am. However I do not think of myself as such under this form, if you would be so kind as to not call me that” She replied. Does she have an ego of her own? She sounds like she does even if her demeanor and voice is a bit unemotional.

“So what should we call you?” Belphi replied.

“I do not believe that’s important. Just call me with the name I supposed.” She immediately shot down the idea of thinking up something herself, with Belphi looking a bit taken aback. I just look at her like it’s none of my business.

“Umm… Wea...po… I’ll just call you Way” Belphi replied, unable to come up with a better name.

“Acknowledged. Moving on. You two have passed and I shall accompany you out of this space between world” She said as her eyes lit up for a second before a portal appeared near us, can she use it as well?

“You can use space magic?” I asked, feeling a bit curious.

“I cannot, I merely signaled my mistress to open it up for us” She said as she stood and waited for us to enter it.

“Well. This day has been all sorts of twists and turns” Belphi commented as she stepped into the portal.

*Zoom*

“And I shall go as well” Way said as she stepped into the portal after.

*Zoom*

And then there’s me who is also taken aback. I have seen some ridiculous things but this is just… Kaa-san certainly is a crazy one, even if that’s pretty clear. Time to step in and go back.

*Zoom*

The 100th chapter is here! Certainly putting in a lot more words than I usually do to celebrate this occasion.

6