Book 3: Chapter 65: Majo: For Tomorrow and For Two
85 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well that’s the end of that, today wasn’t all that eventful over there, not much to dig through. Perhaps I should take my time looking through other things as well, like what Maova has said regarding the castle’s underground, probably better do so soon before something bothersome happens. 

Well what am I to do now? This time I opt to return to my room here in the academy first since yesterday I wasn’t exactly around to keep suspicion in check, if this goes on for too long then it could get troublesome.

Since I’m here I probably should go talk to Clara or my friends… well I did talk to them this morning already and didn’t really do that for Clara so might as well go talk to her now, she should be done with whatever her classes are.

Out the door, into the corridor, and then walked over to Clara’s room right in front of the door. At this point I already took my armor and gear off.

*Knock* *Knock*

Not long after I knocked on the door it opened, Clara looked at me in anticipation and I went in no question asked. We both sit down and take a brief moment to compose ourselves.

“So… Clara how are you? Anything going on? If so nothing bad I hope” I start the conversation and see how she still looks a bit nervous even with the many times we have converse.

“I’m doing fine, thank you” She replied not sounding all too sure as always. She’s sounding like a broken record at this point. Time to push for more answers.

“Clara. I’m not here to hear the same thing over and over again, especially when it isn’t true. I would’ve expected you to say that with more confidence if it’s true” I said in a harsher tone to make it clear I’m not playing around. If she’s in trouble she should say it, me helping out is another matter entirely.

“I… I’m sorry” She muttered rather apologetically. 

“Just say it Clara, I won’t scold you for it” I said despite not having a clue what problem she may have.

“It’s just that… the girls are asking for me to come meet them tomorrow” She said sounding understandably concerned. Sounds like this is near the end of whatever conflict she may have.

“Okay… what time and where?” I asked, seeing as it is a slightly concerning matter.

“In the garden soon after the classes are over... They say specifically that you can’t be around… Will you come?” Hmm… so they didn’t forget about me. Well it really depends on her level of honor.

“Do you want me to come?” I asked despite having a clear answer in mind already.

“I… I don’t want to come off as dishonest” She replied, clearly hesitating. Well hopefully it doesn’t go further than just a test of wits. If it does get worse then…

“Ah. Well I’ll respect that choice no need to worry about that, however maybe you should have something to defend yourself in hand. Where was the dagger that I gave you?” I asked. Things might escalate if there are weapons involved, so she might as well have one… Well if she’s the only one with it things might get bad still… It’s alright, I’ll be there if anything were to get worse. I should try to get back here earlier tomorrow, I have a bit more leeway than the four in that regard.

“Ah. I have it in my drawer right here” She said as if just now remembered it. She walks over to the drawer and opens it, picking up the fancy and clearly ceremonial dagger. It’s insanely high in quality and probably much more effective than commonday daggers but still… it’s a ceremonial weapon, far from the best it could’ve been, I have more than enough daggers that are better than that one in quality… Wait isn’t it actually more of a keris? Wait scratch that, let's focus on something more important.

“Good to see it still being in good shape. Maybe a bit conspicuous since it’s a bit long but still, probably helpful to have in confrontations. Make sure not to forget it” I commented. She put it back in the drawer and she went back and sat on her bed.

“I won’t, I promise” She said with a bit more spunk than usual, then I guess she really means it. That’s good to hear.

“Good to hear” I said in a relieved tone. It’s nice to hear her actually having a bit of conviction and not cowering all the time.

Now what else is there to say? That seems to be the main concern for her at the moment, and I probably shouldn’t try to bring up more stress for her. Maybe something a bit more light hearted? Or something not quite related to that?

“Say, Clara, is there anything you like to do that could be helpful? Like in the future I mean, taking care of yourself and all that” I asked as a follow up to what I asked yesterday, perhaps slightly stressful to think about but clearly not on the same level as the more apparent and encroaching conflict.

“I… I’m just good with a bit of magic and writing I guess” She said while scratching her cheek. She did say something about both before, but clearly not elaborate much on them, aside from the whole darkness deal.

“Hmm… Well writing is a possible career I supposed” I muttered thinking about it. Magic isn’t exactly a thing in my place and time so it’s hard to figure it out, but with writing it is certainly a job.

“B-But I’m really not confident with it” She replied, suddenly getting very nervous. Has she even tried it that much before?

“Well I would say give it a try before you start saying that” I said so rather playfully seeing as she’s not exactly reacting all that dignified. Seeing the ease of initial tension makes this all feel a bit less stressful, less consideration on what to say.

“I’ll keep that in mind” She replied, still sounding a bit unsure. Well hopefully she actually keeps it in mind.

“If all goes well, maybe I’ll host a celebration” I said a bit jokingly. I don’t even really know if I’ll even remember to do that, just all of this seems enough for her.

I’d say she’s not really making me feel anything too strongly compared to those two. I think she at least grabbed my attention, all things considered, but I don’t know, feels like she could be out of my life and I wouldn’t care as much.

“That sounds great… but will you be there to know of it?” She asked, suddenly changing her tone.

“Good question really, I hope I was there to know at least” I replied. Is she taking that seriously?

She just sits there pondering on what I said. Is she really that focused on me being there? I know she has been attaching herself to me but… I mean maybe she’ll get over it by that time? It’s a bit alarming, especially after what those two said.

“Well, hopefully by that time you also remember me” I said, trying to steer her away from my side of the deal.

“I will, promise!” She said very assertively. Now that is a level of conviction I wasn’t expecting… now this is feeling a bit nerve wracking, hopefully she doesn’t actually… No I can’t just assume something like that.

“Glad to hear it” I replied, keeping a straight face and not showing my thoughts. Maybe I should leave for now to gather my thoughts and relax a bit, as well as hanging out with those two seeing how they’re doing. I think she could use some more time alone as well. 

“Clara. I hope whatever happened tomorrow will turn out well. I hope that with that dagger in hand you’ll be saved” I said as I stand up and walk over to the door.

“You’re leaving already?” She asked, sounding her disappointment.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back tomorrow, after you are done with the feud I’ll come meet you as soon as possible, stay strong and we’ll meet again, just like always” I said while giving her a reassuring smile before I leave. It’s a bit of a sudden exit but I couldn’t think of anything better to say to leave quickly.

Alright so now I’m back in the corridor, time to go back to my room and lock it shut. Going in, lock the door, making sure it is actually locked... Good. Now time to leave.

*Zoom*

“I’m back!” I said excitedly as I returned to the entrance of the home I built for us three. Will they hear me? Wherever they are? Oh I hear some footsteps, guess they do.

“Reiza!” Rumel greeted me warmly as she walked over to me along with her sister who also looked rather relaxed and happy. A wonderful sight to see, of course it’s hard to not get reminded of my greetings of so many back home, I appreciate both kinds really, one of more serenity and another of liveliness.

“I’m back, hope neither of you miss me too much, have you two eaten anything yet?” I said with a small smile on me.

“W-We haven’t” Floria replied quietly. I guess it’s my job to do it again is it? Well this time I should try something a bit different, something a bit more traditional.

“Ah. I see. Well don’t worry girls, I’ll cook something up like last time” I said keeping my head up.

“Can’t we help?” Rumel asked. Nice to be conscious of their reliance on me, but it’s alright right now so I didn’t pay any heed.

“This time I’m thinking of something slightly more complicated so I can’t exactly do that, sorry” I answered trying to sound considerate.

“I understand” Rumel said, sounding a bit disappointed. Perhaps she’ll get to help in the future but certainly not now.

“You two should sit around here and wait. I’ll go prepare dinner” I said as I walked to the kitchen… I don’t think I have the required equipment exactly, but I’ll manage, I don’t exactly care about being by the book.

Okay so first of all there are three fish I can fry for the fish part. The other part… Well here are a bunch of potatoes. For the big thing to share… Here’s some beef, carrots, onions... Ah also I need the broth… Let’s break the sequence for a bit.

 

#####

 

Okay time to prepare these. The fish is already prepared, just have to deep fry it later. Peeling potatoes… Well I should boil it first.

*Sizz* *Splash*

Anyway what else, ah dice the vegetables and mince the meat. I can do those pretty quickly.

*Peel* *Chop* *Smash*

Maybe a bit too forceful but it works at least, it’ll all be covered by mashed up potatoes anyway so people don’t have to see them much. Alright time to take the potato out. Kinda hot but I’ll manage. 

*Peel*

Done with that, I need to conjure up the deep fryers and more pan. The oil, the butter, sauce, all those stuff. I have a room under the desk, it’s fireproof so I could use that as a makeshift oven kinda.

Mix the flour with some spice, put fishes in, make sure it’s covered and then leave it there for now.

*Sizz*

Put in the butter, letting it melt. Then put in the onions and carrots. It’s going to take a while to- Screw it I’ll just do this… Hnrg… Manipulating time is so straining, that should cut down the time by a large amount.

Next is the sauce, meat, and broth, putting them all in and having to wait a while. Might as well mash up some potatoes in the meantime.

 

#####

 

Put all the stuff in the tray ready for the finishing touch. I just have to spread them nicely with mashed potatoes on top and some cheese first… there we go, into the makeshift oven you go.

With it in there and taking its time cooking time to do the fish and chips. I quickly chopped all those potatoes into the right size… I need to freeze them up for a bit.

 

#####

 

Okay time for the deep frying part, should be easy enough. Do it just once for the fishes. With the chips make sure to do it the first time, making sure it’s not actually all brown and crispy, then a second time with more heat in the oil.

 

#####

 

Certainly on the more technical side of things this time around, trying to follow the usual recipes a bit but all came out quite alright.

Time to bring them to the girls. Really I could only think of doing this only a few times a week, I’m not the best cook anyway.

“Okay you two. Dinner’s ready!” I said as I brought them to the table. All three portions of the fish and chips, and the big tray of shepherd’s pie in the middle.

They sit down and look at them in awe. I guess when the standard for food in this time is a bit lower that has to be expected, but still a bit embarrassing honestly.

“What is this in the middle?” Floria asked, sounding her curiosity. It is a bit more unusual looking than the fish and chips for certain.

“It’s a savory dish. The top layer is cheese and potatoes, while the lower are meat and vegetables” I explained so rather simply. 

“Hmm” She let out a sound of curiosity.

“Thanks for the meal” I said to no one as I began eating my portion. The two hearing that also began digging in themselves. Seems they quickly realized what that phrase means.

 

#####

 

“So… how was it?” I asked as everything was eaten and I began cleaning up the dinner table.

“That was great, just like last time” Rumel answered without any hesitation while Floria also nodded along.

“Glad to hear that, let me clean these up real quick” I said as I collected the utensils and containers. 

“And can we-”

“It’s a bit more messy this time so no” I quickly replied, hearing her trying to help out again. I appreciate the gesture Rumel but I’m best at handling this.

 

#####

 

“Okay it’s all done!” I said while dusting my hand off and approaching them.

“That was great” Floria quietly muttered. The atmosphere of this is great.

“So… how about we relax upstairs? Back in the bedroom?” I suggested seeing as we’re done here.

“Very well. Let’s go Floria” Rumel answered while standing up and following me, with Floria following along as well.

We all walked up to one of the bedrooms… it’s rather awkward considering I was thinking of making it for two people at first… maybe…

“Actually can you two please get out for now? I’m thinking of doing something” I requested.

“S-Sure? Why?” Rumel asked, sounding quite confused. 

“I’ll renovate this a bit, don’t worry it won’t take too long” I answered nonchalantly and both of them got out, if looking a bit doubtful still. This will be quite troublesome, but I’ll get it done quickly.

 

#####

 

“Okay you two, I’m done” I said as I walked out the door. I wonder if those two hear the loud sounds of dismantling inside. 

“What’s with all that sound?” Rumel asked. I guess that is heard after all.

“That’s what happens when you do everything so quickly. Anyway let’s get in” I said as I open the door and leave it open for them to get in.

“Wha?” Floria let out a small sound of surprise and eyes widened.

What used to be two rooms separated by doors and walls now have none of that. The two beds are now gone and in its place is a massive king sized bed more than enough for three people.

“How was it?” I asked expecting some sort of response.

“Incredible!” Rumel replied sounding stupefied and amazed.

“Well I did just do that extremely quickly. How about we all sit down and talk?” I said as I walked over to the bed to sit down on it. The two seeing this also do the same.

“Say…” Rumel suddenly said something, what is it now? She looks a bit red in the face, same with Floria.

“What is it?” I replied in response.

“Will you do that again?” She asked, getting a bit more red… Ah I get it.

“Perhaps” I said a bit teasingly. I was barely serious with what I did yesterday, so maybe I’ll do so again a bit more seriously soon.

“What happened yesterday was certainly a bit… sudden” Floria commented.

“Well I won’t deny that. Sorry I guess” I said a bit nervously.

“No need for that Reiza! It’s alright! It’s… good” Rumel tried to encourage me and ended up saying the last part shyly.

“Y-Yeah!” Floria added. It was their first time yesterday so I get that they’re very sensitive to this.

“I see. Glad to hear you two say that, maybe I’ll get to try new things… well for you two anyway” I said a bit teasingly again as both of them look more red in the face.

“H-Hey, I won’t just do it now. If you two aren’t ready then I can wait okay?” I said, trying to reassure them, seeing as they’re staying silent.

“N-Not to worry! I’m always ready for you!” Rumel said, sounding a bit innocent, I doubt she actually is. 

“I’m okay as well!” Floria chimed in. Yeah this is… well maybe I should indeed try something a bit more extreme today. Maybe… Well not that, but certainly more than a bit of teasing yesterday not using much.

“Look. Sex is more than what we did yesterday, much more. Look, usually what I do is much more extreme than this, okay? How about it? Really ready for that?” I asked seeing if they really are that ready.

“I… I will be! We won’t know without trying right?” Rumel said bravely despite clearly being so clueless in this.

“I will follow her on that as well!” Floria added.

“I see… I guess you want to try it right now. Very well then! Get ready then” I said as I stripped myself and anticipated them to do the same, which they did. Now it’s time for something much more than they can possibly expect. It’s time to do this and make sure they understand how pleasurable this can be…

2