Book 3: Chapter 69: Lord: Morning Meet
80 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hmm…” I began pondering about the involvement of people in the upcoming attack, but I’m not completely sure who else would be involved. Just Rosia and I are enough but I wonder if anyone else could be involved. Belphi is an option but she’s already dictated to be on the other side.

“What are you thinking about?” Rosia asked, seeing me lost in thought. 

“Well who else would be involved. I mean if we are to be taken even more seriously we can’t just have two people can we? I mean I have that plan in mind but still no response” I answered. Who else? Kaa-san clearly won’t be involved and Mom just seems disinterested with the whole deal. I’m not going to test my luck on that. Just who can I choose?

“What about Way?” Rosia suggested.

“Yeah. Last time she was left to our device things got a bit hectic. Wasn’t she confiscated immediately after that?” I replied a bit mockingly. Kaa-san said she was going to improve on her more but still no news on that.

“She was. A shame really, but we can only wait, or ask her about it. I doubt Kaa-san will take that long to upgrade her in any way anyway” Rosia noted.

“So what? Wanna go ask her?” I replied. Sounds a tad risky really, for all we know she’ll sic her on us for asking that. It would be a good exercise I supposed, haven't had a good fight in a while, not that I really know how big of a chance I have.

“Sounds rather risky, besides both of us know trying to get hold of her isn’t exactly easy, sometimes she just leaves to do something none of us knows” Rosia replied voicing my thoughts. It’s hard to tell what she’s trying to do or will do.

“True. Still we can’t just consider her alone. Isn’t there anyone else who we could use? I feel like there should be…” I said as I ponder on the options we have right now, which is really just the new demonic army controlled by me… with the power I naturally have… Wait a second I have this power I should use it more!

“Figuring something out?” Rosia asked, seeing my reaction to my own realization.

“Yeah. Those prisoners that really weren’t used for anything other than your own pleasure, they’re demons remember?” I replied and pointed out. She doesn’t seem to quite get it just yet, which I won’t blame her for since it hasn’t really been brought up for weeks now.

“What about it?” She replied voicing her cluelessness on the matter.

“Well I am a Demon Lord for a reason. I can control them if need be” I explained. If they’re just some weaklings that are enough for the job I might bring them along, but really there are only two of them and neither are particularly strong enough for my liking, it might end up making the humans underestimate us more.

“Sounds about right, still I don’t think they’re strong enough for the job are they?” Rosia replied with a question. If they’re strong enough for the job…

“Well theoretically they should be stronger as demons, but we aren’t exactly sure about that are we? I think that oni girl would’ve made a dent if that were the case, yet she can barely put up a struggle” I elaborated. Why is it that they feel so weak despite their increased power?

“She certainly isn’t all that hard to subdue. I thought it was just me being too strong but maybe that has a part? Perhaps Kaa-san would have some idea?” Rosia noted. Kaa-san is pretty much the closest person there is to someone all knowing, and well… actually just asking that probably won’t end up escalating into something ridiculous.

*Knock* *Knock*

“Huh?” Who is at the door? Probably not Kaa-san since she usually just rudely teleported in. Let’s go open the door to see who’s here…

“Heh?” I let out a sound in confusion, somehow I’m both right and wrong on that front. The person in front of me is no doubt Belphi, the sleepy librarian, but the person accompanying her is…

“Heya Maova, how is the plan coming along?” Kaa-san greeted as both of them walked in. Rosia looks a bit taken aback as the two of them sit on the chairs while Rosia and I are on the sofa.

“Kaa-san…” I said as I feel a bit flabbergasted by the change in her approach, as well as the extra visitor.

“Belphi isn’t a big fan of teleporting apparently” Kaa-san commented casually.

“I just think barging in with a spell unnoticed is rather uncalled for, I thought that would’ve been obvious” Belphi retorted. Can’t exactly tell which side is correct.

“Whatever. Anyhow Belphi is here to talk with you regarding the plan, just discuss and I’ll be here telling you anything you want to know” Kaa-san said. So she’s just here for us to ask something. Right now we should talk with Belphi regarding the plan. Probably in two or three days from now, certainly try to not do so near the day of reckoning, I want to give them time to panic.

“So… Belphi, what did Kaa-san tell you?” I asked, wanting to see if she knows the full story.

“Essentially I would be on that side to boost their force and morale, making me involved and make those people more motivated in fighting you. That’s about the gist of it” She answered. I guess an extra power from someone worthy of the royal’s attention will be quite the good news.

“Sounds about right. Of course if you choose to change sides at the end or not is also present, if you don’t then you could be there going about, if you do then it would be quite the opposite for a long time” I noted seeing as she hasn’t addressed that.

“Well I don’t think you really need to demoralize them more than what you already planned out. Yeig has mentioned all of that to me already” She replied. So she will be on that side, guess that'll be something to take note of.

“True enough, make sure to stay alive” I said a bit jokingly. Now then let’s talk about the plan of action.

“Where would she be? The castle or the academy?” Rosia asked. That would be an important distinction. Either she’s going against me or Rosia essentially… While I would say she’ll be with me so Rosia won’t screw her over with her destructive behavior, she also knows her from before her transformation by me so I think her familiarity will help with their teamwork.

“I’d say the academy, with you along for the ride” I answered.

“I see” Rosia replied, she doesn’t seem to mind it at all.

“How about you?” I then turn to ask Belphi.

“I’ll be fine. I’m supposed to make an entrance to save those people isn’t that right?” Belphi asked, wanting clarification more than anything else.

“Yep, maybe you should wait a bit before you make your entrance, let Rosia cause some damage” I replied. She looks a bit uneasy as I said that.

“Sounds… troubling. I’ll be honest here I’m not above killing fellow people but I don’t know if doing so in a place full of innocent people is a good idea” Belphi said making her problem clear.

“Don’t worry, Rosia won’t try to kill anyone unneeded, right?” I said trying to reassure her, then address Rosia hoping she’ll take it to heart.

“Yeah” Rosia flatly replied.

“Any prompt at all?” Belphi asked. What should be the prompt?... Ah. I know.

“You see, there is this one guy who was supposed to get fatally injured by Rosia, when he’s down jumped at her” I answered with a slightly sinister smile.

“Supposed?” Belphi repeated.

“Well like you said, someone being dead would give you a pretty bad conscience wouldn’t it?” I replied. I mean the fate of that man could be considered worse than death but really who to tell.

“Alright then…” Belphi responded. So yeah we got a bit of the plan going there.

“Planning things pretty well” Kaa-san commented. Right she’s here and just began saying something. Weren’t we trying to ask her something?... Oh.

“Kaa-san. Why exactly are the people Maova turned into demons seem weaker?” Rosia asked on my behalf.

“Why? Well it’s mainly caused by the sheer difference in the current and past body. The dissonance is very detrimental to one’s capabilities and it seems the case you came up with is a pretty clear case of that” Kaa-san answered. Well that’s a bit of a bummer.

“Sounds like forcibly turning someone into a demon doesn’t quite give them more power” I pondered.

“I mean they are still more powerful of course, just that with most the extreme change from humans to demons just is too much for them to handle, really if there’s next to no dissonance for someone then that person is probably extremely twisted in some way, they’re probably like demons in how much they’re able to embody something about themselves to extreme degree. The twisted desire, the absolute will and perception, those kinds of things” Kaa-san elaborated… So that’s why Rosia is really not bothered by herself being a demon at all. Meanwhile I’m more of a mockery than her, it’s all due to circumstances nowhere near as natural. Well I wouldn’t even bother thinking about who I was back then, in no way is that important.

“I see. Guess I’m just fit too well as a demon” Rosia muttered, making it clear she’s thinking about it as well. She looks almost gleeful in how she says it. Is there even a shred of humanity left in that humanoid body of hers? 

“Hmm… don’t remember you being this bad…” Kaa-san muttered to herself looking slightly troubled. She usually doesn’t act this way so what’s up with her!

“What is it Kaa-san?” I asked, feeling a bit worried.

“Just some nonsense you can’t comprehend Maova” Kaa-san replied sounding almost grating in her delivery, she doesn’t seem to like me calling her out on this. She said something along those lines before and still nothing came of it. Still her tone of voice makes it clear it’s a death warrant to ask her about it.

“Alright” I said in return, feeling a bit chilly with her dreadful tone.

“Okay, what else do you want to ask?” Kaa-san said, making it clear she’s stirring clear from that topic.

“Well… If we were to incorporate those people turned demons into our plan, or actually anyone we turned for that matter, how would we maximized their strength? Sounds like they’ll be quite useless even if I forcibly control them” I asked to both stir clear from that topic and ask something related to the previous topic.

“I understand your woes there, but really there’s not much for me to help with that. I think you need to forcibly shut down their ego or repress it at the very least. I don’t think you can do some sort of magical therapy that’ll make them comfortable with their new body of theirs” Kaa-san answered. So brute forcing my control is really the only way. Sucks but it’s not like that’s the main purpose of the plan anyway.

“That’s… Well I’ll deal with it” I said in response.

“Ah right Kaa-san. What about Way?” Rosia suddenly said so boldly. I could feel the sense of dread that both Rosia and I felt, it seemed she wasn’t quite expecting asking that to give her such a strong sense of fear.

“After you two use her to the point of almost damaging her? Well I actually have to fine tuned her so she wouldn’t even show a sign of crumbling from that mess ever again. I’m more or less done but let’s be real here the noise you two make shakes the entire castle, how lovely is that?” Kaa-san said, sounding plenty passive-aggressive. We did kinda went overboard… 

“We’re sorry” Rosia and I said simultaneously. There’s really no excusing our behavior then. As we finished our apologies, Kaa-san's expression remained the same as always while Belphi looked troubled and bewildered, she probably doesn’t expect the Demon Lord and her lover to bow down for a human. I mean she’s still my second mother, and an insanely powerful sage to boot, there’s no way I could possibly not respect her when it’s warranted.

“Hmph. Well I’ll lend her back at some point, for now just do with what you two have” Kaa-san replied. Thank goodness it’s nothing more than that.

“Haaah” I let out a long sigh in relief.

“Anyway, anything outside of that you need me for?” Kaa-san asked. What could there be? I don’t really know… I mean maybe some advice on how to deal with Reiza and other humans but that’s rather general, I don’t think she even pays attention to who plays a big role in this story.

“Not really?” I said feeling a bit unsure.

“Okay then. Rosia? Belphi? What about you two?” Kaa-san then asked the other two.

“I would need a disguise as a demon invading the academy, am I not? Perhaps a new set of armor?” Rosia noted. I didn’t even think of that. I can just shapeshift if need be so I didn’t really bother with my attire too much.

“That’s true. I’ll come up with something tomorrow” Kaa-san replied.

“As for me… I’m still rather unsure of what to do. Like after my entrance I know I’m supposed to help them, but how and why?” Belphi mentioned. How and why? Honestly I don’t think they’ll care that much if they’re going to get very desperate from my second attack. Should I be the one to answer this?

“I think just being on standby will be fine, Rosia is already doing that. As for why… just saying you’re fighting against evil? I think something along those lines will be fine, maybe saying you believe we attacked you and trying to get revenge?” I answered.

“Attack… Ah the earthquake. I did just go missing after that, which doesn’t bode well with me” Belphi noted. She doesn’t seem to be a wanted woman but…

“I remembered a few papers regarding you as a missing person, but nothing outside of that” I mentioned.

“I see… Seems I need to come up with excuses as to why I disappeared and took so long to come back” Belphi said, sounding a bit stressed out.

“Probably can just think up on the spot. Anyway Kaa-san outside of this there’s nothing else to ask of us right?” I replied and then asked Kaa-san.

“Not really. By the way have you explored the basement just yet? I think someone should just in case, make sure what is inside and how you might use it” Kaa-san said before bringing up something. 

“I haven’t, but I did ask someone to do it” I answered. Her eyebrows raised slightly as she heard that.

“Who exactly? I would’ve expected to hear about this already” Kaa-san asked, sounding a bit puzzled.

“Just one of the otherworlders. Didn’t I mention someone strong from the other world before?” I answered. 

“Well I think you did, but you literally didn’t say anything else about them. Is it maybe the Violet Azure Witch?” The what? Huh?

“Who?” I asked, sounding my confusion. Who is she talking about? I was talking about Reiza.

“Ah right. I’m talking about Reiza Warea, the magical hunter my spy told me about” Kaa-san clarified. Did Reiza have that title and I wasn’t aware of it? That’s odd.

“Yeah. I asked her to look into it, partially to get her radar off me” I responded.

“Smart move. She’s plenty dangerous, that much is very clear” Kaa-san replied in a proud tone. How much does she even know about this Reiza fellow? For all I know maybe more than me.

“I feel a bit left out here. Who is this person?” Belphi remarked.

“She’s one of the many otherworlders Maova summoned for her little game. Involuntarily bring in one of the more dangerous individuals in the known multiverse” Kaa-san answered before I could say anything. The way she said it… Is she aware of Reiza even before she was summoned here?

“Multiverse? Sounds like a big claim there” Belphi noted. 

“She’s not known for her strength, if anything it’s kind of average. What she’s known for is the multitude of techniques she has at her disposal, letting your guard down against her is by far the biggest mistake you could’ve made, and she’s probably still continuing to get stronger” Kaa-san explained. That’s the vibe I get from her as well, but it seems Kaa-san knows it as well, sounding like she knows it first hand. Anyway, the way she noted about average strength...

“Average in what way exactly? She eclipsed humans there in terms of power and level does she not?” I noted feeling like her estimation sounds a little bit off.

“By multiverse standard she’s average” Kaa-san tactlessly replied. Makes more sense if gauge by that standard.

“So don’t mess with her, got it” Belphi noted to herself. Not messing with her is a smart move. From my own estimation as she’s clearly aware of the World System she should be roughly over half a thousand in levels, and if Kaa-san’s comment is true then maybe she’s already way over that.

“Wise of you not to do so” The fact that Kaa-san even gave her a light of day really shows how much of a trouble that woman truly is. Makes me excited to fight her again when the time comes. I better not soured her mood to the point of trying to flat out kill me in the final fight, I want it to be more like a sport than a personal battle.

“So yeah she’s the one looking into the basement business” I said one more time as that’s kinda why we began talking about her.

“Hopefully that’ll go well. Anyhow, any questions left?” Kaa-san said. I already established that I don’t have any.

“None left” Rosia replied.

“Can’t think of anything” Belphi responded.

“I see. Well I guess that’s the end of the morning meeting, hopefully it didn't take too much time from you three” Kaa-san said cheerfully as she stood up while beckoning Belphi to do the same, which she did.

“Bye!” Kaa-san said to us two.

*Zoom*

And then teleported away. Time…

“Rosia maybe we should go back to that castle now as well. Probably took a bit of time there” I said a bit nervously.

“Get where you’re coming from” Rosia said as she touched my shoulder without needing me to prompt her.

*Zoom*

1