Book 3: Chapter 73: Rose: Mission Tomorrow
84 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The company is great as always my dear Princess” I said with a flirty look as I took another sip of the tea. Despite the ever-encroaching lack of personal space between us she doesn’t seem to take all that much notice.

“S-Same here Rosia…” She said a bit nervously, unable to compose herself whenever I got even a little bit flirty. Her behavior and responsibilities in this land has certainly degraded as time flies, and when her and her brother clash it accelerates. By the end of this charade I want to see to it that she cannot relied on anyone but Maova and I. I’ll make her my personal-

“So you two are here doing your little activity again” The prince said as he ruined the mood of this tea party. He sure is trying to ruin my mood at every possible angle. I think I want ‘him’ around after this as well. Might as well.

“Sorry if this sight ruins your mood, your Highness” I said politely, perhaps nowhere near as sincere as I make it sound but no one needs to know that.

“Hmph. That’ll do. I have other matters to attend to, and you two should as well” He said as he walked off. Seems he’s not too keen on entertaining us.

“I’m really for my brother’s behavior” The Princess said as she lowered her head. How polite, she can just dismiss him if she wants to, since it’ll actually show how far apart she is from him.

“How sweet of you” I said as I took another sip. So far this has certainly been a rather slow-pacing advancement, but I got lots of time.

“A-Ahaha… Thanks” She chuckled a bit awkwardly. Her composure while still rather good it’s definitely deteriorating in front of me slowly. Her regal attitude is much less prominent as she feels closer to me and less to her family…

“Excuse me your Highness! The Hero!” A guard said as he walked over to us and said so.

“Is something the matter?” I asked seeing that there’s more trying to interrupt our conversation.

“The King requested the Hero’s audience” He said. Seems this day I actually got something to do aside from idling with this girl in tow.

“Very well. It seems we have to cut this meeting short unfortunately. I’m sorry about this” I said to the Princess as I bowed to her respectfully once before walking off to see the King.

“We’ll see again soon alright?” She said before she leaves my line of sight. I nodded from the distance before we’re both completely separated. While this would be quite a romantic departure she’s just someone I can use, I don’t really feel like dwelling on someone lesser than her when it comes to this subject.

Let’s see what this king wants with me…

 

#####

 

“You request my presence, your Majesty?” I asked as I walked down the giant hall of the throne room and stood in the middle looking up at the king at the other end.

“Indeed. I require your presence. I have a mission for you” He said, keeping his loud and booming voice to radiate authority. I just feel like he is trying to play it up for dramatic effect.

“What is this mission your Majesty?” I asked. What could he possibly have me do now of all time?

“I want you to check out on the movement of the otherworlder called Reiza. She has been sighted all over the place and I need to make sure she stays in line” The King said. It’s about her again is it? By Maova’s word I shouldn’t try stopping whatever she’s doing at the moment… I guess I could use this as an excuse to keep an eye on her personally at least.

“Wouldn’t that be quite suspicious, your Highness?” I called out. While I would do so if he asked, if only because I was thinking about doing something similar, in a role of a heroic figure doing something like this will no doubt be rather off-putting.

“It will be fine. You are not doing anything malicious after all” He said. That’s a bold face lie if I ever saw one. What a nuisance, just like whoever was before him.

“Very well your Majesty. Am I to reprimand her if things get out of hand?” I asked just so I’m clear as to what I’m supposed to do.

“A warning or two will suffice. We shouldn’t do anything drastic immediately” He answered. Seems he’s a bit paranoid of what she can do. If there’s one thing he’s spot on it’s that. If Maova had trouble with her then he and his kingdom stood no chance.

“Acknowledged your Majesty. Where am I to inquire about her?” I asked.

“She is at the academy and strangely the headquarters of our soldiers. It is to the east of here, not too far from here. She should be there for a few hours after midday” He explained. Sounds like it’ll be quite tiresome if I were to do exactly as he asked.

“Understood your Majesty. I’ll look out for her soon” I said as I bowed down trying to not show my disdain for this kind of work.

“You are dismissed” He announced. Seems this is the only thing he have in mind.

 

#####

 

I’m back in my room just waiting for Maova to come back. No idea what she’s scheming today but it’s nothing I have to worry about.

*Zoom*

“I’m back!” Maova proclaimed as she playfully announced it.

“Good to see you back. What have you been doing?” I asked. Feels nice to see her return.

“Not much admittedly. I have been doing the usual with the otherworlders and trying to get people here to help me out on a few things. What about you?” She said somewhat dismissively. Feels like she has more to say but don’t feel like it… Let’s just inform her what I’ve been doing here, since it’s more than usual.

“I have been hanging out with the Princess again and the Prince shows some hostility just like always. I have more to add however” I said as I pause for a bit waiting to see if she has anything to add.

“Feels like things really start get going around this time” Maova commented. Seems that’s all she has to say.

“The King wants me to keep an eye out for that otherworlder called Reiza. Seems she has been moving around too much for his liking” I explained.

“She really hasn’t made it seem like she’s on their side has she? Honestly it’s good to see someone so dangerous not completely on their side” She commented. The fact that we got someone that dangerous from the summoning is quite the luck, then said person more or less staying neutral.

“What are the odds of that?” I muttered.

“Like hell I’ll know” She dismissively replied.

“Anyway, what are your opinions on keeping an eye on her? How would she act?” I asked just so I have more ideas of what to do with her.

“That’s kind of a problem isn’t it? She just always disappeared to who knows where sometimes. Usually she’s in her room in the academy in the morning but sometimes she’s just not there” She said as if signifying her own frustration with trying to keep an eye on her as well. She periodically disappeared without a trace… Then keeping an eye on her will be quite difficult.

“Sounds like a pain. Hopefully the King doesn’t notice me-”

*Knock* *Knock*

“Huh? Who could it be?” Maova noted. Someone just has to interrupt us. I feel like I have some idea of who it may be.

“I’ll get it” I said as I walked over to the door and opened it, seeing who was on the other side… Well it’s as I expected.

“Rosia…” The Princess said as she noticed me opening the door for her.

“Princess, anything you want from me?” I asked as I let her in. She noticed Maova but didn’t comment on it, having her focus on me.

“I just want to know what happened with you and my father” She said, sounding a bit worried.

“There’s no need to worry my Princess, he just wants me to do something, it shouldn't take too long” I said with a confident tone.

“I see… I’m sorry if I worried too much” She replied.

“There’s no need for that” I said.

“Alright, guess I’ll be going now. Sorry I took both of your time” She said as she bowed slightly to Maova and I before leaving.

“She is definitely quite a polite girl. It is the most unfortunate that she will be a victim of something she doesn’t deserved” Maova commented with a small amount of sarcasm.

“I’ll make sure she’s not completely broken if you want” I said dismissively.

“It’s none of my business” She replied casually, just what I want to hear.

“Alright then, so, should we get going then?” I asked in response, walking over to the door and making sure it was locked.

“Yeah. This stuffy place isn’t my cup of tea” Maova said as she make a small playful gesture before-

*Zoom*

Teleporting us back to our room. Now we can just do whatever and wait the day out. What can I do today I wonder…

“Ah it’s nice to be back. Anything we should do today?” Maova asked as she walked over and sat down on the sofa in the living room.

“I am trying to think here… Sex?” I proposed since I can’t think of anything else. Her face winced for a bit, guess she’s not in the mood for that.

“M-Maybe shelve that away for other times. I don’t think we should just do that so soon after coming back” Maova said a bit awkwardly.

“Alright fine… Hm? There’s a note on the table…” I said and noticed. What is said on this? I picked it up and took a look before Maova could.

“‘Your sister and her friend want to see the trio again…’ That’s all the message said” I read it out loud and a bit baffled by how short the message is.

“Ah, those three rambunctious girls. Who wrote that anyway?” Maova replied and reached her hand out to get the note from me, which I gave to her.

“Hmm… I think this is Kaa-san’s handwriting… Can’t she just teleport them to the girls in our stead? Whatever I guess. How about we go see the girls first before bringing the trio here” Maova concluded and stood back up.

“Sure” I replied, having no objection to that idea.

We both walked out and into the corridor of this black castle, to the room where the two should be and visit them. I wonder if Yuria is also around.

*Knock* *Knock*

…No response. Perhaps they are in their bedroom instead?

“Should we try opening the door?” I asked Maova.

“Why not” She replied as she grabbed the handle and opened the door. It’s not locked and the door opens to let us see what is inside and the two of them aren’t present. Guess they are in their room, on the left side of the living room. Hopefully they aren’t busy at the moment, doing something that really shouldn’t be interrupted. 

“Guess they are in their room?” Maova said, sounding a bit puzzled, and then walked over to the room on the left where they should be and-

*Knock* *Knock*

She knocks on the door and waits for a response, which she eventually gets.

“Hello? Ah Sis!” Revia said, sounding a bit surprised.

“How are you doing? Heard you want those three for company” I greeted back trying to not sound too stern like I usually am.

“Right! We haven’t seen them in a while. Could we get to see them again?” Yuuna said energetically. 

“We can… Say Rosia, what do you think those girls are doing at this time?” Maova asked.

“How should I know? Don’t you know more about them than I am?” I replied feeling a bit exasperated by that question.

“I don’t have a clue either… I guess I could go check it myself, but I don’t think they’ll come here this late… I think” Maova said not sounding all too optimistic. It is getting a bit late but considering how energetic those folks were there is still a chance.

“We can wait if they’re busy” Revia said, trying to be considerate.

“I mean who really knows. We’ll go check on them for you okay? Please wait here” Maova said as she-

*Zoom*

Teleported away with me by her side. Now we’re in the neighborhood of the trio, and from here Maova should be able to lead us to where they should be.

I followed her behind as she walked over to one of the houses.

*Knock* *Knock*

She knocked on the door and waited for a response, which she got in the form of a woman with wolf features opening the door.

“Ah! Miss Maova. How great to see you again, anything you need from us?” She said politely with a friendly expression.

“Oh I’m just here to check up on the girls. I have introduced them to kids their age back home so I’m here to check on them for them” Maova casually mentioned.

“I’ve heard about that. I would like to know as well how well they’re getting along” She said, keeping a relaxed and pleasant expression.

“Oh they’re hitting it off pretty well. Of course as of now they haven’t hung out that much, are they around by any chance?” Maova said, continuing the conversation. I myself am not involved in the conversation. Let’s just look around in the meantime…

“Oh Tana is out with her friends right now. They’ll probably come back soon so no need to worry” The wolf woman said that. I’m here seeing a bunny girl in the distance who clearly noticed me and tried to sneak away.

“I see… Rosia what are you looking at?... Oh” Maova said and noticed my eyes staring at this girl. She slowly backed away trying to get out of my sight.

“Is that… Oh it’s Elisa!” The wolf woman exclaimed after also looking in the same direction.

“Who is that girl?” I asked, feeling a bit left out.

“She’s the friend of the trio I believe” Maova replied.

“She’s always there for them, if not always approving of their adventurous ways” The wolf woman added. Anyhow it seems like she’s not too comfortable with us about, which she probably doesn’t know much of.

“I see… Should we beckon her in?” Maova asked, looking unsure of what to do with this rather odd girl.

“She doesn’t do too well with strangers. Maybe if everyone is together she’ll get a bit better” The wolf woman answered.

“Alright then, anyway please tell the three that the girls want to see them again. I’ll come visit here again tomorrow alright?” Maova said, keeping the friendly tone.

“Heard it loud and clear” The wolf woman said with a polite smile on her. Guess that’s the end of that.

“This is all. It’s been pleasant talking with you” Maova said as she walked away with me by her side.

“Should we check up on that girl before we go?” Maova said, regarding the bunny girl named Elisa.

“Might as well” I replied. I look around the area where she was at, but only small traces of her remains, which we can use to follow if we want to.

“Okay let’s go search for the bunny girl” Maova said as she takes the lead and follows whatever traces there are of hers. I follow behind as we keep a lookout for wherever this girl might be.

“Oh, she’s right there” I said as I pointed to her standing there isolating herself, probably thinking she’s alone and no one was seeking her out.

*Zoom*

Both of us silently teleported behind her back and waited for her to notice us, just as a way of sending a message I supposed.

“Wha!?” She turned around and shouted out, falling down to the ground. Maova’s expression twitched for a bit, no doubt amused by the girl’s reaction.

“Saw you looking at us for a bit. Anyway sorry to hear your friends going about without you” Maova said while keeping the friendly tone. Reaching her hand out to pick the girl back up.

“I’m fine…” The bunny girl said as she stood back up without taking Maova’s assistance.

“Hmm…” Maova hummed as she stared at the girl, why is that I wonder?

“C-Can you not stare at me please?” Elisa said looking plenty nervous.

“Skilled with weapons like axes and hammers, and proficient in darkness” Maova muttered to herself. She must’ve used [Appraisal] when she was observing her a few seconds ago.

“Huh?” The girl let out a sound in bewilderment, having no idea as to what Maova just did.

“Oh it’s nothing important. Anyway sorry to scare you there, hope to see you tomorrow as well, the kids back home want more company” Maova said as she waved at her before walking off with me. That wasn’t much of an encounter as much as some sort of establishing moment for us in her eyes.

“Sure that’s all you want to say?” I asked Maova as we’re walking away to get out of sight as well.

“Yeah. Let’s just go back home and tell them a bit of an unfortunate news shall we?” Maova said as she reached her hand out to me once we found somewhere quiet and isolated. I grabbed it of course.

*Zoom*

And now we’re back in their living room with them waiting on the couch.

“So where are they?” Yuuna asked, sounding a bit impatient.

“They’re out in their adventure again even at this time. Sorry but you two have to wait for tomorrow” Maova answered casually.

“Aww” Yuuna sounded her disappointment and leaned back on the couch some more.

“Don’t be like that!” Revia said as she shakes Yuuna a bit.

“Sorry for the bad news Sis” I said in Maova’s stead who doesn’t sound her condolences at all.

“It’s alright. Thanks for telling us, Sis” Revia replied.

“Guess we’re done here… Nothing else you two want right?” Maova said, as she tried to walk away at first but stopped to consider what else the girls wanted her to do.

“Nah” Yuuna replied dismissively as she lay down some more.

“We’re fine” Revia replied as well.

“Alright then. Let’s go back to our room Rosia” Maova said as she walked out the room with me along as well. Going back to our room and taking our time thinking of what is there to do, or maybe we’ll just skip to the good stuff, I’ll soon see if she’s in the mood for it now or not.

3